Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2021, 11:51   #46
BHPian

Re: My 2021 Jeep Compass Petrol AT Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT-S View Post
Congrats on your new ride! Please do put up a detailed review to help us folks potentially considering this variant. Did you manage to get any discounts? Did the dealer allow to opt for your own insurance?

Is the rattling noise audible when car is idle/stationary? Were the rattles present during delivery time?

Sure. I will. I got discounts on insurance ( though not significant ). I had 35% NCB on my earlier car. Insurance ( including 35% NCB ) was around 45k. I didn't ask for taking my own insurance ( but I feel, they might oblige ).

Rattling is there when stationary ( but not audible inside in my case ). It's not consistent either. It was not there during delivery time.
enj0y_ride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 23:12   #47
BHPian

Hi guys. I am taking delivery of my car tomorrow. Need help from fellow owners who have taken delivery recently.

My SA told me that there is no owners manual which comes with the car now. It is available only on the website.

I am taking the car with TR right now with permanent registration planned in couple of weeks. I was told that all the jeep life app will be updated post that only.

All the warranty documents for tyres, battery etc. along with the extended warranty documents will be available online only once the permanent registration is done. This sounded very strange to me.

Thanks in advance for the help

Last edited by ysomani : 7th December 2021 at 23:36. Reason: Adding few details
Old 8th December 2021, 10:12   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysomani View Post
Hi guys. I am taking delivery of my car tomorrow. Need help from fellow owners who have taken delivery recently.

My SA told me that there is no owners manual which comes with the car now. It is available only on the website.

I am taking the car with TR right now with permanent registration planned in couple of weeks. I was told that all the jeep life app will be updated post that only.

All the warranty documents for tyres, battery etc. along with the extended warranty documents will be available online only once the permanent registration is done. This sounded very strange to me.

1.I got hard copy of Owners manual and the quick setup on the day of delivery.
2.Jeep life app activation will be done after RTO registration.
Old 8th December 2021, 12:33   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysomani View Post

I got the owners manual along with car. It's available online too in the below link:
https://www.jeep-india.com/content/d...ser-manual.pdf

Jeep life app can be activated anytime by you. All you need is VIN and IMEI number ( both available in car itself ). However, its logical to enable you to access it only once the car is delivered to you ( as there are features to remotely lock, unlock etc ).

Warranty docs before delivery : Most documents they deliver during the time of delivery. However, for battery , tyre etc you might need to ask specifically ( as those may not be delivered as standard ).
enj0y_ride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 12:39   #50
BHPian

Congratulations Sharan and wishes for many happy miles!! The American muscle is surely a looker on the road..

The unbiased review will surely help many others like me to understand the car well while they look for their respective future ride partners.
Old 8th December 2021, 12:41   #51
BHPian

Does anyone know how to turn off the DRLs. There is no setting I could find ?

Also, if we turn off passenger air bag and if we have occupants in back seat, will the setting impact curtain airbags as well? Any thoughts
Old 10th December 2021, 11:04   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave20 View Post
This is the same news my sales executive was also mentioning. However i doubt if this is true. This is usually a sales tactic to make customer book the car early..

Jeep India would be crazy to increase the prices in Dec!
Increased by 58k. they had recently increased by 22k in October.
sharan_si is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 11:16   #53

I am getting FB ads from Jeep mentioning year end benefits. Does anyone know if compass is offering any year end benefits?
Old 11th December 2021, 10:13   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
I am getting FB ads from Jeep mentioning year end benefits. Does anyone know if compass is offering any year end benefits?
I got the same. Then I got a call from the dealer.. it is a joke. Apart from the minor deal on the Longitude trim, there's nothing else really. See my post on the new car price thread.

Essentially they are negating the 3% hike and offering it as a discount along with that so called discount on the inflated insurance quote. Btw again mind you, these are on ready older stock and not December production models.

So in effect there is nothing.
Vandit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 11:56   #55
BHPian

Re: 2021 Jeep Compass Petrol AT

Hi @sharan_si, I am considering the longitude variant in near future. Some questions to know more about this variant:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan_si View Post
There is a switch to control this feature below the touch screen.
Does the auto start/stop setting get reset when switching off the car?

Quote:
at low rpm (around or below 1800, depending on the gear and speed), DCT doesn’t allow upshifts to avoid engine lugging, at higher rpms (past 3500) it doesn’t allow the downshifts to avoid possible damage to the gearbox.
When braking, whats the lowest RPM the engine would hold on to, before downshifting?

Quote:
With cruise control set to 90 kmph, I found FE dropping
Premium cars usually have a setting for cruise control aggressiveness (Eco/Normal/Sport). Could you find anything similar in the settings?

Quote:
Armrest gets the vinyl cushioning, it's extendable, the fabric cushioning provided on all the doors.
The fabric on the door panels - are they water resistant/repelling? Would it get soaked in light/medium rains?

Quote:
It has LED headlamps, color temperature is bright white(would have loved if it was yellow), found adequate at night, there is no need for an upgrade, they are good.
How good are the white LED fog lamps, especially in rainy night time conditions?
Old 16th December 2021, 13:56   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT-S View Post
Hi @sharan_si, I am considering the longitude variant in near future. Some questions to know more about this variant:
Does the auto start/stop setting get reset when switching off the car?

- Yes, its on by default, there is switch below screen to toggle the function.

When braking, whats the lowest RPM the engine would hold on to, before downshifting?

- Depends on how you are driving and current gear.

Premium cars usually have a setting for cruise control aggressiveness (Eco/Normal/Sport). Could you find anything similar in the settings?

- No Modes.

The fabric on the door panels - are they water resistant/repelling? Would it get soaked in light/medium rains?

- No idea, haven't tested.

How good are the white LED fog lamps, especially in rainy night time conditions?

- Haven't driven much in rain, will update.
sharan_si is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 12:25   #57
BHPian

Hi Sharan,
I was contemplating buying the Compass Sport automatic petrol version and I took a test drive yesterday. Do you think that the longitude is worth the extra 2 lakhs?. I like black seats but longitude does not come with this but of course has fog lamps etc. Also, some others on this thread have talked about road tax rebate? Any idea what that is? The new prices are coming out on Jan 15th as per the dealer.
Thanks for the help.
Old 3rd January 2022, 21:15   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangaloreguy View Post
Hi Sharan,
I was contemplating buying the Compass Sport automatic petrol version and I took a test drive yesterday. Do you think that the longitude is worth the extra 2 lakhs?. I like black seats but longitude does not come with this but of course has fog lamps etc. Also, some others on this thread have talked about road tax rebate? Any idea what that is? The new prices are coming out on Jan 15th as per the dealer.
Thanks for the help.
When I bought Longitude, difference between sport and longitude was less due to discount offered in longitude variant, without discount price difference is not worth the features.
sharan_si is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 22:58   #59
BHPian

Quote:
[b]

From the Driver seat, the steering leather wrap is done aftermarket.
Attachment 2231152
Hello Sharan,
Could you please tell how the steering leather wrap was done? Does it involve removing the steering and stitching? How much does it cost? I am currently considering a sport Petrol compass and the only things that disappoint me a little are the lack of climate control and leather steering in a 20 lakh car. More so because my 7 year old Punto has both and I am quite used to those comforts.
Old 11th January 2022, 15:51   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Hello Sharan,
Could you please tell how the steering leather wrap was done? Does it involve removing the steering and stitching? How much does it cost? I am currently considering a sport Petrol compass and the only things that disappoint me a little are the lack of climate control and leather steering in a 20 lakh car. More so because my 7 year old Punto has both and I am quite used to those comforts.
I got it done at Sachin's Autoshop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks