Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2021, 16:54   #31
BHPian

Re: Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
[b]..
Asterix was a looker! He looked a bit taller and beefier than the stock one parked next to it thanks to the Alloys and Radar Renegade RT+ tyres..
The Gurkha just looks so very good with those alloys and tyres. Awesome execution. Congratulations!
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 16:54   #32
BHPian

Quote:

Will update with regards to the dampmat. Still researching.
Asterix looks amazing. If we can settle for some compromises, I think Gurkha can just be the only car !. Looks great. BTW, for the dampmat stuff, there is this Leoshashi who has probably added several kilos of this damping stuff in his XL6 to make it a studio and that thread will give you enough of information on the available products, I guess.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 17:01   #33
BHPian

Congratulations Manuuj! Your excitement is palpable and infectious!
Thanks for your detailed observations and views. Sounds like the Gurkha is an interesting alternative to the Thar.
Looking forward to continued updates particularly on within city driveability and maneuverability. And of course after-sales support.
Wishing you many happy miles!
cogWheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 18:26   #34
BHPian

Congratulations ! Your vehicle looks amazing . Wishing you happy miles !
wolg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 18:57   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much! Fortunately this toy is practical enough as a daily driver. Its a breeze in traffic.
Yes, the practical aspect is really nice to have. No compromises, best of both worlds

Quote:
Love it when cars move to the side and let it pass.
Road presence is imperative in our country

Last edited by SoupRaw : 3rd December 2021 at 19:02.
Old 3rd December 2021, 19:20   #36
BHPian

Congratulations Manuuj, if it was up to me, I'd give your review 5 stars. Very few reviews reveal the genuine emotions of a writer, and your write up manages to do just that. I've bookmarked this thread and will be closely following it for any updates to the Asterix, whether superficial or mechanical! Wishing you many trouble free unending mile crunching rides on this beast of an off-roader!

Although our rides (mine a Duster Turbo) are from different auto brands, I'm glad their engines are developed by the same manufacturer!

Hell your review has got me hook, line and sinker and if all goes well in the near future, I'm definitely thinking of getting a 5 door Gurkha myself, after selling off my current ride (5 year plan )
mav3r1ckblu3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 20:43   #37
BHPian

Congratulations. I think no other vehicle would have cured that itch you had. I knew you had booked one already. But, while reading about you dropping the plan twice about buying Ghurka, I was like "....he should buy it now...".

I always say to my family, if you think too much with your head, use historical data, do a SWOT analysis, then probably Ertiga is that ideal vehicle (No offense to Ertiga owners). But, it's not something that your heart wants.

I wish you happy motoring and happy tinkering.

Last edited by shashi792 : 3rd December 2021 at 20:49.
shashi792 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 20:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

Exceedingly good looking vehicle made even better with those wheels. Good choice and good call on the color too.

The only thing that now looks unsuitable on the car is humongous GURKHA badge in the middle of the grille - as if someone is going to confuse it with something else :P
I am glad you have plans for it too. May be the old grille is direct fit?
amol4184 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 21:34   #39
BHPian

This sounded less like a review and more like a love saga of two long lost lovers who reincarnate over generations and finally meet

Once again, congratulations!! He looks absolutely handsome in those shoes.
iceman7 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 23:28   #40
BANNED

Congratulations on conquering an unconquerable Gaul, the Asterix.

Nice transformation of the vehicle from the basic Bata to the Timberland boots.

In true off-road spirit, wishing the toughest miles brings you the biggest smiles.

Cheers.
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 10:26   #41
BHPian

Now that's a stunning ride with tasteful mods there sire!

Congratulations and wish you a million miles of happiness!

Am sure your thread is an inspiration for many who aspire to own this beast, including me. I am yet to test drive, but will probably take some more time on it.

Can you share a few snaps of the fog lamps lighting impact from inside the car at night times please, and if possible, while on a drive on a road.

Also, is there a DPF related issue that the company folks see and have advised you on? I've seen so many issues on other cars, wondering how Gurkha would hold up against it.

Congratulations once again mate, enjoy your drive and happy motoring!
thepilgrim1424 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 14:15   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakubKC View Post
Congratulations! Nice set of modifications as well. Can you share the horn that you chose finally? I'm looking for a more macho sounding horn ..
Thank you for your wishes!

This horn is a direct fit. Makes a lound Paarp sound instead of a Peep sound. Quite loud and effective.

Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211201_121632.jpg

Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211201_121652.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooming Flower View Post
Fantastic and detailed review. Owning a Gurkha is still a dream for me as ...Would you please throw more light on how the DPF functions in BSVI Gurkha? e to DPF malfunction initially and some instances of failing to pull up on moderate gradients even in 1st gear. Force motors changed the ECU in some cases; they are working fine now. .
Thank you for your wishes! I will be doing a detailed review of the DPF system of the Gurkha and how it works in a separate post.

Fortunately Force motors has provided a lot of information in the service manual and i shall refer directly to that.

Since the BS6 Trax Cruiser had been around for longer than the 2021 Gurkha I am assuming that the ECU in the Gurkha must already be the upgraded version.

Fortunately No Adblue addition is required in the Gurkha as they have gone with a Lean Nox Trap before the DPF filter. Thus the Adblue dosing errors that have plagued some BS6 vehicles like the Thar will not occur in the Gurkha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shekhar Rao View Post
Congratulations Manuuj on one of the most enjoyable , enthusiastic, educative and feel great reviews ! Wish you a wonderful and fulfilling ownership. I particularly enjoyed Benji's photograph! He looks so comfortable and ....
Thank you for your wishes brother! I look forward to keeping in touch and sharing information and experiences with you also. Please PM me your number if you do not mind.

I too got a call from Force Pune asking about how Asterix was doing and if i was facing any issues that need resolving. Was very happy to receive that call.

It goes a long way in building Consumer confidence and is a good initiative by Force Motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Congratulations Manuuj. I think Force Motors have a challenge to make a great ownership .
....Like the seatbelt anchor points and sliding motion for rear seats for example? They could have also incorporated a full folding mechanism to make it a spacious 2-seater.
Thanks for your wishes! The Gurkha is a very well though out practical vehicle and serves many purposes. You are correct when you say that some elements of the vehicle, like folding seats and proper three point seat belts could have been included.

I am sure that if there is enough Customer feedback is there regarding this then they may include these in later iterations.
The new Force Motors have been quite proactive in improving and implementing ideas through customer interactions and feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakritij View Post
Very good initial ownership report and whats ..
Can you please share details of the bi beam led fogs? With winter at the doorstep, the yellow beam would be very helpful. Do share your feedback after driving in Delhi fog.
I think you may have missed by last post where i did give details of the same. Do look it up! I will post about their efficiency in Fog.

Thank you for your wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
Exceedingly good looking ...- as if someone is going to confuse it with something else :P
I am glad you have plans for it too. May be the old grille is direct fit?
Thank you for your wishes! The Grill modification is already in the works. I have made an initial sketch of what i want. By next weekend it should all be implemented. Hope it works.

The old grill cannot be retrofitted i think. The lines are completely different.
Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-screenshot_20211123160439_google.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilgrim1424 View Post
Now that's a stunning ride with tasteful mods there sire!
Can you share a few snaps of the fog lamps lighting impact from inside the car at night times please,
.Also, is there a DPF related issue that the company folks see and have advise
Congratulations once again mate, enjoy your drive and happy motoring!
Thank you for your kind words! I did post some pics of the Fog lamps light effect at night. They are quite effective and almost negate the need for the low beam to be put on.

To early to say anything about the DPF issues in the Gurkha for now. As time goes by we will get a better idea and at that time i will update here also.

I will do separate post on the DPF system of the Gurkha soon.

Last edited by Manuuj : 4th December 2021 at 14:30.
Manuuj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 16:14   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally the cat (or a tiger?) is out of the bag!

Looks amazing with the new shoes. Hope you have a peaceful ownership and the support from Force motors continues.

Would you be able to park it alongside the Endy/Thar and post a front view? Really curious to see the height relative to these known vehicles.

Congratulations on fulfilling a long cherished dream!
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 18:31   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Would you be able to park it alongside the Endy/Thar and post a front view? Really curious to see the height relative to these known vehicles.

Congratulations on fulfilling a long cherished dream!
Thank you for your wishes! I will park it next to my Endeavour tommorow and post some pics. Visually there is a huge difference i can tell you now. On the road a Fortuner and Endeavour are visibly shorter than the Gurkha.

If i see a Thar parked somewhere will take a pic with them together, with the owners permission ofcourse.

I had the steering wheel faux leather wrapped today. Cheap mod but makes a huge difference as to how the steering feels in ones hands.

Chose black leather with black stitching to go with the theme of the current interiors. Wanted it to look as stock as possible.

Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211204_152340.jpg

Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211204_153530.jpg

Results are quite good.
Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211204_163748.jpg

The HSRP was also installed today in Karol Bagh while the steering cover work was being carried out. Asterix garnered a lot of eyeballs!
It was the first 2021 Gurkha in Karol Bagh and I could have made some decent money today if i had charged for answering questions and letting people peer inside.

Asterix, my 2021 Force Gurkha | The adventure begins-20211204_160324.jpg

Last edited by Manuuj : 4th December 2021 at 18:47.
Manuuj is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 4th December 2021, 22:21   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your wishes brother! I look forward to keeping in touch and sharing information and experiences with you also. Please PM me your number if you do not mind.

I too got a call from Force Pune asking about how Asterix was doing and if i was facing any issues that need resolving. Was very happy to receive that call.

It goes a long way in building Consumer confidence and is a good initiative by Force Motors.
Got the number plates fitted today. Had a chance to go under the Gurkha and take a close look at the undercarriage while at the workshop. It looks well put together and interesting with the transfer case , 2 propellor shafts, the sturdy looking suspension, the neat looking wire harness and other connecting hoses and the still clean and gleaming new chassis . The exhaust ends midway and does not run to the tail of the car. The bash plate looks neat and protects the lowest part of the engine but is certainly low and I wonder what the results were in company testing as compared to a vehicle without it . I wonder what will be the height of a stone that one can comfortably straddle e.g. a random one left on the. highway by drivers after some repairs .Such stones usually strike the gear box or oil sump and one of the big advantages of a high GC is to be able to just straddle these if you chance upon one suddenly.

I had a long city drive through dense Saturday evening traffic today . I found the Gurkha very easy to manage and remained fatigue free with no aches and stiffness.It is certainly usable as a daily drive vehicle provided suitable parking is available to manage the height.

As a newbie I cannot PM yet .So Mannuj kindly PM me with your number . I would be happy and look forward to sharing contact numbers

Last edited by Aditya : 5th December 2021 at 05:15. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Shekhar Rao is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks