Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2022, 09:47   #61
BHPian

Re: Ownership Review : Journey with my VW Vento 1.2 TSI Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIRaghav View Post

Hey guys - I have a 2017 Vento Highline TDI (DSG). Recently, I have been experiencing that stopping the car after a long(ish) drive of 40 KMs, it takes time to move forward especially during parking when I shift from reverse to drive. The time to move forward ranges from 15 seconds to 30 seconds. However, if I slot to N and then back to D then it moves ahead without delay..
How many kms has your car run? Were you able to get a video of the problem you are experiencing?
Old 6th February 2022, 21:14   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
How many kms has your car run? Were you able to get a video of the problem you are experiencing?
It has run approximately 76k kms but in the last 2 years hardly 3k kms. No, I haven’t been able to get a video of this because I just didn’t have to drive at all. All the running has been to keep the battery alive.
Old 24th February 2022, 15:47   #63

Quote:
It has run approximately 76k kms but in the last 2 years hardly 3k kms. No, I haven’t been able to get a video of this because I just didn’t have to drive at all. All the running has been to keep the battery alive.
Hey Raghav, I’m facing the same issue on my 2016 Vento TSI HL. The lag is usually noticed when the car is cold though it has happened with me while pulling off from the red light as well. Took it to the ASC they thought it might be an ignition wire issue which it wasn’t, so now they have rest the DSG learning and returned the car and asked me to report if the delay happens again. My car is under extended warranty so hopefully if there are any DSG woes coming up, it should be taken care by the ASC. Will post updates.
Old 16th March 2022, 06:22   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammybouy View Post
Hey Raghav, I’m facing the same issue on my 2016 Vento TSI HL. The lag is usually noticed when the car is cold though it has happened with me while pulling off from the red light as well. Took it to the ASC they thought it might be an ignition wire issue which it wasn’t, so now they have rest the DSG learning and returned the car and asked me to report if the delay happens again.
Do you wait till the engine warms up a bit before you start driving on a cold start? And do you shift to N while waiting for longer periods at a signal?

I personally wait till the rpm drops to around 850, this gives it enough time for warming up, and I always shift to N whenever the waiting period is more than 15-20 seconds, again that’s just me, there are many different opinions on these gearboxes about how to use them.
sarfraz1997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 10:01   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfraz1997 View Post
Do you wait till the engine warms up a bit before you start driving on a cold start? And do you shift to N while waiting for longer periods at a signal?

I personally wait till the rpm drops to around 850, this gives it enough time for warming up, and I always shift to N whenever the waiting period is more than 15-20 seconds, again that’s just me, there are many different opinions on these gearboxes about how to use them.
This was an intermittent issue, it did happen on cold starts but it also happened after driving a considerable time and restarting off from a longish red light, I slotted the car into D and nothing for almost 3-4 seconds with just the revs building (Note: I slot the car into N while standing at lights and switch off when they are over 60 seconds long).
The issue might have been the cache memory of the gearbox, since the car is driven by 3 members in the house with different driving styles as the relearning/reset the ASC performed has resulted in solving the issue. Car has driven over 3k Kms from the reset including a 800km trip to the hills.
Old 20th March 2022, 08:54   #66
BHPian

Quote:

The Vento comes with DQ200 gearbox and it is indeed sealed for life.
Hi

In Vento Official thread, I had posted query on DSG gear oil change & got to know that it should be replaced every 60k. But SA is telling that it's not required. Gear oil is for life time. Local mechanic says, though it's not required, he can replace the gear oil if I want. I am confused if I should go for gear oil change or not. Mine has done 61k now. Is it indeed not required?

Thanks

Quote:
OEM Bixenon Headlights Upgrade

I’ve never been as happier with any other permutation or combination of bulbs and assemblies I’ve tried earlier on this car. This is the best possible upgrade in terms of performance in the lighting department. I regret having tried the earlier combinations and wasting money on them. I love the even light spread, the almost nil warm up time and the cornering lamps usability and the cool looking DRL.
Hi

I have a 2017 TDI DSG HL. I just want to replace the head light bulbs with better ones. You have tried many. Please advise which one should I go for. It must be just plug and play kind of thing. I do n't want any modifications. What's the stock wattage of the bulbs? I presume it should be 60/55w.

Thanks

Last edited by Sheel : 20th March 2022 at 09:38. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 20th March 2022, 09:48   #67
BHPian

Quote:
The issue might have been the cache memory of the gearbox, since the car is driven by 3 members in the house with different driving styles as the relearning/reset the ASC performed has resulted in solving the issue. Car has driven over 3k Kms from the reset including a 800km trip to the hills.
Ideally, this should not be the case. It doesn't seem fair to have to perform this relearning, there must be some underlying issue causing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hi

In Vento Official thread, I had posted query on DSG gear oil change & got to know that it should be replaced every 60k. But SA is telling that it's not required. Gear oil is for life time. Local mechanic says, though it's not required, he can replace the gear oil if I want. I am confused if I should go for gear oil change or not. Mine has done 61k now. Is it indeed not required?

Thanks

Hi

I have a 2017 TDI DSG HL. I just want to replace the head light bulbs with better ones. You have tried many. Please advise which one should I go for. It must be just plug and play kind of thing. I do n't want any modifications. What's the stock wattage of the bulbs? I presume it should be 60/55w.

Thanks
The DQ200 is sealed for life. It is not 'required' to change this oil. However, some people like to change to want to keep the gearbox in top shape. However, changing the gearbox oil in these DSG boxes is a precision job that needs special tools, look up on YouTube on how to change the gearbox oil on DQ200. I personally wouldn't want to change the oil in these gearboxes, as it is easy to cause more harm than good in such precision jobs which are not required by the manufacturer of the car.

For the headlights, you've two options, HID vs LED, you can look up the pro's and con's of both. However, if I were you, I'd go with the Philips Ultinon Pro 9000 LED bulbs. Bhpian fluidicjoy has a post on teambhp about this bulb. These IMO are the best LED bulbs on the market right now although they're quite expensive. The stock bulbs are of 55w. The key with lighting upgrades is perfect alignment of the bulbs, so keep that in mind when you change yours!
sarfraz1997 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 12:13   #68
BANNED

People having trouble with car not Creeping have a worn out clutch/flywheel
Old 20th March 2022, 13:21   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hi

Thanks

Hi

Thanks
You can get gearbox oil changed if you wish. The dealership will have to order the oil most likely. I am at 69k and will be getting oil changed for the second time now. However I have had 3 gearbox component changes till now.

In regards to headlights, you can get anything in H7. Like extreme vision by Philips or night breaker by Osram. The improvement will not be too high, the headlights and halogen bulbs are bleh. To get proper upgrades you’ll have to retrofit bi xenon’s or LED Projectors or buy VW xenon or led headlights. That is the best way forward. LED or HID in reflector is crap. Halogen bulbs are also poo, no matter what brand.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 13:34   #70
BANNED

Quote:
This was an intermittent issue, it did happen on cold starts but it also happened after driving a considerable time and restarting off from a longish red light, I slotted the car into D and nothing for almost 3-4 seconds with just the revs building (Note: I slot the car into N while standing at lights and switch off when they are over 60 seconds long).
Quote:
The new set of headlights look great!

Hey guys - I have a 2017 Vento Highline TDI (DSG). Recently, I have been experiencing that stopping the car after a long(ish) drive of 40 KMs, it takes time to move forward especially during parking when I shift from reverse to drive. The time to move forward ranges from 15 seconds to 30 seconds. However, if I slot to N and then back to D then it moves ahead without delay.

Does anyone know if we need to change the DSG oil ever? Whenever I ask the SA, the usual response is that it's not required.
After 8 years of DSG ownership with 4-5 gearbox changes between the two cars, I can say with confidence there’s no such thing as DSG memory.
The following faults require the replacement of either some of all of the components of the gearbox which are :
Multi clutch
Flywheel
Mechatronic

Faults:
1. No creep, or slow creep
(clutch & flywheel in my car)

2. Highly pronounced jerks in normal driving not the specific D2->D1 jerk.
(Clutch & flywheel in my car)

3. Car not moving, with “Stop” on the cluster.
(Mechatronic & a tow)

Change the oil regularly, and get parts changed in warranty.
Drive In manual 1st mode instead of slipping the clutch in D2/S2 to prolong life.
Consistently flooring the gas pedal along with high RPM downshifts are a recipe for fun and gearbox decay. But if you wish to drive like a nanny then why even buy DSG. It’s a terrible transmission for the sedate driver. Much better off with a CVT.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 00:00   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
After 8 years of DSG ownership with 4-5 gearbox changes between the two cars, I can say with confidence there’s no such thing as DSG memory.
The following faults require the replacement of either some of all of the components of the gearbox which are :
Multi clutch
Flywheel
Mechatronic

Faults:

(Mechatronic & a tow)

Drive In manual 1st mode instead of slipping the clutch in D2/S2 to prolong life.
Consistently flooring the gas pedal along with high RPM downshifts are a recipe for fun and gearbox decay. But if you wish to drive like a nanny then why even buy DSG. It’s a terrible transmission for the sedate driver. Much better off with a CVT.
Quick background, I’ve already had the clutch changed at around 16K during the second year of ownership. There used be a slight grinding noise during gear shifts specifically from 1-2 and slightly from 2-3, this issue was raised up and after a close inspection and test drive from the warranty manager in Delhi, a new clutch was ordered and changed under warranty.
Second instance, this happened due to user error mostly as my driver at the time used to shift the car into N from D while it was still in motion and vice versa. This would result in appealing FE numbers but in turn conked off the flywheel. And I know this as after he had parted ways one day the car refused to move after a brief stop and manually it went to higher gears while standing still, sent the car on flatbed to the workshop they changed the flywheel and gave a thumbs up to the clutch condition. This was around the 40k mark. Just to point out, made sure no one ever did the same mistake of shifting out of D or slotting into N without coming to a stand still.
I think I ought to try the way to find out DSG clutch life method using VCDS posted by another member on the forum.
Old 21st March 2022, 06:34   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Quick background, I’ve already had the clutch changed at around 16K during the second year of ownership. There used be a slight grinding noise during gear shifts specifically from 1-2 and slightly from 2-3, this issue was raised up and after a close inspection and test drive from the warranty manager in Delhi, a new clutch was ordered and changed under warranty.
Second instance, this happened due to user error mostly as my driver at the time used to shift the car into N from D while it was still in motion and vice versa. This would result in appealing FE numbers but in turn conked off the flywheel. And I know this as after he had parted ways one day the car refused to move after a brief stop and manually it went to higher gears while standing still, sent the car on flatbed to the workshop they changed the flywheel and gave a thumbs up to the clutch condition. This was around the 40k mark. Just to point out, made sure no one ever did the same mistake of shifting out of D or slotting into N without coming to a stand still.
I think I ought to try the way to find out DSG clutch life method using VCDS posted by another member on the forum.
I have done it many times during gridlock traffic on a decline. D->N and N->D while moving. This should cause no harm to the car as long as the engine is on. It states in the manual not to push the car when engine is off as transmission isn’t lubricated, but as long as car is on feel free for D-N N-D as you please. Flywheel around 40K mark is normal lol
Old 25th April 2022, 18:39   #73

Quote:
I have purchased this camera from NSquareAutoTech. Nikhil as always has been very helpful and approachable for the installation.
I am looking for reverse camera with dynamic guidelines. Can you share contact details of NSquareAutoTech?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 25th April 2022 at 18:47. Reason: Please quote only relevant sections of the post
Old 25th April 2022, 22:55   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nusta_throttle View Post
I am looking for reverse camera with dynamic guidelines. Can you share contact details of NSquareAutoTech?

I prefer sharing contact details over DM’s, but looks like your DM feature hasn’t been unlocked yet since you’re new, so here goes :
Nikhil : +91 8412053484.
sarfraz1997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 00:30   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Faults:

(Mechatronic & a tow)

Just an update, this no creep forward issue usually happens when I switch off the ignition after a long drive (1 hour or more) and then start the car within a few minutes.

I also had another issue a few days back while returning from in-laws' place, there was a noise similar to an RE 350 with a loud exhaust. It was coming from the engine bay when the car was moving at a very slow speed (10 kmph) due to the traffic signal. However, this noise reduced when I accelerated and this happened multiple times. I tried replicating the issue next day and the noise was there at 10kmph but stopped upon accelerating. I could also feel slight jerks at acceleration but once the car crosses 20 kmph the noise and jerks are not there anymore. I got the extended warranty for 6th year which will kick in from 9th June, so waiting for it to get the car checked properly. They did a checkup for the extended warranty but nothing came up at the time and even I didn't say anything fearing it may be an issue with the DSG.

On the brighter side, I still love this car and ordered the UV cut dark green tinted window glasses and the windscreen (it's cracked so had to replace it anyways).

Most Viewed