Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2021, 11:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Review of our new steed | A pre-owned 2018 Toyota Corolla Altis

Hey buddy. Congratulations on your car.

I have a similar car, VL CVT. I feel my steering is heavier than usual. Tried to compare with a few other similar ones as well. Could you please give a brief about the steering heft, especially at idle.

Are you able to use a pinky finger or you need both hands? How hard is it in comparison with a few other cars that you might have driven?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd January 2022, 12:34   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please give a brief about the steering heft, especially at idle.
The steering is definitely on the heavier side compared to most cars on sale currently, It is not pinky finger light at idle. I don't think there's anything to be concerned about in your specific model. And down to personal preference, many of us, me included prefer it this way.
Old 14th April 2022, 22:16   #18

I recently picked up a 2018 Corolla G CVT as well. Quite a nice car. However I am unable to cast my phone through miracast. I have tried 4 different phones, it gives me an error failed to connect.

Have you been able to connect?
Old 17th April 2022, 12:39   #19
BHPian

Why are the facelifted corollas depreciating so fast? I saw about 4 VL CVTs (top model) at 12.5 to 13 Lacs, all of them right under 50000km. Our VL CVT was 22L on-road price.
Old 17th April 2022, 13:26   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepo View Post
Why are the facelifted corollas depreciating so fast?
I bought a 2017 facelift 40k run VL-CVT in 20201 for 11.75/- with TP insurance.

22L for a D-Segment NA petrol sedan feels excessive as per pre-2020 rates simply because sedans are out of fashion.

Seeing the features and quality, a new VL-CVT was worth tops 19L. But Toyota being Toyota kept the prices high which is why the depreciation feels enormous as people spending close to 15L settle for brand new Kia/Hyundai SUV's.

Last edited by dr.aviansh : 17th April 2022 at 13:34.
dr.aviansh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 12:46   #21
BHPian

I’m getting a 2016 Altis new mode pre facelift version G done about 1.2lakhs kms single owner but driven by the driver. What would be a good price if the team feels it is a decent buy. I intend to keep the car for 3-4 years. Having just sold 2015 Ertiga ZDI, and the fact that I haven’t bought any pre-owned car makes me a bit nervous about the reliability and cost of ownership.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th September 2022 at 19:09. Reason: Post edited.
shivmarwaha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 18:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
I’m getting a 2016 Altis new mode pre facelift version G done about 1.2lakhs kms single owner but driven by the driver. What would be a good price if the team feels it is a decent buy. I intend to keep the car for 3-4 years. Having just sold 2015 Ertiga ZDI, and the fact that I haven’t bought any pre-owned car makes me a bit nervous about the reliability and cost of ownership.
I would say, taking into consideration the mileage and age, the question of replacing consumables would definitely be on the table soon. Reliability won't be an issue once the consumables have been taken care of, this is nowhere around the miles that it takes to put a general sense of fatigue on the altis. I am no expert, but had I been in your shoes, I would have been happy putting anywhere between 6 and 8 lakhs on the car depending on the condition.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th September 2022 at 19:09. Reason: Quote edited.
brohanv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 22:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brohanv View Post
I would say, taking into consideration the mileage and age, the question of replacing consumables would definitely be on the table soon. Reliability won't be an issue once the consumables have been taken care of, this is nowhere around the miles that it takes to put a general sense of fatigue on the altis. I am no expert, but had I been in your shoes, I would have been happy putting anywhere between 6 and 8 lakhs on the car depending on the condition.

The deal is still on the table at around 7.5. I’m worried about the expenses that come with that mileage. I could figure out the clutch, tyres, some suspension work. The dilemma is to put that money and buy a lower segment car with EMIs for the next few year but peace of mind
Old 3rd October 2022, 23:18   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
The deal is still on the table at around 7.5. I’m worried about the expenses that come with that mileage. I could figure out the clutch, tyres, some suspension work. The dilemma is to put that money and buy a lower segment car with EMIs for the next few year but peace of mind
Have completed 1 year with 2014 GL. The car is excellent for comfort. All seats offer space unlike any other car in the budget range. Mine had 80k on the ODO and was bought for 6.95 L. I knew will have to shell another 1L for upgrades and parts. Over the past year, I had to replace the spark plugs, minor work on the alternator belt, HU upgrade, speakers upgrade, brake pads etc. Was disappointed by service at MGF Gurgaon when they had undertaken an inspection for 6k and didn't check the spark plugs. Luckily, FNG was around the corner when plugs failed. In Delhi with OEM parts available at reasonable rates at FNGs/Markets, the car has been definitely worth every penny spent. Toyota Service Centers, surely gives an estimate for upkeep of such a good car at a premium of say 4 times the market rates including labour and GST. Definitely add the likely Parts cost to your estimates, you can check them online on platforms like Boodmo to compare the estimate cost at Service centers and FNGs. Attached are few parts cost done at FNG (all OEM Parts) vs estimate at Service Centre.

We had also been under the dilemma with the available options and ROI. New cars surely aren't built like the Toyotas couple of years back. Quality has given way to Warranties. With reasonable running and maintaining costs, pre-worshipped good quality cars are definitely worth more than the tin cans being churned out now. Take test drives in new cars in budget and then re-look the Corolla, if you feel comfort is priority, go with Corolla or if new car feel for few days motivates you, then get new car. Don't forget the Taxes, Insurance and Accessories cost for new cars.

Safe drives.
Attached Images

sanoobhusain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 09:08   #25
BHPian

Due to delayed decision making process, the car is now sold to another person. And I’m back regretting not to decide quickly every time I see one on the road. As for the new car, the never ending wait continues with Maruti
Old 20th October 2022, 16:59   #26

Hi everyone. Need a little help. I am getting a 2015 model Corolla Altis petrol VL model - Auto with 70K on the odo. How much should be a fair price to pay for the same? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks