Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th March 2021, 19:04   #136
BHPian

Default Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Checked with Landmark in Gurgaon and they have stopped taking booking for anniversary edition. Limited is only available in that brown leather interiors... bummer!
Old 29th March 2021, 02:52   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoo View Post
Checked with Landmark in Gurgaon and they have stopped taking booking for anniversary edition. Limited is only available in that brown leather interiors... bummer!
Yes, my SA in Chandigarh told me that Jeep had fixed 400 units for production in the Anniversary Edition. Maybe check with Landmark Delhi on Mathura Road? The SA there had offered me a booking for the Anniversary Edition about 2 weeks back.
jeeplife_newbie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 11:53   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoo View Post
Its available please book on Jeep's site. I also checked with the dealership when I was following up on my delivery. They are accepting bookings for both manual and automatic. If your dealer is not accepting book it on the site.
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 10:23   #139
BHPian

thanks guys- but it think i'll give it a pass. I test drove the limited version Petrol AT and there were dummy switch plates at the locations where there are 4X4 controls. I am just not able to wrap my head around paying 27 lacs for a car with dummy slots. Even the movement of gear stick in the slots was not very accurate. Even though the ride quality and handling was spot on i am not able to justify the on road price given my experience with the test drive.
nickoo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 16:34   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post
I was told "any of the leathers could be changed to any color". This would be done by the dealer. We bought the Limited variant as we were tired of black interiors. The grey dash and seats felt (looked) new. In a few years we may change the tan leather strip to black .
I was told the same by Jeep Mumbai and they claim that it's a company initiative although I really doubt that as dealers in other locations say "NO" to these changes. Tan in itself looks great but the contrast is not so great I feel. I will also change Tan to Black in a few years which according to Mumbai dealer should cost me 25k. Let me know if you make any such changes.
Old 30th March 2021, 18:50   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
I was told the same by Jeep Mumbai and they claim that it's a company initiative although I really doubt that as dealers in other locations say "NO" to these changes. Tan in itself looks great but the contrast is not so great I feel. I will also change Tan to Black in a few years which according to Mumbai dealer should cost me 25k. Let me know if you make any such changes.
The dealer here in Gurgaon told me that the leather canít be changed not even in after market.
Old 30th March 2021, 20:20   #142
pms
BHPian

Did a test drive of Petrol AT again last Saturday for close to 20Kms through thick traffic in BLR. Lag when you slow down was prominent at least for me and every time I had to reduce the speed due to traffic SA kept on reminding me to slot it to manual mentioning that is how he drives. This lag is not providing a smooth experience somehow. This is again me being a sedate driver.

One other thing I wanted to check with Compass owners here is about the effectiveness of AC and the air flow from front side air vents, felt it wasnt great. Maybe the owners here can throw more light as it was my experience from the test drive. Feel its due to the Sun roof and bigger cabin.
pms is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 09:02   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Gee Thanks for giving me hope. Your Jeep looks simply stupendous I was informed today by an unofficial, but accurate source that delivery by all probability would be around 2nd week of April. That doesn't seem too far off, so I guess I can wait
Hi Harsha,

Did you get any confirmation on allotment? No luck for me, I was told by dealership earlier that allotment in March is confirmed by FCA (Techno green, 4x4 diesel, Anniversary edition) but still no allocation
Old 2nd April 2021, 10:55   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Did a test drive of Petrol AT again last Saturday for close to 20Kms through thick traffic in BLR. Lag when you slow down was prominent at least for me and every time I had to reduce the speed due to traffic SA kept on reminding me to slot it to manual mentioning that is how he drives. This lag is not providing a smooth experience somehow. This is again me being a sedate driver.

One other thing I wanted to check with Compass owners here is about the effectiveness of AC and the air flow from front side air vents, felt it wasnt great. Maybe the owners here can throw more light as it was my experience from the test drive. Feel its due to the Sun roof and bigger cabin.
I test drove the Compass Petrol AT just yesterday at KHT agencies, Domlur, Bangalore showroom. I have the exact same experience about the lag when you slow down or just start and the AC wasnít cooling well either. I am sedate driver using a Honda City CVT, didnít enjoy the auto transmission of the Compass Petrol AT at all. Diesel AT was not available to test drive.

Moreover the showroom guys dented my City when they were moving one of their cars in the parking area. They have promised me to take care of the denting / scratches but I have my doubts. They didnít have the S model in display and the sales guy was continually trying to discourage me from buying the S model or the 4X4 . He didnít explain any of the features to me, when I called for a manager / supervisor to complain about the damage to my City no one turned up.
Makes me want to stay away from Jeep as a brand after this experience. Have tweeted Jeep India, letís see if they revert.
liv2drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 22:03   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drive View Post
I test drove the Compass Petrol AT just yesterday at KHT agencies, Domlur, Bangalore showroom. I have the exact same experience about the lag when you slow down or just start and the AC wasnít cooling well either. I am sedate driver using a Honda City CVT, didnít enjoy the auto transmission of the Compass Petrol AT at all. Diesel AT was not available to test
Well - when one suddenly slows down for a speed bump or sharp turn , then immediately wants to go back to the same speed, for eg from 40km/hr to 10km/hr and then back to 40km/hr - there is a clear lag..so if you look at the RPM you will notice what I am saying..MIND YOU IT ONLY HAPPENS AT BELOW 40-50 KM/H . So you are 1200 - 1500 rpm (40km/h) and you slowndown to thereabouts of 1000 rpm (10km/h) and when you try to speed up back to 40 km/h , step on the throttle, you will end up going to 2500 rpm or even 3000 rpm till the transmission comprehends and vehicle speeds up!!! It takes 2 seconds or so and then it breezes and speeds smoothly and RpM fall back to 1700 or so . That throttle "push" to hasten the car after a sudden slow down - I am discovering needs to be gradual and not tjr conventional hard one which atleast I am habituated to, as I have owned a manual Figo. It takes getting used to - and for manual drivers it will be irritating and will take more time.
It has been extensively written in the Compass reviews on teamBHP. But honestly- I have driven the Octavia and VW DSG and the Honda city (CVT) Wagon R AMT - all have this lag . No automatic transmission will give you the control that a manual gives . The trade off for the convenience is loss of the control and thrill.

Also important to note- the Jeep Compass 2021 after speeds 40-45 is just too smooth. I drove on the Mumbai- Pune expressway - topped to 110 km/h (waiting to complete 5000 km/h ) and the Compass just glides ..it breaks and it slows and speeds with grace and command and goes over bumbs as if they don't exist- no one inside the vehicle feels anything. And just FYI - mileage was 16 km/lit. It is early days (not a month since I am driving a compass ) so I don't want to talk much about mileage.
CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 11:38   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
Hi Harsha,
Did you get any confirmation on allotment?
Hi Pankaj,

Apologies for the delayed reply. I have not received any news regarding my vehicle, although I got a what’s app notification from the SA, informing Techno Green 4x4 Diesel vehicle is available at the showroom for demo.

So, my deduction is that If Techno Green has been allotted to showrooms, deliveries won’t be too far off. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for April end allocation.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th April 2021 at 12:50. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
Harsha89 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 19:18   #147

I got an update from my SA, he said that he spoke to FCA today and will deliver the car to me maximum by this month's end. *fingers crossed*

He also informed me that FCA has stopped taking bookings of the diesel manual and diesel automatic variants of the anniversary edition.
Old 7th April 2021, 18:36   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Hi Pankaj,

Apologies for the delayed reply. I have not received any news regarding my vehicle, although I got a whatís app notification from the SA, informing Techno Green 4x4 Diesel vehicle is available at the showroom for demo.

So, my deduction is that If Techno Green has been allotted to showrooms, deliveries wonít be too far off. Iím keeping my fingers crossed for April end allocation.
I dropped in to my dealership to check if there is any update on the deliveries. Did not get any update and got a feeling that mine will be delivered only end of May. But the fact that they have stopped the 80th Anniversary bookings is true. But the website till yesterday is accepting the bookings for the said car. I get a faint feeling that FCA and their dealers today are at the same state what VW was in 2010. But got to see the Grigio Magneisio colour for the first time and it looked very elegant and upmarket. It was ready of some delivery so was not able click pics.
Old 7th April 2021, 22:15   #149
BHPian

Hello People,

I think there will be an issue with 80th Anniversary edition. I was clearly told that there would be very limited. Now due to a communication issue it seems Anniversary edition is overbooked. People with Anniversary bookings need to sure of the reason. Honestly converting a Limited into Anniversary should not be much of an issue- but for a global european company such nimble footedness may not be easy .
Old 8th April 2021, 16:31   #150
BHPian

Ever since the Compass face-lift was launched, I had been keen to compare it with my Creta 2020, a 1.4 SX(O). Finally, I took an hour long test-drive with a Longitude (O) model from Landmark Jeep, Okhla. Here are my layman thoughts and observations:
  • In terms of dimensions, road presence, interior and boot space, the Compass is comparable to my Creta.
  • The steering felt equally good in both cars. Quality of switches and stalks also felt pretty comparable. My Creta doesn't get steering tilt adjustment which the Compass does. Creta's gear shifter feels more premium.
  • While my Creta's front seats felt comfier for my 120 KG/185 CM frame, I really appreciated the Compass's powered passenger seat, lumbar support and memory seats. Also liked the auto up-down for the passenger window and auto up for the rear windows.
  • In terms of acceleration, my Creta is noticeably faster than the Compass, with 1 second faster 0-100 timing. The down-shifts are more noticeable (the car really does surge ahead in Sports mode) in my Creta compared to the Compass, which accelerates smoothly. Living in NCR, I'd only consider the petrol model)
  • Mileage is marginally better on my Creta. No driving modes (very useable) or traction modes on 4x2 Compasses; my Creta gets both.
  • I felt both cars dealt with speed bumps really well and I don't think I'd casually notice a difference. When I paid attention, the Compass felt more stable while my Creta feels a bit more cushier.
  • The interiors of the Compass were much more premium than my Creta with soft-touch plastic on the non-touch areas, leather and better plastic insert on the dash, thicker leather on arm-pad, plusher feeling leather on the seats and better metal door latches.
  • While I liked the resolution of the Compass's infotainment screen, it felt slower than my Creta. The compass's climate control/power knobs and buttons also felt a bit smaller and tackier than my Creta. Really liked the dual-zone AC though my Creta's AC unit cools faster.
  • Loved the wireless Android Auto on the Compass. Though, it was definitely a bit slower than wired AA. I'm not sure if it is just wireless AA or Compass's system.
  • My Creta's MID screen is way more readable than the Compass whose font looks disproportionate. Disappointed to be informed that even the fully digital MID on the S version won't display Google Maps, which is the only thing I'd need a fully digital MID for.
  • Some comparable big-ticket features between two cars - panoramic sunroof and ventilated seats. Though I much prefer the physical controls for the same on my Creta.
  • The Compass doesn't get an air purfier or sunglass holders which I use a lot in my Creta. No Auto hold for 4x2 as well. Hyundai's telematics system is also a lot more useful with remote start and climate control functions.
  • I prefer Hyundai's 3 year unlimited/4 year 60K/5 year 50K standard warranty against 3 year 100K warranty from Jeep.
  • Some other features I liked on the Compass which my Creta doesn't get - 360 degree camera (though surprised to be informed that there are no bundled parking sensors), rain sensing wipers, rear fog lamps, drive & traction modes (on 4x2) remote start and climate control, auto start-stop (the car did stall for a second as I waited for a U-turn but if it helps with the mileage then sure)

All in all, the Compass is certainly a superior car with interiors from a segment above and a few enviable features. However, I am not sure if I would pay Rs. 9 lakh (almost 60%) more than the Creta (comparing on road prices of the Creta 1.4 SX (O) and Compass 1.4 S(4x2) after discounting the similar proportions, slower engine and missing features.

Most Viewed