Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

congratulations for the new ride .. enjoy it to the max... let us know how is the new car ... also put up some pics !!! cheers ...
Old 22nd May 2007, 13:07   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
For washing, just throw water thro pipe and rub it off using wet cloth - is it good? how do you do it?
Well, that would have been a good idea of water was a non-essential resource, and we had it in plenty all around.

To avoid wasting water, use a bucket of water (half a bucket would do), use a cloth dipped in it and loosen the dirt first time round. Once this has been done all over, get a new bucket of water, and use the cloth dipped and squeezed in this to clean dry the car. Works pretty well unless there are hard tar stains and so on, wherein a different plan on action needs to be invoked.

The whole process i have mentioned above takes me about 45 minutes on my car, and leaves me with a slight workout, including ab exercises and a clean car. For the tyres, i use a tyre conditioner to get the dark polished look.

I initially employed the apartment's watchman to do the job, but one month later, my love for my car made me take it up myself.
Old 22nd May 2007, 13:11   #33
BHPian

Originally Posted by sathya_nars
Quote:
For washing, just throw water thro pipe and rub it off using wet cloth - is it good? how do you do it?
Satya dude you gotta read this...

This is a detailed car cleaning guide from the Expert on the forum

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...car-clean.html

Last edited by kiranpashtakar : 22nd May 2007 at 13:13.
Old 22nd May 2007, 13:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

ben, let me know when you come to chennai, i have a car waiting for your treatment. LOL

NEVER use the hose for cleaning your car as water could get stuck in small places & start to rust. That is best left to service stations where they use high pressure water & later use pressurised air to clear the logged water.

I do it simple & fast. Use that colored dusters that you get to dust the car. Then with half a bucket of water beside you, rinse the blue cloth & squeeze it to almost dry & just wipe clean the car part by part. This excercise alone takes about 20 mins max.
Old 22nd May 2007, 13:32   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranpashtakar View Post
How much was the onroad price???
8.12 Lakhs - Zxi w/o leather
Old 22nd May 2007, 13:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Well, that would have been a good idea of water was a non-essential resource, and we had it in plenty all around.

To avoid wasting water, use a bucket of water (half a bucket would do), use a cloth dipped in it and loosen the dirt first time round. Once this has been done all over, get a new bucket of water, and use the cloth dipped and squeezed in this to clean dry the car. Works pretty well unless there are hard tar stains and so on, wherein a different plan on action needs to be invoked.

The whole process i have mentioned above takes me about 45 minutes on my car, and leaves me with a slight workout, including ab exercises and a clean car. For the tyres, i use a tyre conditioner to get the dark polished look.

I initially employed the apartment's watchman to do the job, but one month later, my love for my car made me take it up myself.
Wow!! Thanks for detailed answer, I should follow this...
Old 22nd May 2007, 13:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Once I had touched wall in parking area and other one, slightly hit my house gate while taking vehicle out (very tight space).

its simple, take a bucket of water, a good thick cloth and do a free wet wipe all over your car (even if water droplets still remain on the car its ok). once this is done, next dip the cloth in good water once again, squeeze all the water as much as possible, making it as dry as possible, give another wipe to remove of all the remaining water on your car. thats it!

Quote:

45 minutes sounds like a gym schedule!! mine takes about 10 minutes. thats all. and the car looks great. remember i have teflon coat on my car, so that protects stains to a great extent. its 2 yrs now and my car looks as good as new even now w.r.t colour fades.
Old 22nd May 2007, 13:44   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
45 minutes sounds like a gym schedule!! mine takes about 10 minutes. thats all. and the car looks great. remember i have teflon coat on my car, so that protects stains to a great extent. its 2 yrs now and my car looks as good as new even now w.r.t colour fades.
@Geek, i follow the same procedure you had mentioned, but somehow, with the quality levels that i insist upon myself in this case, it takes me longer. I also clean the tyres and wheel caps which add to the time.
Noticed that the watchman never bothered to clean the tyres, which is a must-do for me.

Besides, your old car is a M800. right? Explains why it takes you lesser amount of time. Between, do you also clean your car yourself?

Quote:
ben, let me know when you come to chennai, i have a car waiting for your treatment. LOL
@E_L : Keep dreaming, pal. I wouldnt want to tread upon the lines of infidelity here. My car would complain.
Old 22nd May 2007, 14:03   #39
BHPian

where do you use car shampoo ..
Old 22nd May 2007, 14:51   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
where do you use car shampoo ..
Uh... where? navdeep.... are you sure you did not mean 'when'?
Old 22nd May 2007, 16:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Geek, i follow the same procedure you had mentioned, but somehow, with the quality levels that i insist upon myself in this case, it takes me longer. I also clean the tyres and wheel caps which add to the time.
Noticed that the watchman never bothered to clean the tyres, which is a must-do for me.

Besides, your old car is a M800. right? Explains why it takes you lesser amount of time. Between, do you also clean your car yourself?

@E_L : Keep dreaming, pal. I wouldnt want to tread upon the lines of infidelity here. My car would complain.
two things

a. i dont clean tyres everything often, in fact nothing below the side rubber mouldings at all.
b. i would think of any reason a bigger car must take longer, maybe 5 mins more thats all.
Old 22nd May 2007, 21:26   #42
BHPian

Pics of my car

Guys,
check it out, let me know if the link doesn't work...

Old 23rd May 2007, 00:19   #43
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...inch-rims.html
Old 23rd May 2007, 09:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

excellent snaps sathya. the grey really looks very very executive. look after it well. great car man.
Old 23rd May 2007, 09:48   #45
Team-BHP Support

Sathya, the SX4 looks nice in that colour. I didnt quite like the Swift sporting that colour, but here it looks classy. Congrats on finally getting your ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks