Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2022, 19:30   #16
BHPian

re: 2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthwik6 View Post
There are off market systems that turn a wired car play into a wireless one, used the below one in a Volvo for year.
Yes will pick up a CarPlay dongle. The newer ones are USB-C, will try to get one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
Congratulations on your Blue beauty. It looks ravishing in that shade.
Did you check on the passenger side A pillar (inner side with the passenger door open)? On my Karoq, the key slot to turn off the passenger airbag is positioned there.
Thank you.
Yes that's the first place I looked because that's the normal place for the switch. Unfortunately there is nothing there. The user manual is completely generic leaving us to figure out what's in the car. The manual shows the switch inside the glovebox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam View Post
Congratulations on your new wheels. Looks great.
Have a few questions:
* How does a shift from SUV to Sedan feel like on driving for longer times? Is it as comfortable?
* The fuel economy: In today's post covid scenario, 10+ kmpl is reasonable, but can the same be expected once the full fledged traffic is back in Bangalore?
Compared to the comfortable Santa Fe, the sedan is as comfortable and in some cases better. This car's suspension is tuned similar to the Q series like Q2/Q3. So poor road surface doesn't effect the passengers in the car.
In the SUV, the bouncing and jumping even by the monocoque SUV is a lot. Although over time, most get used to the SUV.

Having said that, the sedan is a bit more tiering than the SUV on long drives. The driver has to make a conscious effort to avoid medium to large portholes and all the passengers can feel more of the road.

Our roads in many places are definitely not sedan friendly. The intention is to replace our small hatch back with a SUV some time later.

Once traffic is back to its full strength, expect a much lower fuel economy. The problem is that although the engine will shut off if the car is in stop and go traffic. The engine will not cut off for slow moving traffic. Due to very frequent repetitive restarts in our traffic, I prefer to keep the system off.

Last edited by gungax : 3rd January 2022 at 19:33.
gungax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 23:49   #17
BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 Technology – Purchase and Initial ownership experience

Congrats on the purchase! I'm considering an Audi A4 with the discounts being offered making it sound very attractive. I'm infact considering dropping down a whole segment from Lexus ES300h or 5 series, if the discount offered is attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungax View Post
Next stop BMW: ...
Drove the 330Li. After the diesel Santa Fe, this car did not impress. I repeatedly confirmed with the SA sitting beside me if the car was in sport mode.
Were you impressed by A4 drive compared to 330Li?

I took a test drive of both and I was amazed by the 330Li's initial pickup and ride quality however, A4 was big laggy and took time. Did you find A4 more powerful in pickup? Also, do you find any tire or engine noise coming inside in A4 in city speeds?

Also, you mentioned you are getting a mileage of approx 10kmpl in city and 17.5kmpl on highways. On my TD, I reset the ODOs and was only able to see <9.5kmpl with comfort and dynamic modes with flowing traffic. I was assuming this would go lower on slow moving traffic. Does it go lower in peak traffic situations?
Old 4th January 2022, 00:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimittal99 View Post
I'm considering an Audi A4 with the discounts being offered making it sound very attractive.
situations?
Are they still offering discounts? I mean in January.
Old 4th January 2022, 08:03   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam View Post
Are they still offering discounts? I mean in January.
Yes, got min 4 lacs to about 10 lacs in another city.
ravimittal99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 09:38   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the purchase! I'm considering an Audi A4 with the discounts being offered making it sound very attractive. I'm infact considering dropping down a whole segment from Lexus ES300h or 5 series, if the discount offered is attractive.
Thank you
With discounts, an Audi is definitely a good option. If you are firmly in 5 series territory (my budget was only 60), then consider the A6. I was offered 9 lakh off OTR Bangalore although others have been offered more.

Quote:
Were you impressed by A4 drive compared to 330Li?
I took a test drive of both and I was amazed by the 330Li's initial pickup and ride quality however, A4 was big laggy and took time. Did you find A4 more powerful in pickup? Also, do you find any tire or engine noise coming inside in A4 in city speeds?
The A4 will be about 80% as good as the 330Li. (The 330i will be better). The expectation from the "Ultimate Driving Machine" is much higher than for the Audi. Basic interior and harsh ride from the run-flats of the 3 has to be compensated by something. The 5 series is a different breed. Audi can't compete with the 5, but with the 3, it's close.
None of the Germans in the 3 series segment can match the acceleration felt in a Santa Fe AWD. Those who have done highways with me will understand.
The point is that with the A4, blistering performance is not expected, but with the 3 it is.

Quote:
Also, you mentioned you are getting a mileage of approx 10kmpl in city and 17.5kmpl on highways. On my TD, I reset the ODOs and was only able to see <9.5kmpl with comfort and dynamic modes with flowing traffic. I was assuming this would go lower on slow moving traffic. Does it go lower in peak traffic situations?
Even the test car I drove hardly activated the hybrid system. It could be because the cars are driven hard. I am a very cautious city driver so a light foot even in the city may help.
gungax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 09:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
With discounts, an Audi is definitely a good option. If you are firmly in 5 series territory (my budget was only 60), then consider the A6. I was offered 9 lakh off OTR Bangalore although others have been offered more.
Interesting if A6 get 10 lakhs discount. But what's your experience, if any, with Audi's after sales service, how well the interiors will last and reliability? Would it be wiser to spend 10-15 more and still get a 5 series or Lexus? A 40-45 lacs A4 sounds more reasonable than a 65-70 lac A6? Whats your take?
Old 4th January 2022, 11:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:

None of the Germans in the 3 series segment can match the acceleration felt in a Santa Fe AWD. Those who have done highways with me will understand.
0-100 Santa Fe AWD 9+ sec (source - Google)
0-100 330i - 5.8 Sec

Yet you say what you are claiming!
FamilyTraveller is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 12:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review

The Technology variant has Park Assist + Virtual Cockpit + Phone Box with wireless charging + Boot opening with foot gesture + Larger central screen + auto folding external mirrors, from what I could gather.
Any other notable feature to add over the Premium Plus variant?

Also, does the Virtual Cockpit replicate the GMaps on the driver MID, from the central screen?

Do you feel the Park Assist function is only a party trick or it actually makes sense in crowded places? Have you used it in various situations?
Old 4th January 2022, 15:38   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
The Technology variant has Park Assist + Virtual Cockpit + Phone Box with wireless charging + Boot opening with foot gesture + Larger central screen + auto folding external mirrors, from what I could gather.
Any other notable feature to add over the Premium Plus variant?
The wheels are different in the technology variant and 2021 onwards screen size between both the variants is the same. I had received this feature list from the Audi South sales team in March last year:
2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-audi-a4-2021-grade-walk.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Also, does the Virtual Cockpit replicate the GMaps on the driver MID, from the central screen?
Nope, I remember the sales personnel saying the virtual cockpit is limited to Audi Navigation.

Quote:
I'm infact considering dropping down a whole segment from Lexus ES300h or 5 series, if the discount offered is attractive.
Really depends on what you're looking for:
Luxury with VFM - Audi
Luxury with better driving experience (biased to the RWD setup): BMW
Luxury with peace of mind: Lexus
Luxury with snob value: Mercedes

And then you could probably combine VFM & peace of mind and miss a bit of the luxury by getting a Toyota Camry too!

Quote:
A 40-45 lacs A4 sounds more reasonable than a 65-70 lac A6? Whats your take?
The delta between the A4 and the A6 premium+ was 13 lacs odd when I requested prices for the cars in March last year. If you can afford one and don't care much about reduced fuel efficiency I'd highly recommend considering the A6 for even upto 15 lacs over the A4.

Last edited by manson : 4th January 2022 at 17:54.
manson is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 17:30   #25
BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review

Just a thought on the add-on features like virtual cockpit and park assist, does it matter after a certain time, I mean, do people really use it on a day to day basis? IMO, while test driving the Audi, I really did not spend much time looking at the display.
Old 4th January 2022, 18:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
0-100 Santa Fe AWD 9+ sec (source - Google)
0-100 330i - 5.8 Sec
Yet you say what you are claiming!
Every German I overtook in the SF resulted in a small road rage incident. Even XUV500 and how can I forget that Fortuner on a Rajasthan road.
Although I have done 0-100 in 8.1 sec. These figures are not indicative of the way the car drives. That is the greatest tragedy of the Santa Fe.

Even in the A4, I over took a Mer C class on the way back to Bangalore from Chennai. Boy did that guy get angry.

I am now used to stopping and taking a break when I meet such drivers on the road. You won't believe how much ego most of the drivers have. One E class guy almost recked his car just to prove he was superior!

Last edited by gungax : 4th January 2022 at 18:44.
gungax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 18:58   #27
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the A4. Once you experience a german car it is not possible to go back to a Jap or Korean. It's pretty much hook line and sinker. lol.

I absolutely agree with you on the A4 being front heavy. We had taken my 3 series and fellow moderator Manson new A4 for a drive to Belgaum. Where the 3 was stuck to the corners like rails the minute you push the A4 hard into a corner it's understeer galore. The A4 requires a much more relaxed and calm driving style where as the 3 was opposite and just wild through the corners.

Quote:
I am now used to stopping and taking a break when I meet such drivers on the road. You won't believe how much ego most of the drivers have. One E class guy almost recked his car just to prove he was superior!
What a coincidence. I do the same thing. If I see these Fortuner, Endeavour Santa Fe, Creta, Seltos drivers trying to keep up with me in my Kodiaq or 3 series I just slow down and let them by so they think their car is quicker.

Anyways by the time the corners come the 3 series passes them like they are standing still

Also cars like the 330i need a driver to use the rev range unlike the old school diesels which feel fast but aren't quick on the road. The Cruze and Sant Fe felt quick but numbers and real world performance was something else.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 4th January 2022 at 19:27.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 18:59   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Every German I overtook in the SF resulted in a small road rage incident. Even XUV500 and how can I forget that Fortuner on a Rajasthan road.
Although I have done 0-100 in 8.1 sec. These figures are not indicative of the way the car drives. That is the greatest tragedy of the Santa Fe.
On a lighter note, I am now convinced that owners of the Germans are large hearted to let a slower vehicle overtake them
FamilyTraveller is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 19:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
On a lighter note, I am now convinced that owners of the Germans are large hearted to let a slower vehicle overtake them
Not really!

He himself has quoted C and E class owners losing their cool.

Honestly, I've realised that it's the inexperienced highway drivers that get so irritated when an 'inferior' car overtakes them. Such drivers won't go fast and neither would they allow faster cars to overtake them. Absolute pain.

I've also realised that anticipation and 'looking ahead' can you make you faster than any such driver however fast their cars actually are - beat a 6 series, Q7 and an A4 without going into mentionable speeds over a course of 400kms in a humble Vento despite them overtaking me a zillion times because I knew which truck/ toll booth line to go behind when they get stuck in traffic.
Turbohead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 20:56   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

I absolutely agree with you on the A4 being front heavy. We had taken my 3 series and fellow moderator Manson new A4 for a drive to Belgaum. Where the 3 was stuck to the corners like rails the minute you push the A4 hard into a corner it's understeer galore. The A4 requires a much more relaxed and calm driving style where as the 3 was opposite and just wild through the corners.
Is the front heavy characteristic of the A4 specific only to the FWD versions? I am into the 3rd week of driving my quattro A4, but frankly haven't been able to push it much around corners because we've had consistently snowed or iced roads from the day I picked it up. Hopefully the roads get dry and I put it through its paces. Also need to get my hands on a RWD 3 series and compare its handling to my quattro.
iceman7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks