Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2021, 19:10   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaju13b View Post
My experience so far has been good. I moved from Endeavour to Jeep
Best wishes and congratulations for your Jeep. Wishing you many, many kilometers of joy. Since you mentioned it, Could you care to compare between the Ford Endeavour and the Compass in terms of overall cabin insulation, ride and drive feel ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
More clicks from the recent drive to Allepey.
Attachment 2131638
Navaneeth your Jeep looks absolutely fabulous. Sorry for the late wishes. Looking forward to your updates over the course of ownership. Blue colour indeed looks best in your photos as compared to official catalogue or in youtube review videos.

P.S. Thanks for accepting my follow request on Instagram. Your travel shots are indeed beautiful

Last edited by Sheel : 16th March 2021 at 09:42. Reason: Please edit / multi-quote your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Harsha89 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 01:16   #77
BHPian

Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Navaneeth your Jeep looks absolutely fabulous. Sorry for the late wishes. Looking forward to your updates over the course of ownership. Blue colour indeed looks best in your photos as compared to official catalogue or in Youtube review videos.

P.S. Thanks for accepting my follow request on Instagram. Your travel shots are indeed beautiful
Hi Harsha,

Did you get your S Techno Green delivered?
Old 16th March 2021, 06:02   #78

Quote:
Best wishes and congratulations for your Jeep. Wishing you many, many kilometers of joy. Since you mentioned it, Could you care to compare between the Ford Endeavour and the Compass in terms of overall cabin insulation, ride and drive feel ?
I am still biased towards Endeavour, it may not be a fair comparison. Few points on which I have been trying to convince myself noted below.
Endeavour had active noise Cancellation and hence the overall noise reduction was a notch better. Mine was a 3.2L, you do get an adrenaline rush if you decide to push the pedal down. That you will miss in Jeep (Petrol), acceleration is more linear I felt. Overall driving comfort and pleasure is definitely better with Endeavour. Endeavour being a big car, the second row passengers experience body roll when you take turns (sharp or lesser ones at higher speed), this is lesser in Jeep. You don't get the "glide over the road" feel that you get in endeavour with the Jeep, but it is definitely better than most of the competition including the Tucson. You get a more planted feel with Jeep than with Endeavour. I didn't use 4x4 much in Ford, so I am not going to miss that. These are minor and you won't feel these too much I think, well I haven't. I will have to see if that changes after a long drive.
shaju13b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 07:47   #79
BHPian

Quote:
After a make over. S- 1.4 DDCT Petrol
The Compass looks menacing in this colour and after a makeover as well.

Congratulations for purchasing the Compass and any reason for downgrading from Endeavour to this?
Old 16th March 2021, 07:59   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post
Hi Harsha,

Did you get your S Techno Green delivered?
Absolutely no news of the vehicle yet. Everytime I call my Sales Advisor, he is making a compass delivery and too busy to talk. I was promised a delivery date of February 2021 at the time of booking, then later it extended to "definitely" March 2021.
March is half over, and yet I have got NIL updates. I have sent a mail last night to Jeep India. Hope I get some resolution soon. I just can't understand, why there is no stocks available, for their "flagship" colour.
Harsha89 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 10:07   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely no news of the vehicle yet. Everytime I call my Sales Advisor, he is making a compass delivery and too busy to talk. I was promised a delivery date of February 2021 at the time of booking, then later it extended to "definitely" March 2021.
March is half over, and yet I have got NIL updates. I have sent a mail last night to Jeep India. Hope I get some resolution soon. I just can't understand, why there is no stocks available, for their "flagship" colour.
It is FCA. It's all FCA's fault. I guess the dominos puts more thought/planning into the delivery of a 100 rupee pizza than what FCA puts into the delivery of a 30L+ vehicle!
No use writing to Jeep India or at least that was my experience (hoping yours is a better experience), I had tweeted to them early in Feb! They give you a courtesy phone call from Pune and then speak as if they have things in control and then just write an email looping you in with the dealership email address and you are back to square one!

They think its the dealership being lax here but they don't realise that the dealership is as helpless as the customers and its FCA who needs to give updates and an ETA.

For me the chronology of dates shared were as follows:
1. Dec 2020 (while pre-booking) - Sir, you will get the car within 10 days of launch
2. Jan 2021 (after price reveal) - SA: Delivery in 2 weeks for sure
3. Feb 2021 (after Test drive and confirmation of Variant on Feb 7th, 2021 Galaxy Blue S 4x4) - SA: Delivery in Feb 2021 for sure
4. Feb 2021 (after the tweet to Jeep) - I get an email from dealership CRM that as per updates from FCA, the vehicle will come to them only in April 2021
4. Early March 2021 (when delivery pictures of every other color/variant had started popping up) - SA: CRM gave you a safe date of April but delivery will happen in March 2021 for sure
5. Mid March 2021 - SA: We do not know when it will happen. Allocation could be any moment now. Meanwhile if you want LIMITED/Anniversary edition is RED or Grey we have ready stock!

I am frustrated and am actually considering other options now! Its not the waiting that is bugging me but the complete lack of clarity and complete ***-ery from FCA's end. At least Mahindra is clear with waiting times and says there is a 8-9 month waiting period for Thar. Here FCA is acting as if they operate on the whims and fancies of a rain-god or something. It is their factory and their order book, how can they not give an ETA?

Last edited by scarezebra : 16th March 2021 at 10:12.
scarezebra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 10:59   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post
At least Mahindra is clear with waiting times and says there is a 8-9 month waiting period for Thar. Here FCA is acting as if they operate on the whims and fancies of a rain-god or something. It is their factory and their order book, how can they not give an ETA?
The one who burns knows the feeling. Its the same with Mahindra as well. People who were given delivery dates of Jan/Feb have not yet received their Thars and they are in the dark too. You are right about the lack of transparency part. That really bothers me. I have a Thar booking and was thinking of switching to the Compass but given the current scenario I think I will land on the same boat.

I am truly convinced that the Compass is a great vehicle but should I choose to chuck my Thar booking NOW, I will not book the Compass right away as:

1. Wait time will easily be more than 2months: I think Jeep and the dealers are actually taking pride in this. As if its the demand for the Compass that has led to the wait period. Its obviously the chip shortage, etc.

2. Discounts: I have seen very few sane buyers buying the Compass WITHOUT a discount. The car has always been sold at a hefty discount (~>1L). I don't want to buy it now and regret later. The discounts usually come in around 4 months after the launch. Worth the wait I think. Lets see how it pans out under the current scenario.

Last edited by Pancham : 16th March 2021 at 11:00.
Old 16th March 2021, 11:12   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post
I am frustrated and am actually considering other options now!
I am considering the Ford Endeavour 4x4 as an alternative, So I contacted the local dealer for a test drive. I was informed they have only one SUV and that one has "gone Somewhere"

I would still pursue the Ford, but one major concern is, the next generation Endeavour is slated for a 2022 launch. I don't want to buy the previous generation model, and made to look foolish, a couple of months later. This segment (30-40L) is damn hard to navigate through, primarily due to a lack of solid alternative options.
Old 16th March 2021, 13:08   #84
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have also placed a booking with WSL Jeep Chandigarh for a Techno Green 80th Anniversary Edition DDCT Petrol.

Went to Landmark Delhi for a test drive of the Limited (O) variant on 20/02/21 and fell in love with the color and was quite happy with the car, but then saw an Anniversary Edition being prepped for delivery in the same color and the different interior and decided that was the one for me. The SA in Delhi told me the waiting period for an Anniversary Edition was 40 days. Went ahead and contacted the Chandigarh dealership for a booking (the OTR price difference is quite significant) and placed it on 26/02/21 and was given a waiting period of 12 weeks in writing but the SA told me that it should not be more than 40 days. I have kept in touch with him weekly regarding any updates on VIN allocation but they have no idea as to when the Techno Green color will go into production. He told me that both Techno Green and Galaxy Blue are not being produced at the moment, but as soon as they go into production, I should get a call from them regarding allocation. I also got a call from him on 11/03/21 asking if I wanted to change the color of my booking as he had a white and a black Anniversary Edition in transit from the factory and I could get delivery in the next few days, but I stuck to the color of choice. Don't know how long the wait will last now.
Old 16th March 2021, 14:41   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you care to compare between the Ford Endeavour and the Compass in terms of overall cabin insulation, ride and drive feel ?
Quote:
I am still biased towards Endeavour, it may not be a fair comparison.
Quote:
I am considering the Ford Endeavour 4x4 as an alternative
C'mon guys! You cannot compare a full-size ladder-frame SUV to a mid-size monocoque SUV - these are completely different segments! Both will have their pros and cons. After having driven both, all I can say is that both of these are arguably the best choice in respective segments.

Quote:
one major concern is, the next generation Endeavour is slated for a 2022 launch
I would not read too much into these articles floating all over the internet. The next-gen Endeavour, even if launched in 2023 (being optimistic) will come to our shores no earlier than 2024-25. If you can suppress your itch till then, do wait it out
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 17:21   #86
BHPian

Congrats on a dual milestone Navaneet!

The color is a real treat to the eyes.. and it looks stunning..

I've always felt JC on the overpriced side no matter how good the QC and all are, and as a matter of fact, the base variant comes at a price tag of 21+ lakhs OTR which I feel is a bit on the higher side comparing the features offered with the competitors.

Additionally, the experience that I had for the initial inquiry wasn't that pleasing. Never got a test drive, price details were shared after multiple requests and the only positive thing was the SA who was very pleasing in every conversation.
subramaniamj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 21:51   #87
BHPian

Quote:
It will be worth the wait. When I got my delivery was told that S variant is delayed due to Semi conductor issues. But I can assure you- Green is awesome looking and it will be a pleasure to drive.Worth waiting. Some pics below

Also just got a call from the dealer - that invoicing has been synced and hence app should work normally. Apparently the syncing is done in lots
Attached Thumbnails
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-20210314_1752572.jpg  

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-20210315_1039012.jpg  

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-20210315_1038313.jpg  

CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 22:03   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Worth waiting. Some pics below
Gee Thanks for giving me hope. Your Jeep looks simply stupendous I was informed today by an unofficial, but accurate source that delivery by all probability would be around 2nd week of April. That doesn't seem too far off, so I guess I can wait
Harsha89 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 22:03   #89
BHPian

Quote:
It will be worth the wait.

Also just got a call from the dealer - that invoicing has been synced and hence app should work normally. Apparently the syncing is done in lots
Congrats, green looks fantastic !

Quick question, Are there any rattles coming from the dashboard?

Quote:

A Team-BHP fan (Prith Ashar) texted me on Instagram saying that he got the app working after he mailed the support team. I emailed the support (jeepcallcentre.india@fcagroup.com ) yesterday and they asked me to email the VIN & IMEI number to activate the app from their end. I got a call from the call center today evening. He said that the technical team needs more time to fix the app and meanwhile the app will be working for only a few users. Also, there is now a dedicated team at the call center for JeepLife issues ( both the guy from the call center and SA mentioned this.
navaneeth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 22:30   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hi Sahil, could you please share your insurance details - which plan? IDV? etc. I checked with Tata Aig as well (all my cars have Tata AiG) and they are quoting 62K for the Pearl Plan and 71K for the one with consumables, return to invoice, etc.
Guys who have got the delivery or anyone else, could you please share the insurance quotes you got along with the model/IDV and name of the insurance co.? I got the above quote which I think is a bit on the higher side. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks