Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2021, 10:03   #16
BHPian

Re: My First SUV | MG Hector Plus | Ownership Review

I don’t understand, when did people moving MUV’s become SUV’s?

Nice, informative thread though! Enjoy the car for many miles.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 11:37   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase! I think your thread will inspire more people to go with the MG brand.
Old 28th November 2021, 11:46   #18
BHPian

Congratulations for the great car. Initially I was very reluctant on the "Chinese" prospective of MG. But with time it is changing rapidly - especially after the release of Astor. Thanks of sharing.

Off topic - do you stay in PT?
amods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 12:14   #19
BHPian

Nice review TSEA. Thanks for sharing. Do give your detailed review on your first travel. Would like to know how it handles the twisty hill roads
Old 28th November 2021, 12:19   #20

Thanks for a great review. I have recently Test driven the Hector twins and agree with your assessment. I also like the color choice. Have you, or do you in future, plan to go for Ceramic coating or PPF? Folks that I have spoken too insist that these are a must for Dark color shades.
Old 28th November 2021, 13:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: MG Shield and First Service Experience

Congrats, that's a nice review of Hector! I am reading a review of a manual transmission car after a long time, in a sea of automatics. What I found a bit odd, was the placement of the tachometer and the way it is marked. The way I see this is - slowly and steadily, MG is making inroads into the market, without making much noise. I have begun noticing quite a lot of Hector's and ZS EV's on the road in the last couple of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
>> Free Tyre change in case of puncture
What's this? Free tyre change? Do they not give a spare tyre with the vehicle?

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 28th November 2021 at 13:55.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 14:03   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
What's this? Free tyre change? Do they not give a spare tyre with the vehicle?
I’m purely guessing here but I believe they mean switching the punctured tyre with the spare.
Old 28th November 2021, 14:15   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Great review. I'm also in the process of penning mine down, just not able to get the relevant pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd1108 View Post
Nice review TSEA. Thanks for sharing. Do give your detailed review on your first travel. Would like to know how it handles the twisty hill roads
Been to Lansdowne a couple of times, Alwar, Mussoorie, corbett, and the car has been fantastic. Sure,you won't be carving corners, but it's just such a stress free drive, that you enjoy the scenery way more, rather than watching for oncoming traffic which may affect your hitting the Apex...
I've learnt that for handling to come into play on the mountains, you have to be driving at speeds that are seriously unsafe on Indian roads. So, harm reduced.
mayankk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 14:36   #24
BHPian

Congratulations on your new vehicle. Happy motoring!

I also appreciate your in-depth review, as someone who is eyeing on the Hector Plus 6 seater, it was a great read to see the similarities of our opinions and to truly understand the bits and pieces of the pros and cons.

I honestly believe that Hector is pure value for money. As someone with a budget of +30L, I know that I can go up without a hiccup to greet one of the Germans, still craving that discounted A4. Albeit, the mind with my Wife’s voice keeps reminds me that I’m more of a lazy back seat passenger than a driver, that too with our only city usage.

A top line Hector Plus saves me money, and yet gets me all the goodies of tech. May I perhaps say, it’s a win-win situation.

Simply awaiting the rumoured “Savvy” variant with ADAS, and hopefully a few more betterment, mainly in the parking camera quality.
Lord-Lannister is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 16:53   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
The most underrated advantage of taller vehicles.

I love my SUVs but enjoy thoroughly the handling of a sedan. But something I miss very very badly when I drive my sedan is the visibility and ability to see the road ahead of me through the windshields of the car in front. Not a possibility in sedans....
Thanks @viXit for echoing the same thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Congratulations on your Hector Plus. It is one of the most sorted out vehicles out there in the market. I believe the numbers took hit due to recent tensions between India and China. I really loved the crisp and clear review. Well written....
Thanks @ramnaresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
Congratulations for the great car. Initially I was very reluctant on the "Chinese" prospective of MG. But with time it is changing rapidly - especially after the release of Astor. Thanks of sharing.

Off topic - do you stay in PT?
I stay is PSOTS (a prestige property in south bangalore)
Old 28th November 2021, 17:12   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitchalla View Post
Congratulations on the purchase! I think your thread will inspire more people to go with the MG brand.
I was just about to write a post on my experiences/observations with MG (beyond the vehicle). Here it goes:

1. The Sales team were generally prompt in arranging for a Test Drive at my place and at my convenient time. However the best, has always been Nexa (from my TD experience of this purchase as well as last purchase)

2. The vehicles brought for TD(s) were clean and in excellent mechanical condition. I wanted to emphasise on this as it was not the case with many other brands (dirty interiors, hard clutch, gear box being very notchy, plastic parts giving away, running on reserve etc.). It's unacceptable to hear "Sir this is a TD vehicle, multiple people drive it, hence the condition etc."

3. Very clear communication on the days required for delivery (from the date of booking)

4. Excellent showroom. The showroom looked bright, was not overly staffed (I am sure some of you will resonate with this. Lot of staff, yet no one attends to you). And was clean

5. Multiple followups on delivery feedback

6. Followup on the vehicle condition with specific questions on things that can be improved. For e.g.: Feedback was requested on usage/usability of On-board Navigation etc.

7. Up-selling of accessories was not forced on me

8. Insurance quote was very decent as compared to what other brand dealers were asking (read mandating)

All this has left a positive impression on me. Car manufacturers have to work with their dealers. They need to understand what will keep a dealer happy and put checks to ensure the customer is happy as well

Last edited by TSEA : 28th November 2021 at 17:16.
TSEA is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 17:30   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Congrats, ...What I found a bit odd, was the placement of the tachometer and the way it is marked. ... What's this? Free tyre change? Do they not give a spare tyre with the vehicle?
I too feel that the tachometer is slightly odd.

On the free tyre change query, Pandey ji is absolutely right. The punctured tyre will be replaced with the spare provided with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
I’m purely guessing here but I believe they mean switching the punctured tyre with the spare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
Thanks for a great review. .. plan to go for Ceramic coating or PPF? Folks that I have spoken too insist that these are a must for Dark color shades.
I want to do what you have suggested, but ceramic seems to be so very expensive. For now, I am trying to manage with regular spray wax/sealant
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 17:33   #28
BHPian

Congratulations on the new car. A very balanced review from your side along with the reasoning for a car that tugs the heartstrings.

PSOTS is on my weekend cycling route :-)

One question - does the infotainment system play videos from YT and the likes, while on the move?

Cheers
Old 28th November 2021, 19:00   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Lannister View Post
Congratulations on your new vehicle. ..

Simply awaiting the rumoured “Savvy” variant with ADAS, and hopefully a few more betterment, mainly in the parking camera quality.
Thank you Lord-Lannister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Congratulations on the new car. ..

One question - does the infotainment system play videos from YT and the likes, while on the move?

Cheers
Thanks Kedar. The infotainment system should not not play videos, while on move. I don't think the system has an app for youtube (or a browser). It can play content from the drives (internal memory and external usb), but the video content should stop when the car starts moving. I will cross check and confirm back
TSEA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 20:48   #30
BHPian

Congrats on new car, Hector is good choice as a family car, mild hybrid seems practical, 11kmpl city is good mileage.

Last edited by sharan_si : 28th November 2021 at 20:49.
sharan_si is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks