Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2021, 17:33   #151
Senior - BHPian

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Guys I observed something different here. Based on my understanding, I knew all variants above limited (included) come with tan and black leather inserts on the dash respectively. There is a famous Jeep SA who uploaded a story on Instagram driving a petrol Compass which seems to have leather steering wheel but fabric grey inserts. I did not know this combination existed - leather steering wheel was Limited and above, no?

Last edited by Pancham : 8th April 2021 at 17:34.
Old 9th April 2021, 00:23   #152
BHPian

Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys I observed something different here. Based on my understanding, I knew all variants above limited (included) come with tan and black leather inserts on the dash respectively. There is a famous Jeep SA who uploaded a story on Instagram driving a petrol Compass which seems to have leather steering wheel but fabric grey inserts. I did not know this combination existed - leather steering wheel was Limited and above, no?
The leather on steering wheel could have been an after market job. Even I was advised by the SA while evaluating different variants that leather can be stitched to the steering wheel separately post vehicle delivery.
Old 9th April 2021, 08:45   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoter View Post
The leather on steering wheel could have been an after market job. Even I was advised by the SA while evaluating different variants that leather can be stitched to the steering wheel separately post vehicle delivery.

Yes, I thought so too. Probably it is provided as an accessory by Jeep because the vehicle was driven by an SA - probably from stockyard to the showroom. If that is the case, it looked like a very good quality leather stitched accessory.
Old 9th April 2021, 09:38   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I thought so too. Probably it is provided as an accessory by Jeep because the vehicle was driven by an SA - probably from stockyard to the showroom. If that is the case, it looked like a very good quality leather stitched accessory.
Unfortunately no, Jeep does not provide it as an accessory. However, there do seem to be decent after market options available.
Old 9th April 2021, 16:49   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoter View Post
Yeah it seems like there are quite a few after-market options going around on the facelifted variants. I recently saw a facelifted limited galaxy white variant in Noida that had the body-colored cladding all around instead of black. I was a bit confused and checked the badge again and interiors as well, which were grey and tan, confirming it was a limited. Maybe the owner got it painted from outside or something?
Old 10th April 2021, 18:57   #156
BHPian

Finally the wait is over and my vehicle has been allotted (4x4 AT Diesel, Techno green, 80th Anniversary edition). My SA informed that it is in transit, should reach Delhi by end of next week.
pankaj_9730 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 23:51   #157
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have a question for all those that have booked a compass or recently got one. What did you guys do about the logistics/handling charges that the dealers are asking for? The pricelist my SA sent me included 23800 as logistics charges and since it's getting close to getting the car now, I was wondering what to do about it. I have read a couple of times on various threads that these sorts of charges are illegal? Could somebody shed some light on it? Is it ok for them to charge it? If not, how do I get them removed?
Old 11th April 2021, 13:28   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie View Post
Hi guys,

I have a question for all those that have booked a compass or recently got one. What did you guys do about the logistics/handling charges that the dealers are asking for? The pricelist my SA sent me included 23800 as logistics charges and since it's getting close to getting the car now, I was wondering what to do about it. I have read a couple of times on various threads that these sorts of charges are illegal? Could somebody shed some light on it? Is it ok for them to charge it? If not, how do I get them removed?
I've asked this question before and I think most have just gone and paid it.

Some people have raised this to Jeep on Twitter, but the response is the same - leave your details and our team will contact you.

When I was given the quote by the SA at the showroom here, I flat out refused to accept this component as "documentation charges" and asked him to be specific on what it involved and if I would get a receipt for it. He was non committal. I told him there was no way in hell I was going to pay this. And that was the end of his interest in securing my business.
Vandit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 22:34   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie View Post
Hi guys,

If you are booking through any of Landmark dealerships in NCR, I believe they give you an option to get the registration done on your own and waive off the documentation charges (They still charge 2,500 towards the temp number plate). Not sure what is the legal position on such an approach since they have made it optional rather than compulsory.
Quoter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 12:16   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
Finally the wait is over and my vehicle has been allotted (4x4 AT Diesel, Techno green, 80th Anniversary edition). My SA informed that it is in transit, should reach Delhi by end of next week.

Mind telling us when you had booked your vehicle?
Old 12th April 2021, 12:30   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
Mind telling us when you had booked your vehicle?
I booked it on 31st Jan.
Old 12th April 2021, 12:34   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
I booked it on 31st Jan.
Congratulations on the expected delivery of your car!
snowmane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 13:13   #163
BHPian

My white anniversary edition petrol auto will be home delivered today. Had tested positive for covid and hence was unable to take delivery. I have asked them to send a car cover along as I won’t be able to drive for a few days. The fact that I can look at it gives me immense pleasure. I have attached a list of accessories that Dealership had shared. Let me know which mats I should go for. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-92a54e2846904b728364b0308b6c9d8a.jpeg  

Sahil_Gurgaon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 14:49   #164
BHPian

Congratulations!! please share some of the the pictures of your car, whenever you can, I'm also informed that the landmark guys will knock of a minimum of 10% or so on the accessory list, if you push for it.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
TRANSAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 15:32   #165
BHPian

She’s here! Pictures don’t do justice. Looks much better in person.
Attached Thumbnails
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-9270aed27bba49dcbd62ab53e1f2e3ea.jpeg  

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-80cc062d189d45928436730f55c108e8.jpeg  

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-17f5c7a00a3742d79ed7b08d0ff802d5.jpeg  

Sahil_Gurgaon is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks