Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2022, 20:39   #16

Re: Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera

congratulation on the excellent choice. love the color on the car!!
My suggestion would be to upgrade the steering wheel to new gen one. its the best mod i have done to my cayenne. completely changes the overall feel.
can u share the cost of the alloys?
Carmine_pepper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 01:27   #17
BHPian

50% Proud and 50% Angry at you for getting MY Dream car!
Well I’m sure you’re gonna take good care of it. Congratulations!
QuentinTino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 15:15   #18
BHPian

Hearty congratulations on the Panamera! It is a sweet car!

I was in the market for one in 2019, and I TD'd three different 970 Panamera 4's before deciding on the final one, which got bought the day before I went with the money to the dealer (this was in the US). I was never lucky enough to find a pristine one, and ended up getting a WRX instead. The Porsche petrol V6s till 2012 had a catastrophic camgear aluminium bolt failure, which had many cars (including the Panameras and Cayennes) under recall, but because of Porsche's stinginess, they didn't recall 'all' the affected cars. So, it was a big deal to find the perfect car, with perfect specs, being in that recall list, or with the recall already complete. I am not aware of the diesel ones having a problem, but I would recommend you to get it checked nevertheless.

You're also correct with the fact that the air suspension till 2015 Panameras was really terrible, and the compressor would go out often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post

Engine :

Attachment 2267120

Tightly packed engine bay, Its such a lovely engine to drive,
Your diesel V6 is tightly packed in the engine, whereas for the petrol V6, one can clearly see that the engine bay was made to hold something larger. When I saw it for the first time, it was honestly embarrassing. One could practically change the pulleys below without even disassembling the front bumper part.

Petrol V6

Name:  048_3009202120275218119_800600.jpeg
Views: 1759
Size:  255.1 KB

Petrol V8

In the V8, you probably wouldn't have enough space to put your finger.

Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-871672330980fa27f4f7ab9a196c696d.jpeg

Wish you long and happy miles with your car! Drive it till the wheels fall off!
ruchiragrawal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 17:46   #19
BHPian

Many congratulations Tanveer on your perfect upgrade. You have been quite lucky to find such a gem with so less kms on it.

What is your experience while driving/ tackling blind spots with such a heavy A pillar and quite wide car.

Also please share your experience (fatigue level of any) after your longest drive in it.

Have thousands of miles with this new beauty.

Please keep updating the thread.

Cheers.
Guru_Shikhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 03:29   #20
BHPian

Congratulations Tanveer on the new purchase. The pic with your car and Innova really puts into perspective how wide it is. Did you do any exterior detailing on it too when you bought it?
Overall, awesome thread and so glad you shared it with us.
Sangwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 06:37   #21
BHPian

Congratulations on such an exclusive car Tanveer. In our country where people are apprehensive about purchasing any used German trio, you went ahead with such an exotic steed, which in itself is commendable.

Also, excellent review which matches up with the official T-BHP reviews with personal inputs which may inspire other petrol-heads to take such plunges!

One thing I failed to notice in the review is the MY of the car and also it may help other potential buyers if you give a rough estimate of the damage to your wallet.

Thanks!
mufeez1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 12:50   #22

Thanks for writing such a detailed and informative review. Loved every bit of it, especially the pictures. I also learnt about joyeauto car play and am considering getting it retrofitted in my car but don't know where to get it done.
Forza5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 12:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
[b]
Perfect upgrade from the 530d, man!
Exactly even what my dad said after a month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Congrats mano. I'm very glad you picked up the Panny, primarily because it meant you stopped eating our head every single day about what we feel you should buy, and why we're wrong for recommending it.
Hahahah

Quote:
Here's to you enjoying thousands of miles with the Panny, a fair few of them completed whilst it's in my rearview mirror
Hahahah, 316i cant overtake panny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebear View Post
Congratulations on the sick ride!!
Since the odo is quite low,How much did you end up paying for it?
I was willing to spend close to 50 big ones, Got this for slightly more and then spent some more to get it up to my wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arshad YR View Post
Man I'd been waiting for this thread for a really long time. I started following your 530d thread and was really sad when you decided to let it go but you got a really good upgrade from the 530d. Panamera is a car with a love it or hate it design. It does look a little weird from some angles but I still like the overall design of it. I have only driven Panamera's in games but I love to see the spoiler deploy from the outside. Congratulations on getting a Porsche bro and really excited to see this build and your roadtrip updates.
Thanks man, indeed letting go the 530d was difficult but only boost that i had was that i could drive it whenever i want and it will be out for every drive i go out with, looks of it has grown on me for sure, yes the retractable spoiler is super cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Congratulations! Took some time to go live! Fabulous next chapter after a stellar stint with the 530D. Looking forward to a similarly active ownership thread. Consider getting the steering wheel upgraded (IMO you get better looking design and regular paddles) - should be plug and play and can reuse the airbag from current steering wheel.
Thanks man, I want to swap the steering but a bit later i feel, Just done with the remap, Steering is surely on the cards.

Quote:
Btw, it was me that bought your 18" wheels I just wanted a single wheel as a spare and you know how it panned out.
Hahah, Damm, Hi how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechb63 View Post
Many congratulations Tanveer on the purchase. Wish you many many happy miles in this lovely car.
Thanks man!

Quote:
I still remember your 530d when it had come to PMP for a ceramic coat. It was a very exciting first day at my first ever job to see and work on that lovely car of yours.
I am glad man, Sad to see you guys shifting to a place very inconvenient for me.. Someday again though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
What a wonderful thread, thanks for sharing your journey. I'm sorry about the experience you had to go through with the 'known' dealer. All used car dealers are shady, I am yet to come across one who kept their word.
I agree, But my well spoken and educated dealer was a notch above i am sure!

Quote:
[*]Did the carplay retrofit work with the touchscreen?
Yes, Works with all controls, Touchscreen, Steering controls etc.

Quote:
I would suggest to go in for the steering with normal paddles, its much better. You can find some really good refurbs or brand new ones on ebay etc abroad, ship it without airbag and install if you don't want to spend big bucks on new one
Yes on the cars, Will happen soon.

Quote:
[*]Is it possible to retrofit the GTS spoiler?
It is, Direct swap, Only need a little changes in wiring and coding, Don't think it has been done in India till now, Commonly done in the international market though.

Quote:
Wish you many happy miles with the car, it's surely special and I don't think anything else could have served your needs this well. Once you are done with your remaps it will be very hard to replace as Porsche no longer makes the diesel.
Thanks man, Next car will be a petrol and God Willing a Panamera Turbo!
Hoping someone out there has a turbo who is not driving it and the car is depreciating ! Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Exceptional, unbiased & detailed ownership reviews of cars have started going to our homepage reviews box. It's the ultimate stamp of trust from Team-BHP (as a platform) because lakhs of visitors every month check out reviews from there & make purchase decisions.
Thanks man!

Quote:
Your review has also been included here. Thank you so much for sharing
I am glad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva4545 View Post
Excellent Review
Is this the Aisin same 8 speed gearbox used in the cayenne and touareg?
Yes same gearbox.

Quote:
Also from where do you get the service done?
My trusted workshop, Redline Autohaus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet0051 View Post
What an upgrade from 530D. Congratulations and good to know you keeping it as your daily drive. Keep updating this thread
Thanks man, Sure i will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine_pepper View Post
congratulation on the excellent choice. love the color on the car!!
Thanks, I too love the color, When clean looks the best.

Quote:
My suggestion would be to upgrade the steering wheel to new gen one. its the best mod i have done to my cayenne. completely changes the overall feel.
On the cards, Need it for sure i know.

Quote:
can u share the cost of the alloys?
Contact redline Autohaus for the current pricing, As now the shipping costs have increased drastically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuentinTino View Post
50% Proud and 50% Angry at you for getting MY Dream car!
Well I’m sure you’re gonna take good care of it. Congratulations!
Hahah thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchiragrawal View Post
Hearty congratulations on the Panamera! It is a sweet car!
Thanks man!

Quote:
I was in the market for one in 2019, and I TD'd three different 970 Panamera 4's before deciding on the final one, which got bought the day before I went with the money to the dealer (this was in the US). I was never lucky enough to find a pristine one, and ended up getting a WRX instead. The Porsche petrol V6s till 2012 had a catastrophic camgear aluminium bolt failure, which had many cars (including the Panameras and Cayennes) under recall, but because of Porsche's stinginess, they didn't recall 'all' the affected cars. So, it was a big deal to find the perfect car, with perfect specs, being in that recall list, or with the recall already complete. I am not aware of the diesel ones having a problem, but I would recommend you to get it checked nevertheless.
AFAIK, The diesal 970 panamera's only had a oil leaking issue for which it was recalled, Apparently to fix it the whole engine had to be removed from the bay, Thankfully mine does not leak any oil just the usual oil consumption.

Quote:
You're also correct with the fact that the air suspension till 2015 Panameras was really terrible, and the compressor would go out often.
Terrible i know, Hence i was looking for one without air suspension only.

Quote:
Your diesel V6 is tightly packed in the engine, whereas for the petrol V6, one can clearly see that the engine bay was made to hold something larger. When I saw it for the first time, it was honestly embarrassing. One could practically change the pulleys below without even disassembling the front bumper part.
Indeed its tightly packed.

Quote:
Petrol V8

In the V8, you probably wouldn't have enough space to put your finger.
Exactly the engine i would love to have in a panamera next!!

Quote:
Wish you long and happy miles with your car! Drive it till the wheels fall off!
Thanks man, 26k kms done, Hoping to drive it till 100k before i sell this one off !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_Shikhar View Post
Many congratulations Tanveer on your perfect upgrade. You have been quite lucky to find such a gem with so less kms on it.
Thanks man, Indeed ODO played a big role in finalising this particular car.

Quote:
What is your experience while driving/ tackling blind spots with such a heavy A pillar and quite wide car.
Initially it was an issue, But eventually you get used to it, Sit in a 530d after panamera and you will feel how small the 530d is, Even though its not! Panamera is just too wide !

Quote:
Also please share your experience (fatigue level of any) after your longest drive in it.
Max i have driven the car was 730 kms a day, I got home and infact went out for a small work 30 kms away again!! Well contained body roll, Flat ride, Linear acceleration over a long period really helps in keeping fatigue as less as possible.

Quote:
Have thousands of miles with this new beauty.

Please keep updating the thread.

Cheers.
Thanks man, Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangwan View Post
Congratulations Tanveer on the new purchase. The pic with your car and Innova really puts into perspective how wide it is.
I was actually shocked to see and had to click a picture! Best part is the all the width is utilised well even in the cabin!

Quote:
Did you do any exterior detailing on it too when you bought it?
Overall, awesome thread and so glad you shared it with us.
Dealer had apparently done ceramic coating over it, though i wouldn't trust him one bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufeez1234 View Post
Congratulations on such an exclusive car Tanveer. In our country where people are apprehensive about purchasing any used German trio, you went ahead with such an exotic steed, which in itself is commendable.
Indeed, I was prepared in mind to shell out extra for maintenance, Downtime to source parts when needed, but all in all, Its all worth it.

Quote:
Also, excellent review which matches up with the official T-BHP reviews with personal inputs which may inspire other petrol-heads to take such plunges!
Thanks man

Quote:
One thing I failed to notice in the review is the MY of the car and also it may help other potential buyers if you give a rough estimate of the damage to your wallet.

Thanks!
Ill pen down a post with the actual cost of the car and approximate damage to my wallet soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza5 View Post
Thanks for writing such a detailed and informative review. Loved every bit of it, especially the pictures. I also learnt about joyeauto car play and am considering getting it retrofitted in my car but don't know where to get it done.
Thanks man, Joyauto unit has been fantastic, However installing it is different in every car, Check videos for your specific car and talk to an installer first before ordering it.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 17:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

MAJOR UPDATE :

Roughly about 1.5 years into the ownership, I have already clocked more than 27000 kms.

Got it at 5500 kms or so and now the ODO reads around 32500 kms.

Did many many highway trips with the family & man, it's great when there is no discussion on which car to take now. If the roads are fine near the destination, it has to be the Panamera. Comfy for 4 & a big enough boot.

I was also irritated with the minor nicks on the rear bumper and one on the left door and stone chips on the bonnet and front bumper. Akshay from Redline recommended that instead of painting each panel, the car would look like new with a full overcoat & boy he was correct! Decided to get a full overcoat done. Great work done by Akshay at Redline AutoHaus.

Pictures taken when the car was being sent to me after the overcoat.

Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-photo20220325181057.jpg
Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-photo20220325181058.jpg
Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-photo20220325181056.jpg

Along with the normal servicing, I also decided to go for some preventive maintenance on the car. Got new new engine mounts, transmission mount and of course, its original brand new from Porsche only.

Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-photo20220528122433.jpg
Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-photo20220528122432.jpg

Swapped all the brake pads before they were fully worn down to EBC yellow stuff as I had several back to back highway trips planned. They are great, but the brake dust, as usual, is a lot.

One specific trip I'd like to highlight: It happened during the peak of summer with temperatures reaching 47-48 and mostly around 45 out on the highway (at least that was shown in the car). The car was running all the time, even when we had stopped for a break with all 4 AC temperatures set at 20 as it was crazy hot outside. The home run was 520 kms in the last day.

Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-img_1049.jpg
I was surprised to see the trip details when I got home just to see the FE stats - 14.9 KPL with 3 adults and a full luggage.

Total trip details were these

Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-1329.jpg
A week-long trip with 3 adults and luggage during peak summer!

I never really bought the Panamera thinking of getting such fuel efficiency, but well, it's always good to see.

On one of the recent trips a couple of weeks ago, saw the elevation jumping to 1400 meters!

Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-img_3770.jpg
1421 Meters to be exact! Wilson Point at Mahableshwar.

Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-img_3754.jpg
1421 Meters from outside, Everything was covered with heavy fog.

Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-img_3772.jpg
Mahableshwar is full of such narrow roads, ,many of them are not in very good condition. It's actually amazing how the car handles bad roads with 19" wheels. Takes them on beautifully with absolutely no "Khat" or "harsh" sounds from the suspension at all. The suspension is completely silent when working hard on bad roads.

Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-img_3807.jpg
The view. Was sure to engage the electronic parking brake!

Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-img_3452.jpg
The other car for the trip. Along with the mighty Endeavour.

Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-0024e14363ee4872acbe6936ee64ad11.jpg
It was still and always the Panamera leading with the Endy following.

Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-a0e2043cbc19421fb66ff7ff4e8687ef.jpg
Corners? Don't really need to brake many times!

Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-img_3453.jpg
Rs. 117 Per Litre for normal diesel at Shell. Felt no different.

Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-img_4109.jpg
My trusted Petrol Pump at BKC. Always a full tank of 100 litres of diesel here.

Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-img_4124.jpg
Late night drives are always fun.

Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-img_3057.jpg
Barely fits in any parking place comfortably.

Fun for Four | My Pre-Worshipped Porsche Panamera-img_1069.jpg
A nice wash after every long drive. The colour seems best when clean.

It's such a lovely car to drive, The more you drive it, the more you fall in love with it. It's meant for touring and that can be felt when out on the highway. The Panamera also commands attention and other drivers usually even give you way to overtake or wait if you are changing lanes. It's such an attention magnet, not that I like it. But, it's actually a very easy car to drive once you get used to it.

More pictures coming sooon..!

Last edited by Aditya : 1st July 2022 at 06:14. Reason: Edited for better readability
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (82) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 17:10   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Last night drives are always fun.
Great to see the car actually being used rather than being a garage queen!

By the way, I spotted you guys last week at BKC when you took this click! Was parked opposite, admiring the line up.
lamborghini is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 11:11   #26
BHPian

Those are some serious miles and some seriously impressive FE. Always nice to witness somebody making the most of a machine like this.
Tokengrip is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 09:35   #27
BHPian

So nice to see a Panamera being used the way it should be!

What are the FE figures she is returning in peak Mumbai traffic? The FE on these runs were absolutely fabulous for a car of this size and power.

Have the new mounts made any difference to the smoothness etc?

Would love to read more threads on this beauty in the future!
AKSarkar1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 09:38   #28
BHPian

Congrats for the awesome experience so far. Was still addicted to your earlier F10 530d ownership thread and now this is just amazing
That’s some great mileage you are getting that most of petrol cars can only think of.
Tanmay_868 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 10:31   #29
BHPian

Quote:

Pictures taken when the car was being sent to me after the overcoat.

With great power comes responsilbility and smaller number plates.While legal size number plates take away the joy of viewing a good car, a micro sized one does send bad vibes about the owner.
maheshm619 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 11:17   #30

lovely to see the panny getting to strech her legs in some beautiful landscapes. can you elaborate on the paint overcoat part? did u add one new paint coat or a protection film?

Btw way i have one newer steering wheel lying with me .let me know if you are interested. ��
Carmine_pepper is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks