Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2021, 09:29   #136
BHPian

Re: Mileage of a Thar LX DSL AT CT - 10k KM Update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post

Let me know if you plan for TN again, would be good to catch up!
Sure thing! Harish was making some plans for a catch up, but I guess with the current situation we will need to wait for a while.

How are the 7D mats? I am guessing you had to fix Velcro on the existing floor mats from M&M. Request you to share some pics and also a feedback on whether it is fixed or moves around a bit
soumobakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 16:26   #137
BHPian

Quote:

Which fuel brands do I prefer? Depends - in Coimbatore, my trusted fuel stations are the SSS IOC and Ramsons BP. On highways, I try to get a Reliance. In Madras, I stick with Shell. And in Hyderabad, I frequent the HP pump in Kondapur. Let's see how the brands fared - do note, this is not a brand performance ranking. Driving conditions, driver (me!) mindset, heck, even what was planning on the ICE or how good my kids were behaving - would have affected the mileage a bit!
Great write up and you had a good dash of humor as well! Well done. So highway cruise of 90 KMPH seems to do the trick for the AT FE. I am a bit curious about your preference towards Reliance for refueling on highways. What makes you say that over the OMC/ established brands? Being an ex BPCL employee I was wondering if you heard motivating stuff on this.
gopa99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 18:08   #138
BHPian

re: Taste of Freedom | My Mahindra Thar LX Diesel AT Review | 1 year & 23,000 km update (Page 12)

My fuel log of Thar. 3000 km driven. Best FE was 13.81. Worst was 10.71 (mostly city drive in 10.71 and lot of idling with AC on). App used fuelio with tank to tank method.
Attached Thumbnails
Taste of Freedom | My Mahindra Thar LX Diesel AT | 50,000 km Update (Page 15)-screenshot_20210428180558.jpg  

partishs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 18:54   #139

Quote:
Never Ask A Man's Wage, A Woman's Age, or A Thar's Mileage
===
That's all folks!
I loved that Compass Sticker on the Bonnet, what is the size of it and where did you get it done? how much did it cost?

You people are talking mileage, ICE, mods, mats and customization - rubbing salt on my raw wounds!!, I am only wanting my Thar to be trouble free. For those of you who don't know check out the "Thar 2020 Niggles" thread to know more about the pain I am going through. Got delivery of my Thar on 7th Nov 2020 and the first 2 months clocking 5K KMS was absolute bliss and then the trot to MASC started.. read more on that thread

Here is my NAP Black "No Comments"

Taste of Freedom | My Mahindra Thar LX Diesel AT | 50,000 km Update (Page 15)-nocomments.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Sure thing! Harish was making some plans for a catch up, but I guess with the current situation we will need to wait for a while.

How are the 7D mats? I am guessing you had to fix Velcro on the existing floor mats from M&M. Request you to share some pics and also a feedback on whether it is fixed or moves around a bit
I got the Thar back from the MASC last evening after its 5th visit in 6 months I will be able to check what they have done only after this lockdown ends. As discussed once you are back from KOL, we need to catch up. I will need your help

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th April 2021 at 19:58. Reason: Trimming quoted post for better readability. Thanks
Satskum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 18:59   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
The mats are pretty good, VFM too.

I have not fixed the Velcro on the sides or existing OE "mat" yet, just placed these in the Thar to see how they are. Surprisingly, they don't move around - nicely cut for the floor-pan. The only place where I will use the Velcro is on the sides (with the center console), where they have started sagging a bit. If you haven't gotten a good mat yet, give this a shot - other online for the deal...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
...I am a bit curious about your preference towards Reliance for refueling on highways. What makes you say that over the OMC/ established brands? Being an ex BPCL employee I was wondering if you heard motivating stuff on this.
Thank you for your kind words! I used to frequent a few BPCL (Ekayaars and Mugapair COCO in Madras, Ramsons in CBE, as well as the one in Thoppur) - nothing against the brand, but I've had bad experiences with almost all OMC brands (kerosene smell, distracting you to underfill, etc.) and hence am very specific with a handful of trusted pumps - the SSS that you see in log is actually IOC, and is a place that I can trust blindly. I stick to Reliance, Shell, COCO in that order if I don't have a trusted pump nearby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by partishs View Post
3000 km driven. Best FE was 13.81. Worst was 10.71 (mostly city drive in 10.71 and lot of idling with AC on). App used fuelio with tank to tank method.
Congrats mate - is this MT or AT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satskum View Post
I loved that Compass Sticker on the Bonnet, what is the size of it and where did you get it done? how much did it cost?
Got delivery of my Thar on 7th Nov 2020 and the first 2 months clocking 5K KMS was absolute bliss and then the trot to MASC started.. read more on that thread.
I got the Thar back from the MASC last evening after its 5th visit in 6 months I will be able to check what they have done only after this lockdown ends. As discussed once you are back from KOL, we need to catch up. I will need your help
This is a custom-printed (on PVC) sticker that I got made in Sun Combine in Coimbatore - I found a similar image online and they made it printable nicely. I forgot the measurement though Paid about 1000 for it IIRC.

Let the initial niggles not bother you. I've been following (and replied earlier too, I think) on your issue - it's definitely a wiring harness problem, and should be resolved if they changed it. If not, I'll say drive 370 KM to Coimbatore - CAI Mahindra has a great team (you'd have seen the fix for my niggle - they didn't get till changing the wiring harness). Hopefully that won't be necessary, and you'll enjoy the beast for a long, long time!
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 20:20   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Taste of Freedom | My Mahindra Thar LX Diesel AT Review | 1 year & 23,000 km update (Page 12)

Hi again. Nice quote there

Just curious: What FE did you have in mind ?

And any plans to come this side some time ? Should meet up sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
I am a bit curious about your preference towards Reliance for refueling on highways. What makes you say that over the OMC/ established brands? .
Hi Gopa99. Try it for yourself if you drive a diesel. Nothing against BPCL or others. It is all about observation with different brands over a long period of time. I have preferred Reliance for a long time, from when they first started out.

Last edited by condor : 29th April 2021 at 20:23.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 01:10   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats mate - is this MT or AT?
MT Diesel Hardtop LX Napoli Black
Old 30th April 2021, 12:11   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Hi again. Nice quote there

Just curious: What FE did you have in mind ?

And any plans to come this side some time ? Should meet up sometime.
Thanks Condor

I was viewing a few mileage test videos (BunnyPunia and others) - they seem to get ~12.5+ for the auto (mixed) and around 17+ in manual (pure mileage run on highways). My XUV5OO used to give me 12.5 to 13 (mixed), so I guess I was expecting 12.x average with highways getting 13 consistently. But then, I'm sure the gear ratios in the Thar is pretty different, and it holds 3rd a bit longer too. The aerodynamics are a different story, so I guess 11.5 should be par for the course unless I become a mileage-maniac (I can't )

B'lore is definitely in the cards, would have come the by now had it not been for the Wuhan CoronaVirus v21.. definitely after this dies off!
Quote:
Originally Posted by partishs View Post
MT Diesel Hardtop LX Napoli Black
Thanks bro! The mileage seems to be par (auto + 2kmpl), so this is what the beast's appetite is like!
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 12:43   #144
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks bro! The mileage seems to be par (auto + 2kmpl), so this is what the beast's appetite is like!
Yes Brother!! The mileage is far better than what I had expected from vehicle. And the superior driving experience is the icing on the cake. I have a Baleno hatchback as well, and I am driving that car from 3 weeks as the registration is pending for thar, and now driving Baleno feels boring. Thar is like a breeze on highways, no tension while overtaking, no frequent gear changes required even in hilly terrain, cruise control. Driving experience has gone many levels up.
Old 1st May 2021, 18:15   #145

Quote:

Let the initial niggles not bother you. I've been following (and replied earlier too, I think) on your issue - it's definitely a wiring harness problem, and should be resolved if they changed it. If not, I'll say drive 370 KM to Coimbatore - CAI Mahindra has a great team (you'd have seen the fix for my niggle - they didn't get till changing the wiring harness). Hopefully that won't be necessary, and you'll enjoy the beast for a long, long time!
I am not giving up on the local MASC this early, if Push comes to Shove, I will call out all the favors lying around idle.

After seeing your Thar I finally got to completing a 5 months old pending job, wanted to always knock of that Chrome branding into something more subtle - Matt Black or Carbon. Lock down helped and today found some wrap lying around at home and here it is DIY Carbon Version. I have ordered an additional set of badges from Mahindra and will still do a Matt Black version as soon as i get them

Taste of Freedom | My Mahindra Thar LX Diesel AT | 50,000 km Update (Page 15)-nc3.jpeg

Taste of Freedom | My Mahindra Thar LX Diesel AT | 50,000 km Update (Page 15)-nc2.jpeg

Taste of Freedom | My Mahindra Thar LX Diesel AT | 50,000 km Update (Page 15)-nc1.jpeg

Finally got to wrapping out the Aux light black out's to Carbon also.

Taste of Freedom | My Mahindra Thar LX Diesel AT | 50,000 km Update (Page 15)-nc4.jpeg

I would definitely love to get a Matt Black version of that Compass sticker you got and put it on my Thar Bonnet

__________________________________________________ ___________
Past/Odo: M-800 "Mile Muncher" 156K, M-Zen "Speed Demon" 125K, F-Ikon 1.8D "Rubber Glutton" 60K, H-Santro "Ugly Duckling" 155K, H-VIVA CRDI "Wolf in Sheep Clothing" 148K, M-Swift "David" VDI 48K
Present/Odo: S-Laura "Whodunnit" 91K, M-Thar 2020 "No Comments" 8K, Others: T-Bonneville 41K, Y-Roadking Odo:???, + a few more
Satskum is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 21:58   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satskum View Post
... Lock down helped and today found some wrap lying around at home and here it is DIY Carbon Version. I have ordered an additional set of badges from Mahindra and will still do a Matt Black version as soon as i get them.
Finally got to wrapping out the Aux light black out's to Carbon also.
I would definitely love to get a Matt Black version of that Compass sticker you got and put it on my Thar Bonnet
The carbon-fibre on the logo looks awesome! But this is making me fall back on my original idea of debadging completely - the Thar badge is the only badge left, had removed the mHawk 130 and Automatic badges. Looking at the number of times Thar is written on the jeep, I think one less wouldn't be missed

Do you have any pics of your LEDs in action?

Let me see if I can find the same compass pic - I picked it from Google image search at the place where I did the stickers, and had to find something that can scale to a 1.5' x 1.5' PVC canvas - I'll give you an update...
Old 3rd May 2021, 22:15   #147

Quote:
The carbon-fibre on the logo looks awesome!. Looking at the number of times Thar is written on the jeep, I think one less wouldn't be missed

Do you have any pics of your LEDs in action?
I completely agree on the no of times that Thar is repeated. I personally hate Chrome and that's the reason I went the DIY way. I was jobless on the weekend. I have Black on Black badging on the Bonnie too and everyone goes "wow!!" on seeing it.

"LEDs in action" is there in the Dashcam. I will need to pull them out and post. Promise I will do it during the weekend. They are unbelievable for the size/price/performance.

Last edited by GTO : 11th June 2021 at 07:24. Reason: Poorly Typed Posts
Satskum is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 10th June 2021, 20:08   #148
Senior - BHPian

Re: 10,000 KM on the clock!

Quote:
Mats - I did not like the "normal" mats that M&M is offering as accessory, and wanted a 3D kind of a mat. But then the official ones from Bushranger did not need a myriad of reasons to look beyond, just one - their price! More than 12,000 bucks! I kept looking for something decent, but never found any - until I stumbled upon Autofurnish, and their ULS 7D Economy Mats. The pics looked good, and ordered them from their website for Rs. 3,690, incl shipping. It took about 10 days to deliver, and this is what I received from FedEx (there was an external cover for the courier too).
The Bushranger mats from Mahindra are excellent and is an import from Australia.
12,000 or more is what the dealer may be quoting you. You can buy the mats online from the official Mahindra website and they are about 8200 for front and rear.
These were imported in 2020 when the new Thar was launched. Unfortunately there was a shortage in 2020 as imports from Australia stopped.

You will be surprised to know that I had the auto furnish 7D ones for my Ford Endeavour. Yes Ford Endeavour. And these were pretty useless for me during off roading in wet conditions. Dirt and muck get stuck in between and is difficult to take out. Besides it has to be pressure washed to take off the dirt.
Now I have got rid of the top mats, kept the bottom of the autofurnish and on top I have put the Bushranger. The quality is top notch and heavy duty. A typical Australian make.

Link: https://www.m2all.com/catalogsearch/.../?q=Bushranger
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 15:42   #149
BHPian

Any folks ordered the seat covers offered by Mahindra?

Any reviews about the material and quality compared to aftermarket options would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Taste of Freedom | My Mahindra Thar LX Diesel AT | 50,000 km Update (Page 15)-seatcover.jpeg  

Cavityavenger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 09:35   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavityavenger View Post
Any folks ordered the seat covers offered by Mahindra?

Any reviews about the material and quality compared to aftermarket options would be greatly appreciated.
I have the original M&M seat covers. They are ok not great. I recommend spend little more and get aftermarket ones which will surely be better in quality and fitting too.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks