Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2020, 00:17   #16
BHPian

re: My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep

Thanks for sharing. This was more exhaustive than offical reviews. Loved going through each and every detail.
Storm2.0 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 00:19   #17
BHPian

re: My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep

Thanks for the comprehensive in detail review, did not skip a word.

Perfectly composed pictures with details.

Wish you safe and fun miles ahead.

Love this VW how it looks.

Last edited by bageherath : 4th December 2020 at 00:28.
bageherath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 07:47   #18
BHPian

Re: My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep

Very detailed review and a great attention to details . Once again congratulations on your buy and wishing you safe and happy motoring .
anumod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 08:50   #19
BHPian

I have been waiting for this ownership thread since the time you booked the car. Car looks fantastic overall (the black alloys make it look mean). Have you tested the car under full load? Does it affect the performance negatively or is the car able to take the full load with no sweat!?

All the best,
Sreesh
Sreesh1009 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 09:24   #20
BHPian

Hey Kalyan hyd,

Great VW you've got there.

Your decision to paint your wheels black has worked. Makes your VW look more aggressive and expensive.

Good that you went for the white Tiguan Allspace over the black one. You can really see the aggressive lines of the Tiguan Allspace in white.

Anyways I want to wish you happy miles on your VW. Enjoy.

Last edited by Eshan Joshi : 4th December 2020 at 09:25.
Eshan Joshi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 09:29   #21
BHPian

What a beautiful car! Congratulations on your beast and wishing you many many happy miles! Since we have a Diesel Tiguan, quite a lot of the gizmo and electrical stuff is fairly common and so I'd like to share a few cues :-

Diversity Antenna
The antenna on your roof is actually a dummy SHARKFIN and the real diversity antenna is along the rear windscreen glass. This has also been the case on our Jetta.

Boot Closing
Contrary to popular belief, the Electric Boot can be both OPENED and CLOSED from the Driver Side Boot Button by holding it till it closes. This is something we've used numerous times on our vehicle. If it isn't working for you, it might just be a small VCDS tweak, but it might just work. In fact, the reverse camera also works when the Boot is opening and closing.

Miscellaneous Accessories
On the Tiguan Official Review, I have posted a small post with the minor tweaks I've made on our car. I'm sure you might be interested in the Pedal Caps, and Battery Cover since they are nearly identical on your steed. You may check them out here. (Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review)

Thanks for the information on the Service Packages and the overall thread was a treat!
fluidicjoy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 09:37   #22
BHPian

Great thread, love your detailed description of every aspect and part of the car. The black alloys are a great idea and they sure do enhance the look of the car.

Congratulations on the ownership and wishing you many happy miles with the car.
EightSix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 11:24   #23
BHPian

This was an incredibly comprehensive review. Might end up listed as a Team-BHP review. Definitely 5 stars!

The Tiguan Allspace is definitely a very capable all rounder, just like the Kodiaq. The 2.0 TSi has more punch than the 2.0 TDi, which means it's probably a lot more fun.

I love the piping on the seats! Definitely a great touch, which isn't even available on our L&K Kodiaq.

Coming to two things :
  1. Electric Boot Closure : As someone mentioned earlier, the boot can be closed from the cabin by pulling and holding the switch till it closes. A safety feature to make sure you're watching and can stop immediately if there's an obstruction.
  2. Battery Life : The older Tiguan TDi and the Kodiaq come with regular lead acid batteries while yours comes with the an EFB. EFBs support more start-stop cycles so might do better than you think.

Let me know if you find out where I can get the Contis in that size. We're on MRF now and if this import ban isn't lifted, we're all going to end up on MRFs.

Last edited by saur95 : 4th December 2020 at 11:27.
saur95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 11:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on such wonderful car and great review! This will help anyone who would like to do a research on Allspace.
I have couple of questions:
  • Does it have adaptive cruise control? (I assume not)
  • The foldable trays meant for the rear passengers, are they hard and poky or have soft touch especially where it touches the knees? (I know there is sufficient legroom and in most cases it does touch)
  • You have mentioned about paddle-shift but I don't see it in the pictures
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 11:32   #25
BHPian

Spent the first few hours of the day to go over this thread and could only skim through. Great attention to detail. This thread could easily become the tbhp official review of the car!

Wish you lakhs and lakhs of trouble free ownership!
shifu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 11:43   #26
BHPian

Congratulations on the car and thank you for the wonderfully detailed review. You rival the mods in writing reviews and I am sure the mods are going to recruit you into the review team!
The explanation of all the various functions was so nice that I felt like heading out to VW and booking the car.
A well-built car with understated elegance, packed with intelligent tech features and AWD makes for a very good value for money proposition.
The only thing left is for VW to improve the after-sales experience especially regarding turnaround time and costs for spares.
Deep Blue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 11:51   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for a Very Deep & Investigative type of review Kalyan, well done

Congratulations for your new (CBU) Tiguan All Space.

Enjoy
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 11:55   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I have couple of questions:[list][*]Does it have adaptive cruise control? (I assume not)
  1. Yes. The Tiguan AllSpace does have Adaptive Cruise, enabled from the factory itself. The radar is located behind the Front Tiguan Logo. I'm in the process of enabling it on our Diesel Tiguan and will share my process soon.
  2. The tray tables are solid plastic, but as you rightly said, thanks to the legroom, they wouldn't end up being a nuisance.
  3. Paddle shifters are present too, but they are not super meaty and remain the understated aspect of the ubiquitous wheel.
fluidicjoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 11:59   #29
BHPian

Congratulations! Brilliantly written review, it highlights everything of importance. I saw the Tiguan all space at the showroom, and it looks like the perfect SUV, below a Mercedes, or BMW. Personally I love how the car looks, and I can only imagine what the 2.0 TSI is capable of.
AJ18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 12:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful wide and rugged stance this car has, just like the Kodiaq. Hope you will enjoy thousands of miles of trouble free ownership!

On the repaint options, it is my thinking too. I do not like unpainted bumpers and side skirts. That was the same story on the Kodiaq Style, before they launched the L&K. That had all the plastic bits painted in body colour and it took the character and look of the car many notches above.

What is weird is that when VW launched the car, it had painted parts! All the review units had painted bits too! And suddenly when the car reached the showrooms for delivery, the parts were again un-painted and just like the old Tiguan. I was surprised, but not so surprised given VW India is known for such fumbles. Since your car is white, it will be very easy to match the paint and get it done, I highly recommend it. Although it will then make your alloys look even smaller than they already do after the paint job. The look and proportions of the car beg for 19" wheels to be honest. Sometime last year, VW was testing the Tiguan AllSpace R-Line in a dark grey shade. Now that would have been the car to launch instead I feel! Wonder they will do it anyways? Cant predict anything with VW.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed