Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2021, 18:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Audi A6 45 TFSI Ownership Review

Such a lovely, unbiased, yet a joyful read hrk997.

As a fellow A6 owner, I’m hugely tempted to publish mine too, and it’s taking for ever to pen a review, but yours has inspired me to park some time for me to finish it.

The A6, Typhoon Grey, Tech variant that I picked on 1st sept 2021 is now at 7000+ km. To say that I’m enjoying this is an understatement. Every single KM is a joy. And I’ve not scrapped the underbody even once, despite the lovely Bangalore roads. Granted that 80% of my drives has been in highways, but even the highways have some real bad stretches and I’ve had a smooth sailing.

I really feel that this is something that will continue to give me joy to 80k + km’s for sure.

Looking forward to your regular updates. Thanks. Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
My Audi A6 45 TFSI Ownership Review-b50b1854b9c541f6a7d9fa0f778927aa.jpeg  

jkrishnakj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 21:53   #17
BHPian

The updated specification sheet of MY22 Audi A6 mentions that the technology variant now comes equipped with 19 inch rims.
gupta_v_kr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 11:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

LHD Korean-market Audi A6 scores 1st-grade KNCAP rating with 5 stars for occupant protection, 5 stars for vulnerable road users and 3 stars for safety assist.

ron178 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 22:08   #19

Such a lovely writeup hrk997, congratulations on your new ride and warm welcome to the Audi Family, I own a 2020 A6 premium plus quattro in the US, mine comes with a sport package which drops the suspension to 106mm (I know that is way too low) and also comes with 20 inch rims which definitely improves the handling but the ride quality drops a bit. Would love to drive the Indian variant sometime and see how much of a difference is present. I also love the ambient lightning, goes by as just perfect for my taste. The audio system is simply amazing, the best system that I ever heard. Also the claimed 0-100 for US spec A6 is rated at 5.7 secs not sure if Quattro would make such a difference. Happy mile munching
mahendra07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2022, 19:48   #20

One thing that I am finding uncomfortable as I use the car are the front headrests. I find them a little too back, it's like i need to tilt my head back to touch them. Does anyone know if Audi sells such as accessories or if there are any good ones out there that would match the colour and style of the car? I like the suede ones they give on S class, 7 series, 6 series, etc.
kishankotecha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 02:19   #21
BHPian

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk997 View Post
I was still biased towards the 330i since it fit the sporty car criteria better than the A6 which is a luxury sedan that aims to be in between the 5 series and the E class. All I had to wait for now, were the deals we were getting and this is where Audi came out on top. BMW offered a very marginal discount while Audi gave a substantial discount that put it directly in the price range of the three series with the premium plus variant and the 3 series costing the same. I understand that there is a supply crisis of sorts with BMW and discounts everywhere are low, and I could have waited. But since we did not get a particularly good deal last year either, I had no reason to think that I might get a better deal by waiting.

The car is fast. It has 241 bhp and 370 Nm of torque and certainly feels like it. Official 0-100 time is 6.8 seconds. With all that power going to the front wheels, there is a lot of torque steer. However, as long as one is not pushing the car to its limits, the car is perfect. On the highway it complies perfectly no matter how much it is pushed, but enter the ghats section and try to take corners at speed and the understeer will become evident. I actually do not mind the FWD since the AWD system used in the international spec reduces mileage by 2kmpl, which is a conservative estimate. For my driving style FWD and RWD do not make any difference.
For people like me who just wants to read and know more and more about their favourite car without possibly getting to drive it, this review is too good. Thank you!

The C8 typ 4k A6 will remain in the technology game for around 3-4 more years coming in the future.

Last edited by Sheel : 20th August 2023 at 05:44. Reason: Mod note attached.
exhaustbreather is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 18:37   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk997 View Post
The Purchase
Sir,
Could you please summarize the general service cost and long-term reliability. Also, performance and maintenance of the Air Suspension. I have a plan to buy preowned Audi A6 near future, so your input will help me lot.

Thank you.

Last edited by vb-saan : 23rd January 2024 at 19:13. Reason: Formatting
Old 24th January 2024, 17:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1983 View Post
Sir,
Could you please summarize the general service cost and long-term reliability. Also, performance and maintenance of the Air Suspension. I have a plan to buy preowned Audi A6 near future, so your input will help me lot.

Thank you.
Expect an average spend of 60 thousand rupees annually.Once every 30k on the odo the tyres should cost you about 80 thousand.Prefer a very comprehensive insurance package.though the premium is higher , it saves you money in case of damages.

The costliest parts of the car to replace are the matrix headlights with each costing 4lakhs.The air suspension is a problem to look out for .Mine gave up at 78k kilometres.It can be replaced in authorised garages for lesser than at the Audi Service center.
charan23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks