Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2007, 10:05   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Interesting review and very surprising to hear about the faulty pedal ergonomics. As expected, the 8 lac version is a waste for such a basic car and Mahindra have messed that up badly. I hope to test-drive the Logan this week and experience it firsthand.

I think the one mistake that they have made is position the Logan as a "cheap" car. That creates a mindset even before you step into the car.
Old 16th April 2007, 10:23   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think the one mistake that they have made is position the Logan as a "cheap" car. That creates a mindset even before you step into the car.
And they should know what Indian expects when he is looking for a cheap car. It would be interesting to see how does Mahindra define the word "cheap".
Old 16th April 2007, 11:37   #33
Team-BHP Support

At 8L OTR for the Logan, its quite overpriced.
Nice review GeekSrik, but maybe you should have posted pics on how the power window switches have been positioned, not to forget the door handles. Somehow, i am finding the positioning of power window switches somewhat difficult to visualize.

Is there no tilt steering option even on the top end model?
With the pricing on offer, and not to forget bland looks, and the so-called 'cheap car' tag, NVH levels not withstanding.. i would imagine most customers heading out towards the Fiesta/Aveo category.
Old 16th April 2007, 11:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

@benbsb:

Have you seen the scorpio buttons on the centre console, the power window switches are placed right there in the logan. They also look a bit like the scorpio buttons.

Have no doubts, this car is built better than the indigo. But seeing the current pricing, it needs to be priced a tad lower.

Drifter
Old 16th April 2007, 11:55   #35
Team-BHP Support

Thanx for the clarification, drifter.
I did remember the Scorp's controls were odd. Makes you have to take your eyes off the road in case u needed to adjust the glasses. Heck..!! Even the Ikon's still come with weird placing of the master controls, although on the door.
Old 16th April 2007, 12:01   #36
Senior - BHPian

Nice review, Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
renault, we ll ask anand mahindra to award you at the next COTY for this "feature"
Dont worry - next month's Business Standard Motoring will carry the COTY 2008 award and no prizes for guessing which car gets it. After that all Logans will carry the 'You Are Following the Car of The Year 2008' sticker when they leave the showroom.
Old 16th April 2007, 12:29   #37
BHPian

Quote:
!

7. at about 110-120 the lateral rocking is high and noticeable as my dad straightaway told me my palio was better at higher speeds, man fiat cars do talk for themselves! perhaps renaults cheap materials add to this sway, but its not confidence inspiring at higher speeds and makes the car feel like its floating and swaying.
What has cheap plastics & interiors got to do with highspeed handling of a car ?
Old 16th April 2007, 13:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
What has cheap plastics & interiors got to do with highspeed handling of a car ?
please note i did not say cheap PLASTICS/interiors, i said cheap materials which might even include the whole body itself! so when the body material is light at high speeds that can cause a difference in the stability.
Old 16th April 2007, 13:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

@Geeksrik:

The car is solid at high speeds, stability is not an issue at all. Have driven at 140kmph and it felt good. European roots showing.

Drifter
Old 16th April 2007, 14:12   #40
Team-BHP Support

@drifter, you seem to have done extensive TD of the logan, could you post some details?
Old 16th April 2007, 14:19   #41
BHPian

Quote:
so when the body material is light at high speeds that can cause a difference in the stability.
Beg to differ..in that case all the Heavy SUVs would be better handlers than sedans which are usually lighter..Chasssis dynamics is a function of many variables, the GVW of the vehicle is just one of them.

Besides weight of Logan is 1040 Kgs ( source Renault / Dacia Logan car safety ) for the 1.4 LHD version, The diesel will be heavier . and for palio stile 1.6 it is 1060 kgs..( source fiat india website )

So the body weight argument is a non starter IMO
Old 16th April 2007, 15:17   #42
Senior - BHPian

Weight should not matter for the way a car handles (thinking of car companies trying to make lighter ones to save fuel and by the way for people who think heavier cars are safer, they are not). Its the chassis rigidity that matters and the suspension.
Old 16th April 2007, 15:54   #43
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Interesting topic on handling : Linky
Old 16th April 2007, 16:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter View Post
@Geeksrik:

The car is solid at high speeds, stability is not an issue at all. Have driven at 140kmph and it felt good. European roots showing.

Drifter
I think he was talking abt stability.. not handling per se. Weight does has a role to play in stability, to an extent in handling too... a stiffer chasis will always weigh more besides the rocking things he's talking abt it is probably due to lack of chasis stiffness.
Old 16th April 2007, 16:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Weight should not matter for the way a car handles (thinking of car companies trying to make lighter ones to save fuel and by the way for people who think heavier cars are safer, they are not). Its the chassis rigidity that matters and the suspension.
Correctly said, heavier cars arent always the most safer. Though there is something called "feel" of a car and european cars are always high on feel unlike the japanese one's. Please note i am not saying its bad, but i do like the feel that my palio gives me, no matter how much i suffer at petrol pumps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks