Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2022, 10:33   #106
BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Audi is running 20% discount offer on extended warranty packs for a few days. Highly recommend getting maximum coverage on these germans simply for the peace of mind if that is a thing with luxury car ownership
Yes, indeed there is 20% discount on extended warranty. As per the email which I received yesterday, this offer is valid until 10th May, 2022.
I was also wondering if there is any sort of offer on basic service pack?
Old 25th March 2022, 11:04   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I was also wondering if there is any sort of offer on basic service pack?
The CRM team at Audi Mumbai West confirmed discount is applicable only on the extended warranty packs.
manson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 14:20   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Checkd out a new A4 that has arrived in my neighbourhood last week. From the outside, one cannot be blamed for not recognising that it is the new A4 and not the age old B8 model. However on the inside, things have taken a very positive turn. The interiors feel very modern and premium at the same time, simple and elegant. The quality of materials is absolutely immaculate and is almost on par with cars a segment above such as the 5 series.

But, I could not stop thinking that from an exterior perspective, the new Skoda Octavia looks more stylish and somehow sharper and better finished than the A4. The two cars are of a very similar size and interior volume. The paint quality of the Octavia seemed superior to the Audi to my eyes, if that were even possible! The new gen-Octy feels much more solidly built than the previous generation. I even like the colours of the Octavia better, such as that seductive new blue. Interior quality has also improved tremendously in the Octavia and it feels in the entry luxury league though of course it cannot match the A4. Even the engine and transmission are exactly the same, and the other fact to be considered is that the deep discounts on the A4 have all but stopped. The Octavia seems to be a better value pic from my perspective for someone looking for a car in the segment, unless he or she is obsessed with buying a luxury brand. There is possibly a price difference of almost 15 lakhs between the two for comparable variants at this point. Audi should have provided the Quatro AWD in the A4 to differentiate from the competition above and below it as they used to do in the late 90s and early 2000s, you could not buy an A4 without Quatro in the US in those days.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 26th March 2022 at 14:24.
84.monsoon is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 15:11   #109
Senior - BHPian

PDI experience of my A4 Premium Plus

Earlier booking related post, here (2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review).

Since the beginning of my research for a new car few months ago, I have witnessed Audi Pune folks to be thoroughly courteous and professional. In my personal experience, they have always strived to exceed expectations and have made a honest endeavor to wow customers, doing things in style. During my first test drive of the A4 in Nov'21, they had offered a complementary spin in the hot RS 5!

This time round, when it was time to visit the stockyard for the PDI, guess what they arranged for the 30 min drive:

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-img_3081.jpg

The mighty Q7! What a view, even the Innova looked small in front:

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-img_3082.jpg

But I couldn't afford to be distracted by this diversion, and had to stay focused on the upcoming, even more enthralling piece of craftsmanship ahead, the morceau de beauté:

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-img_3074.jpg

Armed with the TBHP PDI checklist, it took me about an hour or so to "meander" around purposefully.
Satisfied (read: exhilarated) with what I saw, in person, finally!

And it was that moment, when I realized that the color choice of Terra Gray metallic was an absolute peach of a color palette!

The front fascia is super style personified:

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-img_3075.jpg

With one of the best derrière in the business:

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-img_3077.jpg

That oblique cockpit view..

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-img_3079.jpg

And finally, the merveille d'ingénierie:

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-img_3073.jpg

The odo had a respectable 35 km reading. Also realized for the first time, that the speedometer was non-linear (0 to 80 km/h with 10km/h interval, and then directly 100km/h mark).
Took a good tour of all the essential knick-knacks and gave a thumbs-up to the SA

And just to end the entire episode on a high note of drama, I couldn't help reflect the extreme ironies of life when I had to step in the (wifey's) humble Hyundai Eon sometime later

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-img_3083.jpg

(I know, the steering wheel cover needs to be replaced)

All in a matter of 3 hours: started with a Q7, moved to a A4 and ended the proceedings with a Eon!

Last edited by JoshMachine : 31st March 2022 at 15:39.
JoshMachine is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 09:29   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Since the beginning of my research for a new car few months ago, I have witnessed Audi Pune folks to be thoroughly courteous and professional. In my personal experience, they have always strived to exceed expectations and have made a honest endeavor to wow customers, doing things in style.
Audi showroom folks certainly know to how to make an average experience exceptional. Our sales advisor Aditya at the Mumbai West dealership was extremely courteous when I casually visited the showroom last March to only checkout the newly launched A4 and I'm glad I could return the courtesy by routing our purchase through him. Hopefully this stays constant with their team at the service centre as well.

Quote:
And it was that moment, when I realized that the color choice of Terra Gray metallic was an absolute peach of a color palette!
Great choice of color, I think the second on our forum. Really shows off the classic Audi lines and is certainly going to age most gracefully too. Ibis white and Navara Blue being our only options back in August-September on the Premium+ I was spared any dilemma over exterior or interior colors since my last car was white with beige interiors.

Last edited by manson : 3rd April 2022 at 09:33.
manson is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 11:33   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Hopefully this stays constant with their team at the service centre as well.
I agree. After reading through the other thread about opinionated car salesmen, the overall dealership experience at Audi has been really good for most of us which is in contrast to a MB or a Skoda/VW. Our SA Lalit was also extremely well spoken, courteous and easy to interact with.

However no experience with the Service centre yet. I am hoping that good relationships with the salespeople will translate to a good experience at the service centre. Since in Pune there is just one dealership and one service centre and everyone knows each other there.

Have you had a chance to interact with the service centre till date?

@JoshMachine has picked up one of the most unique colours on the market and the car looks really good in it. I especially loved the rear view
sauravpat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 15:01   #112
Senior - BHPian

Update: the 4 rings come home, finally!

The car, decked up like a schönes geschenk, arrived home on the auspicious 2nd of April:

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-img_3106.jpg

..and started beaming into the parking lot immediately:

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-img_3139.jpg

Today is already the 4th day but the waterfall of excitement continues to drown us! Thanks Mr. Horch, for the wonderful legacy.

Have managed to take the odo to only 237 km so far. Am completely enamored with what I have seen so far, the sweet 'Audi type' font-face on the perfectly symmetrical dials:

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-img_3138.jpg

And have some, what they call as 'tip of the iceberg' observations to share herewith:

* Overall:- Mind-blowing & Addictive, 2 words to describe the ownership experience so far

* Suspension:- the 5-link suspension at the front and rear, works EXACTLY like advertised. Comfort rough road suspension is the fancy adjective here, and does it behave like that!

* Engine:- the EA888 190 hp TFSI is a gem of an engine. Coming from a 105 hp diesel mill of my (ex) Vento, the petrol refinement in the A4 feels surreal. I am yet to get used to the in-line acceleration trajectory, but all I can say it is addictive, and some more!

* Interiors:- everything is built to last, and maybe built on some other planet. And totally empirical, by the way,

* NVH:- not a single, unnecessary unit of decibel inside the cabin when the windows are rolled up. Feels like a tomb (eerily) when the music is turned off.

* Ride & handling:- very good. I can't wait to rejuvenate our Pune-Nagpur/Bhopal 850km day-long trips. Possibly more.

* Driving:- Plenty to choose from Efficiency, Comfort, Auto, Dynamic (there's Individual also). Different modes for different moods.

* Audio quality/ In-car entertainment:- Involving. Engaging. Lots to play around. More than enough for us, 10 speakers.

* S-tronic:- don't have enough adjectives for this piece of engineering marvel. And with the specially adapted version for the longitudinal engine of the A4, the joy gets multiplied. I have been driving the smaller DQ200 for 87,000+ km and I can FEEL the difference, literally & immediately.

* myAudi Connect:- of all the lot, the app experience has been slightly iffy. Audi has put a picture of the B8 model for the B9 A4 that I own! Some info (like the one on trip details including hard acceleration, hard braking etc) is useful, while some other info is just for the uninitiated.

Some pics from the myAudi Connect..

Shocked to see this prev-gen image:

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-img_3141.jpg

Have emailed Audi India, btw.

A good variety of information on the app home page:

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-img_3142.png

2021 Audi A4 2.0 TSI Technology Ownership Review-img_3140.png

As mentioned earlier, the above points are my initial observations and not detailed/complete as such. Am getting the ownership report ready for the TBHP foundry, as I clock more miles and explore a thing or two more in the process. Also, will continue to learn from the valuable ownership experiences that have been already put up on the forum.

P.S. the swastik mark on the bonnet was present for a brief duration. Promptly removed with a acetone-free, gentle cleanser after the pics were taken.
JoshMachine is offline   (72) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 17:11   #113
BHPian

Quote:
* myAudi Connect:- of all the lot, the app experience has been slightly iffy. Audi has put a picture of the B8 model for the B9 A4 that I own! Some info (like the one on trip details including hard acceleration, hard braking etc) is useful, while some other info is just for the uninitiated.

Some pics from the myAudi Connect..

Shocked to see this prev-gen image.

Congratulations on the beautiful new companion @JoshMachine. Wishing you a trouble-free and joyful ownership of the A4

I will like to report the same thing. The total distance covered on the Audi Connect app differs from the ODO reading on our MY22 A4. It appears that the app has considered a few trips twice while calculating total distance covered. So the app is not bulletproof with regards to the data it shows.

The image of the A4 on the app is the B9 itself, albeit the pre face-lift B9. Still the wrong image as far as we are concerned. Our cars are known as the B9 face-lift or the B9.5 on some international forums. Our app also shows the silver pre face-lift B9.

The angular front headlights are from the B9 generation itself. The face-lift was quite substantial and involved changing the side profile sheet metal as well. Hence the confusion maybe. Interior and features wise they are almost the same.
sauravpat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 09:54   #114
BHPian

Quote:
When I saw that we have another Audi A4, I was thinking to myself that its raining A4s in our TeamBHP and when I clicked and saw your handle, that moment, like a Hollywood movie all the flashbacks, hints your dropped earlier came to my mind and the dots connected. I had the idea that you are interested in the Audi A4 and but it would come home so soon, didn't anticipate. What a beautiful, beautiful car she is, just yesterday itself while driving back home, I spotted the same coloured A4 in Raipur and it looked so elegant on the road. A heartiest congratulations to you for the Audi A4 and staying in the VAG family, they rightly say- once you drive a VAG you always drive a VAG. I think it's the perfect upgrade from your equally beautiful Vento. Looking forward for an in-depth ownership review from you, I love your writing style. And I will admit that it's been 10 minutes since I have read your post and I'm still smiling ear to ear, I'm so happy right now like I myself have bought the car

Could you share the onroad price and the discounts you got?
Wishing you many happy miles and what did you named her.
sachin_cs is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 12:15   #115
BHPian

Hearty congratulations and happy miles and memories! What an awesome choice of a colour which brings out the classic lines of a German car esp Audi's design language.

Kudos to sales folks @ Audi who made the experience more personal and already sowed the seeds for your next upgrade, RS 5 or Q7. This positive experience will definitely encourage many future buyers to knock first at Audi among the big 3.
ranjith_cbz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 13:24   #116
BHPian

Congratulations on bringing your Audi home

Wish you many many happy miles with her. That 2.0 engine, combined with the S-Tronic gearbox is an absolute delight to drive.

And yes, it is raining Audi's on our forum. So happy to see that

Edit: Absolutely smashing color. Love it!!

Last edited by iceman7 : 7th April 2022 at 13:29.
iceman7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 14:30   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauravpat View Post
Congratulations on the beautiful new companion @JoshMachine. Wishing you a trouble-free and joyful ownership of the A4
Thanks a lot Saurav! Your prompt responses to my endless queries really made a difference!
Time for a Pune + Mumbai Audi TBHP meet, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
When I saw that we have another Audi A4, I was thinking to myself that its raining A4s in our TeamBHP and when I clicked and saw your handle, that moment, like a Hollywood movie all the flashbacks, hints your dropped earlier came to my mind and the dots connected. I had the idea that you are interested in the Audi A4 and but it would come home so soon, didn't anticipate. What a beautiful, beautiful car she is, just yesterday itself while driving back home, I spotted the same coloured A4 in Raipur and it looked so elegant on the road. A heartiest congratulations to you for the Audi A4 and staying in the VAG family, they rightly say- once you drive a VAG you always drive a VAG. I think it's the perfect upgrade from your equally beautiful Vento
Thank you dear Sachin, for the warm wishes!
You won't believe the amount of deliberation that we underwent on just choosing the Terra Gray metallic color, more on that perhaps later. But we are glad that it looks good and bit unique on the roads.

You said it perfectly - once you get used to riding with a German pedigree, its difficult to switch loyalties.

I recall I had hinted on your Rapid thread about the possible upgrade last month . However I had been already doing some research since last few months. And when all things fell in place during late-March, I took the plunge.

Quote:
Looking forward for an in-depth ownership review from you, I love your writing style. And I will admit that it's been 10 minutes since I have read your post and I'm still smiling ear to ear, I'm so happy right now like I myself have bought the car!
Yes, will soon start pouring stuff into the TBHP foundry's melting pot for the ownership review.

Quote:
Could you share the onroad price and the discounts you got?
Wishing you many happy miles and what did you named her.
Regarding discounts in Jan-March timeline, they had started allocating a price list for each line item unlike the past where they were bundling things together. Also, had to take into consideration the steep price hike that had effected from Jan'22. As we know, the Premium Plus was retailing at ex-showroom approx. 41.7L in FY21 but the price was jacked up to 44.90L in FY22.
And so this time round, they were treating discounts on a case by case basis. You may want to refer to some details that I had put here. Got 100% list price discount on 5 yrs full comprehensive service, extended warranty, roadside assistance, accessory kit, handling etc. + 50% of list price discount on insurance (RTI, engine protection, keys etc) + special/corp discount of 1.5L, alongwith an attractive evaluation of the Vento exchange. My net on-road cost was 46.xxL including all the above list items.
And some extra benefit in the form of RoI reduction in the bank loan portion as well. That will shave off close to lakh roughly additionally.
On the name, yet to think of one. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjith_cbz View Post
Hearty congratulations and happy miles and memories! What an awesome choice of a colour which brings out the classic lines of a German car esp Audi's design language.
Kudos to sales folks @ Audi who made the experience more personal and already sowed the seeds for your next upgrade, RS 5 or Q7. This positive experience will definitely encourage many future buyers to knock first at Audi among the big 3.
Thanks a lot ranjith! Yes, it has been a wonderful experience so far. Bit early to think of the next upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Congratulations on bringing your Audi home
Wish you many many happy miles with her. That 2.0 engine, combined with the S-Tronic gearbox is an absolute delight to drive.
Thanks iceman! That engine is one terrific piece of craftsmanship. Since I have made the transition from a 105 hp diesel mill, guess I will take some time to come to grips with almost twice the power hike in the A4's petrol engine.
JoshMachine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 15:19   #118
BHPian

Last Saturday, I decided to take a day's trip to my work place Vapi, GJ which is 150 km north of Mumbai. As soon as I crossed Vasai, TPMS threw an error indicating loss in trye pressure. I immediately stopped at a nearby gas station and asked the guy to check the pressure. To my surprise, the pressure in all four tyres had shot up to 40. The previous night I had checked all tyres set it to 35 PSI and reset the parameters of the TPMS. I asked the guy to decrease it 35 PSI. I reset the TPMS parameters again and after that there was no issue. Anyone faced similar issue?

I can understand why the pressure increased, it was because as you drive the air inside tyres gets hotter and hence increase in pressure. But TPMS indicating loss in pressure is something I can not figure out why, may be it was just a glitch.

While returning I filled the tank and half way after ~70 kms the MID was showing fuel consumption of 19.2 kmpl at an average speed of 70 kmph. It reduced after I hit Mumbai traffic and overall got a respectable figure of 15.8 kmpl. Impressive, I must say.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 17:05   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Last Saturday, I decided to take a day's trip to my work place Vapi, GJ which is 150 km north of Mumbai. As soon as I crossed Vasai, TPMS threw an error indicating loss in trye pressure. I immediately stopped at a nearby gas station and asked the guy to check the pressure. To my surprise, the pressure in all four tyres had shot up to 40. The previous night I had checked all tyres set it to 35 PSI and reset the parameters of the TPMS. I asked the guy to decrease it 35 PSI. I reset the TPMS parameters again and after that there was no issue. Anyone faced similar issue?

I can understand why the pressure increased, it was because as you drive the air inside tyres gets hotter and hence increase in pressure. But TPMS indicating loss in pressure is something I can not figure out why, may be it was just a glitch.

While returning I filled the tank and half way after ~70 kms the MID was showing fuel consumption of 19.2 kmpl at an average speed of 70 kmph. It reduced after I hit Mumbai traffic and overall got a respectable figure of 15.8 kmpl. Impressive, I must say.
I have experienced this too, on the same route
I think loss in pressure should be not necessarily inferred as low pressure , its basically trying to say pressure is beyond set limit (Higher or Lower)
goenkakushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 17:16   #120
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
A hearty congratulations, my friend!
A well-deserved upgrade from the Vento, I'd say.

Please do some hard pulls once the break-in period is completed
vredesbyrd is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks