Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
195/65-15. and heres some words.
ok thanx a lot dude...

rev
Old 29th May 2007, 08:22   #137
Team-BHP Support

I can't help thinking that the SX4 looks like a sharpened up Indigo from the front and squared off Petra from the back especially in darker colours
Old 30th May 2007, 14:35   #138
BHPian

The oil recommended by maruthi for 1st service change in sx4 is IDEMITSU API-SJ-5W30.
thats semi synthetic.
will that help the running-in?
can i change the semi synthetic to synthetic ones without flushing??
is it good to change to synthetic b/w 7000-10000km?
Old 31st May 2007, 20:22   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post

1) Steering wheel was really hard compared to the butter smooth PS in the Cedia. The sales guy says hydraulic PS will always be smoother than electronic PS. Is this true?

I too think that it is the other way round & the best example is Wagon R & Santro where Wagon R with its EPS will be a bliss in cities.
Old 14th August 2009, 00:35   #140

I TD'ed the "Man are back" tag car and found pretty good !!
Be it suspensions (Which were just right for the Indian roads), engine capacity (More than thought off...), Big tyres (strong grip on the road), Smooth Steer wheel....but I agree display unit much have been worked on and made beeter (Orange color gives a shabby appearence)

Over all...VALUE FOR MONEY (Itne paiso me itna hi milega...)
Old 14th August 2009, 09:01   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea View Post
I too think that it is the other way round & the best example is Wagon R & Santro where Wagon R with its EPS will be a bliss in cities.
I too thought hydraulic will always be offering power assistance while electronic might be offering power assistance only when the turn angle is > some preset angle. santro i think has a fatter tyre offering more resistance so feeling slightly heavier.
Old 21st August 2009, 11:30   #142

My Sx4 Experience Since September 2007

It is almost two years and I have only GOOD things to say. I have clocked about 16,000 Kms todate. First and Foremost the Fuel Consumption. It has given much better mileage than expected. I am getting 14 Kms with AC and 16 Kms to the litre without AC in winters. I live in Noida and have been driving between Noida and Civil Lines, Delhi with monthly trips to Meerut. Of course I havent had to drive much in bumper to bumper traffic, but I think that a lot also depends on your individual style of driving.

Secondly, the car handles very well and the extra ground clearance certainly helps on our road conditions. It gives a very comfortable ride.

The ABS gives you a feeling of total control over the movement of the car, being able to stop suddenly rather well, when required. The excellent acceleration adds to this feeling of total control over the movement, as both acceleration & deceleration are equally important when one talks about movement.

The only thing which Motor Craft, Noida could not resolve during the first 3 Free services is that getting into momentum from stop in the first gear, could have been smoother. It is not as smooth as changing into the remaining gears, on which the car moves very smoothly, indeed. I am not talking about the gear changing process/mechanism, but about the movement of the car in that gear. As far as the gear changing mechanism is concerned, getting into Reverse gear still poses a problem once in a while, when you need to try a few times before it engages.

Overall, I would highly recommend the SX4 to anyone scouting for a car in this segment.

My next Service (24 Months) is coming up in Semptember. Should I stick with Motor Craft, Noida, who I presume are the best in Noida, or try someone better in Delhi ? Would be grateful for advice / suggestions please.

Thanks,
Ashok Sawhney
Old 21st August 2009, 13:27   #143
Senior - BHPian

Ashok,

Good to see a post from you after all this while. The problem regarding the lack of smoothness while moving from neutral to the first gear is due to the poor low end torque of the car. At low rpm there is a bit of vibration /judder/ harshness.

The fuel consumption reported by you is simple phenomenal. Could you share a few tips. I get 11.5- 12 kpl in city and it goes on to 14 -14.5 kpl on the highways.

As far as service is concerned, Motorcraft is the best. I would recommend tht you stick to them.
Old 7th September 2009, 14:20   #144

Thanks a lot, Rajneesh. I guess I'll stick to Motorcraft Noida then. Sorry for the delayed response as I was out of town/without internet. I can think of the following as regards the FE, from my personal experience :

(a) I generally maintain 80 Kmph as the MAX SPEED on highways. During city driving this comes down to 60-70 Kmph. At these speeds you can avoid changing gears/speeds too much as you are not really trying to overtake etc. A STEADY SPEED is the next most important aspect for FE.

(b) Correct tyre pressure. I maintain 33.

(c) Fill up petrol at COCO (Company Owned Company Operated) Stations or, if not available, at other renowned/known Pumps who will not cheat for Quantity. I have been filling only Regular Petrol.

(d) The Traffic you are driving through is, of course, very important. To get 14.5 KMPL I am lucky that my Working Hours allow me to beat the traffic both ways. Otherwise, this last month when I have had to drive through heavier traffic and for shorter destinations, my average came down to 12.5 KMPL. For City driving average of 14.5 KMPL, my destination (one way) is about 20 Kms, and commute time between 8.00 - 8.45 AM and 4.00 - 4.45 PM. The route also matters; I drive from Noida to Civil Lines, Delhi and back, ie Good Roads and Minimal Traffic Lts etc.

One more question Rajneesh for you reg Motorcraft. Have you had your Car Insurance also done through them, ie Maruti Insurance and how much have you paid for the
renewal ?

Thanks,
Ashok
Old 8th September 2009, 19:38   #145

Here seems to be a healthy discussion on SX4. Many thanks Ashok/ Rajneesh for ur valuable inputs....somethngs which I nvr knew abt SX4 are clear now.

Well just out of curiosity, can anyone help me in deciding whether buying a SX4 and then converting it into CNG would be a better option over buying a Swift Sezire (Diesel)??

To clarify...I have these 2 cars currently in my mind...SX4 bcoz I just love the car by its looks/ power/ VFM....whereas Desire (Diesel) seesm to be the next talk of the town with an mileage of 22-24.

Suggestions with respect to the above or related cars are most welcomed.

Regards,
Rohit
Old 14th January 2011, 13:47   #146
BHPian

Re: SX4, BOUGHT and RIPPED..!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tips Ashok / Rajneesh. Is the green sx4 good, how is the pickup or is it better to wait for the diesel launch
Old 14th January 2011, 15:39   #147
BHPian

From my experience with it, the SX4 Green is the ultimate Maruti. Fast when you need it to be, frugal the rest of the time. All with the assurance of Maruti aftersales support. You will save, on average, 40% in fuel costs over a MJD VGT engine.
Old 15th January 2011, 16:32   #148
BHPian

Went through all the ten pages of this thread, but where is the 'ripped' part, Memo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.mishra View Post
Thanks for the tips Ashok / Rajneesh. Is the green sx4 good, how is the pickup or is it better to wait for the diesel launch
I have posted my account of the SX4 Green here. I did look at Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and decided that one cannot justify buying Diesel for economy for yearly run less than 20000km. (You can download the spreadsheet here). One buys diesel for other reasons, but that is a different story altogether.

Most Viewed