Team-BHP - Test drive - Toyota Land Cruiser Prado TX Diesel
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Test drive - Toyota Land Cruiser Prado TX Diesel (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/23015-test-drive-toyota-land-cruiser-prado-tx-diesel-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 409771)
Hey man one thing whats the price of this one after all the duties and etc.

54 L is petrol .. 60+ is diesel ( Prices on road in Bangalore).. I believe the diesel is a longer version..
Also i liked the skirtings on it..
I have the V6 petrol... Is it possible to install those on my Prado.. Is it a bolt on type??

Godfather

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 410013)
54 L is petrol .. 60+ is diesel ( Prices on road in Bangalore).. I believe the diesel is a longer version..
Also i liked the skirtings on it..
I have the V6 petrol... Is it possible to install those on my Prado.. Is it a bolt on type??

Godfather

Am sure of what am saying , its 54 lacs. Its a car of one of our family memeber. Yes you can install those on your V6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxbhp (Post 410039)
Am sure of what am saying , its 54 lacs. Its a car of one of our family memeber. Yes you can install those on your V6.

I know bro.. In bangalore because of all the high taxes:Frustrati i paid close to 54 for the Petrol V6 that i have.. and i also heard that the Diesel is more expensive here..

Godfather

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxbhp (Post 410039)

at rs.54 lacs...is the diesel prado good value 4 money..or is it the petrol model which is the better choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand123 (Post 661503)
at rs.54 lacs...is the diesel prado good value 4 money..or is it the petrol model which is the better choice.

Both are expensive and cant be termed "value for money":D

That said, I feel that the Prado is more VFM than the E class.

I hope I m not trespassing and its not blasphemy but the Monterro at around 42 lakhs is more VFM than the Prado. At 62L the M Class/Audi/Porsche/Beemer/even the VOLVO SUV would actually make more Sense then Toyota.
Enlighten me If I am Wrong, I m sure i will be ....stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohitgaur (Post 665451)
I hope I m not trespassing and its not blasphemy but the Monterro at around 42 lakhs is more VFM than the Prado. At 62L the M Class/Audi/Porsche/Beemer/even the VOLVO SUV would actually make more Sense then Toyota.
Enlighten me If I am Wrong, I m sure i will be ....stupid:

Well the owner is getting a brand new Audi Q7 in a week :), so a test drive is coming soon with some mouth watering pics.

Any reviews regarding Toyota Landcruiser Prado ?.Not the newly launched vehicle.The petrol model Prado :).

Is it worthy to spend 50L on Prado ? and is it good for beginners ?

Please give your valuable suggestions on this.

Not me. BIL owns one with manual GB in DBX.

It is 2.X L engine, with 4x4. Came with factory fitted power windows, audio, etc. They got it as a used vehicle. BIL covers more than 250 KM per day (they work in different towns ). Has done close to 2L KM. Service interval is 5K KM - and they need to visit the service center almost monthly. Approx costs per service (Toyota A/S/S) is approx 1K DHs. And keeps mounting as the vehicle gets older. FE, again, is approx 1KM per liter. (err. I did the conversion based on casual conversation)

No - they have not taken the vehicle of road.

All this is based on casual conversation - they are not exactly car enthus. Let me know if you need specific info.

In india, they stuck to the Amby due to their height, till about 3 years back, when they got a wagonR which was crampted for them, and 9 months back they upgraded to the dzire.

They got the prado because BIL is tall - close to 6ft. Other considerations being resale value, service costs and relaibility (typical Indian, hun?). His earlier vehicle was a RAV4.

Is the prado available in India?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR (Post 1348480)
Not me. BIL owns one with manual GB in DBX.

It is 2.X L engine, with 4x4. Came with factory fitted power windows, audio, etc. They got it as a used vehicle. BIL covers more than 250 KM per day (they work in different towns ). Has done close to 2L KM. Service interval is 5K KM - and they need to visit the service center almost monthly. Approx costs per service (Toyota A/S/S) is approx 1K DHs. And keeps mounting as the vehicle gets older. FE, again, is approx 1KM per liter. (err. I did the conversion based on casual conversation)

You sure of that ?

Rude7; the Prado V6 for beginners for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1348801)
You sure of that ?

Rude7; the Prado V6 for beginners for?

I did not understand what is this ?

I am asking reviews about Toyota Prado.Not the 81 Lakh model,I am asking about 50Lakh petrol model.I think it's Prado GX comes with 5 speed automatic.

And beginners in the sense,I am just a newbie in driving :deadhorse

jkdas - as I said, I did a rough estimate based on casual talk. The data was:-

1. "one tankful is X gallons".
2. "a tankful takes us Y kms".

So I I make a conversion of gallons to KM, and find that it is somewhere between 1 and 2 KMPL, more close to 1 and 2. I forgot the exact figures. Ok, I know, this is the worst way to calculate FE. ;-)

And they mentioned that petrol is cheaper in DXB than diesel, and keep on using the word "gasoline", so I presume that it is a petrol vehicle. Give me a couple of weeks, and I will confirm.

And should confess that I did not know the difference between a LandCruiser and a Prado till a couple of days back.

Rude7 - how "newbie" are you? Even a small graze and the other guy is not gonna spare you, if you are in an exotic car. Reconsider. Get drive a vehicle for a few Ks of Kms before even considering driving an exotic.

@maxbhp - the vehicle you posted - is it the one I see frequently at Penta Menaka?

Landcruiser Prado is a very capable vehicle off road and in the city too. I had bought a Landcruiser 90 Series Prado V6,LWB, 3400 cc A/T with the petrol 5VZFE engine way back in 1999, and drove it for 287,000 km in 7 years without a blemish, driving it in extreme offroad situations every weekend. The vehicle gave yeoman service. It was a full time 4 WD with central diff locks, lsd in the rear, IFS and low transfer case.

In 2007 I exchanged it for a 1998 model SWB 2 door version, M/T which had done only 155,000 km. This was a bomb.

In 2004, the present model Prado 120 NG was launched with a lot more refinements. I have driven many of them in the city and in extreme off road conditions. The new Petrol IGRFE engine 4000 cc develops a whopping 262 bhp and has an amazing torque. The LWB is very comfortable and the SWB, well its a wild colt that climbs any dune in the world. Not enough praise for this vehicle. Montero ( Pajero in other countries ) is nowhere close to a prado 120 NG in comparision. Take my word for it, I have driven Prados of various types for over 350,000 km about 200,000 of it off road.

Shahid

On the mpg or km/l front a Toyota Prado does about 6.5 Kmpl in the city with the A/C on ( Petrol versions ).

Yes Diesel is more expensive in Dubai. 98 Octane Petrol costs Indian Rs. 19.44 per litre while Diesel costs Indian Rs. 36.05 / litre

Quote:

Service interval is 5K KM.

To my knowledge its 8-10K KMS for petrol variants.

Quote:

1KM per liter.

So, ever calculated how much your BIL must shell out for a day's use? As desertfox stated 98 octane costs 19.xx INR. So putting it this way makes it about 5000 INR per day :Shockked:. That's serious money brother. Again on this 250 KM per day, have you ever thought about how many times a day he must care about refuelling? The point here I am trying to make is that why would you even care about listening to these kind of so called "claims". Atleast you could have avoided posting it here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertfox (Post 1350893)
On the mpg or km/l front a Toyota Prado does about 6.5 Kmpl in the city with the A/C on ( Petrol versions ).

Yes brother, I owns a prado and the best FE was 10 km/l and the worst was 4.5 km/l. on an average basis its giving a range of 6 - 8 km/l in the city with the AC ON.