Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2022, 11:32   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: My pre-worshipped 10th-gen Toyota Corolla Altis Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider24 View Post
Recovery from major spine surgery is a gruelling task.
The human side of your story is amazing. The fortitude you have shown in the face of this adversity is inspiring. I hope you are healthy now. I know how tough it is because my wife's niece had a similar surgery several years ago, also at Bombay Hospital. She is healthy now and studying in the UK.

Enjoy your car. I have a 2012 Camry and my wife has a 2019 Corolla. We are both very happy with our Toyotas and the after-sales service that our dealer offers.

Moderator Vid6639 also owns a 10+-year-old Corolla which is in great shape. He is the master of all things automobile and is a good man to reach out to if you need advice or assistance. (see link below)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...-12-years.html

Last edited by navin : 25th January 2022 at 11:40.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 14:18   #17
BHPian

Well Done Man!! Overcoming such health hazards is the job of extraordinary people only and then following your heart calls is truly beyond the ordinary mortals. Keep it up!!
One of my childhood friend suffers from ankylosing spondylitis and I know the hardships and test of character it involves to lead a productive life.

Last edited by fawad0222 : 25th January 2022 at 14:21.
fawad0222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 15:02   #18
BHPian

Hello Strider!!

More than your car buying journey, its your life journey that's commendable!! You're a fighter man!! Best of luck in everything

Here's wishing you happy miles !!

Regards,
Powertrain
powertrain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 15:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The human side of your story is amazing. The fortitude you have shown in the face of this adversity is inspiring. I hope you are healthy now. I know how tough it is because my wife's niece had a similar surgery several years ago, also at Bombay Hospital. She is healthy now and studying in the UK.

Enjoy your car. I have a 2012 Camry and my wife has a 2019 Corolla. We are both very happy with our Toyotas and the after-sales service that our dealer offers.

Moderator Vid6639 also owns a 10+-year-old Corolla which is in great shape. He is the master of all things automobile and is a good man to reach out to if you need advice or assistance. (see link below)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...-12-years.html
Thanks Navin for sharing Vid6639's thread, will surely connect with him regarding braking issue I am facing. I am still recovering from that surgery, with walking restored to roughly 80% & good balance. running is far far away but I am happy to be not on a wheelchair forever. Physiotherapy will be continued till I get full use of my legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
How accurate is the Sensairy TPMS Tool ? I am tempted to go for it but the cost is on the higher side.

Here is the picture of my car from a recent outstation trip.
Attachment 2264451
Your car looks great Vivek, I too was tempted to go for a black colored Corolla, unfortunately it was dealer listed & registeted in Mumbai (MH01) & I didn't want to buy one from Mumbai for the obvious reasons.

Sensairy TPMS always has a inflated reading by 1 psi which i account for while filling the nitrogen. this figure hasn't changed in last 8 months. price is on high side yes because it is an internal sensor but is worth the money spent on it.

Last edited by navin : 25th January 2022 at 16:28.
Strider24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 22:36   #20

Very beautifully written and concluded post Strider24 !, Your post felt very close to me and even made me nostalgic about my Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8 G which we had for 8 years Name:  C3CAC280B482411CAFE6B142D3A2B208.jpeg
Views: 1133
Size:  294.9 KBuntil it met an accident in 2018 and we have to part ways, still amazed by your cars’ pictures, she got a great home.
Keep enjoying your ownership, many more happy miles to come,Cheers!
Vedantoyota75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 00:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.menon View Post
Loved your dad's picture. I so totally relate to your dad emphasizing on good driving etiquette. The previous generation [I'm 40+ :-)] was a lot more caring about 'driving well'. Letting others overtake (pass) with maturity, dipping headlamps to low beam out of courtesy, driving in a way that your passengers don't even realize that they're in a moving vehicle, these were valued by drivers of yesteryears.

Like you mentioned, we must pass these manners on to the next generation.
Hi, I totally relate to the above comment. The photo of your father reminds me of my late father as well. The earlier gen drivers were mostly middle class service personnel who were mindful of their Ps & Qs while driving on the road. My dad too, taught me life lessons while driving and I keep repeating it to my daughter.
One more photo of yours which catches the eye is the one where you are reading Tintin. One of my favourites too...The land of Black Gold

The price of your car is a steal considering the mint condition it was in. Kudos to the previous owner as well. Wishing you happy & safe driving.
nda992 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 10:55   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on the Corolla and a good recovery post surgery. A bigger engine on the highway removes a lot of driving stress even if one drives sedately. My recommendation for the underseat sub would be the Infinity Basslink mini. I have one in my Brezza for close to an year and if you have realistic expectations, it will not disappoint.
Old 29th January 2022, 15:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:

My Pre-worshipped 10th gen Corolla ALTIS AT

Attachment 2263912
Congrats!!
Which Brand parts did you use for Suspension and which parts were replaced along with price . Kindly share if possible.
Old 29th January 2022, 16:26   #24

[quote=Strider24;5242493]

Disclaimer: This is a long post of my car ownership history, how at various stages of my life I owned different cars & how being a car & driving enthusiast kept my morale high in difficult life situations. You can also directly jump to the 'The Corolla Altis Story' to skip my car ownership history.

Here is a glimpse of what's coming up.

Attachment 2263923

Prologue

Firstly, Congratulations on this beauty!
I own a 2013 1.8G too in the exact same shade of Silver Mica Metallic and boy oh boy, what a companion this car has always been!

Mine's a manual + one variant lower so i miss out on HSA and HHC along with the push button and keyless start function, also never knew it got shades at the rear? Would you mind sharing some more info and pics?

I have the exact same wishlist - a refreshment to the audio system, black mirrors, roof, grille and rims. Along with IPH with LED's and ambient lighting to suit the cabin. Can you share some more info and review of the new Audio setup? Also i got a reverse camera installed in 2014 from DSK toyota itself where they've connected it to the stock ICE and it's always worked perfectly fine, plus its on the boot not the bumper so not an ugly element.

Thank you!,
Parth Pandey
Old 31st January 2022, 13:51   #25
BHPian

Quote:

[*]Current touchscreen infotainment system's incompatibility with a rear parking camera. So far, no accessory shop has found an adapter to integrate a rear park camera into it. & I would hate to change the HU just for a reversing camera.
Congratulations Strider24

I have a 2012 Corolla Altis Diesel. In 2019 I was able to get a reverse camera set along with adaptor for stock ICE from Globalbyte (https://globalbyte.co.in/). They do not have it listed in their website, but they have the exact one for this model. Please call them and they will ship it. It costed me around 6 k for the complete set of camera, wires and adaptor.
DevD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 17:04   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevD View Post
Congratulations Strider24

I have a 2012 Corolla Altis Diesel. In 2019 I was able to get a reverse camera set along with adaptor for stock ICE from Globalbyte (https://globalbyte.co.in/). They do not have it listed in their website, but they have the exact one for this model. Please call them and they will ship it. It costed me around 6 k for the complete set of camera, wires and adaptor.
Hey DevD. Thanks for the information. Can you tell me if this setup has moving guidelines in it? And how's the camera resolution, on screen does it give clear picture ?
Strider24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 04:31   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Hey DevD. Thanks for the information. Can you tell me if this setup has moving guidelines in it? And how's the camera resolution, on screen does it give clear picture ?
Hello Strider24, The camera resolution is good and it shows guidelines.
Attached Thumbnails
My pre-worshipped 10th-gen Toyota Corolla Altis Automatic-psx_20220202_182303.jpg  

My pre-worshipped 10th-gen Toyota Corolla Altis Automatic-psx_20220202_182234.jpg  

DevD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 11:34   #28
BANNED

Quote:

Congratulations on a splendid car! I hope this serves you excellently for a long time to come.

I myself am in a quandry to buy a second car in the house and have a 2013 Altis VL AT under consideration.
I am just confused on the following points-
1) The car is nearly 9 years old now and I am not sure if the CVT will withstand another 5-7 years. Can you throw any light on this? The car in question has done around 80K Kms. My intended usage is majorly for Pune City traffic.

2) Any idea at what kind of annual service bills I will be looking into? I am fine if they are in the range of 15-20K, but I hope it doesn't exceed that.

3) Incase if the CVT does fail, what kind of replacement costs I am looking at?

Last edited by CR07 : 20th February 2022 at 11:51.
CR07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 15:16   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR07 View Post
Congratulations on a splendid car! I hope this serves you excellently for a long time to come.

I myself am in a quandry to buy a second car in the house and have a 2013 Altis VL AT under consideration.
I am just confused on the following points-

1) The car is nearly 9 years old now and I am not sure if the CVT will withstand another 5-7 years. Can you throw any light on this? The car in question has done around 80K Kms. My intended usage is majorly for Pune City traffic.

2) Any idea at what kind of annual service bills I will be looking into? I am fine if they are in the range of 15-20K, but I hope it doesn't exceed that.

3) Incase if the CVT does fail, what kind of replacement costs I am looking at?
1. CVTs from toyota and Honda are in general reliable, but in the end it all depends upon the kind of usage that car has seen & the way it has been maintained. check two things here
  • How does the owner drives his car, does he thrash it at any given opportunity or drive gently. in my experience Toyota Altis petrol owner drivers are the most careful in that area of driving.
  • Ensure to get as much service history as possible. make use of Toyota connect app where previous few year's service bills can be accessed and look for the transmission oil change. Toyota/Honda provide lifetime transmission oil but it usuallyt means 10 year/1 lakh/1.5 lakh km. if not done recently then you get the AT oil changed in next service.
    in the same app you will also get to see the recommended part replacement which was not done by owner and is due in next service.

2. My Annual service cost has been less than 6k ( not counting the suspension replacement) as my car is well maintained. but there are major service interval (75k & 100k kms) which may cost you but still it will be less than 20k.

3. Yes CVTs are costly. you will have to check the TOYOTA ASC for the replacement cost. but why reach that stage. I say visit the ASC with the car and ask them to do a thorough check of entire car, you will get to know all potential niggles ( or the lack of them) & you will know the suitability of car. if the current owner is serious about selling the car he will accommodate this.

All the best for your car purchase , Corolla Altis VL AT is amazingly reliable car, it will not give you any trouble. Keep us posted.

Last edited by Strider24 : 21st February 2022 at 15:17.
Old 7th March 2022, 10:27   #30
BHPian

Quote:

Repairs done in the last one year at FNG:
  1. Suspension parts replacement - It was due when buying the car itself. I got it done in August 2021, and after this, the car glides over all types of roads. Although it is now a relatively stiffer setup, I do not mind it because it has resulted in improved highway handling & better steering feedback. City ride suffers a bit, but I have gotten used to it & am okay with it now.
  2. Rear brake pads replaced with TVS branded pads. Rotors turned as advised by Asit. However, braking performance at 80+ km/h even after this repair is still not up to my expectation & I am pushing my FNG owner Asit to diagnose this. A car with all 4 disk brakes should brake very effectively.

I have OCD for keeping my car trouble-free. I can't tolerate even a single unexplained issue in my car & at the first sign of trouble (which sometimes is just my oversensitive ears), I go for a quick check-up. I plan to keep this car fully maintained until it is with me. Periodical servicing will always be done at the Toyota service centre only. However, I will not always go for Toyota spare parts (except the critical ones) as the OEM parts are available at a lower price at my FNG.
Dear Strider24,
Congratulations for the great purchase and what a lovely story.
I also own a Pre FL Diesel Altis 2011, 58k kms done
Last week A.S.S. asked to get the brake rotors and rear shockers replaced as I am facing noise from wheel- of course at an insanely high costs.
For brakes, I plan to get Bosch rotors like R2D2 did.
For suspension, would like to hear from you the details of parts used and costs involved. I also have a similar usage pattern( 90% highways) and would prefer better handling & feedback - my previous car was a Cedia sports
Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks