Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 10:54   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
No offense taken. Even I am not 100% sure about the calculations. I must have gone wrong somewhere. Will have to take another reading at the next top up.
hmmm, if no offense taken then i am quite sure its not possible to get 20kmpl with 60% highway driving and 40% in city even if you try all FE saving gimmicks.
Old 29th May 2007, 11:32   #62
Senior - BHPian

I recently had that figure,, I drove 40% of highway (a trip to HH from bangalore) and rest of it in the Bangalore city, over about 625 KMs I had to fill close to 32L when I did my next tank-full, that means it was very close to 20KMPL on my Fiat Palio D. Once I thought my driving style is too much, am I starving her!!!! but next tank-full I got somewhere close to 15KMPL (100% city with only about 35-40% AC on - when my wife is with me ). So, I thought it should be fine,, it was part of my drving style + good economy by car....but I dont want economy at the cost of engine damages by starving her....

Just wanted to respond to Fiero's post earlier in this thread,, I too drive at 3rd gear most of the time and I remember picking it up at 3rd from stand still at slow moving traffic ,, but thats just one-off incidence,, I know I can drive my Palio D at 3rd at most of the time in City.... I'm not sure about how the gear ratio for Stile and again its Petrol so will definately little different..

Last edited by Ketan : 29th May 2007 at 11:36.
Old 29th May 2007, 12:49   #63
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Here are some more updates, this time some really good one for Fiat Lovers.

After first service on Thursday went for really long trip to in-laws in Rajasthan this weekend, drove about 1000 KM in 2 days and the results are awesome for me and also an answer to question raised by fellow BHPians, why Palio Stile 1.1.

First the mileage, I got 16+ with ratio of 70:30 (Highway:City). This may answer the question about detuning the engine for FE.

Second pickup, I tried calculating thrice and each time I was able to make it from 0 to 100 in less than 18s and once even in 16s.

As always handling was awesome above 100 KMPH. Also you really need 5 gear when you are above 80 KMPH, otherwise 4th gear was absolutely pleasure to drive at 80 KMPH. In city I was driving more on the 3rd gear without any problems.

Last as requested here are the pics of my Stile 1.1 SLX.

Old 29th May 2007, 14:07   #64
BHPian

Thats a first FE & power figures for Palio 1.1 coming from T-BHPIAN.
Should we consider it as official or still believe in ACI or OD figures?
Old 29th May 2007, 14:18   #65
BHPian

That is great FE. Why Fiat is not paying ACI to put nice FE figure ?
Old 29th May 2007, 14:19   #66
Senior - BHPian

Looks decent figures in terms of FE.... Check it properly to confirm urself (i mean same autocut to autocut method to get close to accurate figures)
Nice pics humans...

Abhi
Old 29th May 2007, 14:25   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Looks decent figures in terms of FE.... Check it properly to confirm urself (i mean same autocut to autocut method to get close to accurate figures)
I tend to disagree that Autocut to autocut is not the perfect way for measuring FE. What you need to do is fill, shake the car, fill again, shake the car until you see petrol upto the brim.
Reason to do this is that a large air bubble is formed in your fuel tank when petrol is dispensed.

Nice review Humans. I am sure you are enjoying the car.
Old 29th May 2007, 14:29   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Nice pics humans...

Abhi
It was easy for me as I put total 78 Litres of petrol out of which 18 was still in tank after the journey and I travelled for 984 KM. So effectively 984/60 = 16.4
Old 29th May 2007, 14:37   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I tend to disagree that Autocut to autocut is not the perfect way for measuring FE. What you need to do is fill, shake the car, fill again, shake the car until you see petrol upto the brim.
Reason to do this is that a large air bubble is formed in your fuel tank when petrol is dispensed.

Nice review Humans. I am sure you are enjoying the car.
But Moralfibre, This is not the recommended way to fill petrol... There is a separate thread which discusses that Petrol should not be filled after autocut, it affects the fuel pump etc...

You should not fill above autocut... I have tested it twice to see how much more fuel can go....both the cases it was 0.7lit when the petrol came up the brim....It was the same pump and nozzle....so for me autocut to autocut is quiet accurate...

Abhi

Abhi
Old 29th May 2007, 14:39   #70
BHPian

How do they (ACI and OD) calculate the mileage?

I guess city driving varies in driving style, traffic conditions etc..

Also does it matter much if the whole car is occupied versus driver only as far as fuel efficiency concerned?

and the same question also arises do they test 0-100kph with 5 people on board or only the driver?
Old 29th May 2007, 14:45   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But Moralfibre, This is not the recommended way to fill petrol... There is a separate thread which discusses that Petrol should not be filled after autocut, it affects the fuel pump etc...
Abhi, can you point me to this thread please? AFAIK there shouldn't be any problem with the fuel pump.
Old 29th May 2007, 15:04   #72

Quote:
I agree with u SB and Himanshu... Not because I own one of the tin-box (according to finneyp)...

I agree Fiat do make good cars but its *** is no way close to Maruti....
Abhi

dude which world od you live in .. Comparing FIAT with Maruti?? and that too telling maruti is better.. if u forgot Swift DDIS and SX4(sedici) are FIATs with Maruti badge.
naveen_binu is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th May 2007, 15:04   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
Hi Guys,

First the mileage, I got 16+ with ratio of 70:30 (Highway:City). This may answer the question about detuning the engine for FE.

Second pickup, I tried calculating thrice and each time I was able to make it from 0 to 100 in less than 18s and once even in 16s.
Thats decent milage and pickup for a car that weighs a ton!! I think with these figures, the Palio surely hasnt let u down and validated ur decision to buy the car against advice of ur friends/relatives.

BTW, the car looks great, especially the front. Like a good T-BHPian ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post438932, I hope u have removed the plastic seat/visor covers and the ribbon by now
Old 29th May 2007, 15:10   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Thats decent milage and pickup for a car that weighs a ton!! I think with these figures, the Palio surely hasnt let u down and validated ur decision to buy the car against advice of ur friends/relatives.

BTW, the car looks great, especially the front. Like a good T-BHPian ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post438932, I hope u have removed the plastic seat/visor covers and the ribbon by now
Ha ha good one. The only thing remaining is the ribbon on bonnet. Everything else I removed the day I took the delivery.
Old 29th May 2007, 15:11   #75
BHPian

yes ,its really a good milage man.with this milage lots of palio can be sold dude

Last edited by payam : 29th May 2007 at 15:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks