Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2007, 05:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whenasked View Post
Bro..dont expect M800 fuel efficiency with Palio 1.1. I dont know where is the issue. Some people are adamant that a car from FIAT will not give mileage. To those guys I have only one request. Please do check realistical mileage of SWIFT & GETZ. Then come back.

Does these cars deliver M800 figures?

Aaa manohara theerathu ninnum.. onhu appurathe karayilekku nokkiyaalum..chetta
interesting. I know people who get 15km up from their Swift
Old 24th May 2007, 05:48   #32
BHPian

What abt Palio 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I do have a Palio 1.2, 2001. I do get consistently 16kmpl on highways. In stop & go, I get 12kmpl.

It is common perception, that only Maruti Vehicles will get better fuel efficiency. I am not a naive to accept that fact.

I was not a fan of any car company prior to 2001. But when Palio launched, I did a comparison of what others offered & bought Palio 1.2. Mind that FIAT was in jeopardy that time when compared to what is now.

May be I would have bot 1.6 also then, if FIAT's future was as BRIGHT as is now!!

Now waiting for PUNTO
Old 25th May 2007, 04:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whenasked View Post
It is common perception, that only Maruti Vehicles will get better fuel efficiency. I am not a naive to accept that fact.
No its not and i am glad that you are not a naive to accept that fact.
I hope that you have not forgotten the Fiesta and also the Ikon gives a good FE

Godfather
Old 25th May 2007, 09:00   #34
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Kannni, dont wait for the fuel in the tank to get over. Fill it up now, check how many litres have gone in. Divide it by the number of kms shown on the odo. And give us your results.

And while you are at it, do enjoy driving her. Its those first few days of driving your own car. The bliss. Nothing feels the same.

Quote:
It is common perception, that only Maruti Vehicles will get better fuel efficiency.
Not really. These days Honda's do. And the Tata Indica's. The Santro's too.
But can you name one FIAT sold in India that is renowned for its superb FE? When one is talking about FE it comes as a package. Weight of the car, engine power, where the torque is produced, and more importantly how one drives it. You cant expect a car weighing close to 1tonne, shedding weight by a mere 70kgs, power by almost 45%, torque by almost 4kgm and expect it to give phenominal FE. If they do then Fiat certainly has something up their sleeves.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 25th May 2007 at 09:01.
Old 25th May 2007, 09:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

fiats dnt give good mileage???

whats under the Swift DDIs?? and what does it give?
Old 25th May 2007, 09:39   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
fiats dnt give good mileage???

whats under the Swift DDIs?? and what does it give?
The day that engine goes into a palio I will take it as a FIAT car. Here I mean a car badged by Fiat. Even if that means borrowing the shell from suzuki or honda , plonk in an engine by toyota or mitsubishi and badge it as a Fiat. You know what I mean besides we are talking about petrol's here I guess.
Old 25th May 2007, 10:42   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanni View Post
I am already done around 600 km. FE --> I am not sure yet as I am waiting the tank to get empty ( I filled full tank ). As for as other things concerned, I am happy with the car.
Done 600Km with tankful (I think its 45litre tank).
So FE is already 600/45 = 13.33kmpl +++
If you still have 3-4 litres in your tank, FE may be 15kmpl+ which is really good for a city like Bangalore where Santros, Zens & WagonRs give 13-14kmpl.

Please do post the FE figures on text tankful, I think it will definetly put on rest to another thread going great guns "FIAT PALIO STILE 1.1, WHY"
GD
Old 25th May 2007, 11:13   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive View Post
Done 600Km with tankful (I think its 45litre tank).
Other cars in this segment have a 35 litre capacity or a max of 37 litres. I doubt if Palio Stile has a 45 litre capacity. If it has, then the mileage increases even more

What does the owners manual say?
Old 25th May 2007, 11:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Other cars in this segment have a 35 litre capacity or a max of 37 litres. I doubt if Palio Stile has a 45 litre capacity. If it has, then the mileage increases even more

What does the owners manual say?

No, its not 45 liters. Its 47 liters
Old 25th May 2007, 11:48   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whenasked
Bro..dont expect M800 fuel efficiency with Palio 1.1. I dont know where is the issue. Some people are adamant that a car from FIAT will not give mileage. To those guys I have only one request. Please do check realistical mileage of SWIFT & GETZ. Then come back.
Does these cars deliver M800 figures?
Hmmm. Seems like some people get real touchy even when faced with a genuine issue - let me elaborate why I said the FE is low.

The Stile 1.1 was detuned to supposedly get more FE. So it surprised me that he mentioned 12kmpl with 50-50 city/highway driving. My car which is 1.6l, more powerful and almost same weight returns 14kmpl under similar conditions. Extrapolating this to the Stile's peers like WagonR/Santro would suggest higher FE figures. Agree that Getz1.3 is low on FE, but dont know about Getz1.1.

Quote:
Aaa manohara theerathu ninnum.. onhu appurathe karayilekku nokkiyaalum..chetta
Thanks, but no thanks. I am fine where I am - not interested in making frequent trips to the fuel station and waiting for months for A.S.S and spares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit
please be kind while commenting on FIATs bcoz such opinion / perception becomes misleading for an average layman who wants a FIAT but bcoz of such rumours backs out of the FIAT camp.
@namit, check out what i mentioned above. The opinion/perception about Fiat is already there for years now - and I did not start it BTW. Opinions do not get formed just by hearsay - real facts help form such opinions IMO.

Quote:
Well, it is not a perception, its a fact. But then its not only Marutis that get good FE. The NHC is a good example for a Honda and the Corolla is a good one for Toyota.

Quote:
May be I would have bot 1.6 also then, if FIAT's future was as BRIGHT as is now!!
Future ? Bright ? Hmmm.
Old 25th May 2007, 11:58   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And my buddy complains his Swift VXi - Nov 2006 returns only 10-11 kmpl. With even my Ikon Flair returning better figures in city driving, his brow remains creased.

I am not sure of its a problem with his car, as he is a sedate driver, takes no part in road drags, and claims a 30-40% A/C usage. Could be his driving style, but just my observation.
Old 25th May 2007, 13:05   #42
BHPian

Congratulations on buying Palio Stile. Palio is the car to enjoy driving. Highway you can continue at 100+ KMPH and you will not have to worry that you are at higher speed what you will feel in Alto and Santro. Enjoy driving. Keep us update. Once you done ur running in try to pull car in 3rd gear. It can cross 125 in 3rd gear.

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 25th May 2007 at 13:06.
Old 25th May 2007, 13:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
But then its not only Marutis that get good FE. The NHC is a good example for a Honda and the Corolla is a good one for Toyota.
SB, please don't say that all Maruti Cars give good FE!
Yes, all their tin boxes - 800, Alto, Wagon R and Estilo gives good FE thanks to their light weight, but Swift with a better build quality gives a FE of 10 - 12 kmpl in City.
And my Palio 1.2 gives 12 - 13 kmpl and Palio 1.1 Stile delivers 12 - 15 kmpl in City.
Old 25th May 2007, 13:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
SB, please don't say that all Maruti Cars give good FE!
Yes, all their tin boxes - 800, Alto, Wagon R and Estilo gives good FE thanks to their light weight, but Swift with a better build quality gives a FE of 10 - 12 kmpl in City.
Well, apart from the G.Vitara, all the Maruti range give good FE compared to its respective peers.

The way you put it, it would sound as if being lightweight is a crime. I would say it is good design given the conditions in which compact cars operate. And anyway, there are threads here which show that there is only so much that even tank-like-builds can offer in terms of protection. So, why not drive an efficient tin box (and one that actually moves instead of being bogged down by all that sheet metal weight) instead of a guzzler tank ?

And saying that the Swift returns 10kmpl is going against all the owner-reported figures posted here. I don't own/drive a swift, so no comments on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Palio 1.1 Stile delivers 12 - 15 kmpl in City.
Isn't 12-15 a kind of really wide FE range ? And 15kml in city is like M800/Alto territory - don't think tanks can get there - its like trying to have your cake and eat it too. Also, I am not sure where you got the figures from because we have like only 1-2 reviews on Stile on tbhp, and one of them says a city-highway average of 12 only.
Old 25th May 2007, 13:30   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, all their tin boxes - 800, Alto, Wagon R and Estilo gives good FE thanks to their light weight
Actually Finney, i will have to disagree here. My baleno is regularly giving me 12 - 13 with AC in bangalore and the build of the Baleno is anything but tinny.

My palio, in similar conditions gives 11-12. having said that, my friends wagon R also gives him 12-12.5 max. Hence I dont agree with the impression that Palio (1.2) is not fuel efficient. However, it is burdened with negative perception from the Mark I Palio days.

On the highway, the Palio gave me 15 while the Baleno has given me 18 on more than one occasion. Still, I have no complaints from the Palio with regard to the driving experience or the FE. My only complaint is with regards to Fiat (TATA) A.S.S. and the (non) availability of spares- bu tthat is a different story.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks