Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2020, 14:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Our First Car - 2020 Hyundai Creta SX(O) 1.5 Diesel Automatic Review. EDIT: 10,000 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post
For Creta, 2nd service is at 12 months or 9K-10K Kms. Is the 5K one for Seltos a general check-up kind?
Yes, it's just a general check-up along with cleaning of air filter and washing. They call it as second free service.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 14:18   #32
BHPian

re: Our First Car - 2020 Hyundai Creta SX(O) 1.5 Diesel Automatic Review. EDIT: 10,000 km up

Congratulations on your purchase. I too upgraded from Ritz VDI to 2020 Creta 1.5 D. Diesel engine torque is addictive, and similar to you though my running is less I went for the diesel. I also went for Creta over the Seltos because of the Interiors, Exteriors were not a turn off either. actually it has grown up on me very well especially in black color.

Wishing you many safe miles ahead.
Plymouth_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 15:18   #33
BHPian

My Creta is base E variant which costed me 11.8 L on road Hyderabad. I too was initially eyeing the CSUV territory but went to Creta E just for the space and refinement (When I went to service center for first service in early August, Hyundai own service guy was surprised it was diesel, looked like even he couldn't believe Hyundai can better the refinement of an already very refined car).

Coming to the price, your variant is almost a million rupees costlier than my base E variant. Though I know most of the features you have are necessary for this day and age and I myself would like to have few of them. What I wanted to understand from a manufacturer perspective is, 10L is a big number how much is too much?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th December 2020 at 15:39. Reason: Typo
Plymouth_Fury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 16:10   #34
BHPian

Congratulations on the new ride and wishing you many more happy miles ahead.
What a fabulous & so much detailed review. The bar for quality of the reviews just keeps getting pushed higher and higher with such posts. Sunroof incidence, I can imagine what kind of panic, pressure it can create while in middle of buying a 21L car. White color is an "evergreen" color and looks great on most of the cars.

I am also just starting my search for my next ride which should be around 15-20L range & a 4/5 seater would be sufficient. Given the market dynamics on car options we have currently (pricing, features etc), selecting the right car has become a mammoth project and thanks for sharing your journey in this regard. I guess it may take a year to settle down on the option. I currently have a 10 year old Ritz Petrol and have done only 32K Km so far and have had a great experience with it so far.
viscosity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 16:16   #35
BHPian

Great Review! Wish you a happy and trouble free ownership experience.

Will be following your thread keenly as I have just booked a Mulberry Red SX(O) Diesel AT too. Waiting for the delivery now. I too went for the SX(O) purely for the 6 Airbags, had this option been available in SX, I might have saved myself some money.

Going for an AT was an afterthought and was primarily looking at Diesel Manual, which ruled out Seltos initially and once I switched to AT, didn't want to go back to checking the Seltos.
TechLiveMANA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 22:47   #36

Congratulations srikanthmadhava on your buy, hope you have long miles with this. Fine detailed review, it just captures lot of things which i am currently going through for shortlisting a AT. Your thoughts on the price are right on the money. I am relating to these points very much given how much Hyundai and Kia are been given a free run by competition. And they are taking full advantage as reflective in the pricing of new i20, Venue and Sonet touching DCT 14 lakhs for four seaters.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st December 2020 at 04:19. Reason: Quote not necessary
aeyjay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 09:07   #37
BHPian

Dear srikanthmadhava,

Congratulations on your new car. Nice set of pictures too.

I wish you many years of happy motoring with Creta.
N4Nikunj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2021, 09:22   #38

Congratulations Srikanth on the new machine. Nice and elaborate review. You have three light on each and every detail and feature of the car

Happy motoring!
Invincible8789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 18:52   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plymouth_Fury View Post
Coming to the price, your variant is almost a million rupees costlier than my base E variant.
At 9.99L ex-showroom, base E variant Diesel is an excellent value. Absolutely worth it. It is even more 'bang for the buck' (if you can get your hands on) when you consider ex-factory prices:
Creta E - 689586
Sonet HTE - 615267
Nexon XE - 645038
XUV300 W4 - 664122
Venue E - 623664

How I wish Hyundai provided automatics for all the variants .
A Torque Converter or CVT Creta at 11.5-12L ex-showroom (14.5L odd on-road Bangalore) would have been 'mouth watering'. I would have thrown my minimum-feature requirements out of the window and bought that 'E AT' variant.

But Hyundai too knows that. Even in older generation Creta, they never had AT in base variants.
When others sell Sub-4m + AMT Diesel automatics at 12-12.5L ex-showroom, I don't expect Hyundai to provide Creta (>4m) Diesel AT in any variant below 13L. Since this is launch year, they are not even providing it in mid variant - they know people who want automatics don't have much choices and will eventually pay up. I expect them to provide an S AT in future, but even that would cost upwards of 14L ex-showroom.

At 11L ex-factory (15.9L ex-showroom), top end SX(O) Manual gives Hyundai around 4.1L more than base E.
At 11.86L ex-factory for SX(O) AT, Hyundai gets almost 5L more than the base model.
Remaining part of cost difference between our models (4L) goes to the Government as taxes.

So yes, almost a million more for mine is just insane. That's 4.1L to Hyundai for the additional features, 90K for the gearbox and around 4L for the government.

And as long as competition does not provide comparable alternatives at lower prices, nothing stops manufacturers like Hyundai from widening that price gap further. Governments will be just sit in the gallery and enjoy their share.

Last edited by srikanthmadhava : 4th January 2021 at 18:56.
srikanthmadhava is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 19:48   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

How I wish Hyundai provided automatics for all the variants .
A Torque Converter or CVT Creta at 11.5-12L ex-showroom (14.5L odd on-road Bangalore) would have been 'mouth watering'. I would have thrown my minimum-feature requirements out of the window and bought that 'E AT' variant.

But Hyundai too knows that. Even in older generation Creta, they never had AT in base variants.

And as long as competition does not provide comparable alternatives at lower prices, nothing stops manufacturers like Hyundai from widening that price gap further. Governments will be just sit in the gallery and enjoy their share.
Spot on. As long as competition sleeps like Rip Van Winkle, why should Hyundai even bother? Is there any proper diesel hatchback or sub-4 metre SUV or even Creta/Seltos class SUV with proper torque converter? No. There is not a single car. If there is TC, it is petrol. If it is diesel, it is AMT. That is the story of rivals in India. Tata and Mahindra's proper TC automatic starts at Hexa/Harrier and XUV500. No TCs under this. Why? Is it such a rocket-science to source a TC? Why no diesel+TC combo on WRV, Ecosport, Kicks, Duster, Nexon, XUV300, Brezza and even on upcoming Magnite.

But that said, what I find surprising is that there is no diesel+TC combo on Venue either. I thought Hyundai would bring in after Kia launched Sonet diesel AT. But they didn't. Beats me why.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 22:05   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Why no diesel+TC combo on WRV, Ecosport, Kicks, Duster, Nexon, XUV300, Brezza and even on upcoming Magnite.
Exactly, I have been waiting on WRV diesel + Auto for so long. if they could do it on Amaze why not with WRV. I guess it helped in the end
Old 4th January 2021, 23:01   #42
BHPian

Quote:
  1. Child Seat Anchor Points (With Harrier's safety focus, this is a glaring miss. Cars much much cheaper have them as standard (ex: Ignis, Nexon, Altroz))
  2. 4 airbags
  3. Rear Defogger
  4. Rear Armrest
  5. Reverse Camera
  6. Side Window Blinds and Rear Windshield Blind - Does it really cost a lot to manufacturers to have these simple but great value additions.
  7. Paddle Shifters
  8. Electrically Retractable ORVM
  9. Automatic Climate Control
  10. Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
  11. Split Rear Seat
  12. Keyless entry and Push Button start
  13. Cruise Control
  14. Interiors in XMA are a big downgrade from XT.
  15. Electronic Anti-glare Internal Mirrors
  16. Electric seat adjustable (I prefer manual though, how reliable are electric seat adjustment systems in the long run?)
  17. Panoramic Sunroof
  18. Ventilated Seats, Electric Parking Brake
  19. LED Headlights (Halogen Projector from Harrier is good enough)
  20. Android Auto, Apple Car Play (I prefer after market unit compared to the one even from the top end Harrier)
  21. Automatic Head Lamps
  22. Leather Upholstery and Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel
  23. Alloy wheels (Things that can be added later easily hold less importance, given a choice I would save the money and add an alloy after a few years to freshen up the look)

This my friend should be a checklist on all manufacturers board when they are planning to compete the korean sisters.

You have nailed it in this review summing up why Hyundai is still more preferred by many no matter what the price!
firstdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 11:07   #43
BHPian

Quote:

Adding a gif of 360 degree camera installation video shared by the Trident dealer for interested folks. It is linked to existing touch screen. I have not installed it.
Attachment 2098015
Could you find more details about this. My Uncle had upgraded from a Wagon R to a Seltos and has found difficulty in assessing the front distance on quite a few occasions. He had inquired about installing a front camera from the authorised Kia dealership near him and they told him that it would involve lot of changes in hardware. I think Kia and Hyundai share their electronics, so if it could be done at a Hyundai then will consult them too.

If not a front camera, front parking sensors would also be fine. But he prefers to get it done from an authorised service centre with minimal changes in hardware. Are you considering a similar update and what's your take on it.
RR96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 17:43   #44
BHPian

Excellent writeup !!
Congratulations and wishing you a very happy ownership journey with your first car !

You have captured the buyers dilemma very well. When my money is on the table, I want the best the money can buy, more so, for people like us who start with some budget and stretch it beyond our comfort zone to get that car which meets a common set of logical requirements. Added to the misery is the spoil sport played by car manufacturers with their unfair feature distribution. In my own quest for that car, I had started with Glanza and went up to Karoq only to realize there is no perfect car in this world!

Taking cue from your post, in my fantasy world, a Ecosport S with AT or a Nexon AT would have sufficed and I would have been their most happiest and satisfied customer. But ironically it seems that car companies dont want to make life easy for their buyers!
mankuthimma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 13:59   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR96 View Post
Could you find more details about this. My Uncle had upgraded from a Wagon R to a Seltos and has found difficulty in assessing the front distance on quite a few occasions.

If not a front camera, front parking sensors would also be fine. But he prefers to get it done from an authorised service centre with minimal changes in hardware. Are you considering a similar update and what's your take on it.
You can contact Accessories Sales associate from Trident Hyundai, Whitefield.
Contact information taken from their website.
Phone No: 99641 87952, 080 6787 9191
Address: No.111, 124 & 125, B Narayanapura Village, Whitefield, Bangalore East Taluk, Bangalore - 560036

Me too had situations where I found it difficult to assess how much more 'gap' in available in front of the car.
I do wish for front parking sensors, would have been really helpful on tight spaces. I might add this in future, just holding on to find a solution that can be integrated in to the existing touchscreen system. Not sure if any such solution is available though.

360 degree camera is a 'good to have' feature for me. The main advantage I find is blind-spot monitoring. Reverse camera + front and reverse parking sensors do cover the remaining surroundings.

Front parking sensors will be much cheaper and simpler solution. I believe this should do the trick for your uncle at around 10-15% of a full 360 degree camera cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
But ironically it seems that car companies dont want to make life easy for their buyers!
Couldn't agree more!!
srikanthmadhava is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks