Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2022, 18:45   #46
BHPian

Re: My Silver Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Review | A pre-owned fun experiment | EDIT: 100,000 km up

Hi Ninjatalli,

I recently bought a used S-Cross 1.3.
I want to get it serviced as the odo is close to 70k kms. All prior services by the previous owner were done at Maruti dealer service centres.

I live in the JP Nagar area of Bangalore.

Can you please suggest a service centre which would make sense for the 70k service. It will be great if you can suggest a service advisor that I can leave the vehicle in safe hands.

I am sorry for the basic questions. I am very new to the car.
Old 7th December 2022, 19:00   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Silver Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Review | A pre-owned fun experiment | EDIT: 100,000 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
I live in the JP Nagar area of Bangalore.

Can you please suggest a service centre which would make sense for the 70k service. It will be great if you can suggest a service advisor that I can leave the vehicle in safe hands. .
Check post #32 on prev page, and refer Ninja's name when you go there

Do share details of your S-Cross.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 19:15   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Check post #32 on prev page, and refer Ninja's name when you go there

Do share details of your S-Cross.
Thank you, condor, for your prompt help!
I am brand new to my used-S-Cross. (caffeine brown colour, 2016 Zeta, 1.3L Diesel). I will post pics soon.

I was told by the seller that the service is due. The current odo is 68k.

Last edited by narenteam : 7th December 2022 at 19:25.
Old 8th December 2022, 16:40   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
Thank you, condor, for your prompt help!
I am brand new to my used-S-Cross. (caffeine brown colour, 2016 Zeta, 1.3L Diesel). I will post pics soon.
Lokesh from Swastikaa. 095137 89966 is his number. He also owns a 1.3 so he know this vehicle in and out.

Also for JP Nagar, they offer pick up and drop services so if in case that works for you.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 12:39   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

So the year chugged on pretty peacefully with not a lot of usage being seen in the last six months.

On a curious note, I decided to do the quick calculation for the year 2022

Kms on the car : 3800-4000 kms
Kms on the cycle : 2300+ kms
Kms on the bikes (2) : <1000 kms
Kms running around (pun intended) : 750+ kms

I don't know if I should be happy (on my fitness efforts) or the seemingly low usage of the multiple ICE vehicles at home
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 18:41   #51
BHPian

I had a question regarding clutch and torque in Maruti DDIS 200.

Without any throttle input, I observe that the vehicle gains higher speed with the clutch engaged 80-90% (that is I take my foot off the clutch pedal about 80-90%) than when I fully (100%) take my foot off the clutch. Is this normal behaviour? Or, is it a symptom of a deeper problem?

For example, when I press the clutch and engage the 2nd gear and when I almost take my foot off the clutch pedal, the vehicle moves quickly cut when I fully take my foot off the clutch the vehicle is sluggish.
Old 23rd March 2023, 18:56   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepskarobar View Post
Quick Question , Can I directly go with Remap Stage 2 and Skip Stage 1 or Is it incremental and have to first go with Stage 1 and then Stage 2 ?
Apologies for the delayed response - seems like I have been missing out on posts on this thread. I'm sure you already have the answer figured out - yes, you can skip to stage 2.

Trust your ownership is going great; and hope you have got the timing belt work done on your car; given it's also in the 7th year of running. If not, I'd recommend to get started on this at the earliest possible.
Old 1st July 2023, 04:51   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Trip to Mangalore
With a new born in the house, the car had been mostly being used for very short trips to the hospital and clinics over the last year. In fact the last trip that was more than 10 kms was a trip to Mysore more than six months ago. So when the need arose to shift our base to Mangalore, I jumped at opting for the car as the mode of transport.

With a 7 weeks old in tow, my wife wasn't taking any chances so apart from us 3 and the M-in-law, the car was loaded with the car seat, and every nook and cranny was utilised to carry baby support items. We practically shifted the full baby setup from Bangalore to Mangalore. Plan was made to travel over weekdays to avoid traffic with numerous halts planned over the route, and the option to stopover midway and break up the drive over two days. Basically the baby reaction to the drive determines the trip itinerary.

Interestingly, he turned out to be a tbhp champ - happily enjoyed the travel throughout. In our trial runs in the city, he went off to sleep in the car, which we thought was just by chance. But so did he during the longer drive and instead chose to be wide awake at the food pitstops. We weren't complaining and made use of the same pitstops to change his diapers and do the driving entirely in 1 day; with 3 major halts at Dhruvathare, Growers Coffee House and Ibbani Cafe.

My Silver Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Review | A pre-owned fun experiment | EDIT: 100,000 km up-20230623_120243.jpg

My Silver Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Review | A pre-owned fun experiment | EDIT: 100,000 km up-20230623_114243.jpg

The weather was absolutely wonderful. While Dhruvathare experience was good as it always has been over the years, the unplanned stopover at The Growers Coffee House was the best of the lot. Beautiful and airy cafe setup right in the middle of coffee estates - we just loved it. Had a few cuppa followed by some very light akki roti, and then moved on.

Ibbani Cafe on the other hand turned out to be a dampener. No complaints against the cafe, it was just that the place was crowded and filled with bikers and several other travellers at the same time as us. So we decided to make it a short halt and move on.

My Silver Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Review | A pre-owned fun experiment | EDIT: 100,000 km up-img20230623wa0004.jpg

The weather changed suddenly from a bright sunny day to overcast clouds as we neared the ghat sections. Rain started following us from Ibbani Cafe and never stopped till we came down the ghats. It wasn't the full-on pelting rain but rather light drizzly rains that came and went; but allowing a beautiful hazy mist throughout the ghat section. The road overall was in great condition with hardly any bad sectors.

My Silver Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Review | A pre-owned fun experiment | EDIT: 100,000 km up-20230623_131133.jpg

The rest of the drive went uneventful except for the fact that we could never figure out a place for a late lunch so eventually we decided to have it at Mangalore only. Surprisingly, while I had decided to keep my speed unchecked, we reached Mangalore by 3.30pm (we had left around 7.45am with about 1.5+ hours of halt time in the trip); which wasn't very far from my normally spirited driving on these routes.

My Silver Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Review | A pre-owned fun experiment | EDIT: 100,000 km up-20230630_122300.jpg
Another waterfall halt in Kasaragod later during the trip
ninjatalli is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 10:20   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Return to Bangalore

So we drove back to Bangalore leaving early morning - it was pitch dark and raining heavily so we had to drive really slow but finally it got much better near Banatwal. Contrary to my earlier plans, we decided to stick to Charmadi as there was negligible traffic and we passed through the ghats with only the occasional truck or car passing by. Only the monkeys were to give us company.

My Silver Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Review | A pre-owned fun experiment | EDIT: 100,000 km up-20230715_072725.jpg

The rain had abated by the time we crossed the Charmadi ghat so it was beautiful sights with clear skyline that gave magnificent views of the ghats around us.

My Silver Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Review | A pre-owned fun experiment | EDIT: 100,000 km up-20230715_073044.jpg

We reached our first halt - Ibbani Cafe just when they were opening their shutters at 8 am. Based on feedback, we ordered a few rounds of neer dosas and cold coffee; which really turned out to actually be coffee milkshake as we saw her putting scoops of ice cream in the mix. Should have stuck with just hot coffee as the "cold coffees" kept us yawning over the next few hours.

Had lunch at Dhruvathare (that place just never fails us) and landed back in the middle of peak Bangalore traffic; even on a Saturday afternoon. Thankfully the ride was uneventful and best of all, our 2 month old boy absolutely loved sleeping in the car seat and didn't have any issues throughout the drive. Mission successful on that aspect for sure.
ninjatalli is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 10:46   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Glad to know the boy is turning into a road tripper!
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 17:21   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Glad to know the boy is turning into a road tripper!
Indeed. Boy is thankfully following in his father's footsteps Bad roads, noisy traffic, nothing woke him up. Took feeding and poop-ing breaks every 1-1.5 hours and that worked perfect for him. Only was cranky when we reached closer to home (but we realised that was because he hadn't fed for over 2 hours). Next run - trip to Chennai next month.

My Silver Maruti S-Cross 1.6 Review | A pre-owned fun experiment | EDIT: 100,000 km up-20230716_171601.jpg
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks