Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2021, 19:07   #46
pms
BHPian

Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Congratulations! Blue shade looks absolutely ravishing, I think Compass is one of those few vehicles which looks amazing in all shades. Wish you miles of safe drive!

Wanted to check, you mentioned about petrol automatic struggling through ghat sections. Is it due to the initial lag or vehicle taking time to slot to lower gears? Was bit surprised as even the petrol has good power figures of 160 BHP. I dont have that experience of driving automatics, but in my short test drive of Compass petrol and diesel auto, felt the lag to be similar when you slow down and try to pick up the pace.

I am really impressed with Compass petrol automatic for its refinement and was considering for a probable upgrade, but your experience with it on inclines is worrying. Would be great if you or other members in this forum can throw some more light on this, that would really help me.

Last but not the least, wish you a happy married life Navaneeth!

Last edited by pms : 11th March 2021 at 19:10.
Old 11th March 2021, 20:47   #47
BHPian

i am thinking of plunging into Petrol Auto (limited) but scared of the low mileage. I am not a very aggressive driver and i don't want to stretch my budget to diesel limited more so because i don't need a 4X4. Any suggestions to take me out of this conundrum?
Old 11th March 2021, 23:26   #48
BHPian

More clicks from the recent drive to Allepey.
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-56.jpg
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-51.jpg
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-52.jpg
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-53.jpg
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-54.jpg
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-55.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The JEEPLIFE app is the connected car tech for Jeep India it seems.
I have been trying to get this app working every day since the day I got the car. The app wouldn't let me pass the initial screen with an error "Invalid VIN". This issue was fixed a few days back but now I am stuck at a new error while entering the IMEI ( tried both scanning the QR that came with the car & manually entering the IMEI number ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post

Wanted to check, you mentioned about petrol automatic struggling through ghat sections. Is it due to the initial lag or vehicle taking time to slot to lower gears? Was bit surprised as even the petrol has good power figures of 160 BHP. I dont have that experience of driving automatics, but in my short test drive of Compass petrol and diesel auto, felt the lag to be similar when you slow down and try to pick up the pace.

I am really impressed with Compass petrol automatic for its refinement and was considering for a probable upgrade, but your experience with it on inclines is worrying. Would be great if you or other members in this forum can throw some more light on this, that would really help me.
I think its due to the lesser torque of the petrol engine. The engine feels very strained under hard acceleration and on steep inclines. It will still manage to climb any incline that you throw at it, but the diesel engine feels more relaxed in the same situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoo View Post
i am thinking of plunging into Petrol Auto (limited) but scared of the low mileage. I am not a very aggressive driver and i don't want to stretch my budget to diesel limited more so because i don't need a 4X4. Any suggestions to take me out of this conundrum?
If low mileage, I think petrol AT makes more sense than diesel AT.
navaneeth is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 00:55   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Congratulations! Blue shade looks absolutely ravishing, I think Compass is one of those few vehicles which looks amazing in all shades. Wish you miles of safe drive!

Last but not the least, wish you a happy married life Navaneeth!
We just got the Limited petrol automatic delivered . While I have yet to take it to ghats , have driven in on steep slopes in our neighborhood and it breezes through just fine. One just needs to know the throttle response. It took me a day to get the hang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post

I have been trying to get the app working every day since the day since delivery. The app wouldn't let me pass the initial screen with an error "Invalid VIN". This issue was fixed a few days back but now I am stuck at a new error while entering the IMEI ( tried both scanning the QR that came with the car & manually entering the IMEI number ). on

Fabulous Blue Congratulations Navaneeth. We had major difficulties in choosing between blue and green - finally went for Green.

Ditto here on the app.Have been trying everyday since the day I got delivery. The QR scan says inventory not found . SA says the invoice details need to get synced in the system.

In my limited Techno green- I find the dial to change display brightness too sensitive to touch. Its almost as if it has only two levels (binary switch like) rather than gradient levels, which would be expected of a dial. The neighboring dial for headlight leveling works fine. Did you experience something similar.
CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 01:22   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoo View Post
I booked the Anniversary edition petrol auto on 15th feb. Did you check out the tan interiors of limited variant in person? I think you can easily expect 8-9 km/l.Diesel auto is way too expensive and I myself never required 4x4. Took 2 test drives. Gurgaon test drive was simply amazing as there were open roads and hardly any traffic.Petrol automatic was silent and really loved the overall feel of the car. I felt the steering was bit too light for my liking. During my Delhi test drive which was in heavy traffic, car did feel a bit jerky at super slow speeds and I could feel the lag as well. Maybe you should wait for the aircross pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post
We just got the Limited petrol automatic delivered . While I have yet to take it to ghats , have driven in on steep slopes in our neighborhood and it breezes through just fine. One just needs to know the throttle response. It took me a day to get the hang.
Many congratulations! Wish you a lot of happy miles with the car. Looking forward to your initial driving impressions. What’s the fuel efficiency like?

MOD NOTE - Please use space after a punctuation mark.

Last edited by Sheel : 12th March 2021 at 08:57. Reason: Mod note attached.
Sahil_Gurgaon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 02:08   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil_Gurgaon View Post

Many congratulations! Wish you a lot of happy miles with the car.Looking forward to your initial driving impressions.What’s the fuel efficiency like?
Horrible traffic- not going over 35 kms/ hr - 7-8 km/lit. Took her out for 30 mins Freeway drive 12.5 kms/lit.

I am writing on the process of zeroing in on Jeep Compass to the purchasing and initial driving experience. Hope to post it soon.
CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 10:19   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil_Gurgaon View Post
My insurance is from Tata AIG.It costed me 58500 for zero dep including consumables.Zero dep without consumables was around 50k.Do not forget to take the extended warranty.
Hi Sahil, could you please share your insurance details - which plan? IDV? etc. I checked with Tata Aig as well (all my cars have Tata AiG) and they are quoting 62K for the Pearl Plan and 71K for the one with consumables, return to invoice, etc.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 14:08   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hi Sahil, could you please share your insurance details - which plan? IDV? etc. I checked with Tata Aig as well (all my cars have Tata AiG) and they are quoting 62K for the Pearl Plan and 71K for the one with consumables, return to invoice, etc.
Just got a call from the dealer. Car will be delivered to me next week. Will share final invoice and exact insurance details once everything is confirmed and paid.

MOD NOTE - Please use space after a punctuation mark. Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 13th March 2021 at 09:32. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 12th March 2021, 15:47   #54
BHPian

Navaneeth: Many congratulations on your new car. It looks really fabulous and makes me to double think if its Green or Blue. I have booked for a Techno Green which is expected closer to end of April. My point is not to sound little inauspicious when you have bought your new car, but wanted to check what's are the steps that you have taken in order to secure your car. I can see from the pictures, that you stay in an individual house and I hope you will be locking your gate during nights. But given the news of Jeep Compass theft in Delhi and the harrowing account of Dineshsha's loss of his Innova, on the forum, I am sure the question is not inappropriate and should be in every owners mind. Did you have a chance to speak to the Jeep guys to understand the security measure which are in place and also did you get the RTI cover in your insurance. Since I am coming from Vento which uses a key and there is no keyless, i was a bit intrigued if the technology is really fool proof.
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 23:56   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
wanted to check what's are the steps that you have taken in order to secure your car. I can see from the pictures, that you stay in an individual house and I hope you will be locking your gate during nights. But given the news of Jeep Compass theft in Delhi and the harrowing account of Dineshsha's loss of his Innova, on the forum, I am sure the question is not inappropriate and should be in every owners mind. Did you have a chance to speak to the Jeep guys to understand the security measure which are in place and also did you get the RTI cover in your insurance.
I still believe both the thefts that you mentioned involves someone who is an insider, otherwise, we would already have a thread with the title " Compasses and Innovas disappears from all over the world "

Steps that I have taken:
Parking at my home in Calicut is safe as the gate is secured by lock and my dog
I am planning to move to Bangalore in a month or two since my wife's office might become functional soon. My plan is to find an apartment for rent in a gated community.
Whenever I travel, I usually find hotels with proper parking areas within the property. It's better to spend in a better hotel than worrying the whole night about the car parked on road.

I am not sure if my insurance has RTI cover, it did not cross my mind to ask about RTI cover.

The car comes with geofencing features ( as part of connected car stuff). But I am not sure if I should use those features or any feature of the app. It's been a while since the car and app were launched but FCA hasn't managed to even get the basics working. If it takes weeks to get the basics right, I am curious how much time the developers might have spent on making the system secure. I will comment on the geofencing features once I can get the app working.
navaneeth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 14:19   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
The car comes with geofencing features ( as part of connected car stuff). But I am not sure if I should use those features or any feature of the app. It's been a while since the car and app were launched but FCA hasn't managed to even get the basics working. If it takes weeks to get the basics right, I am curious how much time the developers might have spent on making the system secure. I will comment on the geofencing features once I can get the app working.
Thanks Navaneeth. Looking forward to your review on the geofencing features after you get the app running. Yes, I agree that its not an universal feature of Compass or Innova disappearing, but what makes me worry is that it makes our car vulnerable. Also this can happen to cars which have keys also, but the ease in which the cars have disappeared makes me worried. Any ways, hopefully its addressed by Geofencing.
Ps: I park on the road as my apartment has parking system where people need to take out the car, unless I am last to park. May be that a reason why, I became Paranoid

Last edited by vb-saan : 13th March 2021 at 14:44. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Old 13th March 2021, 16:11   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hi Navaneeth. Many many congratulations on the exact variant I 'want'. But my VFM brain cells are currently not very convinced with the pricing. Regardless, I test drove the 4x4 diesel auto today (this is my second time) and I was just not comfortable driving the car. I don't know what it was. Enough has been said about the diesel auto box and engine combo so I am not going to start again. The last time I test drove a car I really wanted to buy was the octavia 1.8 TSI and i was over the moon after the TD. Not because how good the car was but because I felt at home when driving. It felt like I have been driving the car for ages. But the diesel auto just did not do it for me. I want a 4x4 auto box and the Compass would have been perfect.

I am waiting for the diesel manual TD now. Let's see how it pans out. Most probably, I will end up with a limited diesel manual and a left knee pain.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th March 2021 at 22:00. Reason: Typo
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 22:08   #58
BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations Navaneeth to both of you for a very happy nuptial life! You and your wife could not have asked for a better companion than the Jeep Compass to celebrate your marriage. Your car looks fabulous in Galaxy Blue. Since I am also contemplating to book the Manual Diesel S Variant in the very same colour, have been glued to this thread and have been reading the intriguing discussions. Though we have not seen the Techno Green colour in person but my wife has already approved and confirmed the Galaxy Blue as her choice.
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 14:55   #59
BHPian

Upon booking, all i got is the receipt for the payment made. My SA sent a screenshot of his entry in salesforce and a verbal commitment of 1 month delivery.

Should i be chasing anything else? When can i expect a message from Jeep that my booking has been received or something on those lines which seems more official?
Old 14th March 2021, 14:59   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
Should i be chasing anything else? When can i expect a message from Jeep that my booking has been received or something on those lines which seems more official?
I remember getting an SMS with a booking number. Not sure if it was sent by FCA or the dealership. Which variant/color did you book?

Most Viewed