Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2007, 17:22   #1
BHPian

Took SX4 delivery successfully and known issues/do's & don't

Finally got my SX4 delivery this saturday from Pratham Motors ORR Bangalore.

I will keep this updated with more info on FE, etc in coming days.

For new owners, some known issues/do's & don'ts:
  1. Due to iCATs, even after you lock the car, small light in Alarm button keeps blinking
  2. If you are first time buyer of car, make sure you know size of car on left side especially, while driving - since it is huge/wider, it is difficult to calculate it - it comes by practise.
  3. Power seems fantastic. Today I took 4 colleagues with me, AC on, I saw no difficulty in terms of pulling or so.
  4. AC seems to be not good yet (I am yet to have sun sheet), but folks who sat in rear said it is comfortable.
  5. Since many accessories are yet to be shipped to dealers (as per what they say), door mat, etc don't fit in exactly. Cover also seems to be not there yet.
  6. Gear box is an issue for me. I TD'd many vehicles and that too SX4 itself I drove 5-7 times. But on day of delivery and even now, I am not used to gear box - there is very little gap between vertical lines in box, many times to go to wrong one (4 instead of 2, 5 instead of 3, etc) - be careful on it...
  7. In other cars, reverse gear is always closer to driver. SX4 is different, it is little further, you won't believe if it is put in reverse.
I will keep you guys posted...I may go out for long drive, stay tuned....
Old 21st May 2007, 17:27   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the newly speeded up delivery! Enjoy and drive long. The gearbox on the SX4 is very precise - a short-shifter, if you like.

Last edited by theMAG : 21st May 2007 at 17:28.
Old 21st May 2007, 17:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats sathya :-)

Btw which car have you upgraded from ?
Old 21st May 2007, 17:40   #4
BHPian

Congrats !!!

Hey Congrats !!

Hope you enjoy it to maxxxxxx

Do post pics and let us know your review as soon as possible we will wait for it

Old 21st May 2007, 17:48   #5
BANNED

Congrats on your new Ride ,Drive safely ...
Old 21st May 2007, 17:49   #6
BHPian

hey congratulations !!!

do keep us posted ... i think you are the second owner on the forum (who has posted atleast)

every1 is very keen to know more about the SX4 ... im sure you'll have a alot of questons thrown at you soon ... do oblige
Old 21st May 2007, 18:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Congrats sathya :-)

Btw which car have you upgraded from ?
This is my first car in life
Old 21st May 2007, 18:27   #8
BHPian

Congrats on your new Car.

Earlier you mentioned about 2 months waiting time. How did you manage to get delivery now? Also post prelim figures on FE.
Old 21st May 2007, 18:28   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post

Do post pics and let us know your review as soon as possible we will wait for it

Since I am newbie, the pics I attach aren't appearing (@Mods, attention please), Yahoo briefcase doesn't allow to post - do you guys know of any site?
Old 21st May 2007, 18:30   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
hey congratulations !!!

do keep us posted ... i think you are the second owner on the forum (who has posted atleast)

every1 is very keen to know more about the SX4 ... im sure you'll have a alot of questons thrown at you soon ... do oblige
Sure, I am keen to answer as well ....I should be going for long drive starting this Thursday to Sunday...

Last edited by sathya_nars : 21st May 2007 at 18:39.
Old 21st May 2007, 18:32   #11
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on your new ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
For new owners, some known issues/do's & don'ts:
  1. Due to iCATs, even after you lock the car, small light in Alarm button keeps blinking
Why is that a issue? that's absolutely normal.
Old 21st May 2007, 18:45   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svel View Post
Congrats on your new Car.

Earlier you mentioned about 2 months waiting time. How did you manage to get delivery now? Also post prelim figures on FE.
Even I don't know ...They kept telling me that it wud take 2-3 months...I kept on shouting since I booked before launch, then one fine day he called me and said that grey one (I opted for) is available and you can take...See the complete details http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ry-issues.html
Old 21st May 2007, 18:47   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Congrats on your new ride.

Why is that a issue? that's absolutely normal.
I think he is talking about some blinking light on his key fob?!! Otherwise what is an "alarm button"? Only thing closest to that I can think of is the Panic mode / car finder button on the remote.

By the way that makes me wonder. Considering that iCats has integrated the security system in the key do people still need those Nippon, Autocop and similar such security cum central locking systems? And if not then considering the fact that Maruti is introducing iCats in all its car are we saying that the makers of these devices are going to loose a large chunk of their business?

Last edited by Zappo : 21st May 2007 at 18:48.
Old 21st May 2007, 18:50   #14
Team-BHP Support

Actually the SX4 has the iCATS with the central locking and remote lock features.

The Alto has only iCATS in the key i.e. code verification on key insertion into the ignition slot.

Central locking and remote locking have to be after market fitments.

The WagonR/Estilo come with central locking and iCATS but no remote lock, i.e. no key FOB.
Old 21st May 2007, 19:25   #15
Team-BHP Support

Hmmmm... Vid my idea about iCats was that it identifies any key which is inserted in the door locks and raises an alarm if it is not the original. On insertion into the steering lock and attempt to start a duplicate key will cause the immobilizer to immobilize the engine. If so I think those who install the autocop type of things as a security device will not need them anymore. Only those who are on the lookout for a central locking system and have an Alto type car will probably think of these devices. Still a big loss for business.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks