Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2022, 13:40   #31
BHPian

Re: The Island Gurkha | My 2021 Grey Force Gurkha 4x4 in the Andamans | Ownership Review

Incredible. Thanks a ton for taking time to document this. This is one of the best ownership reports I have read. Kudos.
chandras1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 13:51   #32
BHPian

Re: The Island Gurkha | My 2021 Grey Force Gurkha 4x4 in the Andamans | Ownership Review

Thank you everyone who is taking time to read through it. I know it's long and I'm happy you guys find it worthy enough to spend your time reading through the full report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Exceptional, unbiased & detailed ownership reviews of cars have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform)
Attachment 2265971
Thanks a lot Aditya. This means a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
I can't even get a parcel Dunzo-ed to my parents place without hickups and you got a Gurkha delivered to an island. Hats off to your perseverance. Loved reading this ownership review.
As they say TSEA, Necessity is the mother of invention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Absolutely brilliant!!!

G U R K H A and the Wild Tribe
Cheers,
Thanks Trojan, your Gurkha itself and your inputs were invaluable in the Django equation. Thanks for welcoming me into the Wild Tribe!.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 14:34   #33
BHPian

Hats off man! Not only for the exceptionally detailed review, but for the effort you have put in to get a car of your choice. Glad to see proactive involvement of Force Motors too. Small steps like these go a lond way in earning a buyer's trust.

I am also smitten by the Gurkha. It's much more liveable in its present avatar. The other considering is Thar, of course. Let's see if I get a Swiss knife or s sledgehammer.
Prashant1286 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 15:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post

the cardinal sin - no sunroof!
I love your passion for this car and thank you for this review. I have had cars with sunroofs for 11 years now and never could find a use for the sunroof even once. Either it is freezing cold outside or dusty as hell depending on the time of year or where I was living at that particular time of the year. If at all everything was falling in place, I did not have time to take it for a ride with open sunroof. So personally I see it as a waste of a feature. A lot of people on this board seek this feature and I never understood why, that too in India.

Quote:
The Night Shift guys have contributed some glaring follies for their part, for example giving a 3 bolt bracket on the rear door to mount a 5 bolt OE wheel.
I run manufacturing operations for living and I have done it in 3 different continents. I can tell you that night shift always has better quality and productivity across every factory. We never really analyzed why, but I think it is because night shift has the least amount of distractions.
Theyota is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 15:10   #35
BHPian

Re: The Island Gurkha | My 2021 Grey Force Gurkha 4x4 in the Andamans

Quote:
My Gurkha finally touched down, rear wheels first, on the sun soaked island soil.

We had finally pulled it off. Mission Island Gurkha Accomplished!.
I had goosebumps right here, this is extraordinary effort from you and Force Motors, wishing you tons of miles on the Gurkha, looking forward to your adventures.

I don't really contribute to car threads, but you sir, deserve every bit of appreciation.

Last edited by FURY_44 : 28th January 2022 at 15:11.
FURY_44 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 16:00   #36
BHPian

Fantastic write up. With a nice quick history of Force Motors as well. Having read about Asterix and now your Django, what struck me was the immense passion and an 'against all odds' spirit in getting your Gurkhas. I'm sure the vehicles embody the same spirit as well.

Such CRM is unheard of and Force seems to be on the right path. Congrats and wish you many happy off-road miles with it.
cpabhijit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 16:11   #37
BHPian

That was an awesome review. You do have a flair for words and phrases. Great writing. I read it at one go. There are some who like their cars and then there are some like you, for whom the car is almost an extension of who they are. "Passionate" does not seem to do sufficient justice.

What a story. Very objective review. Wishing you and Django years of fun and creating memories
Ganapathy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 16:58   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you everyone who is taking time to read through it. I know it's long and I'm happy you guys find it worthy enough to spend your time reading through the full report.

*SNIP*
It was worth every second. Man, it took you 11 posts just to start your ownership review of the car - and I was so lost in your story that I almost did not realise it.

But for the fact that Gurkha does not come in automatic, I would have bought it instead of Thar.

And BTW, your night-shift comment - Thar (both old and new) comes with the same three-bolt bracket for a five-bolt spare wheel

Cheers
tilt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 17:23   #39

Truly a Django Unchained moment. Wish you many many happy miles with your Django.

I do have a question for you?

Mahindra Thar
Force Gurkha
Maruti Suzuki Jimny - 5 door

Throwing these three in the mix, you would have still picked Gurkha?
Old 28th January 2022, 18:13   #40
BHPian

Written like a symphony rather than an ownership review and an ode to the mean machine, The Gurkha. Read it in one go, in silence and smiling.

Force motors is rising like a phoneix from the ashes. A special appreciation for all Force motors staffs who made this possible. I have been to Port Blair twice and love the city. It is a small place and I hope you find enough places to fully utilise what Django has to offer. I will be keeping an eye on the 5 door Gurkha.
Sran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 18:29   #41
BHPian

The intent and effort put into the article makes it a very absorbing and interesting read, i hope you enjoy your new gurkha and do keep all of updated throughout your new journey.
wishing you godspeed from my end.
jono213 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 18:34   #42
BHPian

Now I want one too!

By far some of the best writing I have seen on Team-BHP and I very rarely read through so much in one go. Some popcorn along with this would have been awesome but I was already hooked and wasn't going to stop for anything.

Wishing you tons of more experiences which, hopefully, will also be shared with us.
DeadCenter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 18:40   #43
BHPian

Wow! A thoroughly fascinating write-up, oozing with passion

Your trust in Force, and the way they rose to the occasion, especially by "already" checking up and aligning everything before speaking to you, is simply exceptional. With such a team backing you, here's wishing you & Django many kilometers of happy driving
KSTejaswi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 18:48   #44
Senior - BHPian

Amazing thread and good luck on more Miles with Django and you dont need chains in the island. Hats off to the effort by Force as a whole in getting a owner connected to their baby.

You have done a lot of Favor to Force with this thread as it has got a lot of people here reading this who may have gotten swayed by a Thar instead. You have spoken well on the interiors and this vehicle does have better boot space then a thar.

Looking forward to more journeys in Djangos life ahead.

Any regrets?

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 19:07   #45
BHPian

Congrats Vignesh. I t took more than 2+ hours for me to read through the ownership report (That too on a working day), but it was worth every second. One of the best ownership review I have ever read. Wish you a great ownership period with the car and please keep this thread updated with the excellent travel/off-road details that you are going to do in the islands.
sreejithkk is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed