Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2021, 12:21   #16
BHPian

Re: Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrödingersCar View Post
Would be interesting to understand OP's thought process as he eventually went with a non-MSIL product, but there were some other options like Altroz, i10 Nios, Ignis, etc. and others which were not in consideration.
Most definitely, if OP reads this comment, he could elaborate further.

I based my comment on the fact that he first TD'd a Swift, then a Swift Desire, and in one case the SA seemed rude / not interested, an aggressive and polite SA might have even sealed the deal there.
Old 22nd July 2021, 13:19   #17
BANNED

What an amazing review! This is surely helping me finalize my decision. Before reading this I was sure of getting the non turbo XV premium. Now it is going to be turbo or nothing.
WhiteWash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 16:12   #18
BHPian

Update- We went for a road trip in our new Magnite with 4 passengers to Santiniketan on 15th July and returned to Kolkata on 17th July. (Will share a detailed travelogue shortly).The car covered a total distance of 429kms and consumed 25 liters of fuel. As per tankful method calculation, the Magnite gave an overall fuel efficiency of 17.16kmpl with 100% AC on.
swiftvxi06 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 16:16   #19
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations swiftvxi06 on your new car. The Magnite looks classy in white! Looking forward to hear your ownership experience over time.
Nair.V8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 19:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Lovely writeup and liked the snaps, particularly the one with water dripping from your Magnite (did you do any ceramic coating? There is a nice waterbeading effect)!
Thank you so much. I didn't do any ceramic coating on the car. I just took the pic during rains. I am planning to do a teflon coating and underbody rubberized anti rust coating in future. Also I plan to install fog lights or DRLs once Nissan starts giving DRLs, foglamps (heard that they will introduce them in 3-4 months time) as part of official accessories. I have seen that some dealers in Kerala were offering them to XE, XL owners but not in case of Kolkata.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 22nd July 2021 at 21:37. Reason: quote tags
Old 23rd July 2021, 00:14   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftvxi06 View Post
MID showing 30.kmpl at speeds of 45kmph with AC on
First Rule of the FE Club: Never Trust Your MID!

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-img20210719154940.jpg

I'd gone on a 300+ KM's JoyDrive to Vagamon and a few other places recently and this is what I got on my Bolero, coincidentally almost the same FE as my Pulsar 220.

If you'd known the terrain then you'd say that I'd be lucky to get a 2 digit FE figure at all.

Having cleared that, wish you all the best and hope you clock some serious miles on her soon.

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 02:11   #22
BHPian

Congratulations Abhirup, such drool worthy photos. Magnite sure does look beautiful and is value for money, recently we were searching car for my brother in law and we went for test drive of i10 Nios, sports AMT model on road price was around 8.6 lac and after coming home when he checked Magnite, he was shocked to see the on road prices starting from 6.5 lac for the base variant. Nisaan have a chance at revival, if they can manage the after sales experience. Anyways, wish you have a memorable and enjoyable ownership experience with Magnite.
EmpyreanKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 09:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
First Rule of the FE Club: Never Trust Your MID!

Attachment 2182670

I'd gone on a 300+ KM's JoyDrive to Vagamon and a few other places recently and this is what I got on my Bolero, coincidentally almost the same FE as my Pulsar 220.

If you'd known the terrain then you'd say that I'd be lucky to get a 2 digit FE figure at all.

Having cleared that, wish you all the best and hope you clock some serious miles on her soon.

Regards,
A.P.
Hahaha.. Thanks for sharing the FE Club rule. Yes all MIDs show a bit more FE in cars since it is not 100% accurate always. Even my calculations of 17.16kmpl FE achieved in our recent road trip are purely based on tankful method calculation not on MID.
swiftvxi06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 19:21   #24
BHPian

Congratulations Swiftvxi06. Magnite is a great product and it is one of the best looking cars in the Indian market. Your car looks dashing in white. I own a Nissan Kicks myself and I am delighted with it.

There are very few cars which provide such value for money and better safety at this price.

Wish you many happy kilometres.
Godzilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 13:32   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Congratulations Swiftvxi06. Magnite is a great product and it is one of the best looking cars in the Indian market. Your car looks dashing in white. I own a Nissan Kicks myself and I am delighted with it.

There are very few cars which provide such value for money and better safety at this price.

Wish you many happy kilometres.
Thank you so much Godzilla. Glad to see that you are also a member of LOTR (Lord Of The Roads) Club.. I am also a moderator and a fellow member of the same LOTR Club. Your Kicks looks wonderful.
Old 27th July 2021, 12:25   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
Nice review. Congrats on the white beauty.

A few questions:
How does the engine feel in second gear and low speeds?
Is there any turbo lag, especially when driving with full pax or ac?
What speeds is the car comfortable at - cruising speed?
Does it have a FGT or VGT?
Is this the same engine as in the triber?

A few points:
The MID is never accurate, it's calculation is primarily based on throttle position and is not so dependable.

The DTE feature too, should not be taken very seriously, instead just an added convenience (with approximate numbers)

The music system shown here is very similar or probably same as the Duster 2016 model.

Please opt for the AMC, as it works out much cheaper if you clock high miles. My friend has a Duster 2016, he opted for the 2yr AMC for 25k one time payment.
I was surprised that it includes the following
1. Both belts - timing and accessory replacement, both wear & tear, scheduled change too. (This itself costs 14k)
2. It also includes 2 services including labour and material - oil, oil filter, air filter, brake cleaning, 1 wheel alignment too.
Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-renaultduster09.jpg Image Courtesy- Team-bhp Official Review of 2012 Renault Duster.

The Music System is indeed the one used in pre-facelift Renault Duster RXZ model minus the CD Player.
swiftvxi06 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 23:49   #27

How are the engine temps while driving. I was quite sceptical about the temps as in many review videos I have seen engine temperature always at 4 bars in the MID.
Did you experience any sort of engine overheat issues during long trips?
Do tell if your MID too shows 4 bars
Old 29th July 2021, 12:28   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackerboy303 View Post
How are the engine temps while driving. I was quite sceptical about the temps as in many review videos I have seen engine temperature always at 4 bars in the MID.
Did you experience any sort of engine overheat issues during long trips?
Do tell if your MID too shows 4 bars
No issues with high engine temp.
Engine overheat issues were predominately restricted to old Amby cars and Fiats and old Opel cars like Astra. I have not heard about it happening in today's new generation vehicles especially with turbo petrol engines.
Temperature bar always remains in mid part of the C (Cold section)section. After driving for a considerable period of time, it moves slightly but never reached the H (Hot) section.
Magnite XE/ XL/XL Turbo models have only 3 bars for engine temp and 5/6 bars in digital fuel gauge.
Old 30th July 2021, 06:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new ride. It is a great choice and I wish you many happy miles of motoring!
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 20:59   #30
BHPian

Update- My Magnite Turbo manual gave a city mileage of 15.95kmpl without AC on yesterday on a combined trip of 33.5kms within the city. Tankful method calculation.

Most Viewed