Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2021, 09:21   #196
BHPian

Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Anyone here has been able to extract any discount or any offers on the new Compass ?
I tried but failed. SA didn’t budge even an inch. But he did offer me various freebies like interior mats (OEM Jeep Off-road), Wax Coat, Mugs, Keychain, Cap, Shirt etc.

Moreover I booked the S-Variant, So I didn’t push too hard.
Harsha89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 13:14   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone here has been able to extract any discount or any offers on the new Compass ?
Customers who booked compass months ago are still trying to "extract" the car and not able to . I don't think dealerships will offer discounts as they did in 2019 or 2020 anytime soon as the supply isn't enough to meet the demand.

Last edited by navaneeth : 27th April 2021 at 13:17.
navaneeth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 15:48   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Only discount they offer is on Insurance, but it is fake discount. The Insurance amount quoted in the first price list you get is insane like 130K, then at time of final payments you pay the actual price of insurance which is way less than 130K and dealer calls it discount
pankaj_9730 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 19:27   #199
BHPian

Drove my petrol auto for second time today. As I was about to park the car, I noticed the car was overheating. Engine temperature gauge was pointing towards extreme north. Immediately switched off the car. Called for road side assistance. They took the car on a flat bed to their workshop. Service advisor says will diagnose the issue tomorrow morning and he thinks it could be a software issue. To make things worse, I saw a nail in my rear left tire as the car was being towed away. Car has done 96 kms. Feeling terrible really.
Old 29th April 2021, 08:12   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
Guys,

Does anybody have any idea if Skymoto Pune Jeep dealer is on Cash and Carry?

The sales guy called me yesterday and said that the car that I booked has been allocated to them but we need to pay them the exshowroom price so that they can pay FCA and then FCA will release the vehicle to them. Ive booked S, Diesel AT.

AFAIK, Ive never seen this happen, Ive normally just paid the rest of the amount once the car is with the dealer and ready to be registered.
Yes. Yesterday my dealer has asked me to do the same. I said I won't pay him in advance unless I see the vehicle. I faced situations earlier like where dealers try to give us demo vehicles once we make advance payment and we will be clearly at their mercy.
TChandraShekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 20:12   #201
BHPian

I had been curious for a while as to how much mileage the 2.0 Diesel with an MT was capable on my Jeep Compass. A short drive to test that, with a very soft right foot on an expressway, gave me these results. I'm quite impressed with 21 kmpl, to be honest.

Also, I did enjoy the drive, it was relaxing. I otherwise drive with a heavy right foot. With the Jeep Compass diesel though, my right foot gets heavy only from third gear onwards, as in 1 & 2, the engine gets quite unpleasantly noisy. Of course this isn't my usual driving style so this most probably is a one time thing for me.

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-img_95e72b35f6641.jpeg
fast&curious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 10:57   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil_Gurgaon View Post
Drove my petrol auto for second time today. As I was about to park the car, I noticed the car was overheating. Engine temperature gauge was pointing towards extreme north. Immediately switched off the car. Called for road side assistance. They took the car on a flat bed to their workshop. Service advisor says will diagnose the issue tomorrow morning and he thinks it could be a software issue. To make things worse, I saw a nail in my rear left tire as the car was being towed away. Car has done 96 kms. Feeling terrible really.
Sahil, did you issue get resolved ? what was the root cause?
Old 30th April 2021, 12:49   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
Sahil, did you issue get resolved ? what was the root cause?
Yes, I got my car back yesterday. They say it was a software issue and have reset it. Apparently the fan wasn’t getting the instructions to work at the maximum speed, making the engine temperature go up. They have also made FCA aware about this issue as other facelift compass users might face it as well. They also fixed the puncture in left rear tire. Drove the car for about 30 kms yesterday in City and highway both. Felt absolutely amazing. Would like to let everyone know that I was very satisfied with response time And service provided by road side assistance team and also the service advisor at landmark gurgaon. Will share my driving experience of petrol auto once I get a few miles in it. Still getting used to it. Looking at it from inside or outside simply puts a smile on my face. Car feels solid and premium.
Sahil_Gurgaon is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 16:53   #204
BHPian

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-img20210430wa0003.jpg

Jeep Compass 2.0l Diesel M/T Model S
If anyone wants it, please reach out to Jeep, Solan, HP (Tapan Industries). We refused to take it as it has grey roof and we wanted black.

Regards
Old 30th April 2021, 20:21   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
Customers who booked compass months ago are still trying to "extract" the car and not able to . I don't think dealerships will offer discounts as they did in 2019 or 2020 anytime soon as the supply isn't enough to meet the demand.
The situation on ground mid of March is there were more buyers and hence the dealerships were focusing their effort to deliver the car with in 2 months of bookings. The SA promised me that he can get me with in 2 months that was the real discount he was offering me. But now the situation on ground may have changed post pandemic as car purchase are not essential spend. If the lock down progresses till June- July, the dealerships may see cancellations and could change the position . But a trend in the stock market is all auto financing NBFC shares are increasing (SFL, Chola, Sriram) as CV sales are picking up. So its a difficult market to gauge
Old 1st May 2021, 11:45   #206
BHPian

Many who have booked, may have also processed their bank loans/ leases and kept their approvals in place and would disburse only when the showrooms are opens and ready with delivery of the respective vehicles.
however looking at the current situation in most cities there’s going to be some level of cancellations and even buyers who have approved loans would also delay their purchases for the time being.IMO
Old 1st May 2021, 13:45   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
Many who have booked, may have also processed their bank loans/ leases and kept their approvals in place and would disburse only when the showrooms are opens and ready with delivery of the respective vehicles.
however looking at the current situation in most cities there’s going to be some level of cancellations and even buyers who have approved loans would also delay their purchases for the time being.IMO
Yeah. I had my loan approved for a Limited Option but postponed my purchased based on all that is going on. Not sure when things will improve but I don’t see a point in buying a new car now given the situation we are in.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 23:24   #208

I am driving skoda rapid 1.5tdi DSG since 3 years. wanted to upgrade it. my Rapid is doing good and there is no issues with it. I I am considering 2 cars as of now-jeep compass model S automatic diesel and upcoming skoda octavia. I know that this isnt a fair comparison as one of them is an SUV and another one a sedan. My family is not allowing me to again buy a skoda/ vw car as this is my 2nd VW/ skoda car. Wanted to know these from fellow jeep owners here.
1. Is the car(diesel automatic) fun to drive- have heard that the zf-9 isnt so involving to drive. If so by how much. Will overtaking be a problem.
2. what is the average service cost for service especially in 4th and 5th year
3. will there be squeaks and rattles in the car after some time. I somehow cannot handle it. Both of my VW/ skoda cars did not have it till date.
4. Does the gearbox have sport mode.
5. when using the tiptronic function in gearbox, will it hold on to a gear or it will automatically upshift and downshift according to the rpm

thanks in advance
sandpkd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 11:35   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpkd View Post
I am considering 2 cars as of now-jeep compass model S automatic diesel and upcoming skoda octavia.
If you are looking for Compass go for MT. If you really need an AT pick up Skoda Octavia.
Never look at AT in a Compass, as it is very boring to drive when compared to DSG's from Skoda/VW's.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 4th May 2021 at 11:51.
Ramsagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 09:29   #210
BHPian

So my car got finally allocated (it only took them about 4.5 months ) in the middle of the lockdown in Maharashtra. Now the car is at the factory and not yet dispatched to Mumbai. Even if it gets dispatched to Mumbai, the RTO is closed till May 15th and when it opens there is going to be a huge backlog of vehicle registration and I am guessing the process will take another week or two post lockdown! Meanwhile the dealer is indeed asking for the payment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks