Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2021, 17:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Ameo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSuri View Post
Today I upgraded the window glasses of my ride to the “UV-Cut glasses with Dark Green Tints”.
Can you share the cost for these? Would be really helpful since the AC in VW cars is not really very powerful.

Also, did you install these at OEM service station?
Old 23rd August 2021, 18:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Can you share the cost for these? Would be really helpful since the AC in VW cars is not really very powerful.

Also, did you install these at OEM service station?
Already mentioned in the previous post. Anyways it costed between 7-8k. From VW ASC.

AC will perform better. I hardly turned the temperature lower than 24 degree during peak summers in delhi. Also the heat from sun rays do not bother me anymore and there is no need for window blinds anymore.

Hope that answers the usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun.hb View Post
I too own a similar spec Ameo but of 2018 make. Could you share more details about the paddle shifter steering wheel. Price and vendor to be specific. Any pointers regarding installation would be helpful. Thank you.
The steering wheel can be installed on any Polo/Vento/Ameo with DSG transmission (if I’m not wrong). It’s a plug & play install. I got the steering wheel with airbag for 30k. Paid installation charges of 1700 to VW ASC. There was no coding involved. Only the airbag light came which was removed by the VCDS.

I had checked with the vendor and he has one more steering wheel available. Let me know if you are interested. I’ll PM you the contact details.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th August 2021 at 10:59. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 23rd August 2021, 23:14   #18

Quote:
I had checked with the vendor and he has one more steering wheel available. Let me know if you are interested. I’ll PM you the contact details.
Invested in upsized tyres and drilled rotors, not yet installed, paddle shifters are next but in the near future. Will get back to you when ready. Thank you for the info.
Old 24th August 2021, 02:28   #19
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun.hb View Post
Invested in upsized tyres and drilled rotors, not yet installed, paddle shifters are next but in the near future. Will get back to you when ready. Thank you for the info.
Anytime brother.

Kindly share some images and cost for the drilled rotors if you can.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Thanks.
Since the VW ASC has done the installation, hope it is under warranty coverage as well? Or is it outside the purview?
For after-market accessory purchases, I have known certain VW authorized dealers (atleast here in Pune) getting the customer to sign a clause which serves more like an exclusion from the general terms & conditions of the warranty.
As there was no wire cut/splice, no error codes, just a plug and play install, I doubt they would have issues at the time of a warranty claim (TOUCHWOOD). One can not say anything about VW.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th August 2021 at 11:00. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 29th August 2021, 00:21   #20

Re: VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review

Quote:
Already mentioned in the previous post. Anyways it costed between 7-8k. From VW ASC.

AC will perform better. I hardly turned the temperature lower than 24 degree during peak summers in delhi. Also the heat from sun rays do not bother me anymore and there is no need for window blinds anymore.

Hope that answers the usage.

The steering wheel can be installed on any Polo/Vento/Ameo with DSG transmission (if I’m not wrong). It’s a plug & play install. I got the steering wheel with airbag for 30k. Paid installation charges of 1700 to VW ASC. There was no coding involved. Only the airbag light came which was removed by the VCDS.

Hi SuperSuri,

Can you please share the contact details of the seller from whom you purchased the steering wheel? would like to upgrade the one in y ameo as well. my email id is ksandee1984@gmail.com

Thanks
Sandeep
Old 13th September 2021, 23:40   #21

Fellow BHPians need you Valuable suggestions on this buying decision:

As I had to let go of my aging 2013 i20 Diesel, I was planning for an upgrade. As my wife is not comfortable with manual, I decided to hunt for a proper Automatic to her preference and a Diesel engine for my liking. And the plan is to hold this car for 3-4 years and the budget is strictly less than the 10L mark

As always went through our Team-BHP review and shortlisted the below cars

New:
Kia Sonet – HTX AT – 13.9 L OTR – budget was the only stopping factor
Honda Amaze – VX CVT – 13.3 OTR – I was not convinced with the TD and the price

Pre-owned:
Rapid / Vento TDI DSG– I see the price on the higher side >10L for 60-80K run 3-year-old car(been searching for months)
Ameo TDI DSG– 6.75 to 7.5L for 20-30K run 3-year-old cars

As I was planning to keep the car for not more than 4 years, felt Ameo will be a decent car to choose knowing its backseat drawback.

Today I did take a TD of a 2017 December model Ameo Highline DSG with just 15K on the ODO, below were my observations:

• Steering wheel was on the heavier side, a friend of mine at VW ASS said that is the nature of Ameo
• There is a lag on the Initial gears especially on D1 and at times I feel the downshifts – heard this is also a known behavior
• As I am moving from i20 the rear seat is cramped, my mom already hates the car as it’s a strict 4 seater. Luckily my family members are not that tall, but inviting guests to the back seat will not be appreciated
• The TD car had clean interiors with seat covers well maintained, the exterior had minor scratches on the rear door panel, which needs a paint job.
• Papers are clean and services records show periodic service at VW, with a service due in 3 months

Now coming to the real questions to my fellow Ameo owner BHPians,
• How is to have 4 / 5 occupants for highway trips. Most of my travel will be around 100-200 Km with 4 occupants + newborn. And maybe 2 trips a year with 500+ Km trips(Coimbatore to Bangalore/ Coimbatore to Chennai)
• As the car is discontinued and with no more VW diesel engines, is it the right decision to choose Ameo just for the Diesel +DSG combo experience?
• Crossing my finger on the DSG reliability, but as the car has just done 15K I believe I can rely on it for at least the next 50K Kms, after getting it tested by a trusted VW mechanic
• As I am planning to keep it for not more than 4 years, will Ameo DSG fetch any decent resale value

The asking price is 7.5L (yet to get into the negotiation table). Need your valuable suggestions for this buying decision

@SuperSuri as you also went from an i20 to Ameo, felt this thread will be the right place to ask my quires.
Old 14th September 2021, 09:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazz90 View Post

Now coming to the real questions to my fellow Ameo owner BHPians,
• How is to have 4 / 5 occupants for highway trips. Most of my travel will be around 100-200 Km with 4 occupants + newborn. And maybe 2 trips a year with 500+ Km trips(Coimbatore to Bangalore/ Coimbatore to Chennai)
I have a ~10 year old Indica Vista and a pre-owned Ameo DSG picked up about an year ago. Ameo has comfortable space for 2 adults + 2 teens for long trips. 4 not so tall (~5 ft 7") but fit adults will be 'adequately' comfortable as well. A toddler can be accommodated in both these combinations. My parents prefer Vista over Ameo due to the ease in ingress and egress. You are planning to keep the car for 4 years, the newborn will grow along the way, factor this in your space needs. I would have picked up a Vento if I had a bigger parking space. Spending 2-3L extra will be well worth it for the extra space it provides.

I recommend that you take the "4/5 occupants" that will be in the car to a showroom and have them seated inside the car for ~10 minutes and decide for yourself

Quote:

• As the car is discontinued and with no more VW diesel engines, is it the right decision to choose Ameo just for the Diesel +DSG combo experience?
With so many specimens on the road I do not foresee any service availability concerns. I have driven my FIL's Vento (Manual TDI) extensively for a few thousand Kilometers and Vista QJD (1.3 diesel) for over a lakh KMs. TDI + DSG is well worth the hype.

Quote:
• Crossing my finger on the DSG reliability, but as the car has just done 15K I believe I can rely on it for at least the next 50K Kms, after getting it tested by a trusted VW mechanic
My Ameo is a 2018 Dec registered one. Earlier DSGs used synthetic oil and it was blamed for premature failures. Newer DSGs uses mineral oil to address this issue. There is still that element of risk with the DQ200 but it is well worth it for its sheer driving pleasure.

Quote:
• As I am planning to keep it for not more than 4 years, will Ameo DSG fetch any decent resale value
This is subjective. I guess it should hold value similar to any other VW car.

Quote:
The asking price is 7.5L (yet to get into the negotiation table). Need your valuable suggestions for this buying decision
Price seems to be higher. I got my Dec-2018 registered one in ~Aug-2020 for lesser but it had ~37k on the Odo. 6.5L seems fair, you can go up if you really like the condition of the car.
Old 18th September 2021, 12:40   #23
BHPian

Part Number for Dark Green Windows are :-
Front left - 6ru 845 201 e
Front Right - 6ru 845 202 e

The window glasses are from VW/Skoda itself, costed me ~₹3700 for front two side windows from Skoda.[/quote]

This is great information. Can anyone confirm if we can get the windscreen in dark green tint as well? If you can share the part number, it would be great.
Old 18th October 2021, 02:16   #24
BHPian

Update:

Got the low beams updated to Crystal Eye LEDs (150watts/pair). The previous LEDs I used were 30watts. Must say, the difference is of 100% from my previous LEDs. The throw and visibility is almost double.

Under street light, headlamps off:
VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-3dbfb1cc62d142aca353eab0b36fddf6.jpeg

Low Beams On:
VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-2b114916e1814d17b992f065d417969d.jpeg

I have used it for two nights (1 hour night drive/night). Checked the temperature of the headlamps and the wiring, totally normal.

Totally recommend it. It’s with 1 year replacement warranty. Will update some more pics on dark road in few days.
Old 18th October 2021, 02:18   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyjee View Post
Hi SuperSuri,

Can you please share the contact details of the seller from whom you purchased the steering wheel? would like to upgrade the one in y ameo as well. my email id is ksandee1984@gmail.com

Thanks
Sandeep
Hi Sandeep,

I had shared the details on your email but forgot to update it on thread. I hope you checked the same.
Old 15th November 2021, 08:24   #26
BHPian

Quote:
@SuperSuri as you also went from an i20 to Ameo, felt this thread will be the right place to ask my quires.
Apologies for the late revert brother.

Sharing my thoughts as following:

A journey of 100-200 kms with 4 adults would be comfortable, but 500 kms plus should be quite a problematic area as Ameo has very less rear seat space. In addition, do keep in mind the boot space is only 330Ltrs. Keeping luggage of 4 adults plus a new born could be tricky.

Coming from i20 diesel, I would say both the cars are different. I really enjoy driving the Ameo due to the better suspension setup and oodles of torque (i20 has 220NM, Ameo has 250NM). The seats are more supporting.

However, I do feel the asking price for the car you are looking at is on a higher side. I got my car for a little less than 10L (brand new Highline Plus DSG with DL registration), and please keep in mind that there were a number of updates to the ameo after 2017 (HUD-bigger screen with CarPlay and Android Auto and 16” Alloy wheels).

You would get a Skoda Rapid DSG/Vento DSG for the price range you are looking at. Also, do have a look at these cars with 1.2 TSI engines + DSG combo as the combination is terrific and it gives good mileage as well. Also, both these will offer a better rear seat space and comfort too.

Let me know if I could be of any help.

Thanks 😊
Old 12th December 2021, 17:09   #27
BHPian

Update:

I had got the Art Leather seats installed sometime back, but CDI don’t share any pics. Please find the same.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-4d5c64d2be23424b904930e2a26aba82.jpeg  

VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-e95b6f7a8d1549c8a4534b5848edca58.jpeg  

VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-234dbb33dba74356b0035fa3418a19fb.jpeg  

SuperSuri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 16:43   #28
BHPian

A quick update:

Bought a DSG Lever Silicon cover from Amazon. Looks decent after installation. Good to hold.

Also, the OEM armrest was making creeping noise since long, applied wd40 on a foam and rubbed all the edges where the lid contacts with the base. Result: SUPERQUITE!

Have a look at the images below:

VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-93041e1ffe0647c7bc7c69baa382b157.jpeg

VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-2354a2e487234c7fb327848777178eb4.jpeg

VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-7fe9ce9975e545ebb6edb2e5af818b0e.jpeg

VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-424508ce3d7e43f4ba3050e99f0f4c67.jpeg

VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-756d44d86af8466fa2f4d60a69754351.jpeg

VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-65c1d45620ac48a3bed3e4f0d308beb6.jpeg

VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-14c5daa9fa3e469a9ac20a41f3e992fa.jpeg

VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-e6c6e8eadbc84349b9d75a10264947e8.jpeg
Old 20th February 2022, 03:01   #29
BHPian

January 2022: Went for a short weekend trip to Jim Corbett and Nainital. The car performed really well. Left Delhi a little late (negatives of this I realised later when I reached the roads of Jim Corbett).

Sharing some of the pics of the journey:

Had delicious lunch at Moga Punjabi Tadka, Gajraula:

VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-b49e66516e5745e7aa62a859761ad2ce.jpeg

Who will decide what is “ADHIK”?
VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-e79d21f7b63447b3aff19b78a18fbb0a.jpeg
Old 20th February 2022, 03:07   #30
BHPian

After the lunch we followed the directions of Google maps, and boy, what a wrong move it was! The map took me to all the different locations and roads, but not to the road to Jim Corbett.

Turned off the maps and asked from a toll attendant for the way and followed the directions. Voila! After wasting a close to 2 hours, I was on the right path and reached Ramnagar around 7:45PM.

Took a CHAI break at Khalsa, Ramnagar. The tea was AWESOME :
Attached Thumbnails
VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-be2e31ac3a094a39872f90ee25b7baf1.jpeg  

VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-69b2ad67f2c74f719e2731596ae96320.jpeg  

VW Ameo 1.5L TDI DSG | Ownership Review-681047164a0047f4a804e9323f422697.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks