Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2021, 22:58   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 47
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post
5. Mid March 2021 - SA: We do not know when it will happen. Allocation could be any moment now. Meanwhile if you want LIMITED/Anniversary edition is RED or Grey we have ready stock!
The message that I got from the SA is also consistent. I have booked for a Techno Green 80th anniversary edition and was promised the delivery by end of April when I booked. The SA called me to physically inspect the Techno Green on the petrol S variant which was ready for delivery. He indicated to me that my ETA could be pushed to 15 May. He told me that if I can move to red or Grey colour, I can expect deliveries within a week to ten days. I feel that my car would take the end of May for allotment

Last edited by ampere : 21st March 2021 at 14:51. Reason: fixed quote tag
Lalitha Venkat is offline  
Old 17th March 2021, 00:04   #92
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 15
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Gee Thanks for giving me hope. Your Jeep looks simply stupendous I was informed today by an unofficial, but accurate source that delivery by all probability would be around 2nd week of April. That doesn't seem too far off, so I guess I can wait
Is this in particular about your booking or do you have some insight into Techno Green production lot too? My SA said that the cars are being produced in lots according to their color, so maybe we all get ours assigned accordingly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
The message that I got from the SA is also consistent. I have booked for a Techno Green 80th anniversary edition and was promised the delivery by end of April when I booked. The SA called me to physically inspect the Techno Green on the petrol S variant which was ready for delivery. He indicated to me that my ETA could be pushed to 15 May. He told me that if I can move to red or Grey colour, I can expect deliveries within a week to ten days. I feel that my car would take the end of May for allotment
When did you make the booking, if you don't mind me asking, and what was the initial time frame in weeks given to you by your SA at the time of booking?
jeeplife_newbie is offline  
Old 17th March 2021, 06:19   #93
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 47
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie View Post
Is this in particular about your booking or do you have some insight into Techno Green production lot too? My SA said that the cars are being produced in lots according to their color, so maybe we all get ours assigned accordingly?



When did you make the booking, if you don't mind me asking, and what was the initial time frame in weeks given to you by your SA at the time of booking?
My booking was made on the first of March. The SA told me that my delivery would be around end of April. In sum and substance, when I asked him why Green was getting delayed, his sources indicated to him that, there was a lot of demand in the lower variants which were taken up for production initially, and those did not have the Green or Blue colors. Not sure how production is scheduled at the FCA plant. But one thing I noted on both my visits was that there were a lot of people around to see the vehicles and there was booking required for TD. Maybe SIAM data in March should throw out the units sold. That will throw light on whether the delay is due to demand or if itís due to an early launch ahead of competition.
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 10:06   #94
BHPian
 
fast&curious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Gurugram
Posts: 67
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Got this message from Jeep some time ago.

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-7f4dd0e1b3324fe3b0672a14b3c4e65e.png

They very strongly recommend their own Ad Blue. Although since it comes at nominal rates it seems like a genuine move from them.

Iíve driven my Compass for about 6600 km and have had to refill about 13 litres of ad blue so far, which to my mind is very high consumption. Does the consumption get any better from here or will it stay similar, if other Jeepers have experience?
fast&curious is offline  
Old 17th March 2021, 10:30   #95
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 83
Thanked: 154 Times
Default Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post
Got this message from Jeep some time ago.

Attachment 2133521

They very strongly recommend their own Ad Blue. Although since it comes at nominal rates it seems like a genuine move from them.

I’ve driven my Compass for about 6600 km and have had to refill about 13 litres of ad blue so far, which to my mind is very high consumption. Does the consumption get any better from here or will it stay similar, if other Jeepers have experience?
How much does it cost?

I have also booked my Galaxy Blue (Diesel Ltd Manual) on March 7 but it has been more than 10 days and the dealer is afraid of committing on the timelines. After multiple confrontations he has agreed to give me a date by end of this week. I will keep everyone posted. I wanted it before April 13 but looks like considering the delay I will not be given what I was committed at the time of booking.

Last edited by abhatt : 17th March 2021 at 10:33.
abhatt is offline  
Old 17th March 2021, 12:52   #96
BHPian
 
navaneeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: BLR/PNQ/COK
Posts: 106
Thanked: 707 Times
Default Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys who have got the delivery or anyone else, could you please share the insurance quotes you got along with the model/IDV and name of the insurance co.? I got the above quote which I think is a bit on the higher side. Thanks.
Got the zero dep, cashless insurance from the dealer for 75k. IDV is 27 lacs & insurer is oriental insurance.
navaneeth is offline  
Old 17th March 2021, 12:58   #97
Senior - BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata/NCR
Posts: 1,287
Thanked: 875 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
Got the zero dep, cashless insurance from the dealer for 75k. IDV is 27 lacs & insurer is oriental insurance.

Thanks Navaneeth.

That's a good deal. Does it cover engine protection and return to invoice as well?
Pancham is online now  
Old 17th March 2021, 15:54   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 39
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys who have got the delivery or anyone else, could you please share the insurance quotes you got along with the model/IDV and name of the insurance co.? I got the above quote which I think is a bit on the higher side. Thanks.
I got a INR 50k discount on INR 120000 quote . Cashless, engine cover, consumables , zero dep , three year third party cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie View Post
Is this in particular about your booking or do you have some insight into Techno Green production lot too? My SA said that the cars are being produced in lots according to their color, so maybe we all get ours assigned accordingly?
I asked about the production cadence. It is variant and then color . So all Sports and Longitude variants are getting produced first in the colors then they move to other variants. The dealers have been expected to push the sports and Longitude - as better options to the C2 segment SUVs - I.e Creta / seltos . They are under pressure to convert a Creta / Seltos buyer to Compass Jeeper - by spending a couple of lacs more. These in Sales terms would be the fence hitters and customers who would be classified as the contemplaters - the difficult ones. The already convinced ones- FCA may be expecting them to buy (and wait ) for S and 80th Anniversary - for the Black interiors and extra features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
Congrats, green looks fantastic !

Quick question, Are there any rattles coming from the dashboard?
None.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
My booking was made on the first of March. The SA told me that my delivery would be around end of April. In sum and substance, when I asked him why Green was getting delayed, his sources indicated to him that, there was a lot of demand in the lower variants which were taken up for production initially, and those did not have the Green or Blue colors. Not sure how production is scheduled at the FCA plant. But one thing I noted on both my visits was that there were a lot of people around to see the vehicles and there was booking required for TD. Maybe SIAM data in March should throw out the units sold. That will throw light on whether the delay is due to demand or if it’s due to an early launch ahead of competition.
I too had this question. I was curious as I got the Limited Techno Green in quick time. The SA said we were the only one booking a limited in Techno Green . 60 percent booking of Technogteen were in S and 80th Anniversary edition.

Last edited by ampere : 21st March 2021 at 14:52. Reason: removed unwanted quote tags
CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 16:10   #99
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 39
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Just got this from dealer- it is the message FCA has sent the Sales team.

Good evening team,

This is a reminder message. Kindly read it completely.

I suggest you to do the following during the vehicle delivery, in relation to JEEPLIFE app.

1) During the delivery, we all must help the customer in installing and activating JEEPLIFE app.

2) Once you help the customer with installation and activation, you shall create a phonebook entry/create a contact in customer's mobile with the name of JEEPLIFE.

3) Save the following in that contact:
A) Customer care number i.e. 1800-266-5337
B) Customer support email address i.e. :- service.indiajeep@stellantis.com & jeepcallcentre.india@fcagroup.com
C) IMEI number of the Jeeplife connectivity device that is written at the back side of device box.

4) Educate the customer about call centre support.

Following are the do's and don'ts.

DO's:
Do ensure that the vehicle details like VIN, Customer Name, contact Number & email id are the same in salesforce data (when customer is signing up).

Do ensure that customer downloads the correct app (by typing in "Jeeplife" - one word without space in App store/Playstore).

Do ensure correct VIN entry into App during sign-in/ first initiation (Jeeplife App to vehicle)
Do ensure that vehicle is showing as delivered in Salesforce (Gate pass/Delivery/retail - showing as completed in system).

Do ensure that the vehicle (engine is on) is in "started" condition but static.


DON'TS:
Do not attempt first initiation when the vehicle is in motion.
Do not attempt first initiation when the vehicle engine is in "off" condition (If delivery is happening inside showroom, the vehicle can be driven out into porch area of Dealership and first initiation can be tried by keeping the vehicle static
Do not register/try first initiation of saleable vehicle on individual device (SC should only have Jeep life app paired with Dealer Demo vehicles on his /her phone).


** First Initiation means = First time pairing of Jeeplife app on customer Phone to his/her new Jeep Compass**
CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 18:38   #100
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 15
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys who have got the delivery or anyone else, could you please share the insurance quotes you got along with the model/IDV and name of the insurance co.? I got the above quote which I think is a bit on the higher side. Thanks.
My SA in Chandigarh quoted me Rs. 72,885 for Mopar Comprehensive Insurance which includes depcap, consumables and cashless, and said that they'll throw in Zero Dep in the same price. That's for the petrol anniversary edition, but the zero dep offer was for all variants across the board I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post
I asked about the production cadence. It is variant and then color. So all Sports and Longitude variants are getting produced first in the colors then they move to other variants. The dealers have been expected to push the sports and Longitude - as better options to the C2 segment SUVs - I.e Creta / seltos. They are under pressure to convert a Creta / Seltos buyer to Compass Jeeper - by spending a couple of lacs more. These in Sales terms would be the fence hitters and customers who would be classified as the contemplaters - the difficult ones. The already convinced ones- FCA may be expecting them to buy (and wait ) for S and 80th Anniversary - for the Black interiors and extra features.
I think that makes a lot more sense, even when I went for the test drive, there was about an hour's waiting to get one on the Limited variant and quite a lot of people were there for the Sport and Longitude variants.
jeeplife_newbie is offline  
Old 17th March 2021, 21:29   #101
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 83
Thanked: 154 Times
Default Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

I got 74k for Zero Dep and Consumables with IDV of 21.36 for Limited Diesel from Digit.

I see there is a room for 5 - 10k here or atleast get more add ons like engine cover.
abhatt is offline  
Old 18th March 2021, 13:23   #102
Senior - BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata/NCR
Posts: 1,287
Thanked: 875 Times
Default Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post
I got a INR 50k discount on INR 120000 quote . Cashless, engine cover, consumables , zero dep , three year third party cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie View Post
My SA in Chandigarh quoted me Rs. 72,885 for Mopar Comprehensive Insurance which includes depcap, consumables and cashless, and said that they'll throw in Zero Dep in the same price. That's for the petrol anniversary edition, but the zero dep offer was for all variants across the board I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
I got 74k for Zero Dep and Consumables with IDV of 21.36 for Limited Diesel from Digit.

I see there is a room for 5 - 10k here or atleast get more add ons like engine cover.
So I see the dealer is offering both Mopar and other insurance co.s? What is the difference between Mopar or any other company like Oriental? Will Mopar be more seamless and convenient?

I checked with Tata Aig and they are quoting 62K for the Pearl Plan with zero depreciation and 71K for the one with consumables, return to invoice, etc. This is for diesel longitude ~ IDV 19.4L.

Last edited by Pancham : 18th March 2021 at 13:25.
Pancham is online now  
Old 18th March 2021, 19:53   #103
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Delhi NCR
Posts: 15
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
So I see the dealer is offering both Mopar and other insurance co.s? What is the difference between Mopar or any other company like Oriental? Will Mopar be more seamless and convenient?

I checked with Tata Aig and they are quoting 62K for the Pearl Plan with zero depreciation and 71K for the one with consumables, return to invoice, etc. This is for diesel longitude ~ IDV 19.4L.
The way that my SA explained it to me, it is quite a seamless service. He said that it's cashless across all jeep dealerships in India, no insurance adjuster needed, they'll just start the work on the car when they get it in. I also got a quote from policybazaar, they said that the IDV will be 95% of the ex-showroom price and the policy was for 38000 comprehensive 1+3 bundle and zero dep for an extra 8000-9000 from HDFC Ergo, which also offered cashless claims.
jeeplife_newbie is offline  
Old 19th March 2021, 13:00   #104
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 47
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Folks how are planning to buy a Jeep Compass Petrol, should sincerely evaluate Kushaq's top end variant. It's got a powerful engine, ventilated seats, subwoofer, wireless charging, sunroof and above all a 1.5L TSI engine mated to DSG. The engine and gear box combination was good on the VW T-Roc. Looks like a good 6L-7L savings may be possible based on market pricing rumor. I am not sure how Skoda will compete with the breadth of Hyundai's service, but I am sure it will be if not at par, better than Jeeps breadth. I am not getting into quality of service comparison as I have not owned any of the brands
Lalitha Venkat is offline  
Old 19th March 2021, 14:12   #105
BHPian
 
Harsha89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 57
Thanked: 107 Times
Default Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
Folks how are planning to buy a Jeep Compass Petrol, should sincerely evaluate Kushaq's top end variant.
In my opinion, the Kushaq isn't even in direct competiton to the Creta top end variant. There are a lot of features missing, including some vital ones like rear disc brakes. The interiors though designed well, has hard plastics all around and looks basic. The Compass is atleast 2-3 levels above it. Not to forget, the buyer has to contend with Skoda ASS and the DQ200 gearbox.
If I was looking to buy a Skoda SUV/Crossover, I would wait my luck out, for the Kamiq.
Harsha89 is offline   (6) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks