Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2022, 12:43   #16
BHPian

Re: My Ford Figo Sports 1.5L Diesel | The practical enthusiast | Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
To me, the appearance of the car explains the nature of the owner! This is that thread that tells how deeply you nurture that relationship you hold with your first car.
Happy & safe many more lakhs of KMS with this White Small Elephant
Thank you for your kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna_sempre View Post
Excellent write up mate. Enjoyed reading it. I also own a same car and its a hoot to drive and very aptly we can call it as "Pocket Rocket".
Truly! Wishing you lakhs of fun-filled kms with your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Vibhanshu, Congratulation on your Figo 1.5 S

Glad to know my Figo's Video Review & Thread helped in your buy decision process.

All the best
Thank you! it was the drag race between the Figo and the GT TDI that sealed the deal for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Did you purchase these online? Could you please provide the link for these items? I am also planning for a projector upgrade on my Aspire.
I got them installed from a trusted place in Karol Bagh, Delhi. Unfortunately, I do not have an online link to order these projectors but given their popularity, they should be an easy find on most car lighting shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
How about an upsize with a nice looking alloys to spice up its looks, may be? Have seen quite a good looking Figo’s with looks enhanced with a pair of good looking wheels & tires.
I had indeed toyed with the idea of lowering the suspension and going for 205-section tyres but that would have compromised the practicality of the entire setup by some degree so dropped the plan. I am still keen on installing a rear anti-roll bar. Maybe a new pair of alloys will come in once I feel the urge to spice up my ownership experience again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna_sempre View Post
The Engine guard offered for Freestyle will fit snug to Figo as well. I have got it installed for my car and have no issues with it. Try to check with the FASS.
Thanks for this info! I will re-check with my service centre. An engine guard will bring in much-needed peace of mind on rough roads.
Vibhanshu0923 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 14:01   #17

Re: My Ford Figo Sports 1.5L Diesel | The practical enthusiast | Ownership Review

Attachment 2152852
The footwell is spacious and heel 'n toe is possible. Would have loved aluminum pedals

I would highly recommend you to Try these OEM pedals from boodmo, which i recently got for my freestyle tdci. I hope you don't like driving barefoot like i do . #barefeetonmetal
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-kit_...t_al-38706536/

Btw, this can be self installed on any of the recent fords!
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Figo Sports 1.5L Diesel | The practical enthusiast | Ownership Review-20220601_114401.jpg  

Shuvam Roy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 15:39   #18
BHPian

Superb! Your detailed review shows your passion. Generally, many folks we meet in family, friends or colleagues are average 'users', very few are passionate about their cars. Nice to hear from such people..

Undoubtedly, the 1.5L TDCi is a gem. I have travelled in my close friend's EcoSport on the Bangalore-Pune highway...the diesel EcoSport is mind-blowing. My friend refused to let me get anywhere close to the wheel

It's very sad that a company which produced such wonderful, capable machines had to exit India. Wish our countrymen had shown little more acceptance to Ford...
VikramCS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 18:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Vibhanshu, take a bow. What an emotionally moving and lovingly comprised thread. Every single line reflected the love, the journey, and the joy you've experienced thus far. A relish to read your thread fully with a smile that lasted till the last word of it. You've articulated and expanded so well, that even a true and blue Figo user might have failed to notice the nuances. We need more threads like this, that truly evoke the emotions, rather than spec sheets being barfed out in a gloriously rhetoric style.

I own a 2017 Trend line Figo 1.5 and it's been a wonderful journey so far. I have been sitting on the fences for long time now and threads like these give me to oomph to dabble the waters and explore the magic world of maps and mods.

I'm scrambling for words here. Hope you hit the million mark soon, with the stock clutch of course and keep the love and affection for her as long as you can.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 01:17   #20
BHPian

Hi Vibhanshu, first of all, let me congratulate you for creating this awesome thread, your love for your machine is evident in every line the 1.5D with the Figo trio is certainly amongst the best cars we've ever seen on Indian roads, the Figo/Aspire Sports especially so. I also drive a Figo 'trio' diesel, an Aspire Titanium and I agree with you 100% on the car upgrade part, no car now near or even double it's price range will satisfy me like this does now, so planning to keep this as long as I can + remap/box and HU upgrades on the way.

I wanted to ask whether you have an issue with your Figo not having a dead pedal? The clutch in my Aspire is a bit hard, not unmanageable but coming from a petrol, its hard. A dead pedal would've made things a lot easier for me, but as it stands, I get ankle pain since I live in Kerala with its narrow single lane 'highways' and stop and go traffic. And since I never ride the clutch in any of my cars, I have to sort of keep my foot at a weird angle.

If you are familiar with any ways in which a dead pedal can be retrofitted safely into the footwell, kindly guide me to it.

Warm regards,

Sai

Last edited by SaiSW : 8th June 2022 at 01:19.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 05:24   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu0923 View Post
Ford's exit & what lies in the future?

Ford's exit from the Indian market was expected but still a shocker for me when it actually happened in September 2021. It is a shame that the enthusiasts lost a brand that catered to their needs.
Cheers!

-Vibhanshu0923
Dude what a review!
You took your own sweet time to pen all your thoughts so beautifully that I am not sure the tears in my eyes are because of your words or because my eyes are strained lying down while typing this. I was planning to pen a review but you beat me to it man

Nevertheless, I am also a proud owner of a maroon Figo S 2017 model just like you but with only 20k on the clock. Well, not just like you as my car is not even half as well maintained as yours. I sought some advice with following problems and was wondering if you could help:

1. I think the battery needs a replacement. The car is mostly driven for short distances in the city and I am noticing the headlights getting weaker and the ac blower throw being a lot lesser than what it used to be. Is battery replacement normal for 20k?

2. Maybe this is a problem with only my car but I hear a lot of creaks whenever the car is moved from a position where all the wheels are not at the same level. Like parking with two wheels on a pavement (blame limited parking in NCR). This problem has been there from day 1 and it seems the sound is coming more from the doors owing to chassis flex. Any thoughts on this?

3. The worst part of the car has been the clutch which has a weird release point and is quite hard. Any fix for this you could find? After I replaced the clutch cable when it was chewed off by a rat it has become harder inspite of multiple bleedings done.

You rightly mentioned this car is a keeper and I intend to keep it for a long time as well. Will definitely go for the IPH upgrade and hope one day we cross paths winking with a thumbs up at each other. Cheers!
racer_7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 07:40   #22
BHPian

It seems you've taken all the 4 years of ownership to write and proof read this fantastically penned article. It is great to see that the clutch is still soft even after so many kilometers on the odo and being a diesel. I have driven a friend's Freestyle and the only issue I had was with the heavy clutch on the diesel.
black.beauty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 11:57   #23
BHPian

This brings back memories!

I had a Figo S 2017 model that I drove happily for 50,000KMs before parting ways in late 2021 for a Kushaq 1.5MT. Driving a Figo S TDCi spoils you and I know I can now never drive a NA car or a car that lacks the punch Figo offered.

I thoroughly enjoyed the drives and I completely agree with you, it does bring a smile to your face every time you are behind the wheel. However, a couple of things I severely missed in the car were the lack of an infotainment unit and the boot space, which was hardly sufficient.

Reading your experience feels like reminiscing about an ex and wondering why did you ever break up!

You have maintained the car quite well and I wish you happy miles ahead in this beast! Good luck.
roadlover1705 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 16:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

It is always nice to read an ownership review of a car that is no longer available, especially if it is of the same model you own.

That was an exhaustive review of the Figo S which was more informative than the official review. And since you have run quite a bit compared to me in the same time, I know how low the maintenance costs would be and what to expect in future. I am planning to keep mine for atleast another 5-7 years.

Glad I could help with my thread, especially when it came to the remap. I feel the S should have come with a more powerful tune compared to the Figo. Just like how it was on the Polo TDi and GT TDi. The remap makes the car better especially when it comes to how rapidly it can gain speed.

You have explained quite precisely most of the stuff which I could relate to with my car and thanks for the 'follow me home' functioning. I always wondered how can the follow me home light be the park lamp and not the headlights like in other cars. But, it seems it needs to be engaged everytime you turn off the car. I tried it and the second time I locked the car, it didn't turn on, but it did when I again engaged it via the stalk.
Didn't know about the answering and hanging up the phone buttons either.

The horn is dual, just that one is hidden away from view.

Wishing you many more miles and smiles.

Last edited by tharian : 8th June 2022 at 16:40.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 14:00   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuvam Roy View Post
I would highly recommend you to Try these OEM pedals from boodmo

Btw, this can be self installed on any of the recent fords!
Thanks Shuvam! I'll surely give these a look. Easy DIYs are always preferred

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikramCS View Post
Superb! Your detailed review shows your passion...

Undoubtedly, the 1.5L TDCi is a gem...

It's very sad that a company which produced such wonderful, capable machines had to exit India. Wish our countrymen had shown little more acceptance to Ford...
Thank you for the kind words, Vikram! The 1.5TDCi was still amongst the best small-capacity diesels available till Ford shut shop. Says a lot about its capabilities given it was first introduced in India in 2011.

Ford's exit was majorly due to their own flawed strategy. They always focused on just one successful model in their line-up and their marketing department did not capitalize on the strengths of the brand. A big loss to the enthusiast community in India for sure though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
A relish to read your thread fully with a smile that lasted till the last word of it. You've articulated and expanded so well, that even a true and blue Figo user might have failed to notice the nuances. We need more threads like this, that truly evoke the emotions, rather than spec sheets being barfed out in a gloriously rhetoric style.
Thank you so much! I'm glad you could relate to my experience and emotions as a fellow Figo owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
I own a 2017 Trend line Figo 1.5 and it's been a wonderful journey so far. I have been sitting on the fences for long time now and threads like these give me to oomph to dabble the waters and explore the magic world of maps and mods.
I think you are at a sweet spot in terms of vehicle age to try out some mods. The 1.5 TDCi is fairly reliable and you will fall in love with your car all over again just with a simple stage 1 remap. Add upsized tyres + alloys and you will be all set for the next 3-4 years.

Wishing you lakhs of trouble-free and smile-inducing miles with your car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Hi Vibhanshu, first of all, let me congratulate you for creating this awesome thread, your love for your machine is evident in every line

no car now near or even double it's price range will satisfy me like this does now, so planning to keep this as long as I can + remap/box and HU upgrades on the way.
Thank you! The Figo/Aspire diesels are keepers due to their price-performance-efficiency combination. It sure will be tough to upgrade for users like us who are addicted to the diesel torque and efficiency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I wanted to ask whether you have an issue with your Figo not having a dead pedal? The clutch in my Aspire is a bit hard, not unmanageable but coming from a petrol, its hard.

If you are familiar with any ways in which a dead pedal can be retrofitted safely into the footwell, kindly guide me to it.
I have personally never had an issue with the Figo's lack of a dead pedal. The clutch sure is hard when shifting from a petrol vehicle. I just keep my seat at the lowest height adjustment setting and that results in a comfortable angle for my foot.

Although, I am not aware of a retro-fit dead pedal, I would suggest you to check with 4X4 custom accessory makers as they design and install custom dead-pedals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black.beauty View Post
It seems you've taken all the 4 years of ownership to write and proof read this fantastically penned article. It is great to see that the clutch is still soft even after so many kilometers on the odo and being a diesel. I have driven a friend's Freestyle and the only issue I had was with the heavy clutch on the diesel.
Haha! work got in the way of finishing up the review. Thank you for your kind words.

The hardness of a clutch is relative to what vehicle you are switching from. My sister recently bought a Swift Petrol and after driving that for a couple of days, the clutch in my Figo surely felt hard. I recently drove a 1.6 lakh km run Innova on a road trip and the clutch in my Figo felt like a feather post that. The clutch is only very slightly harder than the clutch in our diesel Creta hence I classify it as soft

I regularly bleed the clutch at every 20k kms and am careful of not slipping the clutch to the extent that I don't even cross speed breakers in 2nd gear and always shift to 1st below 10 kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_7 View Post
Dude what a review!
You took your own sweet time to pen all your thoughts so beautifully that I am not sure the tears in my eyes are because of your words or because my eyes are strained lying down while typing this. I was planning to pen a review but you beat me to it man
Glad you found my viewpoint relatable as a fellow owner. First of all, let me complement your excellent colour choice. The maroon shade on the S looks hot! Please post some pics of your car for our viewing pleasure

Also, do pen down a review for your car. The car surely deserves more perspectives. Eagerly awaiting your thread!

Quote:
1. I think the battery needs a replacement. The car is mostly driven for short distances in the city and I am noticing the headlights getting weaker and the ac blower throw being a lot lesser than what it used to be. Is battery replacement normal for 20k?
I am still running on my stock battery although it was diagnosed as 'weak' during the recent service. My car is mostly driven longer distances almost everyday and I think the shorter running cycle + lower mileage may have contributed to your battery replacement. As such 4 years is a reasonable time for battery replacement and I would not be suspicious.

The headlight weakening can be a consequence of the weaker battery and you should definitely consider discussing the state of your battery with Ford service. The blower throw on the other hand could be due to a clogged cabin filter or just an AC service (including blower cleaning + greasing) due.

Quote:
2. Maybe this is a problem with only my car but I hear a lot of creaks whenever the car is moved from a position where all the wheels are not at the same level. Like parking with two wheels on a pavement (blame limited parking in NCR). This problem has been there from day 1 and it seems the sound is coming more from the doors owing to chassis flex. Any thoughts on this?
My car too made this sound on uneven surfaces and it was definitely the plastic creaking due to the chassis flex. Felt super embarassing!

Although the noise for me has reduced to almost negligible levels post damping. This has been an unexpected benefit of the damping and the overall tighter fit of the panels post damping has probably remedied this. The sound however WAS present in my car as well and the service centre had mentioned it to be normal

Quote:
3. The worst part of the car has been the clutch which has a weird release point and is quite hard. Any fix for this you could find? After I replaced the clutch cable when it was chewed off by a rat it has become harder inspite of multiple bleedings done.
I have, in fact, found the clutch to have a very well-judged release point and the hardness to be manageable. Could be just my relative perspective!

What I can suggest to you is to get your clutch calibration re-done at a Ford service station as it is a bit unusual for hardness to increase post a cable replacement. The play at the top of the pedal and the release point are definitely related to the clutch cable calibration.

[quote=racer_7;5332397]
You rightly mentioned this car is a keeper and I intend to keep it for a long time as well. Will definitely go for the IPH upgrade and hope one day we cross paths winking with a thumbs up at each other. Cheers![/QUOTE

IPH projectors are a must for highway drives in the Figo as the safety at night increases multi-fold. Definitely waiting to see you and your car sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadlover1705 View Post
This brings back memories!

I had a Figo S 2017 model that I drove happily for 50,000KMs before parting ways in late 2021 for a Kushaq 1.5MT.

However, a couple of things I severely missed in the car were the lack of an infotainment unit and the boot space, which was hardly sufficient.
The Skoda/VW 1.5 TSI is the only upgrade that made sense to me from the 1.5 TDCi. It is a creamy, manic engine with lots of punch. Congratulations on getting that awesome powertrain in your Kushaq. As you rightly mentioned, the infotainment unit was outdated even in 2017 and the boot space sure is less compared to the hatchbacks of today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
It is always nice to read an ownership review of a car that is no longer available, especially if it is of the same model you own.

That was an exhaustive review of the Figo S which was more informative than the official review. And since you have run quite a bit compared to me in the same time, I know how low the maintenance costs would be and what to expect in future. I am planning to keep mine for atleast another 5-7 years.

I feel the S should have come with a more powerful tune compared to the Figo. Just like how it was on the Polo TDi and GT TDi. The remap makes the car better especially when it comes to how rapidly it can gain speed.
Take a bow sir for the awesome thread on your Rubicon! Wishing you lakhs of reliable and fun miles with your car. Glad you could resonate with my viewpoint on the Figo. The Figo/Aspire are fuss-free automobiles and can be kept reliably for at least 10 years.

As you rightly said, Ford shouldn't have held back on the Sports edition and should have differentiated it with a higher tune and even more focused handling. Their current strategy resulted in the S variants not being able to carve a niche like the erstwhile Fiesta S in the enthusiast community.

The remap, in my view adds to the effortlessness and safety as the added power makes highway drives a breeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
thanks for the 'follow me home' functioning... But, it seems it needs to be engaged everytime you turn off the car

The horn is dual, just that one is hidden away from view.
Yes, the car doesn't remember the follow-me-home headlamp setting and they need to be turned on every time manually.

I didn't know that the horn is a dual unit. Thanks for the correction. Makes sense now given its intensity and tone!
Vibhanshu0923 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 14:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu0923 View Post
Ford's exit & what lies in the future?

I have far too many memories with the car and moments spent in the driving seat have been blissful, to say the least. Cars define a major portion of my life and the Figo S has been a terrific start to my automotive ownership journey. It has been a long review, this will probably be the first ownership review of the Figo S on Team-BHP. Even though it is 90% similar to the regular car, that 10% difference is significant enough to elevate its appeal to drivers. I'll probably add pictures from my trips to the thread later.

-Vibhanshu0923
Congratulations on the car and an amazing write-up!

I have the 2016 Figo Titanium Tdci in which i have changed bits and pieces to make it a little more appealing.

Weird that the Figo S does not have height adjustable seat belts, as my car has it.

I am sitting on the fence for a long time regarding the remap. My car has done 80,000 kms now so not sure if the remap would be recommended as the car is on original clutch till now and i don't feel the need to change it either. Also if you could shed some light on the black smoke after the remap as that is the biggest hindrance for me when going for a remap. I don't want to give other motorists a heart attack when i floor the throttle.

Also loved the HID fog setup, if you could please let me know where do i get this setup from.

Finally, now that i see that you are in Gurugram, would love to give your beast a try before i plonk in the money for a remap.

Attaching a latest picture of my beast.
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Figo Sports 1.5L Diesel | The practical enthusiast | Ownership Review-new.jpg  

jackofsome is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 09:16   #27
BHPian

Great thread Vibhanshu. Perfect name as well - "The Practical Enthusiast"

I too own a Ford Figo S TDCI in white. May be biased but I agree with you that it looks better in white.

My ownership is not a very smooth one though. Mine is a 2018 Figo S TDCI which I purchased in 2019. I wanted the S variant only and that too in white hence I went ahead with nearly a year old manufactured car. No regret whatsoever though.

I love Fiat Cars and wanted to own one. The time I could afford a second car was when Fiat was packing up. Had a choice to get a 2019 Urban Cross Diesel Emotion Variant, Linea Tjet or stick to Ford. With a heavy heart I let go off Fiat as Ford was more relevant then and their service center was only 5 KMs away from my place of residence. I feel the Figo S is 90% of Fiat with 10% missing out due to Fiat's better steering (hydraulic) and built quality.

Figo S got a separate review thread on Team BHP and it did deserve one. That, yours and Tharian's thread covers every detail of the variant. Listing few important events/ issues specific to my Figo.

1. Within 15K KMs, the tie rod gave up. I had driven the car over some bad roads in Konkan however did not expect it to go kaput so soon. It was during pandemic yet Ford shipped the part from Chennai and covered it under warranty

2. Remap: Got the car remapped by Wolf Moto. Wanted to have a better low end hence asked for a custom map. The car was too eager in traffic hence had to change the map to have stronger mid range. It was a beast on the highways and did give me scares of collecting fines especially on the Mumbai Pune Expressway. Spoke to BHPian Shekhar and he gave me details on how to have the best of both worlds. Got the map changed for the 4th time by flashing a more conservative one. Srikanth was too considerate throughout and helped make me satisfied without showing any signs of discomfort or charging for the change of maps. Another thumbs up to Wolf Moto and Srikanth.

3. Clutch assembly changed with car at 19K KMs. It was quite strange for me that the the clutch assembly had to be changed so early. The clutch was worned out and had to be replaced. As per my theory, it was because of the 1st map I had on my car which was making it difficult to control the car in stop go traffic. It increased pressure on the clutch causing it's premature worning. My Father is a very cautious driver and he comes with past experience of driving only petrol cars. This could also have affected the clutch. Requested for a good will warranty to Ford which they declined. The pics of the clutch plate gave it away as it was evident that poor driving skills may have caused the damage. Changed the entire clutch assembly and paid Rs. 18K all inclusive.

4. Met with an accident with a Cow jumping on the bonnet. Fortunately I realized from a distance that the cows are upto something and slowed down my speed. Changed lanes to avoid any unfortunate event however the cow was too nimble to jump straight from the divider onto my car. Damaged the bonnet, headlights, front RHS door, RHS ORVM, Fender, RHS rear door and rear bumper. Had zero dep insurance and claimed for the damages. All damaged parts were replaced with a total bill of Rs. 85K. I had to pay Rs. 2K for processing and consumables. Bhavna Ford did a decent job to get the car in good shape. There is a crack on the front bumper which is yet to be fixed.

5. Upgraded the audio setup with Infinity component speakers. During highway drives, passengers felt discomfort with the NVH. I too use to feel nauseatic post 200 KMs hence went ahead with damping. Got the front doors damped with a 2.2mm sheet. Will check if the issue has been minimized and then damp the floor and rear doors accordingly.

6. Countless good drives in my Figo S. Especially driving on Konkan Ghats where the car's actual strenghts were tested and passed with flying colours. Currently the ODO is at 23K KMs as I use my Ameo DSG for long distance travel for comfort. At every corner, I remember my Figo and wish it was it instead of the Ameo! But then at the end of 600 KMs of day driving, I thank and appreciate the DSG + Diesel combo of Ameo.
Attached Thumbnails
My Ford Figo Sports 1.5L Diesel | The practical enthusiast | Ownership Review-screenshot_20210911102355_chrome.jpg  

Last edited by VWAllstar : 11th June 2022 at 09:42.
VWAllstar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 13:30   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackofsome View Post
I have the 2016 Figo Titanium Tdci in which i have changed bits and pieces to make it a little more appealing.
Your car looks awesome in that orange shade with the blacked-out elements.

Quote:
Weird that the Figo S does not have height adjustable seat belts, as my car has it.
Strange! Didn't know of this difference between the Titanium and Sports variant. Could be one of the silent feature deletions by Ford in 2017

Quote:
I am sitting on the fence for a long time regarding the remap. My car has done 80,000 kms now so not sure if the remap would be recommended as the car is on original clutch till now and i don't feel the need to change it either. Also if you could shed some light on the black smoke after the remap as that is the biggest hindrance for me when going for a remap. I don't want to give other motorists a heart attack when i floor the throttle.
A simple stage 1 remap will probably not cause any trouble for you as long as your car was serviced within the prescribed service intervals for these 80k kms. How the clutch reacts to the extra torque will have to be checked post remap although I don't expect it to slip alarmingly post just a stage 1 map.

The inherent nature of the 1.5 TDCi was to smoke more than other diesels under heavier throttle inputs. Surprisingly, the remap has remedied this to a great extent. The smoke levels post remap are even lower than stock for me. As such, almost all remaps include an EGR soft delete as well so you should be good on that front as well.

Quote:
Also loved the HID fog setup, if you could please let me know where do i get this setup from.
I will PM you the place I got them installed from in Karol Bagh. You can ask them for 3-inch IPH Bi-LED projector foglamps.

Quote:
Finally, now that i see that you are in Gurugram, would love to give your beast a try before i plonk in the money for a remap.
I'll be happy to give you a ride with me if that helps you take a better decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
I too own a Ford Figo S TDCI in white. May be biased but I agree with you that it looks better in white.

My ownership is not a very smooth one though. Mine is a 2018 Figo S TDCI which I purchased in 2019.
White brings out the contrast of the blacked-out elements well and that is an awesome picture you have shared . Sad to know of the niggles you had to face during your ownership.

Quote:
1. Within 15K KMs, the tie rod gave up. I had driven the car over some bad roads in Konkan however did not expect it to go kaput so soon. It was during pandemic yet Ford shipped the part from Chennai and covered it under warranty

3. Clutch assembly changed with car at 19K KMs.
That does seem like premature wear. But glad to know that your car is back in top shape. The stiff suspension on the Figo S does not really like bad roads.

Quote:
2. Remap: Got the car remapped by Wolf Moto. Wanted to have a better low end hence asked for a custom map. The car was too eager in traffic hence had to change the map to have stronger mid range.
I, on the contrary, wanted a stronger mid-range and top-end as I was completely satisfied with the low-end on the 1.5 TDCi. Fortunately, the map tweaked by Tharian seemed like a perfect fit for my driving style and I never had to flash another map. My experience too has been very positive with Wolf Moto and they were super helpful when I briefly faced an issue regarding jerkiness when the AC compressor cut-in and out.

Quote:
4. Met with an accident with a Cow jumping on the bonnet...
Glad to know that you were able to anticipate the happenings and minimized the damage.

Quote:
5. Upgraded the audio setup with Infinity component speakers. During highway drives, passengers felt discomfort with the NVH. I too use to feel nauseatic post 200 KMs hence went ahead with damping. Got the front doors damped with a 2.2mm sheet. Will check if the issue has been minimized and then damp the floor and rear doors accordingly.
While not class-leading, I found the stock NVH package on the Figo par for the class. Maybe just like me, you were probably used to driving other, more refined cars and I completely see your point. Damping has, for sure, made a very tangible difference to the NVH levels inside the cabin and is a must-have especially given how competent the Figo S is for the highways.

Quote:
6. Countless good drives in my Figo S. Especially driving on Konkan Ghats where the car's actual strenghts were tested and passed with flying colours. Currently the ODO is at 23K KMs as I use my Ameo DSG for long distance travel for comfort.
Ghats/mountains are the Figo's home ground and it is on the twisties that all the elements of the Sports variant start coming together. It is good fun, especially thanks to the wonderful steering and ample grip from the tyres.

Would be really interesting to hear from you a quick comparison of the Ameo TDI and the Figo from a driving perspective.
Vibhanshu0923 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 17:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
3. Clutch assembly changed with car at 19K KMs. It was quite strange for me that the the clutch assembly had to be changed so early.. Changed the entire clutch assembly and paid Rs. 18K all inclusive.
I drive a 2019 Ecosport and had to get the clutch replaced @19k kms. I used to drive a diesel dzire before it and the clutch only started slipping @~75k kms. Also, I have noticed the bite point of clutch and play keeps varying. I too was denied a goodwill warranty replacement so got the clutch overhaul at a FNG for 8k.
For me the clutch definitely is a sore point in otherwise a good package.
Chandrahas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 06:21   #30
BHPian

What a brilliant writeup! The way you write makes me love your Figo S.

We were very close to getting the first gen Figo petrol when it was launched but chose the Ritz because it was our first car in India and Ford was notorious for high costs of running back then.

It's because of sad decisions like this by people like me that we have lost the best fun to drive manufacturers in this country.

We only have VAG now. They give us good engines, transmissions, and handling, but they don't have the ride quality of the Fiats or the connect and steering feel of the Fords.
evil_grin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks