Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2021, 13:00   #16
BHPian

re: Ownership Review | My 2021 Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium Story | EDIT: Now Sold

Congratulations on your new drive !

We both are on the same boat. Even I replaced my Fiat Punto 2011 90HP with Ford Ecosport Diesel Sport last month and it's been 15 days and I'm loving every bit of my drives with the ride handling almost comparable with the Punto.

Also, In my Diesel Sports edition, The reverse parking camera comes with adaptive guidelines. Not sure if this due to latest software update or specific to Sync 3 enabled Infotainment system

Last edited by srivatsahg : 10th August 2021 at 13:05. Reason: corrected for typo and grammar correction
srivatsahg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 13:08   #17
BHPian

re: Ownership Review | My 2021 Ford EcoSport Diesel Titanium Story | EDIT: Now Sold

Hi There,
Congratulations on your new EcoSport. I have a question about buying EcoSport new v/s used.

There are multiple compelling reasons to consider buying Ford vehicles used:
  1. the models have been more or less the same since the last few years,
  2. Ford vehicles as a rule don't hold value too well in the market,
  3. Fords seem to be plentiful on used car platforms, and
  4. Ford is now famous in India for relatively low cost of maintenance.

Yet you bought new. Since you obviously did a lot of research for your purchase, your viewpoint will be valuable.

Thanks
dust-n-bones is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 13:12   #18
BHPian

Very nice review brother. Ford Ecosport's performance and handling are always a benchmark. Wish Ford continues in India and produces these wonderful cars.

Just curious to know - where you able get a chance to test drive Nexon diesel as well?
ashking101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 14:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your Ford! It's right, Ford cars (esp the Ecosport and Endeavour) has that typical feel, that once you get accustomed to it, it's very hard to like a non Ford car.

About your query on the seatbelt rattling- There are some clips present on the seatbelts. You can move these clips in a way so that the belt does not rattle. Try it out, it's a very small but thoughtful feature.

I don't know how the 100 PS motor delivers such a relentless pull. For instance the previous car my dad had was Honda Amaze diesel, which had around similar power and torque figures. (100 PS,200 NM vs 100 PS,215NM) However, I have noticed the acceleration to be better in the Ecosport. Do note, the Amaze weighed just under 1000 kgs, while Ecosport weighs more than 1300 Kgs.
Have observed similar things WRT to Nexon. The car has better power (110 PS) and torque(260 NM), with the weight being almost similar. However, I felt the acceleration to be equally good in the Ecosport.

Can someone explain, how this is possible? Is it the gearing, fueling, or the tuning of the turbo, that is making this difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
Hi There,
Congratulations on your new EcoSport. I have a question about buying EcoSport new v/s used.
I agree on most points stated. We purchased a 23 month old, 12500 km run Ecosport S TDCI (top variant) variant last year for under rs. 10L and has been one of the better decisions of my life.

Last edited by 07CR : 10th August 2021 at 14:32.
07CR is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 14:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsahg View Post

Also, In my Diesel Sports edition, The reverse parking camera comes with adaptive guidelines. Not sure if this due to latest software update or specific to Sync 3 enabled Infotainment system
Yes, only the S variant and Titanium+ with sync 3 comes with adaptive guidelines.The camera used in flyaudio is different as S variant has a rear camera from Germany. We'll need to give an additional wire to the BCM in case if someone is too keen on adaptive guidelines in the lower variants.

Plus in the old Titanium, Ford was offering cloth padding near the door hand rest. I wonder why did they have to cut that thing which would have costed them peanuts

Last edited by jithin23 : 10th August 2021 at 14:55.
jithin23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 16:03   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnram View Post
Congrats on the purchase
Thank you mnram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
First of all congratulations on your new ride.
Wishing you happy miles ahead.
Thank you for the kind words. Yes, indeed absolutely zero worry about spares even if Ford exits.

The only real dilemma I was in was should I choose features(EcoSport Titanium) or drivetrain (110hp/6gears in the Nexon XM Diesel). It made more sense to me to pick up the car that created this segment.

BTW Congratulations on your Jeep Compass. I have read your posts, having owned a Punto the Compass would have been a great replacement. Maybe in the future when I can afford one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizSatish View Post
Congratulations and a Great write-up. Went through the exact same experience and all it took for the plunge was back to back test drives of Nexon and EcoSport.
Thank you WizSatish. To be fair I never drove the diesel Nexon. Was just too smitten by the way the Ford drove and felt.

I guess they delayed my bill as it was first service and doorstep. But I do appreciate them for being courteous no matter how many times you call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Congrats on your EcoSport, wish you lakhs of happy kilometres. Had one for 7 years I totally get the attachment with it, once you drive it you are instantly floored by it.
Thanks CEF_Beasts. Congratulations on your new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Congratulations on your Titanium Ecosport. Black colour is a smart choice for Titanium variant as it masks Sports variant looks in it. Wish you happy driving.
Thank you KPR for the kind words.

Have you got your S-Cross delivered ? I guess you let go of the Red 2020 Titanium at Dhruvan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Congratulations on Getting Skylar home!
Mod potential, you can play around with this car like a VAG car and within a budget too.
Thank you jithin23. I have been following your thread on the EcoSport ever since I booked my car. As you rightly mentioned cruise control is the only thing I miss since I drive at 80-100 kmph constantly these days due to the price of diesel.

Maybe I can retrofit it the way you did some time in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketan007 View Post
Congrats on the new car!
Happy Driving!
Thank you ketan007 for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsahg View Post
Congratulations on your new drive !

Thank you srivatsahg and congratulations on your new EcoSport !

The Punto was really hard to let go, in hindsight would've kept it if I had the resources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
Hi There,
Congratulations on your new EcoSport.
Yet you bought new. Since you obviously did a lot of research for your purchase, your viewpoint will be valuable.

Thanks
Thank you dust-n-bones !

Yes indeed you make valid points. But the reason I bought a new car over a used one was:
  • Good examples(1-2 years & under 20k kms) were quoted at 85-90% of the price of a new car.
  • Being 2021 I was not keen to buy a BS4 Diesel and thought it would be a good opportunity to upgrade to BS6.
  • Due to the pandemic I was skeptical of going used car shopping.
  • Financially used car loan rate of interest was very high.
  • Lastly, used cars are VFM but a new car feeling is something that cannot be paralleled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashking101 View Post
Very nice review brother.
Just curious to know - where you able get a chance to test drive Nexon diesel as well?
Thank you ashking.

No I did not drive the diesel Nexon, but not because of my impression of the Nexon after test driving the petrol variant. I simply did not feel the need to look beyond the EcoSport Diesel after driving it. The Nexon is a great car in its own right.

Also I have driven Fords owned by my relatives and friends many times. Right from the old petrol Figo, Petrol iKon, Petrol and Diesel Fiesta. I subconsciously have a soft spot for Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Congratulations on your Ford! It's right, Ford cars (esp the Ecosport and Endeavour) has that typical feel, that once you get accustomed to it, it's very hard to like a non Ford car.

You can move these clips in a way so that the belt does not rattle. Try it out, it's a very small but thoughtful feature.

I agree on most points stated. We purchased a 23 month old, 12500 km run Ecosport S TDCI (top variant) variant last year for under rs. 10L and has been one of the better decisions of my life.
Thank you 07CR for the kind words. Yes indeed, Ford cars do have a drive feel about then that feels unique. It is akin to Fiat. They feel lively, sharp and agile.

I will try adjusting seatbelt clip to see if it makes it better. Thanks you for the tip.

Congratulations on your pre-worshipped S TDCi.

Last edited by Shanksta : 10th August 2021 at 16:04.
Shanksta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 16:29   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase! I've been a satisfied Ecosport Diesel owner since 2013! It is only now that it's starting to show its age (minor interior rattles, suspension & clutch overhaul, tyres replaced). The car will keep you smiling for many years and some more! The joy of being able to pull from 20kmph on third gear seamlessly still brings a smile to my face. As is evident with several other forum members, I am struggling to upgrade from here (Compass is out of budget and no other subCSUV/CSUV appeals). My wife and I are now considering replacing her with another Ecosport, awaiting Ford's final verdict on their India operations before we finally decide. Enjoy her for many years to come!
throttlehead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 17:05   #23
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Have you got your S-Cross delivered ? I guess you let go of the Red 2020 Titanium at Dhruvan.
Well something else happened. SCross delivery was getting delayed by over a month. Lock down was imminent. So we had retained our touchwood Punto. Also there was a need for car on immediate basis for our official commutes which made us take delivery of an Alto BS6 . More details here

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post5056043 (Punto 90HP replacement | Ford EcoSport vs Maruti S-Cross)
and here
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5056658 (Maruti Alto 800 : Official Review)

Until 2022 I will wait and watch how the market unfolds. Till then one cannot go wrong with Alto as stop gap measure for city runabouts.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 18:03   #24
BHPian

Re: Window Shopping

Quote:

Took delivery of my EcoSport after a 56 day wait.
Congratulations on the Black Beauty. Very few vehicles have aged well and held on to the legacy like Ecosport.

My Dad owns a 2008 model Honda City Petrol and now it's time to part ways with it due to the 15 years limit. I was eyeing Ecosport for him.

When I was in the market for a CSUV Ecosport Titanium+ was finalized and at the last minute, Ford decided to stop it and launch the Thunderbird edition so that dream still remains.

I am very happy with my Creta 1.6 petrol but no harm in having an Ecosport in the family as well. Isn't it

The only thing stopping me is the rumor that Ford will exit the Indian market and since we like to keep our vehicles for long it's a deciding factor.

Did you also had similar thoughts or were you firm on the decision that irrespective of weather Ford stays or not you will go for Ecosport.

That also begs the question did the SA give you any insight if the rumors are true or not.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 20:36   #25
BHPian

Congratulations Shanksta!

First of all same pinch bro! I booked a Titanium diesel on 12th July in Absolute black too. My confusion was similar as yours. I had never considered the Ecosport but one drive sealed the deal. After that the only real threat was Nexon EV. But that went way over my budget. Your review gives me a lot of assurance on my purchase. Looking forward to more stories on your black beauty.
400notout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 21:11   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the Ecosport club Shanksta, crisp review of the wonderful car that Ecosport is. I am glad to see someone trusting the brand and going ahead with, what is an outstanding car in many respects. During my many interactions with the Ford guys over the last month or so, I have come to the conclusion and am quite hopeful to see Ford not only staying in India but coming up with new models in near future.

It’s good that you didn’t wait for the upcoming facelift of Ecosport since this is the model that looks good than the upcoming one

Wishing many more happy miles to you with this gem of a car

Regards.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 21:19   #27
BHPian

Congratulations Shanksta! My Ecosport Diesel Titanium ( March 2020) has completed 21K kilometers and I truly enjoy every long drive! I don't miss my Vento 1.6 TDi so much nowadays; in fact the only time I missed it was on my trip to Ooty and Avalanche last month ( fully loaded with 4 passengers and trunk full of luggage) up the inclines and I had to constantly downshift to maintain momentum.
On the expressways however, it is thoroughly enjoyable and with the high vantage seating, I dare say it feels as good, if not better!
The engine feels a different beast after the 5000 km service. I am not sure if it has something to do with the oil change or some software updating, but it is quite happy to keep on the boil well above the 120 kmph mark.

Keep your travelogues coming.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 00:11   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlehead View Post
Congratulations on the purchase! I've been a satisfied Ecosport Diesel owner since 2013!
Thank you throttlehead for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Also there was a need for car on immediate basis for our official commutes which made us take delivery of an Alto BS6.
Wow ! That was unexpected but a very practical choice. Congratulations on the Alto. My uncle has a 2010 Alto that I love to drive. It is a fun car in the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Congratulations on the Black Beauty. Very few vehicles have aged well and held on to the legacy like Ecosport.
Thank you Artyom for the kind words.

Actually when I had booked the car the Ford-Mahindra JV split was the hot topic. To be honest I never gave a thought to what happens whether Ford stays or leaves. I bought the EcoSport purely because I was in love with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
Welcome to the Ecosport club Shanksta, crisp review of the wonderful car that Ecosport is.
Thank you ABHI_1512 for the kind words. Indeed the EcoSport is a keeper for a long time to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Congratulations Shanksta! My Ecosport Diesel Titanium ( March 2020) has completed 21K kilometers and I truly enjoy every long drive!
Keep your travelogues coming.
Thank you sunsetorange for the kind words.

I envy you (kidding) for getting to cover 21k kms in a year. Under normal circumstances I would have easily covered 7-8k kms by now in 6 months. But the unpredictable times we are going through now is ruining the party. I hope to catchup soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
Congratulations Shanksta!
First of all same pinch bro! I booked a Titanium diesel on 12th July in Absolute black too. Your review gives me a lot of assurance on my purchase. Looking forward to more stories on your black beauty.
Thank you 400notout ! Congratulations on your Absolute black Titanium. It is a great car and I am sure you will enjoy it. Hope they sort out the DPF issue before you receive your car.

Last edited by Shanksta : 11th August 2021 at 00:16.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 07:57   #29
BHPian

Congratulations on your car. Black color looks stunning! Ecosport is indeed an all round car and quite a performer. Although I don't own one, my friend has and I don't miss out an opportunity to drive it when we meet. I rented one in 2017 from Delhi and drove to Mussoorie and back. Totally enjoyed that trip.

Wishing you many more happy miles and a fuss free ownership
dvr08 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 13:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had hardly driven a kilometer but the decision was made
Welcome to the world of lovely automobiles aka Fords. Many congratulations on your new Ecosport. Wishing you many hundreds of thousands of happy and safe km on it. It is a lovely SUV and amazing VFM for what it offers at that price point!

Quote:
Overall experience buying my new car -> 10/10
I had a similar experience at PPS Ford here in Bangalore. Never have I seen such professional behavior by an automobile dealer in my 20+ years of being in the car market.

Wishing Ford a bright future in India.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks