Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2007, 13:28   #46
BHPian

OK we will stick to facts about Gamma..

Is it true that they offer 300,000km engine warranty? If so that should say something.
Old 16th April 2007, 13:41   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
So if you decide to buy one, chances are that lots of people will flag you down on the highway, thinking u are one of those tour operators !!
Not to mention every two-bit policeman on the highways - to collect his 'fees' from a tour operator. Since you wont have yellow boards, you may be stopped for being an 'illegal taxi operator'.
Old 16th April 2007, 13:50   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
So if you decide to buy one, chances are that lots of people will flag you down on the highway, thinking u are one of those tour operators !!
You can claim it is on a chartered trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
5. Since the seats are bench type i doubt that its gonna be a comfy ride for long distances..
6. No PS -- will be a pain to turn this vehicle.. Talking U turns here or even turning the vehicle when its not moving will be a hassle..
7. No AC -- pray that the temperatures dont hit over 25 degrees.
Seats have to go if using for private use. The PS and A/C are available as options, only the TD vehicle didn't have them. However, as I have mentioned in the report, I barely noticed the lack of PS except in dead-stop position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
Yes, i have ridden (not driven) the trax & felt that the NVH levels were a lot better than the others. My only concern is the maintanence since i am not aware of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi View Post
Imagevise - the trax sucks, but even as a kid, i remember that journeys in the trax were better than trips in the Sumo. Also the engine note etc was smooth. I remember the drivers being happier in the Trax than the Sumo.
That's what I am trying to highlight. This SUV has superb ride and very low NVH compared to similar Tata/Mahindra offerings below 7 lakhs. Can a vehicle with superior ride and lower NVH be less reliable than comparable Tata/Mahindra models. That doesn't make sense.

But the unknown remains, the after sales support. Although I find it hard to believe it could be worse than Tata/Mahindra A.S.S.
Old 16th April 2007, 13:58   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Although I find it hard to believe it could be worse than Tata/Mahindra A.S.S.
Not too sure about the Mahindra but i have an absolute nice time with the TATA A.S.S.. They have a pick up and drop facility and i also had an option of getting a indigo for my use till the time my vehicle is delivered.

Godfather
Old 16th April 2007, 14:11   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
This SUV has superb ride and very low NVH compared to similar Tata/Mahindra offerings below 7 lakhs.
Does the Gamma qualify as a SUV? Or should we be calling it a plain 4x4.......I'm not sure if the bhp, looks or performance warrant it being called a Sports Utility Vehicle..........unless we're using 4x4 as the criteria for badging as SUV
Old 16th April 2007, 14:14   #51
Team-BHP Support

@godfather, not all workshops do that. If yours does you are lucky.
After having more than 5 indica/go's in the family, the conclusion is that their A.S.S. is below par. Not "the pits" as the fiat fellows tortured us but bad.
Old 16th April 2007, 14:30   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
i also had an option of getting a indigo for my use till the time my vehicle is delivered.
Godfather
And which poor soul's car that might have been. You did the right thing in declining to take that. Next time it could be your safari.
Old 16th April 2007, 14:42   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does the Gamma qualify as a SUV?
The Gama would be categorized as a Omni-Bus - that's what the Karnataka RTO classifies the Victa as. Dont see any difference between the Gama and the Victa on that front.
Old 16th April 2007, 14:50   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The Gama would be categorized as a Omni-Bus - that's what the Karnataka RTO classifies the Victa as. Dont see any difference between the Gama and the Victa on that front.
Is there a SUV classification in the RTO ? I dont think so.
Old 16th April 2007, 14:52   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Is there a SUV classification in the RTO ? I dont think so.
Err guys, I'm not talking RTO classifications here - I'm talking about ourselves............
Old 16th April 2007, 14:57   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Err guys, I'm not talking RTO classifications here - I'm talking about ourselves............
In that case, it is quite simple, really. If we own it, it is a SUV, if the cabwallah owns it, it is an omni bus or a cab.
Old 16th April 2007, 15:00   #57
Senior - BHPian

Remember going to Yana in a Trax and Mahindra. The Trax was way better. The only aspect is the A.S.S. If thats satisfactory, I dont see any reason not buy a Trax. But then you might grow weary of using it in places where a car could be more comfortable.
Old 16th April 2007, 15:16   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Remember going to Yana in a Trax and Mahindra. The Trax was way better. The only aspect is the A.S.S. If thats satisfactory, I dont see any reason not buy a Trax. But then you might grow weary of using it in places where a car could be more comfortable.
You went to meet yana gupta in a trax and mahindra????

I can share little info on the maintenance of force motors vehicles. I keep a track what happens to teh tempo travellers in my office.

there are 2. And they arent exactly trouble free. they have quite a few small niggles. The belts keep breaking off. The driveshafts has fallen off a couple of times. The brakes leak and the braking becomes all awry. The accelerator cable has been fixed several times.

The engine is reliable. it's the other stuff. We have been stranded twice till now once with the driveshaft falling off and the other when the belt tore.

Other than that theres always a quick fix.
Old 16th April 2007, 15:20   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
You went to meet yana gupta in a trax and mahindra????

Sir Hemlock,

Yana is a gorgeous nature spot with stalactite formations near Sirsi-Karnataka. And you claim to have lived in Karnataka's capital for 6 years. The shame of it all.

Last edited by theMAG : 16th April 2007 at 15:25.
Old 16th April 2007, 15:22   #60
BHPian

Hey Samurai - felt good to read through your TD. But not so good after I read others comments esp about Bolero ('Coz I own one and done 10k kms in 4 months of my purchase). I shall be putting up my 10K report tomorrow after i get it back from 2nd service.
My suggestion would be to go for what your heart says. If possible take a TD of bolero and i have gut feeling that it will not let you down. And mind you, mahindras rightly claim that bolero has one of the best a/c in its class and maneuvering this beast in b'lore Hosur road traffic with its ultra-light steering wheel is such a pleasure. Pot holes, bad roads - no problem...
Long drives (B'lore to kolhapur and back, B'lore to hospet and back, regular B'lore to Hassan and B'lore to KGF) - no issues till data. A.S.S. from Vijai Auto has been more than pleasing...

Last edited by G-BoleroBoy : 16th April 2007 at 15:36.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks