Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2022, 19:51   #46
BHPian

Re: Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220205-2.03.00-pm.jpeg

Small Update-

Our White Beauty gets a badge from Lord of the Roads- Nissan, group.
The group was formed by some Nissan owners and is officially supported by Nissan India as well as one of Nissan India’s biggest dealers- M/s Autorelli Nissan.
swiftvxi06 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 18:17   #47
BHPian

A Day to Remember- 18.02.2022

Took White Beauty for a deep clean at Autorelli Nissan service center in Topsia.
Was attended immediately by Ms. Tumpa Mahato, CRM and the car was duly sent for the work. Like always, the vehicle was washed thoroughly and wiped with a dresser and the car started shining like the Sun.

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-ss-1.jpg

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-ss2.jpg

Some pics of White Beauty after thorough clean

However, it seems Almighty had a different plan. While returning home in Narendrapur, we were waiting at a traffic signal to turn green when suddenly I noticed a Royal Enfield bike which was waiting behind my car, being hit by a sand laden truck and in turn it hit my car. Luckily the truck didn't move further and became tilted after its right side wheels went outside the road and stopped, 1 inch difference would have made the truck turn turtle and land in the roadside canal. Today got a feel of the build quality of Magnite. The car just rocked very little despite the bike hitting the car hard from the back due to the truck which never applied any brakes. However, me and my father was lucky that we didn't have had any injuries and the car had some dents in the boot. Bumper, tail lamps were all fine. Since the incident happened in front of a police checkpost, cops immediately took action. They caught the truck driver and asked for his license, which he couldn't produce. The truck was leaning precariously on the edge and any more tilting would have made it fall inside the canal. The truck was towed back on the road while the owner was asked to cough up for the damages. After some negotiations, he agreed to pay part amount. I was getting late hence didnt negotiate further. Agreed and left.

Name:  AC1.jpg
Views: 1163
Size:  52.2 KB
The offending sand laden Tata truck

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-ac2.jpg

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-ac3.jpg

White Beauty after being hit, the damaged boot.

Here, I would like to thank Lord of the Roads- Nissan Group which took up the matter on their own and spoke with Nissan India as well as Autorelli Nissan dealership owner. The Executive Assistant to the MD called me and said that she is personally looking into the matter. The car has been sent for repairs yesterday at Autorelli Nissan Topsia service center. I met the main body mechanic of the workshop who said that the boot and bumper would be replaced. I will hopefully get my car back on upcoming Wednesday or Thursday. Stay tuned.
swiftvxi06 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 18:36   #48
BHPian

Update-

The Insurance (Bharti AXA General Insurance now ICICI Lombard) company sent an Insurance Surveyor who made physical survey at the service station on Monday. On Tuesday they approved the claim and work started today.

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220223-6.18.27-pm.jpeg

White Beauty with its new boot and bumper. Painting work has started.
swiftvxi06 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 20:53   #49
BHPian

Our White Beauty ( Magnite Turbo XL) has been repaired and back in action. Took delivery of the car yesterday from Autorelli Nissan Kolkata Topsia service center.
Here are the pics -
Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-mg-1.jpg
White Beauty with new bumper

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-mg-2.jpg
First glimpse of White Beauty after the repair

Special mention to Ms. Tumpa Mahato, CRM at Autorelli Topsia workshop for immediately starting the process by blocking the boot and bumper in their systems for my car. Mr. Sandip Sarkar for smooth process of availing insurance and Ms. Jessica Felicia Johns (EA to MD) for her personal dedication in looking into the matter.
I would like to thank all of them for sharing daily updates. The painting work is top notch and makes the car look just like brand new. My journey with Nissan India as a customer has been truly wonderful so far. For a car enthusiast like me, it's a moment of joy when you get back your favourite vehicle back.
LIVE TO DRIVE !!!

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-pic-1-mg.jpg

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-pic-3-mg.jpg

White Beauty gets a brand new Team-BHP sticker
Old 18th April 2022, 18:33   #50
BHPian

Update- 1st Free Service

On 1st April 2022, White Beauty was taken to Autorelli Nissan Topsia Workshop for repainting a part which had peeled off on its own. This part was part of the new boot which was replaced following an accident which we met in February 2022.

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-wb-ss-1.jpg
The paint peel off

The car was inspected and sent for repainting of the whole panel . It was done in a heat chamber in the paint booth. The car was masked in a very professional manner and the painting was done.

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-wb-ss-2.jpg
The car being masked at the paint booth

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-wb-ss-3.jpg
The whole car under mask

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-wb-ss4.jpg
The peel off area applied with putty

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-wb-ss-5.jpg
Voila !! the newly painted panel

After painting the car was sent for its First Free Service . The technicians at the service center changed the engine oil, gear oil, air filter, done wheel alignment as per of the First Service protocol.

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-wb-ss-8.jpg
White Beauty raised for servicing

Since I had Nissan's Pre- Paid Maintenance Pack (Gold Care). I only paid Rs 324 as the final bill amount (for wheel weights which arent covered under the package). Overall servicing was done very well.
The Maintenance packages of Nissan are superb value for money and are very much cost effective compared to competition.

Last edited by swiftvxi06 : 18th April 2022 at 19:01.
Old 18th April 2022, 18:34   #51
BHPian

White Beauty Celebrates Her 1st Birthday

On 12th April 2022, Our White Beauty (Nissan Magnite Turbo XL) turned one year old.
We celebrated the day with a small cake cutting ceremony. Here are the pics-

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-wb-1.jpg
White Beauty's 1st Birthday Cake

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-wb-2.jpg
White Beauty posing with her cake

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-wb-3.jpg
Glimpses of 1st Birthday Celebration of Our White Beauty

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-wb-4.jpg
Your's truly cutting the cake with his better half Sudeshna

Name:  WB 5.jpg
Views: 991
Size:  64.9 KB
Old Memory- Delivery Day Picture from Autorelli Nissan Kolkata

Over the last 1 year, White Beauty has been driven a total of just 2600 kms majorly owing to work from home due the pandemic and not being used regularly since we use our other car ie the 2008 Alto LXI Celebration Edition for going to congested parts of Narendrapur and Kolkata where its easy to drive in an Alto, negotiating the tight small lanes. Over this 1 year of ownership, I have noticed that the car has become much more fuel efficient compared to its initial days (maybe it was still in its run-in period, experts can surely throw some light here), from 10-11kmpl in city it was now gone above 16-17kmpl in city (with AC on) and without AC it is returning around 17- 18kmpl in a city like Kolkata (Tankful method calculations). This was actually stunned me and its more efficient than my Alto LXi. The engine and pick up is still very smooth and there hasnt been any rattling issues in the car till now (touchwood). Heard that initial prototypes had some issues with respect to fitment and rattling. Nissan's Service Center in Kolkata has been very supportive and their service quality is good.

Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review-wb-6.jpg
First pic of White Beauty at home after delivery ceremony last year

Last edited by swiftvxi06 : 18th April 2022 at 19:00.
swiftvxi06 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 11:21   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftvxi06 View Post
White Beauty Celebrates Her 1st Birthday

On 12th April 2022, Our White Beauty (Nissan Magnite Turbo XL) turned one year old.
Congratulations swiftvxi06! The way you celebrate your car is truly amazing and speaks a lot about the bond that you and your family share with the car. Your ownership experience is also a great reference point for anyone considering the Magnite turbo, which as a CSUV punches far above its weight. The mileage figures are truly outstanding. Since with 2600 kms run in a year, your car has barely scratched the surface in terms of its capability, hope to see some TLs in future too as that will redress that imbalance

Happy turbo-ing and hope to see White Beauty in the next meet.
Neversaygbye is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 14:32   #53
BHPian

Congratulations on completing 1 year of ownership. The fuel efficiency figures are indeed very good. 2600 kms in a year is very low running, time to give your humble Alto some rest, hope to see your ride munching more miles in the future. Your Magnite in white looks absolutely gorgeous, in fact I personally like the Magnite in two colours, one is white and the other is black.
ArTigor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 10:33   #54
BHPian

Hi swiftvxi06,

I came across your ownership thread when looking for longer-term owner reviews of the Magnite. Congratulations, you're Magnite sure is a looker

A qn: have you had any issues with a loud grinding/rock-sliding like sound from from the brakes when braking - particularly when braking at low speeds?

I keep hearing about this in recent user-reviews, hence the question.
Old 26th July 2023, 15:40   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
Hi swiftvxi06,

I came across your ownership thread when looking for longer-term owner reviews of the Magnite. Congratulations, you're Magnite sure is a looker

A qn: have you had any issues with a loud grinding/rock-sliding like sound from from the brakes when braking - particularly when braking at low speeds?

I keep hearing about this in recent user-reviews, hence the question.
Thank you for you kind words. Yes there has been been many instances of braking noise from many owners but in my car's case, it has happened once or twice during winter months. The car has done a total run of 6200kms till date. I am planning to add fog lamps and DRLs in my car.
Old 26th July 2023, 17:25   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for you kind words. Yes there has been been many instances of braking noise from many owners but in my car's case, it has happened once or twice during winter months. The car has done a total run of 6200kms till date. I am planning to add fog lamps and DRLs in my car.
Thank you for your reply!

I am also driving a Magnite now and haven't had to face the constant grinding braking noise so far (a little over 4000Kms). Every morning there is some brake squeal, but with some usage (2-3 brakings) it wears off and becomes silent.
Transmission is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 16:50   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Can you help me with answers to a few questions if its not too much to ask?

1. Do you have any interior rattling issues ?
2. This brake behaviour: Link with details (Nissan Magnite Review)
3. Do you have any traces of oil/grease on the rods behind the front tyres? (detail and pics (Nissan Magnite Review))

Thanks in advance!
Old 29th July 2023, 20:43   #58
BHPian

[quote=Transmission;5593446]Can you help me with answers to a few questions if its not too much to ask?

Till now i havent seen any rattling issues as far as from the interiors are concerned. There has had been rattling issues with some prototype and media drive vehicles with the initial models of Magnite cars in 2020. No jerk on brakes felt (I have a manual model of Turbo XL), Magnite Turbo CVT owners can share more details on the same. Also I havent seen any traces of oil/ grease on the rods behind front tyre. I would suggest kindly get your car checked at Nissan authorized service centre or any good FNG.
swiftvxi06 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed