Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2023, 11:25   #271
BHPian

re: Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Using USB drive takes away one charging port that my car occupant could use. Hence no to usb. Also, usb power is highly dependent on car’s running status,
Yes exactly, I have seen with A/C off the camera works better. But still it gives issues at lower engine speeds. Will get it hardwired and update if any improvement is seen.
masterChief007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 08:59   #272

Re: Dashcam Installation

Quote:
Also, there is a detailed thread since 2013 on the forum - varying views and experiences. Go through this: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...vr-thread.html (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread)
Yes, of all the 20 odd options available in India, this tops the list as the most expensive one. Hence, cost optimum might not be the right verbiage for this. Yes, you rightly mentioned it's features, but a cost optimum solution would meet somewhere in between.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th May 2023 at 09:23. Reason: Quote content trimmed
Shashank700 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 07:57   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

The Red all over!

Gulmohar is in full bloom - I remember those highway treest on both sides of Hukkeri Town on NH48 - they were such a beautiful sight. I say “were” as the trees are cut owing to road widening :(

And then it occured to me that we have such beautiful Gulmohar trees all around south bangalore towards Kanakapura/ Makedatu and adjoining areas! The weekend that was almost wasted doing nothing was saved by a last minute quick drive on sunday evening. The reward for making that decison of venturing into construction-messed, full of traffic Kanakapura road is here:

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-pxl_20230514_123303432_original.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-pxl_20230514_124918350_original.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_5332_original.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-pxl_20230514_131915829_original.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_3701_original_original.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_3693_original.jpeg

The best head-on I was able to get this:

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_5331_original.jpeg

And here we head into another busy work week! Happy Monday and stay tuned for more updates.
abirnale is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 15:18   #274
BHPian

re: Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up

I am currently wondering whether to book a XUV700 AWD, Scorpion Z8 L 4*4 or wait for the Thar 5 door.

In Kolkata, the price difference between top end Scorpio and XUV700 is less than INR 1 Lakh. Also, Scorpio will probably need more spends, including adding front sensor or 360 camera and also underbody protection, given bad approach and departure angles

Hence, my question on this thread: given your experience of 1000s of KMs, have you faced issues with XUV700 on bad roads, coffee plantation or similar trails?

I am not talking about river crossing or dune bashing but more simply, an effortless visit to Spiti, Ladakh or Sikkim, without worrying about ground clearance with 4 on board and luggage. Or navigating Work in Progress roads from Kolkata to Bangalore or the speadbreakers of Bangalore.

Has ground clearance or approach/ departure angles ever caused tense moments in your drives?

Also, how is the AC performance for the rear seats in your outings, given the large panoramic sunroof?

Have you ever thought if Jeep Meridian could have been a better option if you were buying today? Even though we know less power, rattles and after service experience of Jeep. But maybe better off/bad road performance? Brand cachet doesn't matter.

Last edited by Sidban85 : 22nd May 2023 at 15:20. Reason: Typos
Sidban85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 13:11   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
I am currently wondering whether to book a XUV700 AWD, Scorpion Z8 L 4*4 or wait for the Thar 5 door.
Looks like all - mahindra choices! All of these cars have slightly different objectives - purpose built. If you want best of all worlds, I am sorry, there is no such thing that exists. Go with what works for you in majority of the cases - like how many times you want to do Spiti, Ladakh or whatever it is vs your usual things? Pick the car that suits your most needs. Then consider the variant that helps bridge the gap with other choices. Generally top variant is ideal. AWD helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
Hence, my question on this thread: given your experience of 1000s of KMs, have you faced issues with XUV700 on bad roads, coffee plantation or similar trails?
….
Has ground clearance or approach/ departure angles ever caused tense moments in your drives?
…..
Also, how is the AC performance for the rear seats in your outings, given the large panoramic sunroof?

Have you ever thought if Jeep Meridian could have been a better option if you were buying today?
In single line - the answer is I don't regret buying XUV7OO AT AX7L AWD. I wish they had petrol engine option for AWD!

To answer more specifically, I have been to many places where only a high GC car and all-powered wheels can go. No trouble at all. but please note, I did not do off-roading! I did the soft-roading! Ground clearance or approach and departure angles are not a problem - I as a naive user don’t understand these things. All I know if this car survived the places that we went through or rather say we chose the places knowing what this car is capable of. And more the time you spent, you explore the limits and stretch them by complementing with your support system.

My car has CR40 film on the sunroof - so that might be helping. The AC is almost all Mahindra cars is chilling. Throw, flow and directions. more than needed for my kind of usage. Knowing it can remotely start the car and AC, I use that feature when available and needed to cool off ahead of time. That helps too.

Jeep meridian, yes, good car. Not comparable with AWD XUV7OO. Would I buy it? NO - its damn costly and if i am anyway plonking that money, I would stretch a little more and go for a T-Fort, a Kodiaq 4x4 or buy a Thar and a XUV7OO Petrol together

Jokes aside - this is our usual trip summary and the reason why we continue to enjoy the car:

This compilation was from our weekend trip to Galibore Nature camp.

Stay tuned for more updates!
abirnale is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 13:57   #276
BHPian

The fuse to be tapped from the inside cabin fusebox - I am not using parking recording since my parking place has my own CCTV setup as well as at work its secured.

Attachment 2447995

I believe you chose the incorrect fuse for ACC; this fuse is for engine and ignition. If there is a problem with the dashcam, the fuse will blow. The car will not start because the ignition fuse is blown.

Is there a reason you chose the accessories one over the VCC one, even when there is a spare right next to it?

Parking recording is a useful function to have because you may need to park outside your CCTV premises at times.

Last edited by msinghal80 : 24th May 2023 at 14:01.
msinghal80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 16:46   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msinghal80 View Post
If there is a problem with the dashcam, the fuse will blow. The car will not start because the ignition fuse is blown.
The scenario you mentioned is actually for wire-tap.

Fuse tap gives additional fuse for the new circuit. The original fuse is intact, only that it is moved to the adapter. So any short is the dashcam will not affect the original circuit fuse.
bejoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 14:45   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Adrenox Connection Experience

I think I found a situation that many folks have reported earlier - Car loosing connectivity/ Connected car feature not working. While there could be many reasons why this happens, I think I found one such scenario and the fix too - the one that doesn’t need the visit to ASC.

On May 19th, we were at the banks of Cauvery, in the jungle with zero connectivity to any sort of network - let alone Vi. So obviously the connected car features (viz. Lock, Unlock, Remote Start/ cooling) did not work while out of network. Neither the phone that runs the Adrenox app nor the Car that has Vi eSim worked.

On 20th May, car returned to urban jungle where connectivity is not an issue. I did not notice that the Car network connectivity wasn’t restored. I was thinking something wrong with the mobile app - tried logging out and in to no avail. Then it dawned upon me - checked the car ICE display. The network signal icon with car on it always showed zero signal! When I had logged into the app, none of the trips from May 19 onwards were logged in the app. This basically means, without eSim having signal and connectivity, even the car tracking is useless.

So I did a simple fix - use the spanner provided in the car’s stock toolset and disconnected battery for about 5 mins. And then reconnected it again. And there we have the connectivity restored. All the features including lock, unlock, trip tracking etc. is working like normal.

So here is the summary - when things don’t work, try Ctrl + Alt + del! Meaning, battery disconnect and reconnect! This car is half mechanical and half computer - some of the computer hacks should work here too!

Warning - These stunts are done under expert supervision. Do not imitate these yourself if you aren’t a stunts-man or have expert help at the site. Meaning - battery terminal, connection and disconnection requires some care and knowledge. Do it only if you know how to disconnect and reconnect battery. There will be battery disconnect event logged in the ECU that M&M can read when they connect their laptop. So big boss is watching you, albeit remotely.

For reference trip snapshots from Adrenox app before and after the connectivity saga:

The trip - on the way to jungle, no network destination:

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_5754.png

After the connectivity was lost, until I noticed the lack of connected features:

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_5758.png

After the battery power recycle happened:

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_5759.png

There are a lot of such small nuances that one must understand and learn as the machines get more complex and difficult beyond just pure mechanical things. These discoveries/ FAQs or DOs and DONTs is what will make your ownership anxiety free - be it any car, and not just XUV-7-Oh-oh!

Stay tuned for more updates and experiences.
abirnale is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 12:13   #279
BHPian

Hi abirnale
My car has got service action for Coolant pipe 'O' ring replacement. Specific batch of cars have got this service action.
The service center has said that the car will be kept for more than a day for the same.
Do you have any idea about this? Have you done this on your XUV?
niranjan.mulye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 21:15   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
Hi abirnale
My car has got service action for Coolant pipe 'O' ring replacement. Specific batch of cars have got this service action.
….
Do you have any idea about this? Have you done this on your XUV?
Yes, my car too is featured in this list: Coolant pipe O Ring would need about 2-3 hours of work. TheRedSparkle also has a relay switch recall from main fuse box for alternator or something IIRC. And the car probably also needs LCA replacement. I am waiting for all the parts to arrive in stock - already raised the requisition request by my usual ASC. As son as they get it, I will send the car for a day - it should be taken in bay first ting in morning and out by evening. I generally plan these things working with my SA to ensure that i have prior appointments, planned timings. Unless something related to safety and reliability, I never show up unannounced and without prior appointment.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 21:26   #281
BHPian

I have already done LCA and relay switch replacement. My SA said that the O ring replacement is absolutely necesary and must be done at the earliest.
niranjan.mulye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 22:06   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Just catching up on the car pictures I took over the last two weeks and did not post :(

Here we go:

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_3902_original.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-dji_0871_original.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_5795_original.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_5782_original.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_5794_original.jpeg

The food is integral part of the drives - be it short, long or very long!

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_5394_original.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_5395_original.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_5396_original.jpeg

These were pictures clicked on the Galibore visit and the weekend wandering into the Banerghatta Forest buffer zones towards Jigani side.

Stay tuned for more updates.
abirnale is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 14:59   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Just catching up on the car pictures I took over the last two weeks and did not post :(
These were pictures clicked on the Galibore visit and the weekend wandering into the Banerghatta Forest buffer zones towards Jigani side.

Stay tuned for more updates.
Hi abirnale! I have been following the journey of the Red Sparkle for a while now, and has been an excellent read.
We had just started on our weekend drive, last Sunday around 8AM, when I glimpsed a red XUV with a black roof, crossing our Black Panther from the opposite direction. Imagine my surprise when the first thing I noticed was the car number and to confirm, looked at the driver and instantly knew it to be the Red Sparkle!

I was waiting for this post. Looking forward to a detailed writeup on your latest adventure with the Red Sparkle.
IvanBiv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 17:31   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
Hi abirnale! I have been following the journey of the Red Sparkle for a while now, and has been an excellent read.
We had just started on our weekend drive, last Sunday around 8AM, when I glimpsed a red XUV with a black roof, crossing our Black Panther from the opposite direction. Imagine my surprise when the first thing I noticed was the car number and to confirm, looked at the driver and instantly knew it to be the Red Sparkle!
Wow, I am thrilled! Wish we could stop for a quick chat too. Thank you for all the kind words and appreciation.

The month of June and July are the months I am eager to get on the road - a few trips I have been planning to make happen but continue to face some headwinds - thanks to the grown-up kids and their “exam” and “test” schedules! And i am yet to gather courage to leave everyone behind and head out solo!

By the way, as I type this, TheRedSparkle is getting new brake pads for front and rear, getting some recalls addressed. More details post over weekend coming up.

Thanks for reading!
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 08:35   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Some recalls and some running Repairs!

When #TheRedSparkle went for 40K Kms service, we knew in about another 2-3 K Kms, we will need brake pads replaced. Yes, yet again. We had also noticed that there was a recall on a relay switch pending.

So yesterday after a confirmation of all parts availability, took car to Chrome Motors. Took some time to get started the work but finally by the end of the day, the work was completed:
  • R&R: Brake Pads - front
  • R&R: Brake Pads - Rear
  • R&R: Cabin Air filter (was out of stock earlier)
  • Service Action: Alternator Relay Switch
  • Service Action: Coolant Pipe “O” Ring
  • Service Action: The infamous LCA
The brake pads actually lasted longer than the earlier set. I used them to the max extent, until almost the sensors went off. See the pictures for yourself:

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_5578_original.jpeg

The ASC generally shows you how much life is left in pads or how long it can last. They use these simple thickness measurement tools to illustrate. Thing to do after pads change is also to top-up brake fluid/ or completely drain and fill. Needs bleeding to be done thereafter.

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_5582_original.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_5581_original.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_5594_original.jpeg

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_5595_original.jpeg

The Service actions were very simple but need some good effort on the technician’s part. The Relay switch was the simplest one - takes less than 30 seconds. The coolant pipe O ring is tedious one. It needs removal of a lot of things in engine compartment including battery, under body protection and so on. That was the most time consuming work - for a simple 18Rs rubber ring replacement!

I had complained many times about some suspension noise - finally they acknowledged and went to replace the LCA. After the repairs, the suspension feels much much refined and silent!

So finally, the R&R is what I paid for while all service actions were addressed in warranty without any labour or parts charges to me. And thus, we are back on road again doing what we love to do most!

Reincarnating Orange Cheetah | TheRedSparkle Mahindra XUV700 AX7L AWD | 60,000 km up-img_3937.jpeg

Happy driving! Stay tuned for more updates.

Last edited by abirnale : 10th June 2023 at 08:43.
abirnale is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks