Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2007, 15:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
It's not that difficult, if you know the right roads!!

Have you ever read any manufacturer's website list "Bad Fuel Efficiency" as a feature on a car?
If it gives well below their competition they will never talk about it. Since it was mentioned for Great FE, atleast it should be reasonable ( say minimum of 10)
Old 8th May 2007, 15:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

Good job kunal. How was the leg room at the back ? did you try sitting at the back at all ? Folks, this being a maruti, the FE will not fall into single digits.
Old 8th May 2007, 15:48   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Good job kunal. How was the leg room at the back ? did you try sitting at the back at all ? Folks, this being a maruti, the FE will not fall into single digits.
Buddy, Swift in Mumbai stop-go traffic give around 10kpml, so a 1.6 liter car with 40mm wider tyre and obesity of 200kgs is 100% going to give single digit FE. My bet its not going to return more then 9kmpl in stop go traffic. When Optra 1.6 with VGIS give just 9.5 why would the SX4 give more, it doesnot run on air, does it
Old 8th May 2007, 15:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Buddy, Swift in Mumbai stop-go traffic give around 10kpml, so a 1.6 liter car with 40mm wider tyre and obesity of 200kgs is 100% going to give single digit FE. My bet its not going to return more then 9kmpl in stop go traffic. When Optra 1.6 with VGIS give just 9.5 why would the SX4 give more, it doesnot run on air, does it
You cant compare two different engines, miles apart in technology and draw conclusions on FE. I can show you 1.6 ltr cars that give an FE of 15 and those that do 5.... Its not just the engine capacity, or the tyres, or weight that determines FE. If it was that we could probably draw a table, that states this big a car, this big an engine, this big tyres = set FE. But buddy it dont work that way. All engines have their own fuel efficiency. Factors like weight, traffic conditions, tyres do effect your FE, but they dont DETERMINE it.
Old 8th May 2007, 15:54   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svel View Post
Thanks for the report Kunal.

1. In your opinion, what is safe speed while turning corners ?
2. I agree with your estimated FE numbers. If it gives more than 10 in city driving conditions, thats a bonus.
Svel my man that depends from corner to corner, you cant have any one safe speed for all corners.

Btw I feel that it has been given 16" because it is supposed to be a baby SUV and hence the 190 mm too, remember that comes with a 4wd and hence the higher CG and the rolling over problem/
Old 8th May 2007, 15:55   #36
BHPian

Seems like Verna petrol and Fieste 1.6 are gonna see tough competition. MUL should launch the car with a 1.9 JTD engine and not the rumoured tuned 1.3 JTD...Then they can take on Octavia to a cetain extend...(but not on build quality though!)
Old 8th May 2007, 16:00   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
I can show you 1.6 ltr cars that give an FE of 15 and those that do 5....
Do you work for OD??

You cant defy the laws of physics, can you?? What technology does the SX4 have, it has no Variable valve, the best engine below 1.7L in petrol is the Honda City Vtec and if it cant give more then 11 in Bombay, no way is a SX4 going to
Old 8th May 2007, 16:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

Well people let the test reports of FE, top Speed and 0-100 comes out. Aren't we acting kidish over here. Car has just been launched yesterday...
Old 8th May 2007, 16:11   #39
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Had been to the launch .. Lots of eager eyes , flowing champagne and mouth watering sweets .. Managed a few pics , will put it up in a short while .. Started the engine and got someone to revv to redline .. Limiter is close to 6900 rpm .. Engine is not as noisy as the baleno .. Seems way too silent .. Also the exhaust pipe is made of stainless steel , ECU is located in the engine compartment itself and not under the dash as other cars .. Engine looks sweet but VVT missing is the biggest disappointment ..

Will be getting a TD by tomorrow evening as TD vehicle hasn't been registered yet .. A more clear review shall be posted by tuesday a day after memo45_m takes the delivery of what could be the first zxi sold in bangalore ..

And the 16'' are from enkei ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 8th May 2007 at 16:25.
Old 8th May 2007, 16:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy, swift is running an old war horse of an engine, no matter what you tweak, you cant get it up beyond a point. The sx4 has one of the contemporary engines which is FE & performance blended. And please do not talk about the american guzzzlers.
Japanese is a work of art.
cheers
Old 8th May 2007, 16:21   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Its really sad the cornering and handling are not upto the mark, i guess the main reason for this is the high GC of 190mm. I think 170mm GC is more then enough
190mm seems fine when sold as Fiat Sedici but not Suzuki SX4 Sedan. Wonder why Maruthi didn't reduce the GC!
Old 8th May 2007, 16:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

Well, If BUSA is getting 10 in Bombay, he would get 9 on the new SX4. He is right. For the rest of us not in Bombay we have to wait
Old 8th May 2007, 16:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buddy, swift is running an old war horse of an engine, no matter what you tweak, you cant get it up beyond a point.
Performance yes. F.E.? I think you can get it up a bit.

Quote:
And please do not talk about the american guzzzlers.
Its Korean actually ....

Quote:
Japanese is a work of art.
cheers
That is something I cannot disagree with.

On the SX4, sounds good. But I am waiting for two things - the market response (I hope Honda gets a nice beating this time) and ownership reports on the forum.
Old 8th May 2007, 16:52   #44
HKP
BHPian

For those who have not seen the pics or site here is the original Maruti SX4 website :: MARUTI SUZUKI SX4 ::

This car looks like a real competitor for NHC
Old 8th May 2007, 17:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

Just got back after a TEST DRIVE of the SX4. The overall stance of the car is fairly impressive & looks more solid built than the NHC for sure. The 16" Alloys remind one of the older Corolla Alloys.

The Zxi comes with ABS & EBD as standard. Audio Controls on the steering, in dash MP3 player & radio. 4 speakers & 2 tweeters as standard. For a Maruti it certainly feels more upmarket than any of its earlier cousins. Reasonable fit & finish / shut lines. Pull type door handles. Nice white lit instrument cluster, and amber switch illumination. Climatronic A/C a pleasure to use.

Most Viewed