Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2021, 18:15   #61
gus
BHPian

Re: Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Hi Gus. Could you please explain something more about the Rogerab suspension buffers and also post some pics of the car for us to have a look post installation. Do you think upgrading the tyres to 17" is possible along with raising the ride height by adding the suspension buffers so that the tyres do not touch the underbody when fully loaded. Thanks in advance.

The below link will help you understand what exactly RogerAb does.

What I can add here is that it does help to provide a more stable ride and prevents underbody scuffs unless the potholes/speedbumps are really nasty.

However I doubt that these will prevent 17 inchers from touching the underbody when the car is fully loaded.

Also, I would also like to understand what would be the advantage of up-sizing the tyres to 17 inches ?
gus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 19:56   #62
BHPian

With all the discussion on suspension buffers, I wanted to ask is it a very big deal breaker? I took the test drive for an hour or so in New Delhi, I didn't manage to scrape it's underbelly even once( mind you, I was purposely going over potholes and bad roads to see it's ride comfort )
Maybe it was just because of the roads

I want to ask the owners here about the same!
Has anyone here experienced low ground clearance issues with the car as of now? If yes then what was the scenario during the same ?
Gallardo_17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 21:34   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo_17 View Post

Has anyone here experienced low ground clearance issues with the car as of now? If yes then what was the scenario during the same ?
Cant comment about other owners, i have been an Suv guy for the past 8 years, last sedan i drove and loved was my passat 2.0tdi which i sold in 2015. Now coming to the city i use it as my daily driver in delhi ncr, this is my beater car and i have clocked 7k on the odo in about 2.5 months of ownership. I can say with some conviction that it has not once posed an issue with underbody scrapping anywhere and i have driven it with 4 adults on board on few occassions and it has posed no issues whatsoever.

The handling is excellent on this car, i just sometimes feel that the suspension is slightly on the softer side and it marginally feels wallowy at times but that isnt much of an issue for me.

I love to drive this thing daily and i feel i have been converted to a sedan guy again, i detest driving the suv's now!
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 15:06   #64
gus
BHPian

Quote:
With all the discussion on suspension buffers, I wanted to ask is it a very big deal breaker? I took the test drive for an hour or so in New Delhi, I didn't manage to scrape it's underbelly even once( mind you, I was purposely going over potholes and bad roads to see it's ride comfort )
Maybe it was just because of the roads

No, I dont think this could be a deal breaker in any case. This is a good to have accessory which sure does have its own advantages.

In cities like Kanpur- where I live, roads are quite uneven and riddled with pot holes. Speedbumps also could be very high at places. In such scenarios suspension buffers could definitely help.
In cities like New Delhi road conditions are way better than most of the other cities in India and you dont need suspension buffers for such roads.

However, the stability these buffers provide on highways and during spirited driving is positively noticeable no matter where you live.

Again city's soft suspension is not a deal breaker but if you have something like this fitted onto your car you will notice and appreciate its advantages.
gus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 18:14   #65
BHPian

Hi Gus,Thanks for your revert. I had look at these videos and got a fair idea about what the product is all about. Will definitely go for it if I finally decide to go ahead with the 5th gen city.
I was interested in the 17" just for the aesthetic looks. Have had no discussions with any tyre expert in our city to check the feasibility
Quote:
Originally Posted by gus View Post
The below link will help you understand what exactly RogerAb does.
Also, I would also like to understand what would be the advantage of up-sizing the tyres to 17 inches ?
Hi buddy, you have a smashing hot "sedan of the year" and you should post the pics for all us mortals too ;-). Do keep sharing your views on the car especially because we do not have any official review out yet. Cheers!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
I love to drive this thing daily and i feel i have been converted to a sedan guy again, i detest driving the suv's now!
isldhn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 14:06   #66
gus
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gus,Thanks for your revert. I had look at these videos and got a fair idea about what the product is all about. Will definitely go for it if I finally decide to go ahead with the 5th gen city.
I was interested in the 17" just for the aesthetic looks. Have had no discussions with any tyre expert in our city to check the feasibility

Do Check the information warehouse (google) for positives and the negatives of up-sizing tyres and also if its worth your money depending on where and how you drive.
Old 8th February 2021, 14:11   #67
BHPian

Quote:

Hi buddy, you have a smashing hot "sedan of the year" and you should post the pics for all us mortals too ;-). Do keep sharing your views on the car especially because we do not have any official review out yet. Cheers!!

Sure sir just gave the car some tlc today sharing a pic for everyone, no filters used just a good ceramic coat done properly
Sorry to hijack your thread Trackday.
Sharing pics of the 7d mats that a friend sourced for me, color match is spot on but i feel black would have been better to maintain. Please ignore the backdrop that's my parking at work.
Attached Thumbnails
Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-img_6594.jpg  

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-img_6566.jpg  

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-img_6572.jpg  

Athena | My 5th-Gen Honda City Review-img_6575.jpg  

Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 15:16   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Sorry to hijack your thread Trackday.
Hey No worries & please do contribute on this thread, there are no issues. It can help us all who have the same car in terms of accessories, service, niggles and other matters. Other City owners too can contribute freely.
TrackDay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 07:45   #69
BHPian

Hello 5th gen City owners a quick question. I see that the wheel wells are naked without any cladding in the city. Do we have any options to fit a wheel well cladding from company or aftermarket?
saratjyo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 11:35   #70
BHPian

Also I wanted to know ,if any of the owners here have driven with 4-5 passengers on board if yes then , how has been the Experiance during the same? Did the car scrape anywhere?
Old 18th February 2021, 00:22   #71
BHPian

A very detailed and passionate review. Very useful. Rated five stars.
Heartly congratulations on the Jap.
I own a 4th gen city zx and the similarities in both cars is striking. Would like to add, the rubber band effect is altogether eliminated in manual/sports mode. You won't miss the manual if you try that. You could even find her wheel-spinning in certain conditions in this mode. Try it and you would fall in love with those paddle shifters.
The economy mode is only useful in cruise control mode. When it is switched on, the car takes slower, the most fuel-efficient route to resume the speeds. With this mode off, she takes the quicker route to resume during cruise control.

Last edited by navin : 18th February 2021 at 15:37. Reason: typos
Old 18th February 2021, 11:57   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratjyo View Post
I see that the wheel wells are naked without any cladding in the city. Do we have any options to fit a wheel well cladding from company or aftermarket?
I have gone for the underbody protection paint/anti rust treatment from the dealer itself. Since this is is black in color it doesn't show up the absence of the wheel well cladding, at least in sight.

Quote:
Also I wanted to know ,if any of the owners here have driven with 4-5 passengers on board if yes then , how has been the Experiance during the same? Did the car scrape anywhere?
So far no issues. I have done airport trips with reasonable luggage and five passengers on board. Even done some long drives with five folks on board. The car never faced any issue. This is on the roads in Thrissur, Kochi and Idukki in Kerala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entsurgeon View Post
I own a 4th gen city zx and the similarities in both cars is striking. Would like to add, the rubber band effect is altogether eliminated in manual/sports mode. You wont miss the manual if you try that. You could even find her wheel-spinning in certain conditions in this mode. Try it and you would fall in love with those paddle shifters.
Even I was a bit afraid initially when I heard about the opinions regarding CVT. Truth of the matter is that for most of us, the CVT is plenty. It can do 0-80 or even 100 decently. Unless your looking to drive super aggressively the CVT is more than enough. For the others I would suggest the Rapid.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 12:49   #73

Which is the best variant for Honda City 5th Gen petrol automatic in Mumbai?
Old 18th February 2021, 13:15   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandSharma_71 View Post
Any selection criteria?

For me, it would be either V (all needed features on a budget, including safety) or ZX (all bling esp those seats and LED headlights).
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 15:09   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandSharma_71 View Post
If budget is not a constraint , then it should be the ZX cvt all the way. You will love the led headlamps, the digital display for mid and rpm,leather seats have amazing fit and finish,there is the sunroof as well which i am Not a fan off as much. The biggest thing i like is the lane watch camera , real boon in delhi traffic especially.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed