Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2021, 11:46   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
If you take a quotation from a VW showroom in your city, they will clearly mention if a car is MY2020 or MY2021.

No credible news article available on the no of Allspaces imported so far.

--Kalyan
Thank you! Didn't know that.
Two friends who picked up the AllSpace in Mumbai in November 2020 & Feb 2021 were offered only the 2019 MFD vehicle.
No where was 2020 MFD vehicle offered, across all the dealers - and this was when stocks were fairly easily available with all dealers.

In fact both of them got cars with soiled interiors - despite taking them from two separate dealers, so buyers please do a thorough PDI!
lamborghini is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 12:26   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
No where was 2020 MFD vehicle offered, across all the dealers - and this was when stocks were fairly easily available with all dealers.

In fact both of them got cars with soiled interiors - despite taking them from two separate dealers, so buyers please do a thorough PDI!
My Allspace is also a 2019 manufactured car. Same with about 6-7 of us here in Hyderabad. But, yes, as I mentioned I saw an acquaintance get the MY2021 car.

I don't think selectively dealers are offering MY2020 or MY2021 cars. When they order or get a delivery from the company, based on the VIN, perhaps that is deciphered. But, since My2021 cars are there, if available, one can definitely make a request to see if the dealer will comply and get the newer car from the company.

The soiled interior is a case with many instances on this car. The car when imported did not come with fully covered seats just head-rests were covered. I did check on this in the stockyards itself. So, between the times the car was offloaded from the ship and sent to the company yard and received by a dealer at his yard. And then to the showroom for delivery, there are good chances that many folks may have touched the interiors.

May be some restrictions in Mexico on restrictive use of plastic or cost-cutting.

--Kalyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by niruvrs9669 View Post
I would like to thank all the bhpians who bought the all space Tiguan . I sincerely hope the deck/stocks are now cleared for all new Kodiaq 2.0L TSI. Decided to get one Kodiaq already.
Any particular reason for selecting a Kodiaq?

--Kalyan

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 12th February 2021 at 12:28. Reason: Added another reply
kalyan_hyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 15:40   #153
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Any particular reason for selecting a Kodiaq?
--Kalyan
My search started with a 3.2 L Endeavour but the idea of buying a preowned one fizzled out after trying a few of them. Sound advice from senior bhpians helped not to venture into demo car territory. I'm not sure of the bi-turbo launch and Ford's India plans.

The previous generation Kodiaq 2.0L TDI didn't appeal much due to that 'just adequate' performance figures, no doubt a good VFM product however.

I've been living with a 2005-06 octavia vRS all the while, but never considered upgrading to a bigger sedan as it served the purpose for city use. I quite like the instant power available on tap. Now with the 15 year rule and green taxes coming up, I may have to part with it in an year or so.

Then this unconventional thought of 'why not a petrol SUV'. It made sense especially if its going to be few hundred kilos lighter and smaller in size than the likes of Endeavor as my primary use is within the City.

While VW is supposedly premium, I don't quite connect with the plane jane looks of most of their cars. Hence, the Kodiaq 2.0L TSI., attached a pic from Aussie website.
Attached Thumbnails
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-kodiaqaus.jpg  

Last edited by niruvrs9669 : 12th February 2021 at 15:51. Reason: adding a pic
niruvrs9669 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 18:41   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjoym View Post
Hi Mustangvins! Got a deal of 34 lacs on road + the Hi 5 SVP.
Hi Sanjoy, many congratulations to you & Kalyan on your new rides.
Can you please share your SA contact details & would you know if similar deals are still available. Thanks.
harshunlimited is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 21:06   #155
BHPian

Congrats to all those who got their new Tiggys!! It's a well sorted, but powerful and fully loaded SUV! I got interested to do a test drive today and did a decent long test drive (highway + within city). As a driver it felt just like any good sedan (I drive a Linea TJet) and loved how well the vehicle is put together. Drive, power, pickup, suspension and handling was all too smooth. In the current scenario, getting a quote of 39.5lakhs on-road price here in Bangalore (after discounts). Hearing the deals some other BHPians are getting here, feel it's a bit high here.

However, I also have an option to probably buy the demo car. What do you guys think should be the on-road price for a 8k+ kms driven demo car?
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 22:45   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshunlimited View Post
Hi Sanjoy, many congratulations to you & Kalyan on your new rides.
Can you please share your SA contact details & would you know if similar deals are still available. Thanks.
You can mail me at sanjoymajumder@hotmail.com, will get you started and then you can push for more now that the 5 seater is round the corner.
Sanjoym is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 07:33   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
However, I also have an option to probably buy the demo car. What do you guys think should be the on-road price for a 8k+ kms driven demo car?
Hi

Some BHPians from Bangalore have gotten this car at ~37 L on road, I recommend checking with alternate dealers.

TD car would've been used by many folks. But, if you are still keen, remember it's probably a 2019 manufactured/ early 2020 imported car that has driven ~8k. Don't settle for anything less than say a 20% discount.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 16:29   #158
BHPian

Congratulations to the new owners of the Tiggys! I had my first long drive since I bought the car last month. Did around 1050 Kms and then did a shorter 220 Kms drive over the past couple of weekends. Thoroughly enjoyed the drives and so did the passengers. The sublime, smooth 7-speed AT, is an absolute delight to use. Having no previous experience with AT for longer drive, this was my first time really. I do often use my wife's Nano AT (AMT) but for shorter drives and not really comparable. I must admit, I am mighty impressed by the DSG.

What I noticed, much of it already mentioned in the thread, reiterating regardless -
  1. Absolutely planted at higher speeds, albeit I did not try pushing the car too much. Excellent braking, confidence inducing.
  2. Suspension is a bit firm, but not too discomforting. For my second drive, I tried to keep the air pressure at 35 as against the 38-39 PSI. This, I felt reduced the loud thud sound when negotiating those smaller cuts made for laying pipes et.al./undulations on the road. I would like to check at 36-38 PSI too next time to see any visible difference.
  3. Normal mode - there was a tad bit lag at times which I noticed. As this was not consistent, I am not sure, if this is owing to my driving style.
  4. Sport mode - Is a breeze and is an absolute pleasure to listen to the roaring of the engine. Loved it! This does reduce the mileage down few points.
  5. Average consumption /Mileage - I checked using tank full method and got an average of 12.1 overall. The onboard computer calculated mileage also showed a figure similar.
  6. Rear indicators - During the drive, I observed at times the motorist behind did not realise I am moving to a side, in spite of me signaling well on time. I couldn’t understand what was going on and was a bit surprised why people couldn’t notice. It could be me, but later on, I had parked my car with the hazards on. From a distance I noticed, the indicators being tad smaller, may be a bit hard to spot… and could possibly be the reason I had the above mentioned observation. Not sure, this is the case, or was it mere coincidence.
  7. Driver assist - Lane assist is a brilliant feature, when there are clear markings. Something I did notice though, some of the fellow drivers cross over to the lane and the assist will keep us on the lane, therefore need to be careful when using the feature. The system deactivates when steering input is provided, however we will need to be careful. The lane assist system did not include the use case for Indian driving behaviour and pattern

Wish the car had;
  1. Something I wish the car had - Area view or 360 degree view camera. Given the limited parking spots available across locations, it would have helped a great deal to have this feature. It is certainly not a luxury but a feature that could save us from some unwanted scrapes and scratches on the car.
  2. Missing Wireless Android Auto (or Car play, I do not use an iPhone, so not sure) - This is a feature that could avoid the wired connection protruding out. Not something of a miss, but would have certainly loved to have this feature
  3. Google maps on the navigation instrument console - this would have been a nice addon if we could see the navigation on the console.
  4. Ventilated seats - Could do with them, certainly helpful during long drives, especially for hotter places.

Adding few pictures from the shorter drive.
Attached Thumbnails
My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-whatsapp-image-20210215-09.46.54-6.jpeg  

My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-whatsapp-image-20210215-09.46.54-4.jpeg  

My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-whatsapp-image-20210215-09.46.54-2.jpeg  

My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-whatsapp-image-20210215-09.46.54-1.jpeg  

My Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace - Ownership Review & Upkeep-whatsapp-image-20210215-09.46.54.jpeg  

Last edited by Jred : 15th February 2021 at 16:39.
Jred is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 17:05   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjoym View Post
You can mail me at sanjoymajumder@hotmail.com, will get you started and then you can push for more now that the 5 seater is round the corner.
Have already sent an email on 13th buddy, please let me know. So far I am just been quoted 1 Lakh discount, Colours available are Grey, Silver & Red. Maybe I ll have to wait till March end (FY20-21 ending) for a better offer.
harshunlimited is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 01:37   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Have already sent an email on 13th buddy, please let me know. So far I am just been quoted 1 Lakh discount, Colours available are Grey, Silver & Red. Maybe I ll have to wait till March end (FY20-21 ending) for a better offer.
Sorry Sir, was a bit caught up... shall call you tomorrow
Sanjoym is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 18:23   #161
BHPian

Hi, congratulation to all the new buyers of the car here. Wanted to understand that should one go for the new Skoda Kodiaq (arriving in a couple of months) or the Tiguan Allspace, currently on sale.

I am looking for a car for my dad, he currently drives a Q7 which has served us well-ish over the last 7+ years & 90k kms. We had plans to change the car last year but what happened last year, well no one wants to talk about it. The change now would just be a stop gap kind of a fix. Need a car which should not be much of a downgrade but should be fun to drive for a couple of years at least, after that my wife & I will bang our heads about who gets what between my Endeavour & the new Tiguan/Kodiaq :-p.

I have just come back from a Skoda dealer and he informed me that the Kodiaq is still 2months away at least because the Kushaq is being launched in March 2021. Looking at the new Superb, I could get the idea of how the new Kodiaq will look like from the inside. Also, there are some additional features missing in the Tiguan when compared to the Kodiaq. I have a Tiguan TD tomorrow but I quite like the Kodiaq, will it be worth the wait?
Vikram_agg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 18:34   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jred View Post
Congratulations to the new owners of the Tiggys! I had my first long drive since I bought the car last month. Did around 1050 Kms and then did a shorter 220 Kms drive over the past couple of weekends. Thoroughly enjoyed the drives and so did the passengers. The sublime, smooth 7-speed AT, is an absolute delight to use. Having no previous experience with AT for longer drive, this was my first time really. I do often use my wife's Nano AT (AMT) but for shorter drives and not really comparable. I must admit, I am mighty impressed by the DSG.
Congrats Jred on your new car and excellent summary. The engine gearbox combination is one of the best out there and the sport mode brings a huge smile on my face!

Quote:
Suspension is a bit firm, but not too discomforting. For my second drive, I tried to keep the air pressure at 35 as against the 38-39 PSI. This, I felt reduced the loud thud sound when negotiating those smaller cuts made for laying pipes et.al./undulations on the road. I would like to check at 36-38 PSI too next time to see any visible difference.
Try keeping the air pressure around 33-34 which should make the ride much better. 35-36 is recommended only if you are going with a full load of passengers and anything beyond that is going to make the ride firm.

Quote:
Wish the car had;
  1. Something I wish the car had - Area view or 360 degree view camera. Given the limited parking spots available across locations, it would have helped a great deal to have this feature. It is certainly not a luxury but a feature that could save us from some unwanted scrapes and scratches on the car.
  2. Missing Wireless Android Auto (or Car play, I do not use an iPhone, so not sure) - This is a feature that could avoid the wired connection protruding out. Not something of a miss, but would have certainly loved to have this feature
  3. Google maps on the navigation instrument console - this would have been a nice addon if we could see the navigation on the console.
  4. Ventilated seats - Could do with them, certainly helpful during long drives, especially for hotter places.
Again spot on with your observations and I pretty much had the same wish list as you. The inbuilt navigation maps that comes with the SD card can be switched to the console and works really well. Only downside is, it doesn't have all latest locations updated but when its available, it works like a charm.
mustangvins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 19:42   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram_agg View Post
Also, there are some additional features missing in the Tiguan when compared to the Kodiaq. I have a Tiguan TD tomorrow but I quite like the Kodiaq, will it be worth the wait?
What I have gathered so far:
  • Kodiaq had what many perceived as more luxurious looking interior than the Tiguan AS.
  • Kodiaq seem to have slight edge when it comes to the shoulder width in the second row
  • Kodiaq doesn't have complaints about the ride being very firm (it could have slightly more body roll but I am not sure)
  • Allspace has driver assistive features like lane assist, emergency braking etc which the Kodiaq didn't seem to have. However the face-lifted, petrol Kodiaq may come with all these
  • Kodiaq L&K had 360 degree camera, ventilated seats (front) which the Allspace lacks
  • Allspace comes with trays for rear passengers, the Kodiaq came with sunshade (for second row), umbrella holder, modified headrest to take a nap etc
I am sure that they would be looking at relaunching the face-lifted Kodiaq in India and it is definitely worth waiting.

Last edited by Guna : 16th February 2021 at 19:44.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 21:29   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Checked for Harsh, most Colors are still available, including white and black. But they say till stocks last, and it seems the last lot have been pushed by the plant to distributors this month. Delhi has red, white and black in showroom, which is surprising as they had only one for the one month I was regularly visiting. And also the orange demo car.
SVP is 3 years, and deals are still around.
Sanjoym is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 17:46   #165

Hi everyone,

When we bought our car, the dealership said that the voice control module was back ordered. Is it included in the price of the car? We are in Chennai and bought the car in Tirunelveli, can the dealership in Chennai install it for us?

Thanks!

Most Viewed