Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2021, 09:44   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Dream come true | My Phytonic Blue BMW X3 (G01) xDrive 20d Luxury Line Review

Exceptional, unbiased & detailed reviews of cars that don't have an official review have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review has also gone here. Thank you so much for sharing .

Name:  BMW.png
Views: 1156
Size:  460.3 KB
Aditya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 11:03   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaygoyal View Post
I bought my X3 in Jan 2019 and have driven it 28000+ kms since then.

It is an absolute pleasure to drive.

Perfect blend of luxury and driving dynamics.

Cheers
Thanks mate. Enjoy many happy miles with the Ultimate Driving Machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva75 View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience with the X3. I own a X1 msport 2019 model and am very happy with the vehicle. I recently drove from Bangalore to Kanniyakumari and back and it was a breeze. I have been considering an upgrade to the X3 but noticed in your review that some of the basics even at that price point are missing such as keyless entry , 360 degree camera , ventilated seats , apple car play covering part of the screen etc. I see these missing in my X1 but did not expect them to be missing in the X3.
My opinion might be different from a lot of X1 and X3 owners, but to me, X3 is whole lot different from X1. Barring those silly omissions from BMW and the diesel motor, X3 is an entirely different character. You get the perfect mix of practicality, opulence and dynamics from X3 and above in X range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I love the "shift shock" in the Sport gearbox mode
The intensity of shock is less in X3 but still it's addictive indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
In the latest X3 (with idrive 7), airplay does cover the entire screen. Ride quality is stiff though, thanks to the RFTs and the big 19inch wheels with relatively lower profile tyres. Switching to regular tubeless should make a difference for both X3 and X1, I believe.
Will swap the RFTs with Michelin tubeless soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the beautiful and exciting world of BMW's. Like you, I am also a first time owner (I have the X3 M40i) and now it makes sense why BMW's are so popular, exciting and known to be an "Ultimate Driving Machine"

You can check out my review, if you'd wish

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4990969

Cheers and Goodluck on your ownership !!!
Thanks for the sweet review! Wishing you many happy miles with the Ultimate Driving Machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Exceptional, unbiased & detailed reviews of cars that don't have an official review have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.

Your review has also gone here. Thank you so much for sharing .

Attachment 2229447
Thanks a lot Aditya for showing trust and recognising the efforts
No words can describe the feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_aithal View Post
Congrats on the new X3... Good detailed review and can relate to my journey of buying the BMW (Omni->Corsa->Cruze->X4) ...
Congrats again and happy many more miles!
Congratulations to you as well and wish you many more happy miles with the X4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Congratulations. BMW is indeed about joy! Luckiest person is your son :-)
Thank you! Indeed, he is the luckiest person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav_P View Post
Congratulations for X3. Fantastic review. I too own a BMW X3 bought in November 2019. I personally relate to most of the points you mentioned in your review. It's absolute joy to drive and enjoy each and every moment behind the wheels.
Thank you and a same pinch.
Wishing you many more happy miles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammee View Post
Fantastic review!! I too purchased X3 late 2018 and I fully concur with your feedback. If I have one additional grouse, it is not having a 'mute' button the steering wheel.
Thanks mate! Absolutely, forgot to mention about the mute button in the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
Thank you for the beautiful review of an awesome car. Please keep writing especially the long trips.
Thanks friend. I would love to write, but takes huge effort to come up with something presentable. Will definitely try to write some travel logs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_4662 View Post
Congratulations on the fabulous purchase and for achieving your dream! I could feel the excitement and joy all throughout the post. The X3 is an amazing all round vehicle , and having the same powertrain in my 3GT, I agree that the 2.0 diesel+ ZF 8 speed is an absolute joy to use! Wish you many many miles of safe ownership and joy. Welcome to the BMW Family!
Thank you! 3 GT was a very practical car, almost the best family car because of it's character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegermanbadger View Post
Lovely review and congratulations on the beauty.

I love the x3 and have the older f25 3.0d. Its a brilliant car and the perfect size and drives absolutely beautifully.

Cheers
Congratulations, f25 3.0d was an outstanding value proposition for BMW enthusiasts! Wish you many happy and fast miles

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th November 2021 at 23:17. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
worldcrawler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 15:35   #33
BHPian

Re: Dream come true | My Phytonic Blue BMW X3 (G01) xDrive 20d Luxury Line Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Use an ENET cable but please do not use Bimmercode. Learn and use Esys only if you respect your car.
While searching on international forums, I just saw these posts (#9 and #10) in this X3 xbimmers thread. To summarise -
Quote:
GESCHW_LIMIT_INDIEN_SCHWELLE_1 and GESCHW_LIMIT_INDIEN_SCHWELLE_2 under DKOMBI2 \ 3001 KI_Parameter. These two options get coded to 80 and 120 if the car's country version is India and the car was manufactured after March 2019.
Setting these flags to 0x0 ( Hex Zero ) would do the trick according to the user. Is it that simple?
Old 9th November 2021, 17:26   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldcrawler View Post
While searching on international forums, I just saw these posts (#9 and #10) in this X3 xbimmers thread. To summarise -

Setting these flags to 0x0 ( Hex Zero ) would do the trick according to the user. Is it that simple?
Do it with Esys only. Whenever you open the Bimmercode expert mode, you have to accept a disclaimer that basically says they haven't tested all the options in this and you are on your own if shit hits the roof. it is surprisingly easy to have the expert mode coding end up bricking your car and to add to it, the backups taken with bimmercode are useless if you end up bricking that ECU, it can't be coded back.

My suggestion is to use Esys to carry out this coding.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 14:45   #35
BHPian

I thought it's worth sharing! It's accidental discovery for me but I want to know if all manufacturers are doing the same.

Dream come true | My Phytonic Blue BMW X3 (G01) xDrive 20d Luxury Line Review-img_5039.jpg

With the evenly distributed speakers, this car is simulating the obstacle location using perfect acoustic imaging!!! Refer to the picture above, I hear the obstacle gong distinctly from rear left

Similar thing happened with front right just a few moments before this snapshot was taken when another obstacle was on my front right.

I haven't realised this earlier as I never drove without music ...

Kudos to BMW for this level of attention to detail
worldcrawler is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 22:27   #36
BHPian

No more annoyance post 120 kmph

Remote coded on a rainy night by Dr Code My VAG

Dream come true | My Phytonic Blue BMW X3 (G01) xDrive 20d Luxury Line Review-224f3016d99149f58904d1d774229642.jpeg

After couple of unsuccessful attempts due to availability of a working windows system. If a personal windows machine is at your disposal, it’s breeze, takes just 10 minutes!
worldcrawler is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 02:56   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Good that you got rid of that annoyance. I meant to ask this in my previous post.

What is with this 120kmph gong alert? Is it there for all BMW cars and also it's for only India versions? Because here in US, we don't have any such restrictions as same number in miles is touched on and off without even realizing it.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 11:00   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
What is with this 120kmph gong alert? Is it there for all BMW cars and also it's for only India versions? Because here in US, we don't have any such restrictions as same number in miles is touched on and off without even realizing it.
This is a rule suggested by MoRTH and applicable to all cars sold in India post June 2019 (exactly from July 1 2019) except imports that doesn't need homologation. However the intensity of the buzzer/gong and the exact implementation is quite different across manufactures. Thankfully though, Govt didn't ask manufactures to electronically limit vehicle speeds at 120 kmph.

IMO, BMW has implemented this as a more intrusive and prominent deterrent technique to not go over 120 kmph.

This is a Team-BHP Thread (Do the 80 / 120 kmph speed alerts dissuade you from driving at higher speeds?) where this topic has been discussed.

Last edited by worldcrawler : 12th November 2021 at 11:03.
Old 12th November 2021, 12:21   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, can you please tell if this is supposed to be permanent change or will need to be done again after any SW update during service?
CosmicWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 13:47   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Hi, can you please tell if this is supposed to be permanent change or will need to be done again after any SW update during service?
SW update will override this. SW updates are not that frequent and you can always tell the SA to inform you first about any update and take a call based on what the update offers. As a fallback and corner case, if it's overridden, you can get this coded again without any extra cost.

Please PM me if you need any specific details about cost/process and contact
worldcrawler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 11:02   #41
BHPian

@worldcrawler: What tyre size and brand are you looking as the replacement for the bridgestone RFT ones? I do not see anyone selling 245/50/R19, rather the available ones are 245/45/R19.
AMG_ang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 11:47   #42
BHPian

Quote:

Remote coded on a rainy night by Dr Code My VAG

After couple of unsuccessful attempts due to availability of a working windows system. If a personal windows machine is at your disposal, it’s breeze, takes just 10 minutes!
Good to know. Did you unlock any other features? Doesn't BMW throw tantrums once they find out that this has been tampered with? I heard that they make say that warranties are invalid, what has been your experience? Do you pay a fee for this service or did you do it yourself?
shiva75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 21:45   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_ang View Post
@worldcrawler: What tyre size and brand are you looking as the replacement for the bridgestone RFT ones? I do not see anyone selling 245/50/R19, rather the available ones are 245/45/R19.
No hope yet! 245/50/R19 is extremely rare in Indian market. Till the time I find an alternative, have to stick with the RFTs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva75 View Post
Good to know. Did you unlock any other features? Doesn't BMW throw tantrums once they find out that this has been tampered with? I heard that they make say that warranties are invalid, what has been your experience? Do you pay a fee for this service or did you do it yourself?
No. The other options were probably (for iDrive 6 equipped G01) -
  • Rear camera zoom
  • Logic 7 B&W EQ profile

My car is yet to go for service. As my changes are limited to disabling speed alarms, I hope it doesn't conflict with BRI. However it's yet to be seen what the dealer/service centre says.

Please get in touch with @agambhandari for more details about cost and process.
worldcrawler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 21:49   #44
BHPian

Folks, I chanced upon a Aug-2019 made X3 20d in Luxuryline spec with ~20k on odo in very good condition inside out. It is under warranty and BSI as well. Need your inputs on arriving at a price I can offer. Is 50L a fair deal? Thanx
mkc15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 13:08   #45

Thanks for a such detailed review.

I've been driving my X3 for a little over 1 year and drove 15,000+ km. I am pretty happy with the drive, however, there are few things that I am finding concerning.

1. We never used the cigarette lighter, but found that it wasn't working when we used after nearly 10 months. BMW team shared that the fuse wasn't working and replaced it in the first service.

2. A/c wasn't very effective and noisy, they replaced the air-filter saying it was choked but it is still noisy and ineffective. Now they are saying they'll replace another part to make it work.

3. Yesterday I saw a bulge in once of the tires and am told that it needs to be replaced. I'll have to pay 25% of the price, even though it is under insurance. BMW team didn't notice/flag anything when the car was given for service in December end.

I've never any such issues with my previous cars, even though they weren't so expensive. Is this normal? Anyone else faced such issues? Coz I am just wondering if they've given me some faulty vehicle.
Satyajeet02 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks