Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2007, 10:00   #31
Team-BHP Support

@Ashutosh , this sounds like a Bollywood movie's story to me. First you hate the Logan, and go about cursing it, and then about turn and lo, you have booked the Logan !! Somehow, all reviews i have heard/read about the Logan show it in poor light, and i dont know why u decided to go for it. As Godfather mentioned, do check out other options. I just cannot understand how your choice can be limited to just between the Palio and the Logan.
Old 16th May 2007, 21:16   #32
BHPian

Hey Ashutosh,
i'm one of the guys who did a logan vs Palio test drive and am yet to drive the 1.6. the enthusiast in me does pull me to the palio but i also need to think practically. reading from your post (and change of decision to go with logan finally ) i gather this is true for you too and thats understandable. and hey - its ur money and ur decision. but anyway wanted to check on 1 aspect with you:
Correct me if i am wrong but ur prime reason for going with logan seemed to be space and the big car feel ur near and dear feel. ?
Well if so (and thats one of the factors i am yet to finalize the priority on): have u considered the Fiat Adventure? there is a thread in this same section in TBHP and i am going to try a TD on this baby too before i decide. (heads up though: low point is milage).
i know its crazy when u have so many ppl pulling u into different directions but i thot this may fit ur bill. do let us know ur thots on this.
Cheers and good luck!
MODS - sorry if this is slightly off topic. not really wanting this to be a "what car" in a "new car TD section". but hey i'm a newbie
Old 17th May 2007, 00:29   #33
HSV
BHPian

Looks like the Logan is all set to be the ideal Taxi for Indian roads. It should start replacing the Indigos in that sense. Maybe? Dunno...
Old 17th May 2007, 17:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithon View Post
have u considered the Fiat Adventure?
its a little outside my already stretched budget. The ex-showroom is 5.75. On road will be beyond 6...and well beyond my budget
Old 17th May 2007, 17:55   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I just cannot understand how your choice can be limited to just between the Palio and the Logan.
i ve already explained the reasons in my previous post.
Old 17th May 2007, 21:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

@ashutosh if you are comfortable with the Logan then surely go ahead.There was a time everyone was against buying the Toyota qualis, but how things changed,so you never know.But if you are only buying it as a compromise then the decision could haunt you later on,after all its not everyday we get to buy a car.

I think you should consider the ikon flair,OTR should not cross 5.5L.Also there is the hyundai accent,I think there is a lot of bargaining possible with the dealers on this car.Last but not the least try your hand at the maruti esteem as well.

But the most important thing is sitting in the drivers seat of your new car should be able to bring a smile on your face.
Old 18th May 2007, 01:53   #37
BHPian

@ashutosh - from what you've written, it sounds like you like the Logan for its merits and are also clear about where it falls short... So, if you've taken a final call, congrats!

However, I do hope you've exhausted all possibilities of getting hold of a brand new (virgin) Palio 1.6, especially since you sound so excited about it.

Am stayin away from the resale value perspective here, as while the Logan may "likely" fetch a lot less money later, the Palio isnt exactly famous for it either.

Didnt the ikon/accent even figure in your list?
Old 18th May 2007, 21:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Didnt the ikon/accent even figure in your list?
Am 6.1", 105kgs. i need a roomier car. simple. One among the many reasons for dumping the alto
Old 19th May 2007, 01:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
In the last few weeks I've driven almost every car available this side of the five lakh barrier. Some were simply rejected due to their looks (Swift, Indigo...brilliant cars...but i don't like swift's looks and indigo is plain ugly).
And you find the Logan goodlooking? I know looks are subjective, but it takes a serious dose of some really strong stuff to make THAT look good!

Anyway its your money and your drive - wish you all the very best.
Old 19th May 2007, 02:26   #40
Senior - BHPian

Ashutosh, I ignored this thread all this while thinking it was all about Logan Test drive, but only when I got into it I realized it was about your Car buying decision!

I know it is bit late but if your heart says Palio 1.6, I feel you should go for it, there is no point regretting it later or whenever you see a Palio 1.6 zoom by!
There are 3 Tata Fiat dealers in Delhi - A-one Motors, Him Motors, Sanya Auto. Check in all these 3 dealers if they can give you a fresh new Palio 1.6, which I feel is very much possible to procure from Fiat's new factory @ Rajnandgaon!

Last edited by finneyp : 19th May 2007 at 02:27.
Old 19th May 2007, 02:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
PS: Now I'm beginning to appreciate what the Indigo offered
Well Indigo was never a bad car and its still not a very good car as some of us term as but it sure is head turner once you have driven it (keeping in mind its price and wat engine it has)or sat inside it.

Driven a diesel i have following to say about indigo:
Baby does 120 easy and stable. Vibration are there but one gets used to. All those who think its indica with boot you are wrong drive it to believe it. Its not very great car but serves the day to day purpose well and backseat comfort, legroom and boot is what one will get amazed. The car looks small from outside but the amount of comfort inside is good enough for a diesel sedan @5~lac.

Petrol i have never driven so can't really comment but i think its vibrations will be less.

Overall its a VFM product but the only thing that puts it off the list at times is TATA's reliability (just a little bit as 50 cents say), their truck making image and the earlier indicas which were damn noisy. Plus TATA should look at their quality control too at times.

@ashutoshb wish you all the very best with your logan purchase.
Old 23rd May 2007, 19:11   #42
BHPian

LOLOL....Logan is fit to be the next cool cabs for sure. Its a little disheartening to see what "Reno" has decided to use as their launching platform for the Indian subcontinent. Surely, we deseve better than what they think. Maybe its their collaboration with Mahindra that soiled the car. From what I have heard so far, cheap interiors are best used to attract customers from small hatchbacks to saloons, essentially an entry level saloon. I am a little surprised for, in a market where the likes of corolla sell like hot vada-pavs, they launch this and expect to get away with it..OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!!
Old 23rd May 2007, 22:43   #43
Senior - BHPian

ashuthosh, in case you have already booked the logan and you have made up your mind. Congrats on your new car. And Drive SAfe.

....But if that is not the case, i agree that maybe for your 6.1 frame the palio might be a little small for you. But since i have also gone through the dilema of buying a car where you have n number of variables acting from different directions and giving you various positives and negatives i just wanted to tell you one thing. A car is not always a "very logical" decision. There is an emotional aspect attahced to it always and your decision should always be a balance of both sides. So my suggestion is that never force yourself to like any car. Since you need to live with it for atleast 5 years you should take your decision only after making sure that you wont regret it later on.

Your posts suggest that you want to have after market music systems, security systems, power windows etc. So how much would be your total cost? I guess it should come to around 5L to 5.2L after tax, insurance and accessories.

Just s few suggestions in case you have not DECIDED on the logan.

1. The Ikon Flair - Its a real VFM car
2.The Accent Petrol - Though the Showroom price is a bit higher tha your budget maybe you could get some real good discounts on it (need to check that out)
3.The WagonR - That too is a good one from Maruti. The leg room is not as bad as it looks. But i guess you are looking for a bigger car so probably this could get lowest preference.

Hope you would take a wise decision that would keep you happy.
ALL THE VERY BEST

PS.Dont Kill me guys.....What about the Tata Spacio Gold????

Last edited by gemithomas : 23rd May 2007 at 22:45.
Old 24th May 2007, 11:07   #44
Senior - BHPian

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
in case you have not DECIDED on the logan.
i have!! the logan will arrive in a few days.
Old 25th May 2007, 03:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
i have!! the logan will arrive in a few days.

Congratulations on your new car. best of Luck and happy motoring.

Godfather

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks