Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 00:30   #16
BHPian

44k ?? its just 22k here in Mumbai ... are you including the finance payback, exchange bonus etc in the 44k ??

22k and mudflaps + door mats.
Old 5th December 2007, 00:35   #17
Team-BHP Support

Post edited by the Team-BHP Support : WATCH THE TONE! There is absolutely no need to call other members names, or use a harsh tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
The pick up was decent...but i didnt seem to feel a 100 bhp kinda pick up though.
the car miht feel sluggish initially, but comes to its own after 4000 rpm. if yo want to get the best out of the car you have to keep the rpms high..

Quote:
Braking was not great,or so i felt, maybe because i was used to abs and ebd.
whats the meaning of this?? are you saying that the way you drive you are always utilising your cedia's abs and ebd? the Palios brakes may lack the feel but stop the car quite well, should not be an issue anyway.

Quote:
All in all, the car was just about ok. I feel the swift petrol is a much better deal than palio 1.6.
lost the power to type after reading this

Last edited by GTO : 15th December 2007 at 11:10.
Old 5th December 2007, 07:35   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post
It is another thing that I always keep climate control on in order to avoid noise and air pollution. I suspect that you had got a bad piece to test drive.
Climate control on a Palio?

That's a new one!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th December 2007 at 07:37.
Old 5th December 2007, 11:35   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Palio has skinny tyres which need an upsize for better handling. However come on... I drive a Cedia too and the initial responsiveness of the Palio 1.6 is way way way better than the Cedia. The midrange acceleration could have been better though. You shouldn't even be comparing the acceleration to the swift... its like comparing a mule to a horse. Swift is one of the slowest cars off the blocks.

The gearbox on the Palio is rather slick and way better than the notchy gearbox of the swift. I agree to the fact that the chassis and suspension of the palio is no way close to the swift. About the brakes... well the issue is not with the brakes per se... its just that you have to push the brakes way harder than most other cars. Once you do, it brakes well. The pedal does lack the feel though.

Err crude in what sense? If you are talking about the engine being a bit vocal, I just love that... the way the engine revs, its like sweet music. I've been in/driven bottle's palio quite a bit and I just love the car. Other than a stiffer chassis and springs, the Swift offers little else in terms of driving experience.
May be I am a novice, I just said my opinion. I said crude on the basis of the overall feel i got. I am not sayimg Palio is a bad car at all, just that ididnt like it . To each his own.
Old 5th December 2007, 11:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
the car miht feel sluggish initially, but comes to its own after 4000 rpm. if yo want to get the best out of the car you have to keep the rpms high..

whats the meaning of this?? are you saying that the way you drive you are always utilising your cedia's abs and ebd? the Palios brakes may lack the feel but stop the car quite well, should not be an issue anyway. your comments smell of pure showoff and nothing else.. sorry for the harsh words, but could not control myself.

lost the power to type after reading this

Hey BlackPearl,
My comments were just my opinions. I didnt say Palio is a bad car. Just that i didnt find it to my taste. I do not want to react to your statement regarding "pure show off"...it just reflects your thinking. But that was not at all my intention in any ways.
Old 6th December 2007, 16:18   #21
BHPian

Manual climate control in Palio

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittalnrv View Post
What ,,, 4th or 5th gear pushes you back,you must be kiddin right. I have never experienced this even on the new Camry manual tranny! Maybe you mistook the Italian Palio for an Enzo.

Climate Control...high hopes heh

I suspect you are talking about the wrong car.
Well, to be honest, yes. It zips past the traffic on NH-8 and you feel confident while overtaking. Its not a hard push but acceleration is really felt.

Regarding climate control, it is there in every car. Palio has a manual climate control. Turning AC on does not mean that one turns the temperature knob fully to the chill zone and control blower speed every now and then.

I simply turn the knob to somewhere between red-blue zone depending on the heat and it keeps the cabin at a comfortable temperature. You don't even need to switch the blower on because as soon as you switch the climate control (AC Button) on, blower starts on speed 1.
Old 12th December 2007, 18:58   #22
BHPian

Hi
Can any palio user share experience about city and highway/ghats driving ?
Since it is underpowered , what are the main issues that we encounter while driving in city as week as on highways due to less power ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks