Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2021, 23:38   #31
BHPian

Re: Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review

Congrats on your XUV 700 and making the first ownership review on TeamBhp.

What caught my eye is the vehicle status screen where the image displayed is a 6 seater with captain seats in the middle row. Never knew that Mahindra is working on a 6 seater. In fact, I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in the forum, not sure if I had missed it. Seems like Mahindra have many new varients under the wraps for the coming days ahead.

Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-1.jpeg

Do keep the thread updated. As a potential XUV700 / Safari / Harrier customer sometime next year. I shall definitely be visiting your thread very often to get first-hand feedback. Wishing you a great ownership ahead.
northstar* is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 00:13   #32
BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase.
I had 2 issues with the XUV500- the brake felt wobbly and the suspension was bumpy (at least in the TD vehicle). Are you happy with this in the 7OO?
chinkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 01:35   #33
BHPian

Congratulations Mudhalaipatti, Brilliant writing.

For 25k mandatory accessories(If it is really mandatory), just curious to understand if dealer could give us a choice to select accessories from the catalogue?
snallagatla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 11:20   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post

I would suggest you to purchase extended warranty ASAP. Initial batches of M&M are prone to niggles, better be safe than sorry.

The red color looks excellent. Any plans for PPF or cermaic? I own a red Compass and started seeing swirl marks on bonet, so better go with PPF.
Thank you @ramnaresh_2000. Yes, I did purchase the extended warranty for 18K. Here are some of the features of the extended warranty.

Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-extendedwarranty.jpgRed Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-extendedwarranty1.jpg

After you mentioned, I read up on PPF, Ceramic coating et all and I'm undecided. Would you shed some light on the benefits of PPF, if you have personal experience with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post

They've billed you ₹25k for accessories in your invoice. Will Mahindra refund you what you haven't purchased? .....

Also, what is the road tax you've paid? 15% of Vehicle price or 15% of ex-showroom price?

Interesting; would love to hear on how this story ended. And why CNG in TN?

Tip: In the assembly line, you can create multiple posts and thus load more pictures, and finally when you're done, can ask a Mod to move it out to the open forum.
Thank you @vigsom.
As far as the accessories are concerned, I was "encouraged" to take them for a full 25K. I didn't like most of the offerings and settled for the ones mentioned in my original post. Now that I have to take the extended warranty for 18K, I may have to pay more in total (i.e 25K minus the accessories I didn't buy plus the extended warranty)

Interesting that you asked about the road tax. This part was another one that I was not happy with. I was billed the 15% of the price-increased ex.show room price, not based on the original offer price. I ended up paying almost 8K more in taxes because of this 40K inflated price.

CNG ...hehe...there's no real reason, except that I was so frustrated with Mahindra's lack of transparency in vehicle allotments and of course the damp roads, overcast sky. PMS you see (post monsoon syndrome) :-). You will appreciate my madness, when I knew fully well that there's only CNG station in the whole of Trichy and that too in the other end of the City which is almost a 15 Km ride. In hindsight It was my way of showing my middle finger to Mahindra. But then they surprised me big time with one of the first deliveries. And impressed me even more with the prompt service, listening to feedback et all. The sales guy that I worked with is a young chap with a smart head. So it turned out to be a humbling experience.

And thank you for the tip. Will hopefully use it for my XUV9OO Initial Ownership review. You hear that Mahindra ! Third time repeat customer. You can pat on your shoulders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
L...

Has M&M assigned any dedicated RM for XUV7OO customers, like it was done after the XUV5OO launch?....
Thank you @comfortablynumb. Yes, they assigned a RM, Area Relationship Manager, Software Technician et all. Yeah, they assigned a small village to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
.....Even a supermarket nowadays asks for your phone number and I refuse to give it as they can use to sell your data.....
Thanks @jithin23. I agree with you. It was super weird when the dealer asked for Aadhaar card/ PAN Card for the booking. I can't recollect another country on this planet that asks for your national identity number for a car purchase.
More weirder are the cases you mentioned, super markets, service providers of all kinds asking for your mobile number and in some cases Aadhaar number. With Data being the most valuable commodity now, wonder how to protect ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreddyhere View Post

I would also like to know the current waiting period in Hyderabad for 700 and Thar. If anyone has information, kindly share.
Thanks @sreddyhere. That's the million dollar question. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason behind these allotments or at least we don't know of one that exists. Take my case, where I booked on the 7-Oct and vehicle was allotted to me on 28-Oct. I know of quite a few folks who booked the same model, same day, but did not get the allotment. Try my trick - Book an Ertiga CNG and see if Mahindra blinks

And btw, if any one in TN wants a Thar AT Petrol ASAP, PM pls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
1. Kindly keep track of the fuel economy figures as many petrol enthusiasts are waiting eagerly for an owner's take. 10 kmpl for a new vehicle of such a size is decent.
2. ....My question is did you try 30 psi. I know they recommend 34/35 psi. But heck, each time I lower the pressure to around 30 psi, the ride becomes much more pliant....
Thank you @fazalmirza. I'm keeping a close watch on the FE. The Fuel Log in the App behaves erratically. When I filled in Rs.3000 worth of fuel. It showed only Rs.1000 and so I had to manually adjust. However the neat thing with the app was that it picked up the right price on that day. I'm not treating that as a niggle yet, as I'm yet to cough up more.

And great tip on PSI. As @abirnale suggested I did a trip with a fully loaded vehicle with 7 adults yesterday and man was I impressed. The mStallion doesn't give a damn to the load. Same acceleration, braking. But the handling was a lot more planted. The suspension was at its best. I think its the front suspension which has a weird setup, which hopefully Mahindra will resolve in the coming batches. And I did lower the front tyre PSI to 30 and it greatly reduced the *thuds*. Thank you once again. But I'm sensing that the FE drops a little. More testing required on this and will keep this audience posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtottuu View Post
Just one question: How long was the waiting period?
Thanks @lordtottuu. I booked the vehicle on the 7-Oct and vehicle was allotted to me on 28-Oct

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post

A question: What you mentioned about suspension and potholes experience - can you add more details on what happens in the loaded car situation.....
Thanks @abirnale. Please see my comment above. You were right about suspension. However the *thud* is more prominent from the front suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by careind View Post
..... Would very much like to get your opinion in the above aspect on 7-o-o via-a-vis the other contenders.
Thanks you @careind. As I was used to a 5OO, the leg space and comfort on the last bench was not an issue for me, or at least I got used to the leg space, or the lack of it. I never venture to that last bench and usually send the kids packing there. I haven't heard very many complaints from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post

....Do post once you figure how to disable the same.
Thank you @Hayek. I haven't figured out a way to disable this data collection as yet. I'm guessing, if you take out the SIM from the car and can live with out the connected car features, it should be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
Seems like Mahindra have many new varients under the wraps for the coming days ahead.
Thank you @northstar. Talk about eagle eyes. Thank you for pointing it out. It sure does look like a future offering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
Congratulations on the purchase.
I had 2 issues with the XUV500- the brake felt wobbly and the suspension was bumpy (at least in the TD vehicle). Are you happy with this in the 7OO?
Thank you @chinkara. I'm told that the initial batches, perhaps the ones available for TD had break issues, which were later resolved. Mine has been fabulous so far. I'm pleasantly surprised with the perfect bite that Mahindra has come up for this vehicle.
And the suspension...umm...pls read my comments above. The front suspension seems a bit off. But in a loaded vehicle it seems great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post

For 25k mandatory accessories(If it is really mandatory), just curious to understand if dealer could give us a choice to select accessories from the catalogue?
Thanks @snallagatla. Yes, I was given a choice of accessories to choose from. If the accessories don't add up to 25K, one has to raised a refund request with Mahindra, which I'm sure the dealers would take care off.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 11:43   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post

And the suspension...umm...pls read my comments above. The front suspension seems a bit off. But in a loaded vehicle it seems great.

Thanks, I read your post.
What I meant was, XUV5OO I felt was very bumpy - in fact my mom who was with me in the TD said that it was more uncomfortable in the rear than my WagonR. You mention that small outer surface potholes, but I am not sure if that is what I experienced in the 5OO. Got a little confused as you also mentioned handling is great. Maybe the same thing - very bumpy in what is considered reasonably good Indian roads.
Old 17th November 2021, 12:07   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you @ramnaresh_2000.

After you mentioned, I read up on PPF, Ceramic coating et all and I'm undecided. Would you shed some light on the benefits of PPF, if you have personal experience with them.
Wow 18k for extended warranty is very reasonable. Jeep quoted 38k for 2 years extended warranty (story for another time). I had good experience with M&M warranty claim process. I just emailed their customer service and they arranged for everything. Sometimes they even replaced my clutch plates which are not covered under warranty as "gesture of goodwill" because the early wear out was due to another faulty AMT part.

I have experience with 3M PPF, but got it only on common touch points like under door grab handles (which is not a problem for your XUV700) and door edges which are prone to scratches. For 5 doors it costed me 5k 4 years back. For full body (apart from roof) they quoted 1.5 lakhs which was way out of my budget. The PPF worked as advertised. Zero scratches in those applied areas. Highly recommended for new vehicles.

XPEL is another brand which is good. Ceramic coating is just a rip off if you ask me (personal opinion). If full body PPF is not in budget, then atleast get front and rear bumper protected by PPF. You will not regret it. Minor brushes from city traffic will not even scratch the paint. It can be easily replaced if scratched. You can also checkout self healing PPF, it might cost a bit more, but works well.

Best of luck.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 12:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post

What caught my eye is the vehicle status screen where the image displayed is a 6 seater with captain seats in the middle row. Never knew that Mahindra is working on a 6 seater. In fact, I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in the forum, not sure if I had missed it. Seems like Mahindra have many new varients under the wraps for the coming days ahead.

Attachment 2233581
Last row of seats looks like a 3 seater (like in Kia Carnival). I am sure the rumoured AX9 (with ventilated seats etc) would come with the captain seats for the second row.
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 13:04   #38
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Mudhalaipatti. Enjoy this splendid beast. Wish you a Happy and Safe Motoring.

I feel XUV700 is going to give competition for Innova. Had a chance to do a test drive on the highway (extremely low noise levels ) and was admired by some of its features like ADAS and the right lane indication of blind spot is awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
Red Rage - Mahindra XUV7OO - Initial Ownership Review-img1444.jpg  

RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 13:28   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As @abirnale suggested I did a trip with a fully loaded vehicle with 7 adults yesterday and man was I impressed. The mStallion doesn't give a damn to the load. Same acceleration, braking. But the handling was a lot more planted. The suspension was at its best. I think its the front suspension which has a weird setup, which hopefully Mahindra will resolve in the coming batches. And I did lower the front tyre PSI to 30 and it greatly reduced the *thuds*. Thank you once again. But I'm sensing that the FE drops a little. More testing required on this and will keep this audience posted.
Awesome! This is the best I could hear on suspension. More the loaded XUV family of cars (If I can call it referring to predecessor ), more mannered they are on highways! The way it "dances" on the highways, puts a lot of "upper caste car" population to shame!

I was shown a couple of pictures of XUV7OO taken from outside when it was loaded with 7 occupants and it appeared to be lowered GC. So I was worried if that makes it "premium" car which cannot be used to ferry vegetables crates/ grain bags from our farm to home without compromising too much on the travel time
Old 17th November 2021, 13:47   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @snallagatla. Yes, I was given a choice of accessories to choose from. If the accessories don't add up to 25K, one has to raised a refund request with Mahindra, which I'm sure the dealers would take care off.
Thanks again @Mudhalaipatti for answering all the fellow members queries patiently. It is good to know that we are given a choice. I have booked MX variant and definitely need some additional accessories to be added.
snallagatla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 14:01   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I did purchase the extended warranty for 18K. Here are some of the features of the extended warranty.
I don't see any mention of the new sensors being covered. This is one component which is brand new to Mahindra and likely to fail. Is there any clarification whether extended warranty covers all the ADAS components?

Quote:
Both would be preferred. PPF for scratch protection and ceramic for gloss/hydrophobic properties. Go for partial PPF (front + mirrors + other high risk areas) and any cheap ceramic coating. There's no point in spending more for premium ceramic coatings as they will most definitely lose their properties in 6 months and would require re-application.

Quote:
I was billed the 15% of the price-increased ex.show room price, not based on the original offer price. I ended up paying almost 8K more in taxes because of this 40K inflated price.
This baffles me. Why didn't the dealer honour the price lock for first 25k customers? I hope this doesn't become a trend, you should've stayed your ground on this.
Old 17th November 2021, 18:14   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post

This baffles me. Why didn't the dealer honour the price lock for first 25k customers? I hope this doesn't become a trend, you should've stayed your ground on this.
I believe, It is not under control of Dealer.

RTO would consider only the current ex-showroom price of the vehicle for the road tax calculation. Introductory prices are considered as discounts. You may find more details on Road tax calculations at the following thread. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...discounts.html (Road tax in case of discounts)
snallagatla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 04:06   #43
BHPian

Congratulations Mudhalaipatti, Excellent writing.
I have also booked the same variant and my delivery is scheduled somewhere around next week. My dealer is quoting me 17k for 1 year extended warranty, curious to know whether the above mentioned 18k by you is for 1 year or 2 years?
Old 18th November 2021, 11:55   #44
BHPian

Congrats on your new car and a very candid review! To be first in TN and to be first on Team-BHP, you should be very proud of owning the XUV700.

A very informative thread and will help the many who are awaiting delivery of the XUV700. I really appreciate the proactiveness from Mahindra to sort out the niggles. Hope they continue the same rigour and make it niggle free. I have just bought the Safari and I can see a lot of improvement in terms of feature upgrade and customer relationship at Tata motors (XUV700 effect!). Just a quick question on mileage. Was it based on tank file method or as per the ODO.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 16:26   #45
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride! Drive safe!

In my opinion, looking at all the features that the XUV700 offers, you would expect it to have auto-diming IRVMs. I am nitpicking at this point, but at that price point, you would expect it.
ashwin1397 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks