Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2021, 18:13   #166

Re: My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by allspace View Post
Hello! Is there a special process to activate the Lane Assist feature?

I've tried a few times on the highway - with speeds at about 80 - 100kmph, clearly marked lanes etc, but I always get an error that the system could not be activated.
I've been following up with the dealer on this and their diagnostic software says that the cameras behind the windshield are not calibrated. They don't have the tool that they need to recalibrate it available anywhere and need to import it - which will take them a month or so.

I'm just surprised as to what could have gone wrong for this to not be calibrated correctly from the factory and missed in every PDI check from there. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhagan
When we bought our car, the dealership said that the voice control module was back ordered. Is it included in the price of the car? We are in Chennai and bought the car in Tirunelveli, can the dealership in Chennai install it for us?
Any VW Service station can install it for you. However, you need an activation code for it which will be generated by the dealership that you bought the car from.
Old 26th February 2021, 14:38   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhagan View Post
Is it included in the price of the car? We are in Chennai and bought the car in Tirunelveli, can the dealership in Chennai install it for us?
Thanks!
Hi

As someone else answered, any dealership should be able to update this. In my case, the code came as part of the car, so there was no addl price to pay. The Maps SD card(although it has European maps), Voice control software code, etc were part of the car at delivery. They installed it during PDI. So far, I haven't used it much though.

--Kalyan

Quote:
I'm just surprised as to what could have gone wrong for this to not be calibrated correctly from the factory and missed in every PDI check from there. Any ideas?
Hi

This is the first time I am hearing about this. In all the cars that I have seen amongst my friends, family and acquaintances, this was pre-calibrated and working fine. I enjoy this the best on the ORR and Highways around Hyderabad.

--Kalyan
Old 2nd March 2021, 14:30   #168

My Tiguan Allspace Overview/Why Traditional Car Manufacturers Will Fail

My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-20210302_115804.jpg

Took delivery of my Tiguan Allspace around two months ago, I'm going to give a brief overview of my thoughts on the vehicle.

Firstly I'd like to say I would have never considered this car if not for Kalyan's extensive review, I'm sure the same goes for many BHPians.

A brief overview about the cars we currently have/had:

We have owned a BMW 630d GT M sport for a year and half now and love the car. I'll create a separate post sometime down the line as to why I think it's the best BMW (vfm) you can get in India. (Quite controversial, but bear with me till I finish that write-up)
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-img20191010wa0024.jpg

We sold our Ford Ecosport AT around June, it had served us for 5 years and 40000 kilometres racking up quite a service bill with an entire transmission failure just before the 30000 kilometre mark. Ford replaced it at half price. 2 months after the sale, I get to know from the next owner that the transmission has failed again (around the 45000 kilometre mark). While the car was a decent vehicle, service costs are apalling.
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-20191206_162656.jpg

The need for a second car arose despite the lack of travel due to COVID-19 as the sheer size of the BMW (5.1 metres) made it painful to drive on smaller roads and the lower ground clearance (which I love) makes it hard to take on bad roads.

My father's requirement was that the car be an SUV as he loved the XUV500 we had before.My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-20180603_173115.jpg

My mother's requirement was that the car be an automatic, easy to drive, and somewhat compact. My main requirement was that the car come equipped with AWD/4WD as I love exploring new hills, lakes, and whatnot and my off-roading desire(sometimes even painstakingly taking the BMW up some hills) prompted the need for vehicle I could take anywhere. (well most places at least, I'm fully aware that a tiguan isn't a full blown off roader and is a soft roader, but I will be pushing it to its limits off the road).

With this in mind, Ladder on frame vehicles were immediately ruled out, and in the Monocoque SUV segment, very few options exist with AWD. I considered used options including: Tiguan, XC40(diesel), Q3, GLA, XC60, X1, GLC among a few more and none of them really seemed appealing, I wasn't able to find decent used ones in Hyderabad and the few that existed were overpriced. I chose not to go with the new compass because I feel that it is overpriced, and does not offer the same value as the Tiguan for the price.

One fine day, I came across a Tiguan Allspace review in the Teambhp newsletter. After reading through the immensely detailed review, I believed that this was the car for us. There weren't many other options available to be honest, so we stuck with this. It probably reflects why we BHPians have depleted all Tiguan stock in the country!

After reading the recent write-ups on the new superb, I feel like I missed out on something. I personally prefer sedans over crossovers/SUVs any day, I absolutely adore them and will still use my Beamer a lot more than the Volkswagen. It is what it is however as we needed an AWD SUV and the Tiguan fit the bill.
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-20210125_112605.jpg

Dealership experience: This is the main highlight of my mini-review:

I would like to note that this was by far the worst possible experience I have ever encountered purchasing anything (GTO's don't let a bad dealership experience deter you from buying a great car gave me some willpower to proceed). We went to book the vehicle at PPS Motors on 31st December when VW still had the 5 year Service package (SVP) running. For some reason, the salesperson (who coincidentally sold a T-Roc to a friend of mine, fellow BHPian Rakhshit2929) did not take the booking amount and assured us the 5 year service offer would be valid in January and that there was no rush. The next day onwards, the salesman seemed least bothered to sell us the vehicle, and constantly avoided us. It was a situation wherein we had to chase the salesman instead of the other way round. A few days later, he informed us that there was no SVP being offered and asked for more time to confirm something with VW India.

At this point we were so frustrated with the entire experience that we planned on cancelling the purchase plan and waiting for the Kodiaq. We tried MODY Volkswagen, and after a few hours we got in touch with the salesman, and arranged for a test drive at home and to collect the booking amount. Things went well and we agreed on 33 lakhs OTR with a 5 year SVP and a few accessories, and painting of the side cladding to match the body colour. Just when we thought we had closed the deal, the salesman kept giving us excuses and asking for more time to confirm anything. While the salesman was polite, I can't begin to think of why customers are treated this way. 2 weeks into this whole purchase process dealers were not able to give us any form of invoice. Shoddy dealership managememt, a lack of communication from Volkswagen India among so many other factors seemed to be in play. One dealer said VW has not confirmed the price, the other VW has not confirmed SVP, the other (Chennai) said their management was not approving the price.

We paid a booking amount to another executive from a different branch of PPS (sold my friend a Polo) and he dragged on the process for a few days. Later, we were so fed up with the process we agreed to 33.5 with MODY. A few days later, the salesman informed us that even that price could not be met and he could only do 34 with a 3 year SVP. While the other PPS dealer agreed to 33.5 he was not able to issue an invoice and kept requesting more time. Finally, we gave in and accepted the quote of 34 lakhs OTR with a 3 year SVP, Mud flaps, All weather floor Mats, and a car cover. Then we figured out that he would not be including the side cladding painting and gave us some weak excuse. We were so irritated at this point, but the lack of any other car that fit our requirements forced us to go ahead. (I would like to point out that this wasn't the (MODY) salesman's fault, he was very polite and I believe he tried all that was possible in his capacity)

My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-20210125_112418.jpg

I believe that, to some extent, this is why Tesla is so successful as it sells directly to the customer. There isn't a dealer maximising margins, salesperson trying to negotiate, and each department furthering their own incentive. I would say that this awful experience has made me, a person who would've never considered a Tesla in his life, probably want to make the switch (or at least contemplate it). It is why normal people dread car dealerships, and perhaps one of the reasons Tesla is now worth more that most car manufacturers combined. Maybe there is no easy way out of this, with huge sums paid by dealerships to manufacturers for licenses, complicated laws, and so much more. This is a wave new age manufacturers can ride to crush the competition. I believe that the car buying process has to be unified with only one incentive being pushed ie. give the customer what they want.

Anyways, just sharing my thoughts and experience with other BHPians. Would be great to hear everyone else's thoughts on this. I request moderators to move this post to the right place or delete it if they find it to be irrelevant.

A picture of both the vehicles together.
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-20210210_142153.jpg

The Keys to happiness (some people have pointed out that it looks like a Janitor's key set)
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-20210208_200329.jpg

Moving onto my mini-review, Kalyan seems to have covered practically everything so I'll keep this short.

What I like:
- Half-price Audi Q5. As GTO said, these are 70 lakh cars masquerading as 35 lakh vehicles, and offer tremendous value for money.
- Feels solid. People tend to discount the importance of this, but once you go German you can't go back, everything is so well engineered, thought-through, and works very well. Handles surprisingly well for an SUV, and at 35PSI on all tyres the ride quality is pretty decent unlike the firm ride a lot of people have complained about.
- The overall package. As Kalyan said, it has something for everyone, and manages to keep us very happy.
-AWD, kicks in the second the vehicle loses traction off-road. For what it is, I'd say the vehicle is relatively capable off-road to reach most places. (somewhat go anywhere, except for a 4x4 course)
-Capable of extreme speeds (and inspires you to go further), I won't go into more detail but I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about.

What I don't like:
- Terrible fuel efficiency. (8.5 kmpl on average, for the most part this is 90% a city car, but rising fuel prices are inducing some level of remorse towards petrol. Short drives less than 3-5 kilometres drop the fuel efficiency to sub 5 kmpl)
- No 360° camera. (Would have been useful for my mother while maneuvering in tight spaces, I don't care too much for this, but a rather odd omission on a 40lakh CBU car)
- Steering wheel, gear lever, and a few more bits shared with the Polo. (I'm not a big fan of this steering wheel, I love the thick M-Sport steering on my BMW, if VW had given us the european steering wheel that would've been wonderful)
- Infotainment and sound system. (As an audiophile, I find the sound system on this car mediocre at best, the Skoda Canton or EU-spec Fender system would have made this perfect) (With respect to the infotainment system, although the user-interface is great, I find the option of using a touchscreen very distracting while driving, the rotary knob used by the luxury brands are a godsend and I absolutely love this on my BMW, I have never used the touchscreen on it, ever.)
-No wireless Android Auto/Apple Car play, It's not the end of the world, but one would expect that much in 2021.

I'm attaching a few photos of the car right now, I'll probably upload a gallery of pictures on this thread when I get the chance to. I've been wanting to enable the autonomous driving and maybe do a RS245 Remap at some point down the line, although time will tell if these dreams are ever realised.
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-20210302_115816.jpg

I'll conclude this rather long write up by thanking everyone on TeamBHP for making this community what it is. The sheer attention to detail and helpfulness of everyone has been and will be a boon to the Indian automotive scene. Please do share any thoughts and comments, I'd love to gain a more insightful perspective.

Happy motoring!

Last edited by Oggy : 2nd March 2021 at 14:52.
Oggy is offline   (70) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 01:01   #169

Amazing review @Oggy. Thoroughly enjoyed reading your review of your Tiguan Allspace. I am so happy that you chose this German beast after all the searching that we both had done for the last 6-8 months. Looking forward to many Off-roading trails and road trips in your Tiguan Allspace and my Thar in the coming months.
rakshith2929 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 10:16   #170
BHPian

What a garage man!!!

Stuff of dreams.

A big fast low slung and spacious MUV.
Wishing you many many happy miles with zhe Germans!
viXit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 12:32   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Must have been just a random miss out at the factory. Hopefully it isn't a hardware failure or something. Driver aids reliant on the camera behind the windshield need to be calibrated if they are disturbed for any reason. They usually have a handheld device that is plugged into the diagnostic port and the car is driven normally for a short distance to make sure all the markers are recognised. It is standard procedure after windshield replacement.

I saw this being done when I got the windshield on my X1 replaced due to a stone crack.
alphahere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 12:54   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post
I would like to thank all the bhpians who bought the all space Tiguan . I sincerely hope the deck/stocks are now cleared for all new Kodiaq 2.0L TSI. Decided to get one Kodiaq already.
I am waiting for the Kodiaq too but looks like it will be June launch and not before. Some more wait ...
Old 4th March 2021, 17:21   #173
BHPian

SA reached out to me stating that the next lot booking for Tiguan Allspace is to commence shortly. Specifics are awaited. I assume that this is the next import lot as SA stated this lot will be without discounts. I asked him about month/ year of manufacture and yet to hear back.

I was not aware the next lot was being imported so soon. I had assumed this to be in Q2. Does anyone have any information on this aspect?
Old 5th March 2021, 09:49   #174

Good review.

The 2021s are the first ones to come with wireless CarPlay in the US. Since these cars are from 2019 They don’t have the updated electronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post

My Tiguan Allspace Overview/Why Traditional Car Manufacturers Will Fail

Attachment 2127769

Took delivery of my Tiguan Allspace around two months ago, I'm going to give a brief overview of my thoughts on the vehicle.

Firstly I'd like to say I would have never considered this car if not for Kalyan's extensive review, I'm sure the same goes for many BHPians.

A brief overview about the cars we currently have/had:
I'll conclude this rather long write up by thanking everyone on TeamBHP for making this community what it is. The sheer attention to detail and helpfulness of everyone has been and will be a boon to the Indian automotive scene. Please do share any thoughts and comments, I'd love to gain a more insightful perspective.

Happy motoring!

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th March 2021 at 09:58. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 8th March 2021, 07:32   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Many Congratulations on your new car. I had the Tiguan All space on my mind for some time now however the latest prices showing up in Bangalore is 34.2 Ex Showroom. This I feel is dangerously close to Fortuner / Endeavour territory.
I am not sure if its worth the price as I might as well stretch a bit more and move to full blown BOF models.
swarnava.ch is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 07:42   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
I had the Tiguan All space on my mind for some time now however the latest prices showing up in Bangalore is 34.2 Ex Showroom. This I feel is dangerously close to Fortuner / Endeavour territory.
I do get amazed when people cross shop between cars like the Fortuner / Endeavor and the Tiguan Allspace / Kodiaq based on price. The fact is that these are very different segments with different use cases. If you want a refined car for urban / highway use, with the possibility of squeezing in a couple of extra kids at a pinch, consider the Allspace. If you drive on bad rural roads (or actually go off-road), and need something that is rugged and can live with a lack of refinement, buy the Fortuner / Endeavor et al. Don’t think a small price difference should drive that decision. BTW, as far as I know, the petrol Fortuner always sold for less than the Tiguan (even if it is 2 WD and not 4 WD)
Hayek is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 08:06   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
I do get amazed when people cross shop between cars like the Fortuner / Endeavor and the Tiguan Allspace / Kodiaq based on price. The fact is that these are very different segments with different use cases. If you want a refined car for urban / highway use, with the possibility of squeezing in a couple of extra kids at a pinch, consider the Allspace. If you drive on bad rural roads (or actually go off-road), and need something that is rugged and can live with a lack of refinement, buy the Fortuner / Endeavor et al. Don’t think a small price difference should drive that decision. BTW, as far as I know, the petrol Fortuner always sold for less than the Tiguan (even if it is 2 WD and not 4 WD)
You make a fair point sir but let me add some more thoughts from myside.
1. To your point about cross shopping, I agree that car purchases should be use case based however I feel in India, people buy within segments - 5Lacs+/-[Maruti / Hyundai/ Renault], Next Major Milestone is 10Lacs+/-[Maruti / Hyundai, Tata] then 15[CSUVs and some Sedans], 20 [SUVs - Harrier, Hectors etc] , 25 Lacs [Crystas, Jeeps], 35 Lacs [Fortuner, Endeavours, Glisters], 45 Lacs [Big 3 - Merc, BMW, Audi etc]

2. Every Segment has a king or a star with an aspirational value. This car does not make sense on use case but just the aspirational value - Case in Point - New Thar. How many new owners have accepted that they really didn’t need it but went with heart over head. So if I have a budget close to that, may be I get tempted.

3. About Tiguan Vs Endeavour use case - Lets take a scenario -
Medium Family - 5 + 2 seater where 2 kids are there and frequent weekend travel over highways, hills, broken roads. No real hardcore 4X4 stuff but basic stuff to get going. Endeavour here makes compete sense here in this case. Its an equally competent highway tourer.

I reiterate again - I have a fear that the price overlap will reflect in sales numbers.
I hope you don’t take offence I am only trying to express my views, the car itself is brilliant. Please feel free to disagree.

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 8th March 2021 at 08:06. Reason: type, corretions
swarnava.ch is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 20:21   #178
BHPian

Saw an ad stating ex showroom at 28.95 lacs
Attached Thumbnails
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-2aa2db270c974b0b80679b510ab3c5f1.jpeg  

Old 13th March 2021, 20:54   #179
BHPian

Went to the VW whitefield showroom today and took a test drive. The car is amazing to drive and is very spacious as 5 seater and can carry kids when needed in the last row.

- dealer has an MY2020 in red colour ready and is offering 2-3 lacs discount including 3 year maintenance package. The car was with Continental tires in place of the older Hanooks.
- the next batch of MY2021 is expected by mid to end April and can be booked now. The price is going up by couple of lacs at ~ 44 lacs OTR BLR.

- the SA was not aware if there are any added features in MY2021 cars. My guess is there would be atleast wireless car play.

Now my confusion starts - I like this car but I like the looks of Kodiaq more. Is it worth the wait for another 3-4 months for Kodiaq or should I go ahead with Tiggy?
Old 14th March 2021, 09:56   #180

I will be adding a few photos and a small ownership update at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
SA reached out to me stating that the next lot booking for Tiguan Allspace is to commence shortly. Specifics are awaited. I assume that this is the next import lot as SA stated this lot will be without discounts. I asked him about month/ year of manufacture and yet to hear back.

I was not aware the next lot was being imported so soon. I had assumed this to be in Q2. Does anyone have any information on this aspect?
I'm not too sure that there will be a next lot for the Tiguan AllSpace, the car was a slow seller that only sold with considerable discounts. My SA said the tiguan allspace will not be sold for MY2021 due to the Kodiaq launch and VW India wants to limit internal brand rivalry. Would be interesting to see if they actually end up launching the Allspace again. My best guess, and the best thing for VW India to do, is to launch the regular tiguan as a 2WD petrol at 25-29 Ex showroom and launch the kodiaq above that. Should be great for sales, but time will tell.

Quote:
Good review.

The 2021s are the first ones to come with wireless CarPlay in the US. Since these cars are from 2019 They don’t have the updated electronics.
Thank you, my vehicle is a Jan 2020 manufactured unit so I figured it would be a MY2021 car. Interesting to know though.

Quote:
Many Congratulations on your new car. I had the Tiguan All space on my mind for some time now however the latest prices showing up in Bangalore is 34.2 Ex Showroom. This I feel is dangerously close to Fortuner / Endeavour territory.
I am not sure if its worth the price as I might as well stretch a bit more and move to full blown BOF models.
I don't feel that the vehicle is worth 34.2 ex showroom. It's a good car but considerably expensive, especially in Bangalore. Most of us got the vehicle for a sub 30 lakh ex showroom price, so I'd say it depends on how much you like the car if you want to justify that price. I for one would not have bought it at its full sticker price of 34.2, the discounts are what made me consider this vehicle in the first place.

Body/Ladder on frame vehicles are a completely different ballgame. We are talking about a car vs an SUV, the differences are considerable. I don't feel that the Ladder on frame models really have much of an advantage over the monocoque models other than the ruggedness. They're less efficient, worse to drive and dated in today's world. But I still love the appeal of a Fortuner 4x4, which in fact is the vehicle of my choice for the TeamBHP 'Which Indian car' application question.

Quote:
I would actually agree with you in that it is quite surprising that people cross shop between these vehicles that are practically opposites. However, in the Indian context, it makes quite a lot of sense. Assuming both vehicles come at around 40lakh OTR, Indian's think about it from the perspective of: What am I getting for my money. Hence, vehicles to be purchased in India, in my view at least, are considered based on the price segment they fit in rather than their vehicle segment. For instance, when we bought our BMW 6GT, the only other serious contender was the new CKD Velar. So while use cases do matter and could influence the decision at the end of the day most people cross shop and make their decision based on other factors.

Quote:
You make a fair point sir but let me add some more thoughts from myside.
1. To your point about cross shopping, I agree that car purchases should be use case based however I feel in India, people buy within segments - 5Lacs+/-[Maruti / Hyundai/ Renault], Next Major Milestone is 10Lacs+/-[Maruti / Hyundai, Tata] then 15[CSUVs and some Sedans], 20 [SUVs - Harrier, Hectors etc] , 25 Lacs [Crystas, Jeeps], 35 Lacs [Fortuner, Endeavours, Glisters], 45 Lacs [Big 3 - Merc, BMW, Audi etc]

2. Every Segment has a king or a star with an aspirational value. This car does not make sense on use case but just the aspirational value - Case in Point - New Thar. How many new owners have accepted that they really didn’t need it but went with heart over head. So if I have a budget close to that, may be I get tempted.

3. About Tiguan Vs Endeavour use case - Lets take a scenario -
Medium Family - 5 + 2 seater where 2 kids are there and frequent weekend travel over highways, hills, broken roads. No real hardcore 4X4 stuff but basic stuff to get going. Endeavour here makes compete sense here in this case. Its an equally competent highway tourer.
Very true, especially with the second point, most Thar owners may never take their vehicles off-road, and yet they still own such a capable vehicle. Perhaps they preferred it to the Honda City or the Seltos. Again, completely different segments but huge levels off cross-shopping (I feel that this is the case especially with Maruti). The Tiguan and Endeavour should be complete opposites, but in a few ways are similar. Especially from the features and basic use case perspective, both have 4WD/AWD and a lot of features, so preferences and cross-shopping will exist.

Quote:
Saw an ad stating ex showroom at 28.95 lacs
This was (or maybe is?) the standard discounted rate VW India offered on the Tiguan AllSpace and what I believe most of us BHPians bought it for. Not sure if dealers are still selling it at this price.

Quote:
Went to the VW whitefield showroom today and took a test drive. The car is amazing to drive and is very spacious as 5 seater and can carry kids when needed in the last row.

- dealer has an MY2020 in red colour ready and is offering 2-3 lacs discount including 3 year maintenance package. The car was with Continental tires in place of the older Hanooks.
- the next batch of MY2021 is expected by mid to end April and can be booked now. The price is going up by couple of lacs at ~ 44 lacs OTR BLR.

- the SA was not aware if there are any added features in MY2021 cars. My guess is there would be atleast wireless car play.

Now my confusion starts - I like this car but I like the looks of Kodiaq more. Is it worth the wait for another 3-4 months for Kodiaq or should I go ahead with Tiggy?
I find 44 to be quite high and at that price it's probably better to go with the Kodiaq when it launches. My vehicle has Continental tyres although most vehicles I saw had the Hankooks. Looks are subjective, although I feel maybe the Kodiaq looks better from certain angles, the VW badge is a bit more premium. (Same car though). I would suggest getting the Tiguan if you're able to get the car at a sub 40lakh OTR in Bengaluru, if not, then the Kodiaq would probably be a better choice. With Skoda's recent sky high pricing and perhaps a lower cost 2WD model of the Kodiaq being launched instead(no evidence, just an assumption I'm making), perhaps it's better to get the Tiguan instead.

Ownership Update

Fuel efficiency seems to have improved after the initial break-in period, I'm getting around 450 kilometres for a full tank which works out to around 8.5/9kmpl on average, although I did get 12kmpl on a normal city drive once. Time will tell if this improves but I'm doubtful.
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-20210313_120515.jpg
The Air conditioning has failed in my car after a mere 800 kilometres of usage. It used to work sometimes at night but recently that has stopped as well. Had to drive the car without A/C in Hyderabad's 40°C weather (very unpleasant). The blower still blows air, but cooling is zero. Dropped the car off at the service center yesterday, they have taken the car to a different centre to diagnose the problem, SA still reckons it is related to the gas despite having checked that when I complained at the Swagat service 100 kilometres ago. I wonder if any other BHPians have faced this problem or other problems with their Tiguans.

Dismal sales experience, confusing vehicle ownership experience, doubtful and scary afters ales experience. Welcome to the VW family

I absolutely love the shade of silver (Pyrite Silver) on this car. It is by far one of the best shades of silver I've ever seen. Apologies in advance for the photos I captured from the DSLR's screen, I haven't gotten to uploading the files on my laptop and sending it to my phone yet, will do so next time
Attached Thumbnails
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-20210314_094403.jpg  

My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-20210314_094412.jpg  

My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-20210314_094423.jpg  

My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-20210314_094510.jpg  

Oggy is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed