Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2021, 15:32   #61
BHPian

Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
I remember getting an SMS with a booking number. Not sure if it was sent by FCA or the dealership. Which variant/color did you book?
Can you check/confirm please? My dealer is acting weird.

Booked Galaxy blue Diesel Limited Manual
Old 14th March 2021, 16:04   #62
BHPian

Installed 3M nomad mats

3M nomad mats that I installed in my Polo 5 years ago are still in good condition. It looks like a simple floor mat, it's durable and traps small particles like mud really well, and keeps the floor clean. I did a little research on mats that are being called 3d, 7d, 12d, etc but did not like the design of any of those.

The installation was done at 3M Kochi ( NH-47, near Aluva ). It took only 30 minutes to install and the cost was Rs 7,400. As you can see from the photos before installation, the floor was very dirty, 3M guys vacuumed the floor perfectly before the installation
¸
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-51.jpeg
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-57.jpeg
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-53.jpeg
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-52.jpeg
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-55.jpeg
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-54.jpeg
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-59.jpeg
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-56.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
Can you check/confirm please? My dealer is acting weird.

Booked Galaxy blue Diesel Limited Manual
Sorry, I am unable to see the messages from last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post
In my limited Techno green- I find the dial to change display brightness too sensitive to touch. Its almost as if it has only two levels (binary switch like) rather than gradient levels, which would be expected of a dial. The neighboring dial for headlight leveling works fine. Did you experience something similar.
No, the dial for changing the DID brightness works just like the dial for headlight leveling.

Last edited by navaneeth : 14th March 2021 at 16:07.
navaneeth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 16:16   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
I still believe both the thefts that you mentioned involves someone who is an insider, otherwise, we would already have a thread with the title " Compasses and Innovas disappears from all over the world "
Did you manage to get the app working? Mine is still stuck at IMEI.. VIN resolved couple of days back..

Last edited by ampere : 21st March 2021 at 14:47. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 14th March 2021, 16:28   #64
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car and wish you a very happy married life.

The new Compass has a very nice dashboard and quality is excellent. This new paint job also looks upmarket. My only gripe is this new digital instrument cluster. Call me old school but I like the traditional non digital dial setup. The problem aggravates because of the poor quality lcd screen that has lot of backlight bleeding that doesn't look good at night. I just wonder why cars that cost 30 lakh can't get LED instrument cluster screen (that produces real black screen) when 30k phones have them. I'm curious how long lasting or reliable these new digital screens will be. Imagine changing the instrument cluster in a 5-6 years old car that's going to cost 40-50k just because the lcd is dead like a laptop or mobile phone.

Sorry for going off topic. Wish you many happy miles ahead.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 16:34   #65

After a make over. S- 1.4 DDCT Petrol
Attached Thumbnails
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-1.jpeg  

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-2.jpeg  

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-3.jpeg  

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-4.jpeg  

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-5.jpeg  

shaju13b is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 16:37   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaju13b View Post
Did you manage to get the app working? Mine is still stuck at IMEI.. VIN resolved couple of days back..
No, I updated the app (ios) yesterday morning, and now I am getting a different error message ( " Please check your internet connection " ) while submitting the IMEI number. That's a very dumb error message, I tried submitting using both WiFi & 4G and also tried both scanning the QR & entering the IMEI manually. I got a few calls from the dealership but they are helpless too and asked me to report the issue to FCA by email. I think no one was able to get the app ( connected features part ) working.

This nonsense reminds me of myself a decade ago trying to learn mobile app development

The app is available on App Store through the account of "VentureForm Software Private Limited". Can't FCA afford their own developer account? Is this even the official app?

Last edited by navaneeth : 14th March 2021 at 16:38.
Old 14th March 2021, 18:03   #67

Congratulations on the new Compass

I am awaiting mine to get delivered in another 10 days (Exotic Red 2.0 Diesel Manual Limited(O) Variant)

Had a question about the Geofencing and Engine Immobilizer features that seem to come built-in on the Limited & the S variants... how effective are these features?
Ii spoke to a few fellow Jeepers in Thane/Mumbai, most of them told me that they have had issues with the App for quite sometime.

MOD NOTE - Use CAPITAL letters where required.
- Proof-Read your posts to correct Language & Grammatical errors.

- Use the right punctuation.

- Use spaces properly (between sentences as well as paragraphs).

Last edited by ampere : 21st March 2021 at 14:48. Reason: Mod note attached.; removed non-forum emojis
Shaq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 18:37   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaq View Post
congratulations on the new Compass
The app is not fully functional yet and this is the feedback from most Jeepers. Haven't come across anyone who got this to work yet. The Connected car features are not working yet.

Last edited by ampere : 21st March 2021 at 14:49. Reason: Quoted post is edited. Thanks.; removed non-forum emojis
shaju13b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 23:42   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
Upon booking, all i got is the receipt for the payment made. My SA sent a screenshot of his entry in salesforce and a verbal commitment of 1 month delivery.

Should i be chasing anything else? When can i expect a message from Jeep that my booking has been received or something on those lines which seems more official?
Same thing happened with my booking. No confirmation was provided to me as well. Only a payment receipt was given. My car should arrive in coming week. So I think there isn’t much you should be worried about. Just keep checking with the dealer from time to time and you should be good to go.
Sahil_Gurgaon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 07:04   #70

Quote:
The app is not fully functional yet and this is the feedback from most Jeepers. Haven't come across anyone who got this to work yet. The Connected car features are not working yet.
OMG! that's a bummer... these connected app features are quiet crucial for me as my vehicle shall not be in a gated secure parking all the time... isn't there any way to escalate this to CFA management / any ombudsman authority?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil_Gurgaon View Post
Same thing happened with my booking.
This seems to be the common practice... I booked mine on 09/March... paid INR. 11k towards the booking amount via GPay @ the Thane dealership & I've not got the receipt of my payment yet (which I was told, i will get over email within 8 hours of making the payment)

Neither have i got to know the actual on-road cost I'm gonna pay, post the discounts, I am expecting from the insurance company, just yet.

I requested for these details twice already over call to the sales representative, but still its a no-go.

I did get 2 calls though, from a lady, doing the sales-pitch for addon accessories, which she feelt, i shud be getting @ an extra cost (mud flaps, floor mats, premium paint protection film, interior flooring lamination, underbody anti-rust treatment, car freshener, etc. - all priced @ a value, in which I will easily get to 2 Honda Activa)

Last edited by Sheel : 15th March 2021 at 17:46. Reason: Please capitalize where necessary. Thanks.
Old 15th March 2021, 12:28   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil_Gurgaon View Post
I booked the Anniversary edition petrol auto on 15th feb. Did you check out the tan interiors of limited variant in person? I think you can easily expect 8-9 km/l.Diesel auto is way too expensive and I myself never required 4x4. Took 2 test drives. Gurgaon test drive was simply amazing as there were open roads and hardly any traffic.Petrol automatic was silent and really loved the overall feel of the car. I felt the steering was bit too light for my liking. During my Delhi test drive which was in heavy traffic, car did feel a bit jerky at super slow speeds and I could feel the lag as well. Maybe you should wait for the aircross pricing.
Will speak with the dealer in gurgaon for aTD a petrol AT. I am also inclined towards the anniversary edition, but diesel AT is way to expensive and i am not able to justify the price.

Quote:
Hey Shaju13b- how has been your experience with 1.4 DDCT?

Last edited by Sheel : 15th March 2021 at 17:41. Reason: Please edit / multi-quote your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 15th March 2021, 16:53   #72
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Looks smashing!
Hows your drive experience with Petrol Automatic?
Old 15th March 2021, 17:23   #73
BHPian

Quote:
If this is true, this is really a negative against the brand for what price they're charging. When you consider that they even dedicated a marketing video clip to promote the vehicle with the connected app features, what were they thinking? Are they working in silos? Does Jeep really think they can just invent a premium position but not pay attention to detail and just outsource the app development but not have it ready for actual use?

Their Twitter timeline is full of complaints about other quality issues plus dealership and service complaints as well.

Last edited by Vandit : 15th March 2021 at 17:24. Reason: Typo
Old 15th March 2021, 18:33   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
If this is true, this is really a negative against the brand for what price they're charging. When you consider that they even dedicated a marketing video clip to promote the vehicle with the connected app features, what were they thinking? Are they working in silos? Does Jeep really think they can just invent a premium position but not pay attention to detail and just outsource the app development but not have it ready for actual use?

Their Twitter timeline is full of complaints about other quality issues plus dealership and service complaints as well.
I have been to the Dealership today and they did show me the app running for few vehicles, so I stand corrected (may be), it is working for a few vehicles. I am not too sure about all features though.
Old 15th March 2021, 18:43   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Looks smashing!
Hows your drive experience with Petrol Automatic?
Replying to nickoo too..

My experience so far has been good. I moved from Endeavour to Jeep, with a few months of Santro in between while waiting for Jeep. Can't complain, the machine is quite good. Yes, there is an initial lag, but I am ok as I am not looking for a head start in a race. There is enough and more punch when you need it. Did not find a problem with slow driving either. Overall very good initial impressions.
Mileage- Don't ask.... Well I have driven only couple of hundred kilometers and mileage is 6.5kmpl, have seen this going up point by point, possibly the initial pre-PDI drive by dealer is pulling it down (It was 5 when I took delivery).
I was blown away after a very rough Test Drive in November last year on a 2018/19 DDCT Petrol. Cancelled my booking for Seltos and converted to a Jeeper after that drive. I haven't tried that kind of drive on my car, but I am pretty confident the performance will be same..
shaju13b is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks