Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:21   #1096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Well not hit, not damaged but vibrating excessively then why should not they cover under warranty and instead ask for 7000 ?
No no, it was hit - a biker in Jaipur hit it, and folded backwards. They said a screw or something was broken inside. But 7000 for a mirror, I said forget it, I can live with it shaking a little bit.
Old 22nd October 2008, 17:03   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
That must be for the ZXi variant which has electronically adjusted RVMs in which case you might need to replace the complete assembly & hence the high cost
The Outside Rear View Mirror is common in the VXi and the ZXi. They are both electronically adjustable. The Mirror Assembly of the SX4 costs Rs.1,450/- (confirmed) without painting. Getting the outside mirror cowl painted to match the car colour should cost an additional 500 bucks approx at the dealership

Cheers
Old 27th October 2008, 19:51   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
The Outside Rear View Mirror is common in the VXi and the ZXi. They are both electronically adjustable. The Mirror Assembly of the SX4 costs Rs.1,450/- (confirmed) without painting. Getting the outside mirror cowl painted to match the car colour should cost an additional 500 bucks approx at the dealership

Cheers
Righto. I got a VXi and it has electronically adjustable RVMs. I had bought the car in the first week or two of its release, and the mirrors were NOT body colored.

I recently noticed in a picture here of a VXi with body colored RVMs, plus integrated stereo. Is it default in VXis these days [like a penaltly to people who book very early on?] or is it extra fitted?
Old 27th October 2008, 23:17   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetnaz View Post
I recently noticed in a picture here of a VXi with body colored RVMs, plus integrated stereo. Is it default in VXis these days [like a penaltly to people who book very early on?] or is it extra fitted?
Yup the early lot of SX4 VXI's came with black door handles and black ORVM's. Also the early VXI's did not have the integrated stereo. But i believe MUL had made it a point to install the integrated stereo into the early VXi's whenever they came in for servicing soo that the early VXI customers don't feel cheated coz SX4 VXI's from the last quarter of 2007 onwards came fitted with the Integrated Stereo as standard fitment.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks