Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th August 2021, 13:40   #31

Default Re: Ownership Review | My 2021 Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium Story

Great write-up and Congratulations on your new Ecosport. I had similar experiences when I bought it in Oct 2019. It's a sheer joy to drive an Ecosport. Wishing you lots of happy miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Welcome to the Ecosport club Shanksta, crisp review of the wonderful car that Ecosport is. I am glad to see someone trusting the brand and going ahead with, what is an outstanding car in many respects. During my many interactions with the Ford guys over the last month or so, I have come to the conclusion and am quite hopeful to see Ford not only staying in India but coming up with new models in near future.
It gives me some comfort seeing some positivity around these media rumors. It is very disheartening. I do hope, they come up with newer products and provide timely updates to the older ones apart from continuing their India operations.
suvrog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 21:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Shanksta, and welcome to the Ford users club! I too got my 3rd Ford (ES Titanium Sports tdci) delivered on March 11th, 2021, and my experience with Vibrant Ford, Hyderabad has been excellent.

I have not found time to create an ownership thread, but will surely do it after a wedding in the family is over this month end. Owing to the lockdown and other reasons, i have hardly put in 2400 kms in the past 4 months. Longing for a long highway drive.

i have a quick question: the car has 2 USB ports. I think frequently connecting and disconnecting to those might wear them out. So is it ok to leave the USB cord connected to one of them, without any phone connected to the other end, when it is parked? i hope it wont drain the battery out. So far I have been disconnecting the wire after every trip.

While on this, I must appreciate Ford for enabling both USB ports for connecting to the ICE. In a Hyundai Verna, only one can be connected, while the other is solely for charging.

Last edited by vnabhi : 11th August 2021 at 21:05.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 23:06   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
i have a quick question: the car has 2 USB ports. I think frequently connecting and disconnecting to those might wear them out. So is it ok to leave the USB cord connected to one of them, without any phone connected to the other end, when it is parked? i hope it wont drain the battery out. So far I have been disconnecting the wire after every trip.
I don't think battery will drain or even reach the ports unless accessory mode is enabled. I have left both ports always connected since Dec 20 and haven't faced any issues. As you rightly said, frequently fiddling with the connector may damage it in the long term.
WizSatish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 14:33   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvr08 View Post
Congratulations on your car. Black color looks stunning!
Wishing you many more happy miles and a fuss free ownership.
Thank you dvr08 for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Welcome to the world of lovely automobiles aka Fords. Many congratulations on your new Ecosport.

I had a similar experience at PPS Ford here in Bangalore.
Wishing Ford a bright future in India.
Thank you cool_dube for the kind words.

This was my first ever experience buying a new car for myself. Have helped friends and relatives earlier but not beyond the choice of car and advising on what to bargain. Also having read so many bad experiences documented right here on the forum(I am referring to all brands put together) I had made up my mind to face anything.

But the dealership and sales executive especially was a gem. Always prompt, said yes to most of my requests. For ones which were not possible he put it across upfront and politely. Most of all I loved the transparency of the whole experience.

They kept the car ready 2 days prior to my requested delivery date and the executive shared pictures via whatsapp after the accessories were installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvrog View Post
Great write-up and Congratulations on your new Ecosport.
Thank you suvrog for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Congratulations Shanksta, and welcome to the Ford users club!
Thank you vnabhi. Looking forward to your review.

Last edited by Shanksta : 12th August 2021 at 14:35.
Old 14th August 2021, 15:02   #35

Congratulations on the new Black Beauty Shanksta!, Hoping to see more updates from you
Soorya Ramesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 07:22   #36
BHPian

Update

Current odometer mileage: 5116.8 kms

Skylar got alloys

I love taking pictures of my car and I click a lot of pictures. Everytime I clicked a picture the one thing that kept irking me was how plain and boring those OE silver Alloys looked.

Initially thought of getting them painted to gloss black or dark grey, but as I kept searching the net and social media this seemed to be a common change done by most Titanium owners. A big NO then cause I wanted Skylar to be different.

Started researching on alloys and it was same as the PCD heartache faced by Fiat owners, that unique PCD of 108mm for Ford. But was informed that there are more designs coming in now because of Nexon and Altroz also having the same PCD

There were not many good options, I shortlisted 2 designs (for a set of 5 alloys) from BM Lal Services on Whites road. Of the two I dropped the Momo Mizar because it was multi-PCD i.e. had 4 empty mounting holes for 100 PCD cars as well which looked ugly to me. Traded in my OE alloys.

So I present to you Skylar now wearing Lenso alloys.

Make & Model : Lenso Jager-Craft
Size: 16" x 7J
PCD: 4*108
Color: Satin Black
Center Bore: 73.1mm (Hub centric rings installed)
Offset: +35

Ownership Review | My 2021 Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium Story-20210827_06033401.jpeg

It cost me thrice of what it would have costed if I had painted the OE alloys black but then it has totally transformed the stance and way she looks now. Paisa vasool.

Quick Vacation to Mandapam Town

I was getting restless sitting at home and wanted to go somewhere with a change of scenery for a couple of days. Additionally had to test the new alloys. Came across this serene resort run by a couple while randomly scrolling through Gmaps. The beach was exactly 10 steps from their entrance. Off we went, onwards took me 7 hrs 48 mins for 522 kms. Went and had some delicious home cooked food and just enjoyed the view of the sea from my cottage.

Ownership Review | My 2021 Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium Story-20210826_132132.jpg

The next day woke up early at 5AM as I wanted to drive till Arichal Munai (past Dhanushkodi) the closest you can get to Sri Lanka from India. There were just 3 other cars apart from me, it was a spectacular road, kudos to TN government for laying some tarmac here. Post that had a quick stop to take a peek at Pamban and then went back to the resort had breakfast and was generally lazing around.

Ownership Review | My 2021 Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium Story-20210827_06154901.jpeg

Ownership Review | My 2021 Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium Story-20210827_06385101.jpeg

The next morning woke up early and got ready to leave. I had requested the owner for early breakfast and after having a gill of hot omelets, bread and a cup of coffee. I started my return journey at 6:22AM, a quick refuel at Ramnad and I drove non-stop to Chennai. Reached home at 1:50PM in time for lunch.

Ownership Review | My 2021 Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium Story-20210827_0611570101.jpeg

Ownership Review | My 2021 Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium Story-20210827_062308.jpg

Ownership Review | My 2021 Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium Story-20210827_071029.jpg

As I drive the EcoSport more and more I cannot help but fall in love particularly with that powerhouse under the hood and the amazing road manners. The braking is on point, had an emergency situation when a guy jumped out from the bushes on the median in front of my car, slammed the brakes and she stopped much before him even though I was cruising at 100kmph. Also during this trip I felt the alloys had somehow improved the ride quality a bit (can the 0.5J additional width make a difference?). Absolutely no vibrations felt on the steering wheel thanks to the hub centric rings.

Thats all for now folks.

Ownership Review | My 2021 Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium Story-20210827_06354102.jpeg

Last edited by Shanksta : 29th August 2021 at 07:33.
Shanksta is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 01:18   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post

Since October 2020, I was 99.99% sure and had decided I was going to book a Tata Nexon Diesel XM variant in Tectonic Blue sometime in May 2021. I woke up watching Tata Nexon videos in Youtube, followed multiple owners groups on Facebook, read up on every single Tata Nexon related thread on Team-BHP. I was chanting "Vocal for Local" even subconsciously in my sleep. I had even decided that I was going to chuck the steel wheels the XM variant came with and get Momo Massimo alloys the day I take delivery of my car. At this point one may ask "How come EcoSport then?"

A: "I had never driven the EcoSport until now !"
Congratulations on your new car and I am delighted you are enjoying it . My thought process was exactly opposite to yours during the same time frame. I made up my mind long back on freestyle, but I decided on Ecosport Titanium S only for android auto (Why Ford? Why??), and I wanted nothing else. But head won the heart, and I went and booked Nexon. I completely blame Ford for this. I am trying to write the ownership review, but the procrastinator in me made a good point to post it after year-long ownership.
JReacher13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 05:47   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorya Ramesh View Post
Congratulations on the new Black Beauty Shanksta!, Hoping to see more updates from you
Thank you Soorya for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JReacher13 View Post
Congratulations on your new car and I am delighted you are enjoying it.
Thank you JReacher13 for the kind words.

Actually the EcoSport was the underdog in my case, I might not even have driven it if Ford had not made the features rejig on January 04 2021. Might have blindly booked Nexon Diesel in XM(S) variant in either Tectonic Blue or Foliage Green. Many things happened that steered my decision in favor of the EcoSport the features rejig, EcoSport had the VFM factor when compared to an equivalent Nexon variant in the same price range, TaMo hiked the prices by 2-3% around the time I booked the car in Jan, they stopped Tectonic Blue and also the steady flow of quality complaint posts from multiple owners across Nexon owners groups in Facebook made me sad that Tata was still having minor issues despite launching the car more than 3 years ago.

But most importantly I guess the factor that totally made me abandon my more than 5 months of obsession over the Tata Nexon was just taking a TD of the EcoSport. The fabulous pre-sales experience was a complementing factor too.

Last edited by Shanksta : 1st September 2021 at 05:51.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 13:44   #39
Senior - BHPian

Superb detailed review of the Ecosport. Congratulations on a fabulous acquisition.

A few observations of my own after driving my 2020 TDCI S Ecosport for around 7000 kms now:

1. Power starts flowing from 1500 RPM onwards. Following 1750 RPM, the car starts rocketing. I personally am happy with the adequacy of power between 1750 and 2500 RPM which is enough for fast overtakes and general quick driving. On the highway, the max revs I have used are till 3000 RPM, that too very rarely during very quick overtaking requirements. Otherwise, 2500 RPM is more than enough.

2. In your case, it was the Nexon as the other contender. In my case it was the Sonet. Took test drive of Sonet first, and then the Ecosport. Just as said, no comparison at all. The build of the Sonet just does not convey the feeling of solidity that is provided by the Ecosport. It may just be a haptic consideration, but the touch and feel is just more solid in the Ford. Looks wise, the Ecosport is still the king. Lovely clean proportionate lines which are "macho" too!

3. Engine is opening up nicely and progressively after 5000 kms. It is one of the smoothest engines in this price range, and cabin insulation is lovely. So much so that I have been asked several times by passengers in the cabin if the engine is really a diesel! I expect the engine to come into its full element once I cross 10,000 kms. Gearbox is light and snickety now. Clutch is on the heavier side, but only becomes a problem in sustained bumper to bumper traffic. In all other conditions, the clutch is very manageable and progressive.

4. The dynamics and chassis combination with the engine is just superb. Once I started driving the Ecosport, especially on the expressway, you really begin to understand and appreciate why this car has such a cult following.

A quick pic of my lightning blue S:
Attached Thumbnails
Ownership Review | My 2021 Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium Story-ecosport-1.jpg  

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 1st September 2021 at 13:48.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed