Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2021, 11:49   #16
BHPian

Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Congratulations on purchase of your New jeep compass 4x4 AT. This colour looks amazing and interior quality has improved by miles from the pre facelift model. I too was in the market for compact premium SUV in january this year. Just like you, narrowed down to two options Jeep compass and Hyundai Tucson. Went ahead with the Hyundai Tucson due to its wonderful Engine Gearbox combination. Compass is a great car but its gearbox was a let down for me as i could not digest paying 30 big ones for a lethargic gearbox.
LONG_TOURER is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 11:50   #17
BHPian

Excellent review!
Jeep compass AT is definitely a better upgrade from Polo.
Very good driving dynamics and have got all the essential features plus you have the AWD in case you require it.
Wishing you many safe and happy miles ahead

Congrats for Car & Marriage
Ranjith812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 11:59   #18
BHPian

I am looking forward to the wireless Android Auto/Apple Car Play which Jeep has provided in the Sport Variant itself. Does it have voice recognition as well?

What are some of the fun Andorid Auto use cases apart from Navigation?

Can my kid watch Netflix or YouTube?
abhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 12:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post
So two factors in play here
1. Faster battery drain because of wireless connections between the phone and the car's infotainment system.
2. The slow output of wireless charges in general

Always better to use a wire to charge, given the state of the wireless charging technology.

That's why I feel, features such as these are gimmicks.
Thank you sir. I thought so too. While looking for a car, new features like wireless charging and air purifier were the new add ons. I don't look at these as features, they are gimmicks that are widely advertised as selling points.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 12:08   #20
BHPian

Congrats on the Jeep! I have had my eye on this variant from the time it was launched. The only thing pulling me back is the rather steep price of almost 40L. Will be following this thread closely though. Who knows some day I might spring for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post

The new steering wheel is small and is nice to hold. The controls on the left side are for the digital instrument cluster and the controls on the right are for cruise control.
Don't see the volume/music controls on the steering wheel. Do they still have these located behind the steering wheel? Typical of the Chrysler family. I think it's quite a clever usage of space.
alphahere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 13:24   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post

So two factors in play here
1. Faster battery drain because of wireless connections between the phone and the car's infotainment system.
2. The slow output of wireless charges in general

Always better to use a wire to charge, given the state of the wireless charging technology.

That's why I feel, features such as these are gimmicks.
Also don't forget the alignment with charger which is important for most efficient charging. With state of roads that we have in most places here, a few bumps on the road will probably displace the phone from its charging position despite the great suspension that compass has.
scarezebra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 14:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
I am looking forward to the wireless Android Auto/Apple Car Play which Jeep has provided in the Sport Variant itself. Does it have voice recognition as well?

Wireless AA/AC is the same as regular AA/AC except that it takes out the need to connect a wire. Voice commands works for the apps supported by AA/AC. For e.g - You can send a whatsapp message by saying out what you want to send & to whom you want to send it. [I found it quite complex].

My understanding is Netflix/Youtube won't be allowed on your infotainment screen as this distracts the driver. This is why even typing a whatsapp message is not allowed.

In future if Rear Seat Entertainment comes, they would allow streaming of videos.
slayer23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 15:11   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Well I'd say the most fun use case of Android Auto would be to get it to play the music you like, turn on Do Not Disturb for calls and messages and enjoy the drive, especially if you're in a Jeep Compass.
fast&curious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 15:38   #24
NTO
BHPian

That is a beautiful Compass to complement the start of a beautiful new life. Congratulations on the car and the wedding

Compass is unique among the others as it has a potent diesel engine, good amount of gizmos to give you the go anywhere ability, not so huge dimensions to have you manoeuvre easily anywhere and the Taut handling that many hatchback and sedans can envy. Also, with the new update, the sense of upmarket feel you get in the compass is unmatched.

Still there is no denying the fact that Compass is easily overpriced by 3 - 4 lacs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post

Driving & performance

Another issue that I noticed is that the car holds on to gear for a few seconds even after the throttle input is reduced, this is irritating as we are burning fuel for absolutely no reason.
Coming to this point, are you referring to the engine holding on to the revs for a few seconds after you've lifted off? If yes, I believe, it is a characteristic of the multijet diesel engine. I have noticed it in a Friend's Harrier and in my Punto as well.

Last edited by NTO : 9th March 2021 at 15:42.
NTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 16:11   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
Congrats Navneeth! For Car & Marriage!

Did you finally do a PDI before registration? did you find any issues?

Can you please tell which Insurance company insured your car?
Yes, did a quick PDI when the car arrived in Calicut. There were no issues.
I haven't checked the insurance documents yet ( I know I should ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
1. Do you see the noise insulation is a step up from previous generation? I found the BS4 Compass to be noisier than other diesels.
2. If you can compare the automatic box to another mainstream car, which one would that be?
1. I haven't driven the previous generation Compass diesel extensively. The noise insulation on the new Compass is excellent, the engine is very noisy if we open the windows.
2. Haven't driven any cars with similar auto boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
why is the wireless charging so slow? Did you speak to Jeep about it yet?
I asked the service center, they haven't responded yet. It's slow probably because wireless Carplay drains the battery quickly. I will try charging without enabling Carplay.

Quote:
Does it have voice recognition as well?

a) There is a dedicated button for Siri/Google assistant on the steering.
b) I mostly use Carplay for just music and Google maps.
c) No, I do not think that's legal in India. Youtube music is available on Carplay but you cannot play the videos. Also, I am not sure if the kids will be able to view the screen clearly if they are on backseats. A tablet attached to the backside of the front seats might be better for the entertainment of kids as it won't distract the driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
Don't see the volume/music controls on the steering wheel. Do they still have these located behind the steering wheel?
Yes, the controls for music are behind the steering wheel. It's very easy to use but I would prefer paddle shifters behind the steering wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTO View Post
Coming to this point, are you referring to the engine holding on to the revs for a few seconds after you've lifted off?
No, I meant that the gearbox holds on to a gear for a couple of seconds before shifting up.

Last edited by navaneeth : 9th March 2021 at 16:13.
navaneeth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 16:15   #26
AZT
BHPian

Fantastic color. Seen so many Red and White of these, a color like this makes you stand out. When you started looking at the Skoda Superb it was a good twist to the story Haha
AZT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 16:18   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Navaneeth on your Marriage and Compass and also the first Compass facelift ownership thread!
The New facelifted Compass is a looker in that blue colour and the new interiors also look fine! By the way, amazing house and nice dog too (I had one exactly like him till 2 years back when he passed away due to old age)
Wish you many years of happy ownership with the your new Compass and happy driving!

Last edited by Behemoth : 9th March 2021 at 16:24.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 18:48   #28
BHPian

Wow! Congratulations navaneeth for marriage as well as Compass. Wonderful review of a beautiful car. New Compass is definitely a step up in terms of features. Feature distribution is quite good and you have got the best of lot! Happy miles
Old 9th March 2021, 19:51   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Brilliantly written. Unlike many, I think there is room for a compact 4x4 car. Compass is the only one, even though the price is high.
=====
A general question to all- Quite a bit of near new Jeep Compass vehicles come for resale. Just check olx or any other marketplace. What could be the reason?
The only reason that I can think of is due to their extremely poor service. Just look at the number of complaints in jeep twitter handle. Customers are literally taken for a ride. I am one such victim.
ChidSrini75 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 20:33   #30

Congrats on the car and all the best for your marriage. Beautiful color. Good to see lot of features provided in the indian version. Enjoy many more miles
ssadasiv is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks