Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2021, 09:06   #16
BHPian

Re: My Facelifted 2019 Isuzu V-Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Excellent vehicle to own . Lovely pictures. Easily my dream car to own and most practical vehicle in India.

Does this finally have hill start assist standard ? Was shocked to know it didn't have it back in 2017.

A pick up truck which is supposed to be used in challenging terrain should have this standard.
The hill assist is still not standard on V- Cross . There are 3 trim levels - Prestige ( 1.9L automatic), High z ( 2.5L manual ) , Standard (2.5 L manual ) . The most expensive is Prestige , second is high and entry level is standard . Hill assist and descent are available only on prestige and high z , standard lacks this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquey2300 View Post
Great machine brother!! Congratulations on your purchase, with that wheels it looks absolutely great.

P.s - Happy to see someone from my city (bathinda) , i am also located in Bathinda.
Its always lovely to see fellow enthusiasts from Bathinda
raider9990 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 10:06   #17
BHPian

Thanks a lot for such a detailed review of an aspirational vehicle.
Loved your number plate as well.
Do share your running costs ( FE, maintenance) as well.
vikramvicky1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 11:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Thanks a lot for such a detailed review of an aspirational vehicle.
Loved your number plate as well.
Do share your running costs ( FE, maintenance) as well.
I had HSRP plates on the vehicle , during the last monsoon I had to drive through a flooded street and when I got home I noticed the front plate was missing . Switched to the plate that is in the picture though rear plate is still HSRP.

On highway cruising speeds 90-110 kmph the fuel efficiency is around 10-12 , it drops to 9-10 in the normal city driving and in the crawling traffic I saw it dropping to 7.5 .
The first service is due in February 2021 and I will share the details once service is done .
Old 31st January 2021, 14:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider9990 View Post
I was looking for EVC idrive throttle controller just few months back but I was not able to lay my hands on one. I am still confused between remap and throttle controller . On one hand throttle controller seems a good idea as its plug n play but on other hand extra horses are very tempting.

If possible , can you provide more details about remap i.e. about tuning company , power figures and over all difference before and after remapping the engine.
Well, let me put it this way. You WILL get both eventually haha! However, start with the pedal commander as it's a non intrusive procedure that will let you put all your current power to very good use. When you tire of it (which you will, in a few months) then get a remap. During that time, you can also try other vehicles with different tunes to see which map you prefer.

I'm running Pete's because it's a mild tune focussed towards everyday driving with the powerband starting low to mid. There are various maps with different levels of aggression. Quantum, Code6 etc all provide great maps for the Isuzu.

I would dissuade you from getting a map first as whatever you run, your throttle is what's going to be your input device. And lag there is lag everywhere. So fix that first and then remap. Power on paper is great, but power delivery and control is super important. When you tighten that up, everything just feels so much better.

I'm yet to see a single person who's unhappy with a pedal tune. Any brand, any model, they all do the same thing. And the Isuzu needs it! There are quite a few people on Tbhp who run the same model as I or different models and we're all crazy about it. Enough to unequivocally say that we wont be able to go back to stock. You will also find hundreds more theorists who don't buy into the belief. But hey, that's just theory. And just like most of the things we learnt in school, theory is just theory

The only time I turn it off is when I'm on super long highway drives and I just want it to feel lazy and relaxed.

Last edited by Tassem : 31st January 2021 at 14:44.
Tassem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 14:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Well, let me put it this way. You WILL get both eventually haha! However, start with the pedal commander as it's a non intrusive procedure that will let you put all your current power to very good use. When you tire of it (which you will, in a few months) then get a remap. During that time, you can also try other vehicles with different tunes to see which map you prefer.

I'm running Pete's because it's a mild tune focussed towards everyday driving with the powerband starting low to mid. There are various maps with different levels of aggression. Quantum, Code6 etc all provide great maps for the Isuzu.

I would dissuade you from getting a map first as whatever you run, your throttle is what's going to be your input device. And lag there is lag everywhere. So fix that first and then remap. Power on paper is great, but power delivery and control is super important. When you tighten that up, everything just feels so much better.

Trust me. I'm yet to see a single person who's unhappy with a pedal tune. Any brand, any model, they all do the same thing. And the Isuzu needs it!
My level on T bhp do not allow me to PM you , I would like to try throttle controller but was not able to get one . You mentioned about having a contact that can deliver , I was hoping you can help me get one.

Last edited by raider9990 : 31st January 2021 at 15:06. Reason: Wrong grammer.
raider9990 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 15:19   #21
BHPian

Give a call to Mithun at 93828 88888. I just have a buyer seller relationship with him but tell him you're a part of Tbhp and he'll recognise. Multiple people from Tbhp have bought from him. Perhaps search for Mithun Pedal tune or similar here and you should be able to find posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider9990 View Post
My level on T bhp do not allow me to PM you , I would like to try throttle controller but was not able to get one . You mentioned about having a contact that can deliver , I was hoping you can help me get one.
Tassem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 15:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Give a call to Mithun at 93828 88888. I just have a buyer seller relationship with him but tell him you're a part of Tbhp and he'll recognise. Multiple people from Tbhp have bought from him. Perhaps search for Mithun Pedal tune or similar here and you should be able to find posts.
Thank you for the contact , I will get in touch with Mithun .
Old 14th February 2021, 10:18   #23
BHPian

The first service was done few days back . The total cost of service came out to be Rs.10,100 .
Also stock air filter was changed to BMC Air filter.
Old 4th March 2021, 15:48   #24
BHPian

That's a beast, I must say. Its my dream vehicle as well.
Old 21st March 2021, 10:35   #25
BHPian

A picture of recent off road day on trails of Mullanpur near Chandigarh . My Facelifted 2019 Isuzu V-Cross-ce590a43e45645209afac05eafb40783.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 21st March 2021 at 20:32. Reason: Image orientation
Old 6th August 2021, 23:15   #26
BHPian

Hi Raider9990, did you install the pedal tune? Did it make a difference? Or did you go with a remap? If so, which one?
Old 22nd April 2023, 10:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne View Post
Hi Raider9990, did you install the pedal tune? Did it make a difference? Or did you go with a remap? If so, which one?
The car was remapped. It is running a remap from Code6 Bangalore. The difference is noticeable, the initial lag that was characteristic of 2.5L engine has reduced to bare minimum and pulls will definitely bring a smile to your face.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks