Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2021, 13:03   #16

Re: Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review

Congrats on your new car and wish you years of happy mile munching on your new City!

Such a detailed review of the V variant is something we don't usually find anywhere as most professional reviewers only show the top variant. I'm sure it would help all the potential buyers. I had bought the Jazz V-MT after reading Team BHP reviews 3 years ago and it has been a fuss-free experience thus far. Your review actually made me think about buying the 5th generation City a year down the line, even though it is logically too early to start shortlisting.
petro_phoenix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 14:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Athena : 5th Gen Honda City

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post

Back to the interiors:
... Also notice the 1)TPMS (Tire pressure monitoring switch)
Attachment 2110247
Thank you for the lovely review. The City seems so much more value for money in comparison to the sub 4m SUV's that everyone is running behind (myself included !).

Is the TPMS the indirect type via ESP ? Do you get pressure readout's ?
I understand the TPMS button must be to reset the reference point everytime you top up pressure. Can you post more pictures of how this system works ?
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 14:23   #18
BHPian

Congrats on your stunning City!
After reading your amazing review, now my heart has started to tilt towards sedan segment from compact suv.
nax04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 14:52   #19
BHPian

A wonderful review with pictures TrackDay. Absolutely loved reading it and seeing the pictorial description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Can anyone tell what that small dome like thing is there for, at the center ?
This is the sensor for automatic climate control.
Zen Av8r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 14:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Thank you for the lovely review. The City seems so much more value for money in comparison to the sub 4m SUV's that everyone is running behind (myself included !).

I understand the TPMS button must be to reset the reference point everytime you top up pressure. Can you post more pictures of how this system works ?
Yes, it is basically a deflation warning system that monitors the rolling radius of all wheels through ESP sensors. And we have to initialize it (long press) every time the tyres are filled.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 14:54   #21
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase and on writing such a comprehensive review! I am sure this is going to influence a few purchase decisions

City V variant is indeed a very well rounded VFM package. You get a huge car along with all the necessary safety and equipment features.

But above all, I loved the passion you have for the car. I also have similar sentiments for the sedan body type and the City. I went with pearl white and the ZX MT Petrol variant. It is indeed a stunner!
AutoConsultant is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 15:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Great choice. Really think that the new gen City is a fantastic value for money product, as was the earlier gen City as well. Just that it has addressed several shortcomings of the older City. I myself drive the 4th gen as my daily driver since 2019, and absolutely love the IVTEC engine and the super sharp throttle response of the engine, as well as the snickety gearbox. One of the best manual tranny petrol cars available in the market over the last decade.

As I have said several times on various threads on the City, I find the car to be a perfect mix of performance, practicality/comfort and reliability, not to mention sharp looks. An all round package if there ever was one.

Enjoy your car, and hope you clock thousands of happy kilometers.
arindambasu13 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 15:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldemort View Post
How is the interior meterial quality? Is it an improvement over the 4th gen car?
At the risk of going off-topic, I can throw some light on that (pun intended!).
Thank you for the explanation !
I am not that familiar with the 4th gen so can't compare. But I can definitely say the 5th Gen Interior material quality feels good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
At a glance, I thought Honda has given you Burnol for those would be jealous of you because of this wonderful car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
What a detailed review, take a bow! Congratulations on the best mid-size sedan in the market .
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post

This car is indeed a looker on streets. I have rarely come across this car in Bangalore and it's always a pleasant sight to watch this car once in a while among the sea of crossovers/pseudo-SUVs. Please keep this thread alive with your ownership experience. Wish you many more happy and safe miles with your car.
Thank you guys ! Yes, the car feels fresh amongst the SUV craze. I will keep posting for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
I hope Honda can get back into the game and give us well equipped and dare I say VFM cars like this in more segments in the future.
Definitely a Paisa-Vasool car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Wow, what a review! Extremely detailed and filled with eye pleasing photos. I also own the same car (V CVT in Dark metallic brown color), and I don't think I will be able to match your review, whenever I try to pen one.

One question/worry that I have - with keys inside the car, you can walk up to the rear and open the boot through electromagnetic release button! I encountered this in the showroom while I was there to take the delivery of the car. And it feels very unsecure. Any thoughts about that?
Congrats on your Metallic Brown shade. That is a nice color. Regarding the electromagnetic boot release, lock the car from inside and no one can open it. The boot is linked to the central locking/unlocking system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Just like what a variant distribution should be for any 8+ lakhs vehicles.

Wish you many more kilometres of memories with Athena before you have the EV + Thar dream garage in the future.
This starting model redefines everything. Yes, The Thar and EV Nexon are on my radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Congratulations on the City! The 1.5L will sure sing will. That aside, these alloys look absolutely stunning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVN View Post
Amazing review.

Point being, you have got an extremely reliable car and I wish you all the very best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petro_phoenix View Post
Congrats on your new car and wish you years of happy mile munching on your new City!
Thanks you Guys !

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post

True! This sedan and the price at which it comes is far more VFM than most compact SUVs. I am not that familiar with the TPMS, but I have attached some images from the Car Manual. Hope it helps.

Instrument Cluster for V Variant (analogue) has a symbol. I guess this shows up on pressure difference. I have not seen individual readouts. On the higher variants (Digital) I guess a text or something shows up.
Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-tpms1.png

This might shed some more light.
Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-tpms2.png

What the troubleshooting/dashboard lights guide state.
Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-tpms4-dashboard-light.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by nax04 View Post
Congrats on your stunning City!
After reading your amazing review, now my heart has started to tilt towards sedan segment from compact suv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Av8r View Post
A wonderful review with pictures TrackDay. Absolutely loved reading it and seeing the pictorial description.
This is the sensor for automatic climate control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
Yes, it is basically a deflation warning system that monitors the rolling radius of all wheels through ESP sensors. And we have to initialize it (long press) every time the tyres are filled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoConsultant View Post
But above all, I loved the passion you have for the car. I also have similar sentiments for the sedan body type and the City. I went with pearl white and the ZX MT Petrol variant. It is indeed a stunner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Great choice. Really think that the new gen City is a fantastic value for money product, as was the earlier gen City as well.
Enjoy your car, and hope you clock thousands of happy kilometers.
Thank you Guys !

Last edited by TrackDay : 21st January 2021 at 15:52.
TrackDay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 16:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new City The CVT is so smooth and silent, it can actually be sleep inducing at times ! Make sure you make good use of the ICE. Or else play with the paddle shifters on occasion just to let go of the boredom of driving at 70- 80kph/1400 rpm.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 18:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! That's a very well written review. I believe you are a sedate driver just like me. The bliss of driving a car at 80 to 90 kmph can not be described in words. You brought a very good point, appreciate the small things in life. Totally agree with you on that, our basic freedom was taken for granted and a small virus (microscopic) humbled all of us. I was hesitant to buy a costly car but took the plunge as I wanted to thoroughly enjoy every moment of life and not regret later. That does not mean, I will go shouting and partying around. It means, plans that were otherwise 3 to 5 years down the lane are now on the check box which am planning to accomplish in the coming months. Beautiful moments with family and friends stay with us forever and a loved car will bring in more joy. Wish you miles of happy driving.

Last edited by Raghu M : 21st January 2021 at 18:34. Reason: Grammar
Raghu M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 18:38   #26
BHPian

Congrats for the City. Amazing to see safety features like 4 air bags, ESP in the V variant.

Honda City is such a complete car with ample space, reliability and comfort.

Happy safety miles ahead
tirumalavoleti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 21:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your City Trackday and all the best!

Two things I would like to point out:

1. Whenever you stop, say at a stoplight or for anything, put the car in N never in P. They doors will stay locked, no worries. Only put it in P when you are parking. You will get used to it in no time.

2. With the paddle shifters you have something better than a manual, it’s a manual with no clutch. You can redline it and enjoy. Once you get used to the paddle shifters, it’s no going back. The reason I say this is because you mentioned in your review that a manual is needed to enjoy the car which isn’t so. I have been using the paddle shifters on my Civic since the last 10 years especially on the highway and it’s a blast.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 21st January 2021 at 21:07.
Cyborg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 21:19   #28
rkw
BHPian

Congrats on your new possession which is definitely worth every Rupee. And appreciate the detailed review.
We have a 3rd gen Honda City which after 10 years & 70k km runs like a charm. No ageing & still feels as good as new. Honda City is one of the best sedans in terms of quality, performance, reliability & durability. It hardly requires any parts change except oil filter as per schedule. Even the fuel filter requires change after a long time - I guess its 4 years / 48k km.
One thing I am surprised is it still doesn't seem to have illuminated power window switches.
rkw is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 23:22   #29
BHPian

Wonderful thread trackday! You have showcased all the important points and then some. Honda City in its latest generation is quite good. They also haven’t skimped on features irrespective of the variant.
City is a very aspirational brand in India. Unfortunately, after the high bar set by the 3rd generation, 4th generation was quite mediocre and hence was out of my potential purchase option.
Sedans are a dying breed and hence here’s wishing you lots of happy miles on this beauty.

Last edited by abhi_tjet : 21st January 2021 at 23:26. Reason: More points
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 23:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

I think you've done a better job at marketing this car than Honda ever could have TrackDay. I have not looked at any sedan with much interest in the last few years till I read your ownership review here ; )
Many congratulations on your new car! : )
Maky is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks