Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2022, 01:00   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" now in Pacific North-West and completes 1 year & 13,000 mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvracer88 View Post
Agreed. Based on reviews the DSW06 plus seems to perform at par if not better in rains as well. So mostly made up my mind on that. Went to Costco today to check if they sell Continental but no luck. I had my doubts that they don't but wanted to try my luck and see. Need to source them now and see who can get the best deals.
Nice. Even I was reading reviews on comparison between DSW06 and PS 4 and majority are choosing DSW06 as it's a more rounded tyre for all seasons than PS 4 which is better for summer.

Looks like my choice is clear- Continental DSW06

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
TireRack would be your best bet. They have mobile tire installation option as well, which is very convenient because they do the installation at your door step.

I changed my tires to the DWS 06 plus today from tirerack.
Lovely. Congratulations. What was your OEM tyre? Can you share if possible side by side picture of OEM and DSW06 to see the thread pattern difference. Also, not sure how many miles you completed on Conti. Please do share a detailed feedback in comparison to OEM.

Finally, what was the price you got inclusive of fitting from Tirerack?

Last weekend, we decided to head to "Snowqualmie Summit" which is about 50-miles from home. We took the I-90 East which was closed for a couple of weeks due to heavy snow. The moment, we got the news that it's open again, we hit that highway to go to the mountains.

The route was slippery, snowy and lot of stretches where there was black sleet on the route. Drove gingerly (not crossing 80mph) to the summit.

Once we reached the summit, I was completely in awe and gaping at the vistas. It felt like in 50 miles, we reached "Switzerland". We had a tough time finding parking as looked like half population of WA was doww there. Besides, it was a nice, sunny and warm day (4C).

We enjoyed 3-4 hours walking up the mountain (I wore sneakers as I was not expecting so much snow) and watched people enjoy skiing. Next season, I am going up that mountain to Ski (Bookings close in July for next season) so will need to plan in advance.

We also enjoyed pizza from a small grocery store that is highly recommended by a friend and it was one of the best slices of pizza that I had in a long time.

Overall, the scenic beauty of Washington State never fails to impress me. Blessed to be living in an area which has so much proximity to mountains, lakes, and tons of natural beauty everywhere.

Some pictures from last Saturday at the summit.

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-17.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5046.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-14.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-6.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-7.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-5.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-4.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5017.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5031.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5054.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5050.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-10.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5047.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-11.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5010.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-2.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 01:31   #137
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" now in Pacific North-West and completes 1 year & 13,000 mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Lovely. Congratulations. What was your OEM tyre? Can you share if possible side by side picture of OEM and DSW06 to see the thread pattern difference. Also, not sure how many miles you completed on Conti. Please do share a detailed feedback in comparison to OEM.

Finally, what was the price you got inclusive of fitting from Tirerack?
My car came with 19" All season tires ( Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Run Flat), but I wanted 20" 699M wheels and I was able to find a fellow X3 owner who was willing to swap the wheels. His car came with 20" 699M wheels with Max performance summer tires (Michelin Latitude Sport 3 ZP) and staggered setup. So we did the swap and I wanted to change the summer tires into all seasons and went ahead with the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 plus (Ultra performance All seasons). For now, the Michelins are up for sale and have posted for sale on the bimmer forum.

19" wheels:
2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img5977.jpg

20" wheels:
2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img6342.jpg

Sorry forgot to take a side by side picture of the thread patterns, but here is a comparison pic from Tire rack. I just installed them today, so I need to drive around and see the performance of these tires. But from the reviews they have a smooth ride (they are Non RFT's) and good ratings. Should see how it holds up.

Michelin Continental

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-comparisontires.png

Cost Details:
245/45R20 - 471.98$
275/40R20 - 537.98$
Installation (ASAP Tire) - 106$
Tips - 20$
TOTAL - 1135.96$

There was no sales tax, since the ASAP tire installers are based out of Delaware and the tires were shipped to them.

Last edited by fusionbang : 19th January 2022 at 01:32.
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 02:04   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My car came with 19" All season tires ( Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Run Flat), but I wanted 20" 699M wheels and I was able to find a fellow X3 owner who was willing to swap the wheels. His car came with 20" 699M wheels with Max performance summer tires (Michelin Latitude Sport 3 ZP) and staggered setup. So we did the swap and I wanted to change the summer tires into all seasons and went ahead with the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 plus (Ultra performance All seasons). For now, the Michelins are up for sale and have posted for sale on the bimmer forum.
Thanks for detailed feedback. I have exactly the same OEM tyre (Pirelli P7). How many miles you drove on P7?

It would be great to hear from you with a detailed comparison feedback after you clock some miles (Say, 500 miles) to know what's the difference between P7 and more importantly, what is feeling between a RF and Non RF.

Also, do share difference of feel of 20 inches from 19" inches. I will also move to 20"s as 19"s don't fill the wheel well so much and look sore to the eyes. LOL!

Couple of things I didn't understand

a) I see different sizes for front and rear for your new tyres? Is OEM also like that?

b) Swap done with Nitin from your city? Did he also get the DW06?
Old 19th January 2022, 02:59   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for detailed feedback. I have exactly the same OEM tyre (Pirelli P7). How many miles you drove on P7?

It would be great to hear from you with a detailed comparison feedback after you clock some miles (Say, 500 miles) to know what's the difference between P7 and more importantly, what is feeling between a RF and Non RF.

Also, do share difference of feel of 20 inches from 19" inches. I will also move to 20"s as 19"s don't fill the wheel well so much and look sore to the eyes. LOL!

Couple of things I didn't understand

a) I see different sizes for front and rear for your new tyres? Is OEM also like that?

b) Swap done with Nitin from your city? Did he also get the DW06?

I did 5000 miles on the P7. Will post my experience after putting some miles on these. 20" inches is a choice most of the enthusiasts go with since it gives you a mix of good aesthetics without compromising the ride quality. 19" are much better for a plushy ride quality due to its increase side wall and being a squared setup, easy on the rotation and wear and tear. I love how the 20" ride and definitely looks better on this car. Now with a Non RFT, the ride should be much better compared to the RFT's.

Basically, BMW offers the below:

1. 19" All seasons Square setup
2. 20" Performance RFT Staggered Setup (8J (Rim width) in the front and 9.5J in the rear)
3. 21" Performance RFT Staggered Setup (9.5J in the front and 10J in the rear)

So I swapped to a staggered setup from a non staggered setup.

No I did not swap with Nitin. I found a guy on X3 Bimmer forum, who was looking for a swap since he liked the 19" wheels. And he was okay with the Pirelli run flat tires, may be he will change it when they wear out.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 10:19   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. 19" All seasons Square setup
2. 20" Performance RFT Staggered Setup (8J (Rim width) in the front and 9.5J in the rear)
3. 21" Performance RFT Staggered Setup (9.5J in the front and 10J in the rear)
Thanks a bunch. That is some real good info. I was not aware that BMW offers these different staggered set-ups which I assume is official and will not void the warranty.

Look forward to your detailed comparison on upgraded and staggered setup along with the feedback on new rubber.

At the cost of sounding like a noob , what will you gain when you move to a staggered set-up from a non-staggered on? Will it improve handling or ride?

P.S : Darn, this thread now sounds like a tyre thread. Sorry, this is my last question on this topic. If I have any more, will PM you instead.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th January 2022 at 18:05. Reason: Quote trimmed. Excessive dots removed.
Old 21st January 2022, 08:51   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

1-Year Ownership Report (Positives & Negatives) of BMW X3 M40i

Here is a feeble attempt at compiling a list of positives and negatives of my Blau Rakete after completing 1 year and 13,000 miles (21,000kms).

Well, these are personal opinions and I do tend to go little overboard with emotions especially if something really touches my heart & soul like this one did.

These pointers are not in any order/sequence but, penned based on what occurred to the mind. I hope to hear with feedback/opinions of other B58 owners on the forum (There are quite a few BHPians who own this engine in form of M340i and X3M40i).

Positives

1. Let’s begin with heart of the matter; Engine (Code Name : B58) which is 3.0 Liter, In-Line 6 Cylinder powerful, creamy, high revving and versatile engine. Some journalists/enthusiasts claim this to be the “Best Engine” BMW has ever produced till date (Source : Please read the article at the end of this post).

As quoted in this article, Horsepower-wise this engine feels lot more powerful in real world application, maybe 100HP more as the article quotes. I had this feeling right from beginning of my ownership.

Personally experienced this multiple times, We visit Boston (Sis’s abode) almost once a quarter and I usually take charge of her car which is a BMW X5 50i, V8 engine with 445 horsepower that feels powerful in isolation. When I come back home and drive my car, there is a marked difference.

X3 M40i feels lot more more powerful than X5 50i (Weight non-withstanding). Power comes in like flood water rushing out of dam gates. It’s relentless, brutal and scary (especially Sports +). For normal road use, if you are not paying attention and in Sports+ mode, it can turn disastrous. Hence, I use this mode only when I am fully attentive and in mood for some serious fun.

2. Torque is instantaneous irrespective of gear, speed or drive mode. (Sports and Sports +, shifts are lot more instantaneous).

3. Gearshifts are butter smooth and again blisteringly quick and it’s common knowledge this pairing (Engine & Transmission) is one of the best (if not the best in the industry). Be it in automatic mode or the paddle-shift mode the shifts are quick. I generally use paddle shifts in mountains or curvy roads as there is lot more control and you can push the car better into the corners. Don’t ask me what paddle shifters do to gas mileage. LOL!

4. Steering feel is very nice and direct. It’s better than base version X3 but, has scope for improvements. I like the steering feel best in Sports and above.This feeling gets diluted a bit 
 in eco-pro mode (Despite me configuring it to sports settings) and feels little more vague.

5. Exhaust Note- Half the thrill of driving this car is due to it’s exhaust note. During cold starts, sometimes my neighbors if they passing close-by, jump out of their skin as the sound is really 
loud. Also, biggest thrill of driving this car is the pops and crackle in Sports and Sports + mode, a sound that makes me chuckle hard and make me love this car harder.

6. Technology in car is flawless and everything works like it's intended. Some of my favorite features :

a) Wireless CarPlay (Seamless connection between iPhones, AirPods, Powerbeats etc)

b) Adaptive Headlights (Very useful as the lights fall ahead even before the steering turns).

c) BMW Navigation (In some cases, it has lot more details than G-Maps and Apple Maps).

d) Gesture Control (I’m so use to it now, I doubt if I can live without it ..lol!).

e) 18-way Seat Support (I find so many new positions that is comfortable).

f) Touchscreen is very responsive and works like a charm.

g) HUD for Maps and Music (Crisp, Bright and Height Adjustable).

h) Instrument Cluster is versatile and can be configured to show maps, music and other features.

i) ID7 for its crisp display and features.

j.) A football kick below the boot to open & close the tailgate is super helpful for us folks in US as we are perennially grocery shopping.

k.)Touch to open and close all doors with facility to include/exclude boot open as part of this process is another nice feature.

l.) Safety features like Auto Brake, BSP, 360 degree camera functions ensures a peace of mind driving experience.

7. X3 is quite roomy from inside (As against my better half’s feeling) and sunroof enhances this roomy effect. With sunroof open on a sunny day, it feels like looking out of an aquarium.

8. Love the plush cognac interiors and carbon fiber trim. Luxurious and makes me feel like some rich mogul.

Negatives

1. For big guys (I’m 6.1 with a large frame), seating position is not super comfortable. Driving position is cocooned and gives you a race-car driving type of feel with side bolsters curving up to ensure you take corners better without your body rolling too much. Feels great for cornering but, not the most comfortable for long drives.

2. 19” wheels and Pirelli RF’s aren’t the best. After clocking 13K miles, these tyres don’t perform as good like when they were new. This car has so much potential to be driven hard but, this wheel size and RF combination is not suited for hard driving as it squeals a lot coming out of corners (555 Drive, Smoky Mountains and My recent 3,300 miles trip firmly made me decide to upgrade to better rubber soon).

I feel 20” and non-RF good rubber can completely transform this beast without compromising too much on ride quality. It remains to be seen if I will stick to 19” and just get good rubber or will also upgrade the wheels as well.

3. Wireless Charger- It’s just a fancy item and not worth the money. Gets hot fast, charges slow.

4. Gas Mileage- I should not be complaining but, this car has such a wide range of MPG that it shocks me. If I drive in Eco-Pro mode (Just guessing it’s power is dialed down to regular X3 power with 250bhp), I get fantastic MPG of 26-27mpg. However, the moment I decide to have some fun, it drastically drops to 17-18mpg range.

Gas is getting pretty expensive here and it made me cringe when I look at gas prices (Premium-91RON) in California to be $5.50/gallon or above. Otherwise, here in Seattle it’s in $4.25/gallon range which isn’t cheap either.

5. Ride is pretty good but, wife thinks it’s on harder side. She keeps comparing with Mazda CX-9 and highlights at every given chance that X3 is such a small car and is a tad tight inside. I nod my head and “act” as if I sympathize and agree with her observations. I can tell you America spoils you (with respect to sizes & spaces). LOL!

Let me wrap up by sharing this article of B58 engine. A balanced article and compares this engine with other OEM engines that is offered in much more expensive sports cars.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2021/12/20/b58-best-bmw-engine/

Final Words- This is a deceptively fast car which BMW disguised as a compact SAV. And, here is to something that I never wished for any of long list of cars that I owned till date- I would love to keep this car forever.!!!

A few random pictures of Blau Rakete over the period of 13,000 miles.

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-bf29c71a32b044a280abb1108d05a65c.jpeg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_3706.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_6824.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_2926.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_8442.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_1271.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-06d52d64432046c780d20e0c40d7480d.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_2555.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_8443.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_4217.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_2837.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_0270.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-copy.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_1037.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_3071.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-a82bb834556f48f3a19e710d88003c85.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_3519.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_3523.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_2857.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_7859.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_8631.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_4449.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 21st January 2022 at 22:57. Reason: As requested
mobike008 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 17:21   #142
BHPian

So jealous of you right now. I own the “Vanilla” X3 20d and I have been waiting since ages for the M40i to be launched in India.

Even tweeted BMW. They said they will “consider” it.

The X3 M40i is hands down one of the best car BMW has made and you have rightly pointed, it has got some really rave reviews.

Hopefully enthusiasts here can drive it soon and share our own reviews.

Thanks for the comprehensive review and enjoy your car buddy. Keep us updated with the latest.

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-b6ab1aeaaaeb4d2da3abde78823b339b.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 26th January 2022 at 18:04. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
drjaygoyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 22:31   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
So jealous of you right now. I own the “Vanilla” X3 20d and I have been waiting since ages for the M40i to be launched in India.

Even tweeted BMW. They said they will “consider” it.

The X3 M40i is hands down one of the best car BMW has made and you have rightly pointed, it has got some really rave reviews.

Hopefully enthusiasts here can drive it soon and share our own reviews.

Thanks for the comprehensive review and enjoy your car buddy. Keep us updated with the latest.
Hey Doc, Nice to hear from you. I can imagine your disappointment and can only pray that India gets to enjoy this version of X3 soon.

Yup, you are right about X3 M40i being one of the best out there by BMW.

Infact, I have driven the M40i (Sedan Version) plenty of times and find the X3 M40i a better car from an overall perspective.

Appreciate your kind words and keep following and I will try my best to keep this thread as much updated as I can.

Here are some pictures of "Juanita Beach Park" in Kirkland, WA

This place is couple of miles from home and I try to go for a walk at least 3-4 times in a week around 4:30pm-5:30pm as I like to time my walk with the sunset.

These pictures are from this week across 2-3 days and as you can see the sunset is simply gorgeous and different each day (From bloody red to bluish tinge to pinkish orange).

It's almost like god has painted the skies with oil colors. I feel so lucky to be living in the beautiful PNW.

P.S : Please do click and see these pictures in full resolution and I'm sure you will appreciate the nature as much as I did.

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5689.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-8.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-10.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5683.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-11.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5704.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5695.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5690.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5688.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5686.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-9.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5679.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-4.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5673.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-3.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5669.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5677.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-2.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-img_5665.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-6.jpg

2021 BMW X3 M40i - My "Blau Rakete" completes 32,500 miles / 52,000 km in 3 Years of ownership-fullsizerender-5.jpg

mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 09:13   #144
BHPian

The pictures are

You really need to teach us how to take such breathtaking pics. Wow, I can’t stop looking.

The best part is how clear the pictures are inspite of the fading light and the sun setting. There are areas where it is almost dark and yet the exposure is good.

Fantastic job buddy
drjaygoyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 22:59   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
The pictures are

You really need to teach us how to take such breathtaking pics. Wow, I can’t stop looking.

The best part is how clear the pictures are inspite of the fading light and the sun setting. There are areas where it is almost dark and yet the exposure is good.

Fantastic job buddy
Haha! Thank you.

Amateur photography is another passion in a long list of passions. Thanks for your nice words. Beware I might keep flooding this thread with tons of nature/outdoor pictures that I take on a daily basis which is usually there on my IG feed.
Old 31st January 2022, 10:45   #146

Quote:
TireRack would be your best bet. They have mobile tire installation option as well, which is very convenient because they do the installation at your door step.

I changed my tires to the DWS 06 plus today from tirerack.
Thats great to hear. Look forward to your review on the DWS 06 plus. I did compare a few options here. Unfortunately, TireRack has Conti's on backorder and their estimated ETA is up to 90 days as per their customer service. Les Schwab's has it readily available, but they are charging about $40 more per tire. I might end up taking the plunge once I am back from my business trip since I have no intentions of waiting that long. Surprisingly, BMW Bellevue quote was similar to TireRack including installation which I did not expect, but they are also on backorder
Old 31st January 2022, 10:53   #147

Quote:

19" wheels:
Attachment 2262176
Love the M style rear view mirrors on the latest gen M40i. I think I am going to swap mine out to these. Between, your car looks great. Never thought white would look this good on the M40i.

Quote:
Here are some pictures of "Juanita Beach Park" in Kirkland, WA
Great pictures of Juanita park. I loved coming here and to Houghton beach when I used to live in Kirkland.
Old 31st January 2022, 21:34   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats great to hear. Look forward to your review on the DWS 06 plus. I did compare a few options here. Unfortunately, TireRack has Conti's on backorder and their estimated ETA is up to 90 days as per their customer service. Les Schwab's has it readily available, but they are charging about $40 more per tire. I might end up taking the plunge once I am back from my business trip since I have no intentions of waiting that long. Surprisingly, BMW Bellevue quote was similar to TireRack including installation which I did not expect, but they are also on backorder
That's weird, why they say it is on back order. They are based in Connecticut and also have a warehouse in Delaware. For my zip code, it says the tires are available in 2 days and can be delivered. May be they are not equipped to ship it all the way to west coast. I would suggest to go ahead if it's available for a marginal difference in price closer to you.

In terms of review, I have done close to 300 miles and I can seen a vast improvement in terms of riding comfort and the tire noise. It feels much more silent in the cabin compared to the Run flats and the ride has become smooth. I don't feel the undulations on the roads and even a small pothole is taken with ease, whereas it was more prominent on the run flats. Overall I am loving these tires
Old 1st February 2022, 00:26   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, $40 bucks more per tyre should not be a deal breaker. Get it ASAP.

Can you share the prices in detail? Original price from Tirerack vs. Les Schwab? Are the prices inclusive of changing tyres?

Also, is it mandatory to do alignment and balance when tyres are changed?

Btw, Costco has $150 off on 4 tyres from Michelin (Any model).

Need this info so I can file it away when time comes for me to change my tyres.

Quote:
Love the M style rear view mirrors on the latest gen M40i. I think I am going to swap mine out to these. Between, your car looks great. Never thought white would look this good on the M40i.

Great pictures of Juanita park. I loved coming here and to Houghton beach when I used to live in Kirkland.
Not that I'm not happy with my current RVM's which are grey and looks cool with blue exteriors. Just curious to know how much will it cost for a swap with 2022 RVM's?

Thanks, Juanita Park is a great place for evening walks. Since it's 5-mins drive, I end up going there 3-4 times a week. Now where do you live?

Quote:
In terms of review, I have done close to 300 miles and I can seen a vast improvement in terms of riding comfort and the tire noise. It feels much more silent in the cabin compared to the Run flats and the ride has become smooth. I don't feel the undulations on the roads and even a small pothole is taken with ease, whereas it was more prominent on the run flats. Overall I am loving these tires
Nice to know. Btw, why are you driving so less? Just 300 miles since the last post? I rack up that much on a weekend.
Old 3rd February 2022, 04:52   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Why so many people are suddenly talking about the B5B?

Another recent video that talks about the versatility of "B58" engine.

This videos is little bit more technical and might be enjoyed by folks here who are technical savvy.

It was definetly a nice eye opener for me with respect to understanding the internals of this gorgeous, creamy and delicious engine.

Well, all technical stuff aside, I could only catch the following highlights :

1. B58 engine with stock internals is good for a tune of 600-650 WHP and 1000 HP at crank worth of tuning upgrades without blowing up the engine.

Sounds pretty exciting and makes me thing of keeping this car for a longer period as there is so much more you can do with it after you get bored with a 400+ HP stock engine (I doubt if that is going to happen anytime soon..lol!).

2. Exhaust note at 5:40 is just ..more so since it's an X3 M40i

Most Viewed